PDA

View Full Version : Sam And Dean Winchester vs. Mortal Kombat's Deadly Alliance!

ArlEammon
2015-11-23, 03:10 PM
Quan Chi and Shang Tsung are invading Earth Realm. Sam and Dean Winchester, with the Colt and other weapons make it to their location, and find Shang Tsung and Quan Chi have just slaughtered Rowena, thanks to each other's magical support somehow taking Rowena out despite her powerful magic. Sam and Dean have their weapons and the Mark of Cain, etcetera ((Though it's possible the Sorcerers have a way around the Mark of Cain's protections, and they're not invulnerable to some things that Shang Tsung and Quan Chi are capable of)).

An Enemy Spy
2015-11-23, 04:13 PM
Sam and Dean are basically just two guys with decent fighting skills, some magical know how, and a car full of artifacts. I don't see how they'd manage against Mortal Kombat type bad guys.

ArlEammon
2015-11-23, 04:15 PM
Sam and Dean are basically just two guys with decent fighting skills, some magical know how, and a car full of artifacts. I don't see how they'd manage against Mortal Kombat type bad guys.

How do they manage against Lucifer?

thorgrim29
2015-11-23, 04:22 PM
They have very situational superpowers and God on their side?

ArlEammon
2015-11-23, 04:25 PM
They have very situational superpowers and God on their side?

Doesn't one of them have the Mark of Cain?

The Glyphstone
2015-11-23, 04:32 PM
Doesn't one of them have the Mark of Cain?

Doesn't seem to help much vs. non-demons, looking at the wiki - it's just a pretty generic superhero power set of strength and stamina, plus telekinesis, with a side effect of murderous berserker rage. Sure, he's technically immortal (not sure how that interacts with the resurrection ability) but I have no doubt the MK sorcerers could find a means of incapacitating or immobilizing the Mark's bearer without killing them.

I think i have to agree with thorgrim - their entire power suite, skill set, and experience is oriented towards battling demonic powers with some monsters of the week thrown in. Their opposition in this thread is as powerful and intelligent/cunning as some of the most powerful enemies in Supernatural, but with the advantage of being entirely non-demonic and thus exempt from the Winchesters' most effective countermeasures.

thorgrim29
2015-11-23, 04:33 PM
Not at that point no, the season they fought Lucifer was sam's turn to be the Child of Destiny (tm) (more or less)

An Enemy Spy
2015-11-23, 05:33 PM
And any powers they receive always, always come back to bite them in the ass later.

Anteros
2015-11-23, 05:36 PM
If you gave them time to research their enemies and look for a Mcguffin that could one shot them maybe. Or if they're allowed to call in Castiel.

In a cage match they'd get murdered by even the normal human fighters.

ArlEammon
2015-11-23, 05:45 PM
If you gave them time to research their enemies and look for a Mcguffin that could one shot them maybe. Or if they're allowed to call in Castiel.

In a cage match they'd get murdered by even the normal human fighters.

Maybe if this were Mortal Kombat movie style Shang Tsung they could win.

Lvl45DM!
2015-11-23, 11:22 PM
They have the Colt.
They win with two shots.

MK fighters take loads of punishment massive endurance which is a real problem when the enemy has a magic bullet, knife or sword taht can kill you in one hit.

ArlEammon
2015-11-23, 11:26 PM
They have the Colt.
They win with two shots.

MK fighters take loads of punishment massive endurance which is a real problem when the enemy has a magic bullet, knife or sword taht can kill you in one hit.

It might not be a victory in two shots. They can't dodge bullets but they can dodge aim. They aren't stupid, they know if they try to tank bullets there's going to be a problem.

Lvl45DM!
2015-11-23, 11:32 PM
It might not be a victory in two shots. They can't dodge bullets but they can dodge aim. They aren't stupid, they know if they try to tank bullets there's going to be a problem.

They two sorcerors have survived worse ao im not sure why they wouldnt tank the bullets. And as for dodging aim Sam and Dean are crack shots. Im not saying itllbe a flawless victory but odds favour the boys with the point and click insta kill weapon

Cheesegear
2015-11-23, 11:46 PM
The Winchesters have three (or more) insta-kill weapons;
The Colt, Ruby's Knife, and, depending on the time-frame, The First Blade. If you want to give them a couple of Angel Blades, that works too.
The Colt is a ranged weapons, and automatically OP. If anyone gets shot, they're dead. No save. Do not pass Go.

The Winchesters are just normal guys. Like John Constantine, but far less cool. But that's 'cause Constantine is magic-Batman. Any solid blow landed by either Quan Chi or Shang Tsung will kill them dead. However, there are normal humans in the MK-verse who can stand up to - and even defeat - both Quan Chi and Shang Tsung, so that's not even clear. In-game, both MK fighters are actually chumps of the highest order. The Winchesters also possess a number of Melee weapons (above) that also insta-kill, dead. If the MK guys get close enough to get stabbed, they're dead.

Then, the Winchesters have Castiel and/or Crowley to bring them back to life or heal them for bits. The MK fighters have no such demigods in their pocket, as the one who is in their pocket - Shao Kahn - can't even interfere on Earthrealm.

Winchesters OP. There's a reason they get nerfed at the end of every season. :smallwink:

Lvl45DM!
2015-11-23, 11:52 PM
The Winchesters have three (or more) insta-kill weapons;
The Colt, Ruby's Knife, and, depending on the time-frame, The First Blade. If you want to give them a couple of Angel Blades, that works too.
The Colt is a ranged weapons, and automatically OP. If anyone gets shot, they're dead. No save. Do not pass Go.

The Winchesters are just normal guys. Like John Constantine, but far less cool. Any solid blow landed by either Quan Chi or Shang Tsung will kill them dead. However, there are normal humans in the MK-verse who can stand up to - and even defeat - both Quan Chi and Shang Tsung. In-game, both MK fighters are actually chumps of the highest order. The Winchesters also possess a number of Melee weapons (above) that also insta-kill, dead. If the MK guys get close enough to get stabbed, they're dead.

Then, the Winchesters have Castiel and/or Crowley to bring them back to life or heal them for bits. The MK fighters have no such demigods in their pocket, as the one who is in their pocket - Shao Kahn - can't even interfere on Earthrealm.

Credit where Credit is due Sam and Dean have both taken beatdowns from superbeings and lived, Angels, Leviathans, Lucifer. The Boys have taken down bigger fish, all they have to do is play smart. Not to mention they always have some Iron on them and Iron ruins all spellcasting.

If I were the boys I'd summon Crowley tell him to set up a meet with the two uber sorcerors and shoot them in the back with the Colt. And don't tell me the two MK guys wouldnt want a meet and greet with the King of Hell.

Anteros
2015-11-24, 01:17 AM
Beings on the show have survived being shot by the Colt, as well as being stabbed by Ruby's knife.

Cheesegear
2015-11-24, 02:31 AM
Beings on the show have survived being shot by the Colt

Only Lucifer, and he's well, Lucifer.

as well as being stabbed by Ruby's knife.

As far as I remember (and in 10 Seasons, there's a lot to remember), only Cain and Abaddon didn't die when stabbed. I don't remember if Lilith or Samhain got stabbed.
Cain is immune to death, much the same way that Lucifer is. Abaddon is...Well, she had her head cut off and didn't even die. Again, both special cases.

Lvl45DM!
2015-11-24, 08:10 AM

As far as I remember (and in 10 Seasons, there's a lot to remember), only Cain and Abaddon didn't die when stabbed. I don't remember if Lilith or Samhain got stabbed.
Cain is immune to death, much the same way that Lucifer is. Abaddon is...Well, she had her head cut off and didn't even die. Again, both special cases.

The knife is only a demon killing knife. Since both MK guys were originally human (i think) it should only really affect them like...a knife.

As for the Colt there are specifically stated to be 5 things in all existence that can't be killed by it. Lucifer and (probably) Michael Death God and the Darkness. Cosmic keystones to existence and fate, not just regular superpowerful monsters.

Anteros
2015-11-24, 08:40 AM

I thought they shot a Leviathan as well at one point. Regardless, Lucifer said there were 5 things the Colt couldn't kill when they tried it on him.

Even if we agree the Colt is a one hit kill, the real question is if the invasion will take long enough for Sam to angst for a few months while Dean broods.

Lvl45DM!
2015-11-24, 08:44 AM
I thought they shot a Leviathan as well at one point. Regardless, Lucifer said there were 5 things the Colt couldn't kill when they tried it on him.

Even if we agree the Colt is a one hit kill, the real question is if the invasion will take long enough for Sam to angst for a few months while Dean broods.

Nah they lost the Colt after shooting Luci.
And since the Apocalypse, the uprising of all monsterkind, the invasion of Leviathan, Crowleys plotting, the fall of the angels and rise of a new God and the primordial force of destruction the Darkness all take long enough for Sam to angst while Dean broods...I think we're safe:smalltongue: