PDA

View Full Version : Heros Sans Frontier IC

Fri
2015-11-24, 03:22 AM
Ah, beach in summer. Sun, Sand, Surf, and S...softserve ice cream. Today, the famous beach of Central City is packed as always, with both tourists and local citizen who want to escape the heat by wearing as little clothing as legally allowed. People are sunbathing, kids are screaming, surfers are surfing, ice cream vendors are yelling. It's business as usual.

For one reason or another, your character is currently in the general area. What might they be doing right now?

TerrickTerran
2015-11-24, 06:27 AM
Helen was enjoying a day at the beach keeping her perfect tan. She knew that as a super hero, you couldn't just be good, but you had to look good as well. After a busy night of patrolling it was nice to have a relaxing day for a change. She scanned the area in general but at least for the moment it was nice and relaxed and she could enjoy the sun for a while.

mg_3D
2015-11-24, 07:36 AM
Spot loved the beach, there were always so many nice people there! He was currently playing fetch with one family, often leaping up to catch the ball before it landed. He recognized the smells of a few people there, but he didn't really care too much, as the small tennis ball was much more exiting than a few smells.

WindStruck
2015-11-24, 07:37 AM
Rylie was on a date. His girlfriend, Felicia, had wanted to come here for some odd reason. He couldn't understand why. The beaches were pleasant and warm, the sea was nice and cool, but the sheer number of people - the number of humans in this day and age of superheroes who still weren't used to the sight of magical creatures (or aliens for that matter) - was nerve-wracking.

The two flew invisibly across the beach above the throngs of people, but Felicia paid them no mind. She led Rylie past the beach proper to a small, secluded area surrounded by sharp rocks, thorny plants, and tide pools. Here was a tiny slice of paradise all to their own. The sound of people yelling and screaming was but background noise compared to the rolling of waves and the calls of seagulls.

The two pixies got more comfortable and relaxed. They frolicked in the water and they also talked about many things. Eventually they lied upon the sand in each other's arms and began to make out. Hmm. Guess Rylie was wrong. It seemed today was going to turn out to be a very good day.

Elbeyon
2015-11-24, 08:38 AM
Helen has a future ex-onlooker. Standing a head under, a dwarf compared to her, Gumdrop is looking at her hard.

She passes off some shaved ice to some children in return for their parent's money. Finishing her sells, when she gets noticed by Helen she slides the her two suckers from mouth front to side. A smile on her face. A shaved ice cart moves ahead of the shorter women. Her ringing a gentle bell as she approaches. Childishly she over enunciates asking, "Care for some ice? Suckers are on the house."

Q'telun
2015-11-24, 12:17 PM
Beckett sits on the back of his bike in full uniform, enjoying a small break in the middle of his shift. No monsters, no magic, just the smell of the ocean and the bright sun. He leans back and stretches causing bits of lightning to arc between him and the ground on the bike. Today is turning out to be a beautiful day.

YourWaifu
2015-11-24, 12:21 PM
Hikaru had always wanted to come here, but she hadn't had the time to do it until now. All of the unpacking she had to do had left her busy for quite a while. She was new to Central City, and like many others, was taking the time to enjoy the famous sights and smells.

Guidebook in hand, the girl happily skipped down the beach until she found a nice spot to sit. Coincidentally, that spot was near a dog and a family playing a game of fetch with a tennis ball. The scene almost reminded her of one of the beaches on Okinawa. There were always people and animals playing in the surf and the sand, but there was something very American about this beach that she couldn't put her finger on. Whatever it was, she liked it.

mg_3D
2015-11-24, 03:34 PM
Spot was playing happily with his ball, when it went lower than he expected and he ended up kicking it off towards where a young woman was sitting, relaxing. Spot sped off after it, grabbing it just before it hit the woman's leg. unfortunately for spot, sand isn't the best surface for stopping on after running, and he skidded right into her leg, dropping the ball. "sorry!" he sent mentally to her immediately. then he recognized Hikaru, mostly by smell, and quickly went form apologetic to happy again. "Hikaru friend! Hi!" he seemed to have rotten all about the ball, much to the disappointment of the family he had been playing with.

TerrickTerran
2015-11-24, 03:50 PM
Helen roused by a voice out of her daydreams looked up slowly. "What..Ice? Huh...oh, what flavors do you have?" The beach was getting busier with activity and she felt her tanning might be coming to an end for the day.

Elbeyon
2015-11-24, 04:07 PM
"Ah, I'm sorry. Did I wake you honey? I didn't mean to interrupt your daydreaming."

Despite her apologetic try she seems more than happy to answer your question. She taps towards a sign on the cart listing the flavors (Standard flavors: Banana, Grape, Cherry, Vanilla, Cotton Candy, etc. etc...) before leaning a couple of inches forward. Her hand cupping the side of her mouth she half hearty whispers, "Ignore the sign. The curious customer can get any flavor they want." She taps the side of her head with her fist. Her two suckers apparently have smiley faces on them; which would be hard to notice if she wasn't sticking her tongue out at you.

"It's a nice day today. Here for the sun?"

A spark of realization hits her eyes as if she just recognized you. "...Hey. Haven't I seen you somewhere before?"

YourWaifu
2015-11-24, 05:13 PM
Hikaru was awoken from her daydream by a soft thud. Looking around, she noticed the furry mass who seemed to have woken her up. An excited sounding voice spoke in her head, and Hikaru instantly recognized it.

"Spot!" Hikaru gave the puppy an affectionate hug. Somehow, she matched him in excitement. "It sure is a nice day out, huh? I just knew I had to come down here today, and I'm so glad I did. It's so, so, so nice to see you!"

mg_3D
2015-11-24, 05:40 PM
Spot sniffed the air as Hikaru hugged him, talking almost faster than he could keep up. over the smells of surf, sand, and sunscreen he could smell things like sugar and... pixies? huh, he didn't smell them often. oh well.

Returning his full attention to Hikaru, he replied "it is a nice day out! i'm happy to see you too!"

He stopped for a second, sniffing the air again. the scent of sugar had gotten stronger. He looked over at where it was coming from and saw an shaved ice cart. "Sugary Ices! will you get me some? please? please? please?" he begged for Hikaru to get him shaved ice, going onto his back legs. "just not chocolate." Spot had learned the hard way (repeatedly) not to eat chocolate.

TerrickTerran
2015-11-24, 09:50 PM
"I'm partial to bubblegum myself. And as for knowing me, well I have won a few awards for bodybuilding and such and have been on some minor magazine covers." Helen wasn't quite sure what to make of this salesperson. Something seemed a bit off, but it was hot and the ice sounded nice with the weather.

Fri
2015-11-25, 03:05 AM
"Attention Land Dweller!"

A voice is heard from one point of the beach. But it's mostly drowned by the buzz of the crowd.

The voice came from a ...creature that's standing just at the surf's edge. It's a large, at least 3 meters tall, giant fish. Sea water drips from it, signalling that it had just recently beached. The fish is standing with tail-side down, except rather than tail it's two human legs. On the position where you usually find arms in human there's a pair of squid tentacle. There's a vaguely fishy smell coming from it.

"You land dwellers had polluted the sea so much. I am a creature born of your careless pollution. I am the representation of ocean's anger!" It continues its speech. Most people simply ignore it and just walk around it.

"Pay attention to me land dweller! This is the time of your reckoning!" It starts to yell louder in frustation and waves its tentacles around.

WindStruck
2015-11-25, 04:11 AM
Unfortunately, there was no way for Rylie to see the large fish mutant, and even if he tried listening specifically for it, the noise was drown out by the crowds and distance. He and his girlfriend continued what they were doing, blissfully unaware...

(really, I'll participate! Just when the screaming starts, I guess lol)

The_Admiral
2015-11-25, 06:56 AM
Widget a recently passed C ranked hero, was on patrol, or to be more accurate, her Drones were as she rolled her eyes at the boasts of the 'giant' fish, a small drone was staring at, the fish eye metaphorically lens piercing into it.

TerrickTerran
2015-11-25, 07:59 AM
"Excuse me, no time for ice now." Helen hurried off to a cabana to change into her costume. It did look silly and probably wouldn't have much effect on this monster, but it wasn't like she was really hiding her identity and she actually enjoyed wearing it. She then headed back towards the monster. "Don't blame everyone for the sins of the few. We can work this out if you so choose."

Q'telun
2015-11-25, 08:26 AM
Roman sighs. It was turning out to be one of those kinds of days. One hero already engaging the fish, and not a single person was getting clear of it. He flicks the siren on his bike and guns the engine, rolling down the sandy beach. He stops in front of the giant abomination of nature and kills the noise. "Sir, is there going to be a problem here?"

Elbeyon
2015-11-25, 08:48 AM
"Excuse me, no time for ice now." Helen hurried off to a cabana to change into her costume.

Surprised, she parts with have a good day.

Before yelling, "Ms! You forgot your ice.", as Helen runs away.

"Another customer lost." She looks over at the monster. Honestly a bit shocked by the bravery of the common folk. Two heroes already dealing with the monster meant she should probably help the civilians not die.

The bell on her cart gets an energetic ring, loud but steady and calm, till it becomes that telltale sweet alert. Yelling towards the people by the fish monster, "Sale! Sale! Free candy, ice cream, shaved ice, and watermelons for a limited time." She keeps ringing the bell as she starts to move through the fish crowd and slowly away from it. "Free sweets for a minute!"

Fri
2015-11-25, 09:19 AM
The fish monster looks pretty dejected when no one was paying attention to it, but since there's some who are interacting with it now, its spirit is back.

"No! I believe there's a Land dweller saying, a tooth for a tooth, an eye for an eye. Since you have polluted the sea, now it's our turn to pollute the land now! Come, my minion!"

With its signal, from the sea you can see sign of things swimming toward the beach. And then they jump out of the water!

The newcomers are about a dozen of smaller, similar-looking mutant sea creatures. None of them look the identical, some looks like starfishes, some like clams, some like shrimps, but the thing that connect them all is that all of them have human-looking legs and arms. And in their arms, they all are holding smelly under-sea detritus! Dead sea creatures and what else, all reeking!

"Eew, what smell is this!"

Finally the crowds start to notice the smell. They beach-goers quickly scamper away from the bunch of sea mutants, retching and coughing.

"Ha! Continue, my minion! Spread the pollutant! Let the land dweller taste their own medicine!" The giant fish says. The smaller sea-mutants start to throw the under-sea detritus around the beach.

mg_3D
2015-11-25, 11:20 AM
Spot hasn't been paying much attention when the first fishman came in, but the stench of the later ones got his attention immediately. He walked over towards them.

"Stop smelling!" he mentally barked at the fish-men, and growled at them. now, spot liked fish. they were some of his favorite foods. but this was different, these ones were scaring off his friends.

he then tried to read the large one's mind

i'm going to have to roll for that, unfortunately. this is vs a will save.
[roll0]

WindStruck
2015-11-25, 12:19 PM
"Do you smell that?"

"Hmm..?"

*slipt* *splat!* A hideous crab thing with humanoid arms ending in pincers, walking on a mix of deformed legs and more arms crawled onto the little beach Rylie was at, and began throwing its s**t all around.

Felicia gags and coughs, "Eww!! Gross!!" as some of the refuse lands on her.

The two quickly scramble up and try to gather their things. "What the Hell?!" Rylie says, trying to not throw up at the stench. He becomes visible to address the abomination with a death glare. "What is the meaning of this, you -- you... whatever you are?!"

TerrickTerran
2015-11-25, 02:07 PM
"All right, I gave you the option of the peaceful tactics. You have decided to go against that. Let's prepare for battle." Honey Bunny righted herself up and prepared to move towards the main target figuring a takedown attack might be her best bet for an advantage.

YourWaifu
2015-11-25, 06:15 PM
”Huh? Spot! Wait up!" Hikaru was thinking about how much she could afford to spend on ice cream, but seeing Spot run off took her out of her day-dreaming. She hadn't paid any attention to the monster, that is, until it started to smell. Looking around, she spotted the fish monster, and wasn't quite sure how she missed it. Everyone seemed to be getting ready to fight the thing, so she decided to join in. She had just gotten registered with the HSF in Central City, so it was about time she had a real test!

"Hey! Stop ruining the beach!" She yelled at the largest fish monster. Hikaru didn't want to be too hasty and start a fight, but if everyone else decided it was needed, she'd join in gladly.

The_Admiral
2015-11-26, 12:42 PM
A single drone floated over to Bunny from location unknown, latching onto her back, forming in hindsight Widget though, that might have been a tad threatening, shrugging it off, it expanded forming a suit of armour around the heroine.

Rapid Fire On Strength Damage 7

Super Strength 10, Groundstrike, Shockwave, Thunderclap

Super Speed 5, Wall Run

Bunny has all this now.

WindStruck
2015-11-27, 09:54 AM
Rylie brandishes his sword menacingly. Thinking it's most likely the creature couldn't understand him, he says in English, "Leave here at once. And take your filth with you."

intimidate: [roll0]

TerrickTerran
2015-11-27, 10:59 AM
Honey Bunny hasn't even noticed the sudden acquisitions. Instead she simply leaps towards a group of the fish creatures to take some down.

mg_3D
2015-11-27, 01:17 PM
Spot communicates mentally to the nearby people who seem to be interested in fighting the sea-monsers "the big fish-man was thinking about unleashing a thingy called krakenthulhu, and how terrible land is."

then, he starts wrestling mentally with the big fish man. (mental grapple)

so, mental grappling. i'm not completely useless in combat :smallbiggrin:
[roll0]
cross that, i am useless with that roll, unless they get lower

YourWaifu
2015-11-29, 01:41 AM
"So much for a day off..." Hikaru whispers to herself. She isn't sad in the least though, more excited than anything. It's time to show Central City what she can do!

Creating an X shape in front of herself with her palms, she shouts, "Now that you're up here, enjoy the beauty of the sun!" A bright white light shoots out of her palms, aimed towards the big fishman.

Ranged attack roll for Dazzle(visual): [roll0]

Fri
2015-11-30, 08:37 AM
(I assume Rylie shows himself?)

"Skree!" The group of small fish looks pretty intimidated, but they must've been professional fish soldiers, since they keep throwing their trashes. (-2 for attack rolls and checks this round for fish group A)

(And on the mind reading check, ha ha, you know what. The big fish guy rolled 6)

"What is this. A land dweller tries to get inside my mind palace! It's reserved for fishkinds! Get out of there!" The big fish waves its tentacles around as if its surrounded by unseen bees.

(I think that was a mind reading check and now you roll willpower to do what you want to do, you can Damage, throw, or pin I think. To make things faster, I'll roll his will save now, if yours are higher, you win the grapple and can do what you want)

[roll0] will defense against mind grapple.

Spot can sense that it's going to do a ground pound!

(also to make things faster, eventhough I should wait until spot's grapple, I'll roll an attack for the fish now. [roll1] Area Dazzle if not stopped by Spot, everyone roll reflex against being blinded by sand. If it's stopped, ignore the roll.)

[roll2] reflex against Hikaru's dazzle

As the big fish busies himself trying to get rid of fairies, shrine maidens, and talking dogs, the smaller fish continues throwing trashes around.

"Skreee!"
[roll3] Nauseate. If anyone want to punch the smaller creatures, roll fortitude save once. If fails, you get -2 attack rolls and checks until you can get ahold of yourself.

mg_3D
2015-11-30, 11:12 AM
Spot didn't like this fish-man at all. he decided to try and stop the fish from moving at all, while he started digging down into the sand himself to maybe shield himself from the fish-man.
if he fails this check, he's pinned for a round, but he rolled a 19...
[roll0]
nope... he somehow escaped the mental grapple. if you can't tell, i'm using my move action to dig downwards about 10 feet with my burrowing

Q'telun
2015-11-30, 12:10 PM
The shockwave launches Beckett up off his bike into the air and towards the fish-man.

"Assaulting an Officer of the Law. Assaulting a Hero of the HSF. And most importantly, littering." Lightning runs up his legs as he powers up in flight. With a bit of effort he spins, then launches a lightning kick into the fish-thing's face. "Don't make it resisting arrest as well."

TerrickTerran
2015-11-30, 12:36 PM
"Okay, let's see if we can knock down a few of these fish things."

[roll0] Honey Bunny attempts to take down as many as possible.

WindStruck
2015-11-30, 03:28 PM
Rylie also begins to notice somewhat of a commotion in the other parts of the beaches. He sighs. Looking over to his girlfriend, he says, "Remember that.. organization I mentioned earlier? I think this is related. I wouldn't interrupt our date just for that, but seems it's already been ruined... I'll see you back home."

Felicia manages an agitated nod. If not, definitely was sad and disappointed. She flutters away leaving Rylie to deal with this invasion.

Turning to the lobster mutant, Rylie says, "Won't leave, will you? Well this is for ruining my date!!"

He viciously gouges at the deformed sea creature with his sword.

attack: [roll0]

damage? I'm not too sure, help me out! This thing I have is a sword (which has damage bonus 3 for a normal equipment) but also has the power striking 3 and penetrating 1. Also, consider that with Rylie's strength score, we'd be looking at a -2 penalty. But the strike power negates that.

Taking a guess and saying Damage = 3. toughness dc = 18.

Rylie's fortitude save: [roll1]

YourWaifu
2015-12-01, 10:19 PM
Seeing her attempts to dazzle the fish-man fail, Hikaru switches up her strategy. Thrusting her palm at the fish-man once again, a similar blast of white light to the first materializes. "I told you to stop ruining the beach!"

Reflex: [roll0]
Using Blast on the big fishman: [roll1] If it hits, it does 5 damage.