PDA

View Full Version : Elementals VS Scenarios

Xar Zarath
2015-11-24, 01:11 AM
You are able to summon/bind only elementals in these situations. Nothing else. Which elementals would be best suited for...

1) fighting an army of mooks

2) guarding/protecting a person/group of persons/ an area

3) sneaking your way in and uncovering info/ assassinating someone

Fouredged Sword
2015-11-24, 08:15 AM
1) earth. Dr and the ability to just pull people under ground makes these awesome mook smashers.

2) for this one I think a mix of earth and air. Air elementals can carry the charge out of harms way while the earth elementals smash the attackers / pull them underground.

3) Air elementals all the way. Fast perfect flight is hard to counter or stop. They can hide in clouds a quarter of a mile up and charge down.

Aleolus
2015-11-24, 08:26 AM
1) Fire. They have AoE damage in an area around them, so they can. quite literally just walk through the mooks and kill them as they pass.

2) Earth. DR plus the ability to fashion a stone wall to slow things down (I think they can make stone walls at least)

3) Air. Difficult to see, perfect flight speed. Though, in full honesty, an Invisible Stalker would work better for this, and I think they are classified as an Elemental as well.

Sorry if any of myy information is wrong, I'm on mobile right now and away from books

Flickerdart
2015-11-24, 09:08 AM
Are we only counting creatures with Elemental in their name, creatures of the Elemental type, or just the four core elementals?

noob
2015-11-24, 03:32 PM
Roentgenium elemental.
It suddenly explodes destroying everything miles around
mooks are dead.
Those people to defend are no longer your problem: they are dead now you can return to the tippyverse.
That place to infiltrate is now clean visit the crater as you wish nobody else will come due to radiations.

Xar Zarath
2015-11-25, 02:32 AM
Are we only counting creatures with Elemental in their name, creatures of the Elemental type, or just the four core elementals?

creatures with elemental type:smallbiggrin:

Also, do Air elementals have sufficient dr to protect them from any sword-wielding mook? and are they considered to be perfectly invisible?

Mr Adventurer
2015-11-25, 02:40 AM
Air elementals for all three because Whirlwind and flight.

Draken
2015-11-25, 06:18 PM
You are able to summon/bind only elementals in these situations. Nothing else. Which elementals would be best suited for...

1) fighting an army of mooks

I would go with Storm Elementals here, they have quite a few fancy aoe abilities.

2) guarding/protecting a person/group of persons/ an area

This is a job for an Immoth, also known as a 12th level sorcerer who can cast spells as free actions. Actually, everything is a job for an Immoth, because it is a 12th level sorcerer who can cast spells as free actions. Planar Binding can get you one with two HD to spare. They can be quite friendly too, if you treat them well and pay them for their services with free access to a library.

3) sneaking your way in and uncovering info/ assassinating someone

This is, more or less, the reason Invisible Stalkers exist.