PDA

View Full Version : The voices of OOTS

Zwiebelchen
2015-11-24, 08:23 AM
It's one of the funnier traditions of print-media:
Making up voice actors or actors that would lend the characters their voices ...

What are the voices you hear in your head when you read the comic?

Here are my suggestions:

:roy: This is a tough one... initially I thought Will Smith, but then somehow I settled for Samuel L Jackson because Roy isn't really the funny type. I felt it fits...

:elan: I ... have to admit I always hear the voice of Cathy Weseluck (And his antics remind me of Spike from My Little Pony, so that doesn't help either) if I see him... I just can't imagine Elan with a manly voice.

:haley: Clearly this goes to Tara Strong, since she is my favorite voice actress anyway. She's on so many games or animated movies that it's almost impossible for me not to think of her when reading a female comic protagonist.

:vaarsuvius: Uuhh... to be honest; I have no idea. I have a certain voice in my head, it's just that I can not quite remember who this actress was. I'd definitely go with a female voice, though, simply because his/her gender wouldn't be up to debate if V was voiced by a man in the first place. The voice of the actress of Amy Fowler from Big Bang Theory? I think it could fit the kind of ambigious gender voicing.

:xykon: I don't know why, but I always have a kind of weird-higher-pitched male voice in mind when I read his speech bubbles. Something that just oozes insanity, but in a calm and focused kind of way.
Somehow, I suddenly had King Bumi from The Last Airbender stuck in my head and couldn't get it out again.

:thog: This one requires an image:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7e/Patrick_Star.png

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-11-28, 07:30 AM
I'm a go, get drunk and and forget this thread now, or I'll hear Thog like that for the rest of my life.

Zwiebelchen
2015-12-02, 08:39 AM
I'm a go, get drunk and and forget this thread now, or I'll hear Thog like that for the rest of my life.
On the bright side, Thog probably won't appear in the comic ever again. ;)

lenon3579
2015-12-02, 08:57 AM
:belkar: Peter Dinklage with a higher-pitched voice.

Syldar
2015-12-02, 09:02 AM
:durkon: Obviously voiced by Gimli.
:nale: The exact same guy who voices Elan.

Alias
2015-12-02, 11:39 AM
:vaarsuvius: Ben Stein.

Lvl 2 Expert
2015-12-02, 12:44 PM
I'm trying to think of who I'd pick for Roy, but I'm kind of stuck. He's mostly the straight guy, so that would mean someone generic, not Keanu Reeves generic, but definitely at the level of Denzel Washington. But he also needs some frustration in there, so add a pinch of Nicholas Cage (just a pinch, careful) or Jack Nicholson. And then he needs some badass. Samuel L Jackson is always a good voice for that. Or maybe Jason Statham.

I have no idea who that makes when mixed altogether though. Maybe one of the Bond actors? Sean Connery if he left his accent in his other pants? Or maybe just go back to the base template of Denzel Washington.

I'm also trying to come up with which part Johnny Depp would play. I'm thinking all three of the fiends.

lenon3579
2015-12-02, 01:09 PM
Johnny Depp could do a great job with V's ambiguous gender.

Finagle
2015-12-02, 03:55 PM
We've already had this thread several times, just search the forum. I think Jackie Mason is a perfect fit for the Oracle, and all of Elan's songs sound like Brave Sir Robin. Otherwise I don't hear voices, and I think a lot of other people don't, either.

zoofroot
2015-12-02, 07:43 PM
Belkar: Aziz Ansari

Zwiebelchen
2015-12-14, 10:28 AM
Belkar: Aziz Ansari
That is totally weird. Do you really hear his voice when you read Belkar's lines? :D