PDA

View Full Version : Did I do this right? Applying PrCs

ocato
2007-06-03, 10:31 PM
Okay. I'm a loser. I almost always play full base classes with no PrCs. But I'm experimenting, learning, etcing!

So, I am making a character for a pretty high level game, and I was going to go Cleric 6/ Radiant Servant of Pelor 9 for an ECL of 15. Now please tell me if I did my BaB calculation and saves right because I am sort of not entirely certain.

L6 Cleric gets +4 BaB +5 Fort +2 Reflex and +5 Will
L1 Radiant servant gets +0 BaB, +2 Fort +0 Reflex and +2 will

the L9 radiant servant gets +6 BaB +6 Fort +3 Reflex and +5 Will

So the L15 character ought to have +10 BaB +11 Fort +5 Reflex and +11 Will

I wasn't entirely sure because the L15 cleric has +9 fort +5 reflex and +9 will and a much higher bab with multiple attacks. There are no slashes on the Radiant BaB bonus so I assume this character would never get any full attacks. Am I right or dumb? (please be nice)

Gralamin
2007-06-03, 10:34 PM
Okay. I'm a loser. I almost always play full base classes with no PrCs. But I'm experimenting, learning, etcing!

So, I am making a character for a pretty high level game, and I was going to go Cleric 6/ Radiant Servant of Pelor 9 for an ECL of 15. Now please tell me if I did my BaB calculation and saves right because I am sort of not entirely certain.

I wasn't entirely sure because the L15 cleric has +9 fort +5 reflex and +9 will and a much higher bab with multiple attacks. There are no slashes on the Radiant BaB bonus so I assume this character would never get any full attacks. Am I right or dumb? (please be nice)

If you meant +6 will at level 9 Radiant servant, yes you are correct in everything.

ocato
2007-06-03, 10:35 PM
Yes I did, thanks for catching that.

The_Snark
2007-06-03, 10:36 PM
Prestige classes never show the slashes, but you do get iterative attacks on a full attack anyway.

And yeah, you have it right; just stack up the save bonuses and BAB from each class. BAB is +10/+5, saves are +11/+5/+11. Prestige classes tend to mess around the base values a little, even when they have the same progression as the base class does.

kpenguin
2007-06-03, 10:36 PM

Everything is right, except that you don't get additional attacks. You do. Any character with higher than +6 BAB has additional attacks. Your character would have +10/+5 as its BAB. The PrCs just never show the additional attacks.

ocato
2007-06-03, 10:37 PM
That sounds lovely, I hope you are correct. Confirmation?

kpenguin
2007-06-03, 10:42 PM
The example Radiant Servant in Complete Divine has a BAB of 6 (+4 from 6 cleric levels, +2 from 3 Radiant Servant levels). His full attack is +9/+4 with his +1 heavy mace (+6/+1 from BAB, +1 from the mace's enhancement bonus, and +2 from his strength)

Since this is from the WotC source, I assume it serves as confirmation.

Dhavaer
2007-06-03, 10:43 PM

Increases in BAB always give iterative attacks in the normal progression unless stated otherwise.

Mattarias, King.
2007-06-03, 10:46 PM

Confirmed, my fellow minstrel! Incidentally, I was just looking into that very issue, myself. :smallsmile:

ocato
2007-06-03, 10:48 PM
Thanks for not calling me dumb or pulling my hair and making me eat bugs. No one here was jedi-mind tricked out of doing so with a high diplomacy check. Move along.

Fourth Tempter
2007-06-03, 10:53 PM
You have the numbers correct, but full attacks are based on one's Base Attack Bonus (note that as a cleric, Divine Power--and as a level fifteen cleric, Quickened Divine Power--will be able to increase your Base Attack Bonus to equal your level every combat)--the "slashes" are a representation. Prestige classes add Base Attack Bonus; if it is six or more, you receive two attacks; eleven or more, three attacks; sixteen or more, four attacks. Base Attack Bonus is Base Attack Bonus, regardless of the source.

ocato
2007-06-03, 10:58 PM
You have the numbers correct, but full attacks are based on one's Base Attack Bonus (note that as a cleric, Divine Power--and as a level fifteen cleric, Quickened Divine Power--will be able to increase your Base Attack Bonus to equal your level every combat)--the "slashes" are a representation. Prestige classes add Base Attack Bonus; if it is six or more, you receive two attacks; eleven or more, three attacks; sixteen or more, four attacks. Base Attack Bonus is Base Attack Bonus, regardless of the source.

That sounds like devil magic and I would like to hear more about it.

Dhavaer
2007-06-03, 11:00 PM
Cheesy goodness. Enjoy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/divinePower.htm).

TheOOB
2007-06-03, 11:02 PM
The example Radiant Servant in Complete Divine has a BAB of 6 (+4 from 6 cleric levels, +2 from 3 Radiant Servant levels). His full attack is +9/+4 with his +1 heavy mace (+6/+1 from BAB, +1 from the mace's enhancement bonus, and +2 from his strength)

Since this is from the WotC source, I assume it serves as confirmation.

The example characters in WotC books are the last place you want to look for confirmation of anything. Quite often they contain very sevear errors.

Matthew
2007-06-08, 04:40 PM
Also, be aware the prolific Multi Classers often ask for the variant Fractional Base Attack Bonus Rule, which would probably allow you to stay at +11 BAB (I haven't done the Math, but I think that's how it works).