PDA

View Full Version : Build challenge

Nosta
2015-11-24, 06:07 PM
I just started watching fate/stay unlimited blade works and i was wondering if any one has a way to make archer from the show. I want to see a gestal build lv 20 high tier game

Draken
2015-11-24, 06:15 PM
Nothing supernatural there. Just a large number of skills and mundane combat abilities.

So... I guess pure Rogue//Fighter? Not even particularly high level for the desired outcome, really. Good stats all around (even intelligence and wisdom, in spite of whatever might be claimed). Maybe sprinkle a little bit of monk in on the rogue side for the martial arts and non-irrelevant armor class while in simple clothing.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-11-24, 06:20 PM
So... I guess pure Rogue//Fighter? Not even particularly high level for the desired outcome, really. Good stats all around (even intelligence and wisdom, in spite of whatever might be claimed). Maybe sprinkle a little bit of monk in on the rogue side for the martial arts and non-irrelevant armor class while in simple clothing.
Pfff. Factotum//Warblade does the same thing but a thousand times more stylishly-- you'd be hard put to come up with a more "bad*** normal" build than that. Feel free to mix in some Monk (with Kung-Fu Genius, naturally) on the Factotum side after level 8.

Nosta
2015-11-24, 06:26 PM
What do people think of artificer & duskblade with couple level of fighters

Draken
2015-11-24, 06:28 PM
Pfff. Factotum//Warblade does the same thing but a thousand times more stylishly-- you'd be hard put to come up with a more "bad*** normal" build than that. Feel free to mix in some Monk (with Kung-Fu Genius, naturally) on the Factotum side after level 8.

While I did say that intelligence shouldn't be wholly disregarded, Factotum is much too intelligence centric for my tastes in this specific scenario, and also significantly magical, so that deviates from the proposed example by a lot. No arguments against Warblade, however.

What do people think of artificer & duskblade with couple level of fighters

And for something completely different.

It is a sound build? Nothing particularly special, really. Both very good classes at what they present themselves to do. Kill things, and change the world completely, to boot. Easily complementary, should be able to interact with any campaign in many interesting and DM-infuriating ways.