PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e Homebrew - Rogue Subclass - Brawler

BW600
2015-11-24, 05:59 AM
While looking at the SCAG backgrounds, I had a concept for a rough-and-tumble character using the Urban Bounty Hunter background. However, none of the classes or subclasses really suited it (I considered thief or champion with the tavern brawler feat, but it just didn't feel right). As a result, I created a new rogue subclass, and tried to emulate brawlers and tavern fighters. And here it is. Please do critique and improve as you see fit. (If you recognise some of the features, I brought over a couple of rogue features from 3 and 4e that I quite liked, but were unfortunately taken out for 5e).

Brawler

Unarmoured Defence Beginning at 3rd level, while you are wearing no armour and not wielding a shield, your AC equals 10 + Dexterity modifier + Constitution modifier.

Rough-and-Tumble When you choose this archetype at 3rd level, you become proficient with unarmed strikes and improvised weapons and can use Dexterity for their attack and damage rolls. You also use 1d4 for the damage of unarmed strikes. Additionally, you can use sneak attack with these attacks.

Intimidating Presence At 9th level, you can use your action to threaten an opponent. A creature that you can see must make an Intelligence saving throw (DC 8 + your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus). On a failed save, the creature is frightened for 30 seconds (five rounds). Additionally, you can go without paying for goods in taverns and bars without the owners notifying the authorities.

Unbalancing Trick At 13th level, you can cause your opponent to lose its balance and footing. You can use your action to move up to 10 feet, without provoking opportunity attacks. The next creature you hit with a melee attack becomes prone. If you are damaged before that attack, then this feature does not occur.

Toughened Body Starting at 17th level, you become proficient in Constitution saving throws.