PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Warpriest!

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-03, 11:37 PM
So, in an evil campaign somewhere else (This is Lawful Evil and quite a few people were in fact LN, so don't point out that most evil campaigns are pointless), I am playing a Cleric of Hextor to be PrCing into Warpriest. However, I realize that Warpriest isn't the best choice...but it works well. Heroes' Feasts are delicious. I would, however, like a bit of advice on pumping up the build. My current idea was to take advantage of the Warpriest's constant increase in turning potency to make use of those use-turn-undead-for other-things feats, as well as the mandatory Divine Metamagic cheese that comes with taking levels in Cleric. However, I still think that it could be better. Any ideas?

PinkysBrain
2007-06-04, 12:06 AM
The fact he adds turning is irrelevant, since most of them don't rely on your effective cleric level for turning (divine spell power does, but with your increasingly poor spells casting who cares?). I'd go for divine metamagic quicken, it's less cheesy than persistent.

ZeroNumerous
2007-06-04, 01:07 AM
(This is Lawful Evil and quite a few people were in fact LN, so don't point out that most evil campaigns are pointless)

1: Evil isn't about pointless slaughter, and you can still be neutral with leanings toward evil.

2: My suggestion. Please, please, please find another PrC. I suggest Contemplative(CDiv) or Divine Oracle(CDiv too).

That said, you're better off just abandoning spellcasting when you're casting as a 15th level Cleric at 20th. You may wanna pick up the Divine Shield/Might feats so you can add your Charisma to your AC/damage. Other than that.. Try worshipping Hextor in a superficial sense and picking different domains. Destruction/Deathbound is nice, because then you can make undead which you can then bolster.