PDA

View Full Version : Relatives in the Playground

PaladinFreak
2007-06-04, 07:28 AM
I think the title is pretty self explanatory. If you have relatives in the playground, post here and tell us. I don't care if you tell us who they are or not.

I have a Sister in the Playground, but not telling who. You're welcome to guess if you want.

SMEE
2007-06-04, 07:38 AM
I have a brother in the Playground. :smallsmile:
Many people shall have a clue on who he is. :smallsmile:

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-04, 08:03 AM
I have a relative here. :smallcool:

Morty
2007-06-04, 08:23 AM
I've a Brother in The Playground.:smallwink:

PaladinFreak
2007-06-04, 08:27 AM
I'll give you a couple of hints. My sister is a Forum Friendly, and posts way more than I do.

Bookman
2007-06-04, 08:29 AM
I'll give you a couple of hints. My sister is a Forum Friendly, and posts way more than I do.

Cassie? HMmmmmm I know yoou're not Ego's brother.......

Also I don't have anyone related to me.....and I think it's for the best cause otherwise it'd be too weird for my tastes

Castaras
2007-06-04, 08:38 AM
Nah...my brother lurks and signed up in January 07 I think...maybe Feb...

As I'm sure many of you know, my mum, dad and brother are here. Some of you know who they are, some don't.

Some may even have guessed. :smalltongue:

LCR
2007-06-04, 08:49 AM
Probably two big pies and a muffin.

Castaras
2007-06-04, 01:31 PM
Probably two big pies and a muffin.

:smallbiggrin:

That made my day.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-06-05, 03:34 AM
My little sister lurks now and then and reads OotS almost as zealously as I do. But I'll be damned if I knew her screen name.:smallredface:

Logic
2007-06-05, 04:39 AM
I have a brother in the playground, and at one point we had animated avatars depicting ourselves eradicating the other.

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-05, 04:41 AM
I have a brother in the playground, and at one point we had animated avatars depicting ourselves eradicating the other.Doesn't your brother's avatar still do that?

Jewish Joke, right?

Logic
2007-06-05, 05:44 AM
Doesn't your brother's avatar still do that?

Jewish Joke, right?

I though he had changed his avatar. But perhaps I am wrong.

EmeraldRose
2007-06-05, 06:59 AM
I have a Husband in the Playground :smallbiggrin:

As well as two brothers in the playground, though they don't post very much...

Dragonrider
2007-06-05, 08:10 AM
I have a little brother. A MOST obnoxious little brother. :smallannoyed:

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-05, 10:57 AM
I have a brother in the playground who reads OOTS, but no forum account....so no names shall be given..........

Penguinsushi
2007-06-05, 11:39 AM
I have no close relatives (that I know of) on the boards - though I do have quite a few real-life friends here that are nearly family...

~PS

ufo
2007-06-05, 12:03 PM
I'm so paranoid I sometimes suspect some of the people here being people I know's alter-egos.

Azrael
2007-06-05, 12:11 PM
I'm so paranoid I sometimes suspect some of the people here being people I know's alter-egos.

You're not paranoid, you're just correct.

:smallamused:

Shadow
2007-06-05, 12:17 PM
One of my best friends is hiding in te Playground somewhere, but he doesn't hang out in the forums that I do.
Those are a little too time consuming for his tastes....
And mine, now that I think about it....

ufo
2007-06-05, 12:28 PM
You're not paranoid, you're just correct.

:smallamused:

If your location wasn't Boston, I would be very confused now.

Don't play games with me, fool! I tire of your mind games! Time for KNIFE FIGHT!

Castaras
2007-06-05, 12:33 PM

Don't play games with me, fool! I tire of your mind games! Time for KNIFE FIGHT!

Unless he just put that location to fool you...:smallamused: :smallwink:

ufo
2007-06-05, 12:44 PM
Unless he just put that location to fool you...:smallamused: :smallwink:

This is a conspiracy, isn't it? You guys planned this, right? So... confused.. cannot think clearly.

Must jump

See ya'll in hell!

MrEdwardNigma
2007-06-05, 01:23 PM
No relatives in the playground I have... Wait, that was a bit Yoda'esk, wasn't it?
Anyways, I've only got a real life pal in the playground, but he only hangs in SMBG.

Eldpollard
2007-06-05, 01:37 PM
I have no relatives or real life friends who frequent the forums. Some of my friends do read oots though.

Jewish_Joke
2007-06-05, 04:23 PM
Yep, Logic and I are brothers, and most people around here are well aware of our eternal enmity.

We are constantly at war with each other, and I have on more than one occasion asked Alarra for permission to flame my brother. It never works, so we are forced to fight via extravagant avatars depicting each other's demise.

Eldritch Knight
2007-06-05, 05:33 PM
Let's see.

We have me, the intelligent and cunning type with an overdeveloped sense of paranoia.

We have Xylric, my intellectually inferior twin brother with delusions of grandeur.

We have Korith. A Megalomanical Mastermind type, who is quite effective at inducing my mind to explode, and the reintegrate just so that it can implode.

Fortunatly, I only have the two brothers here.. .Makes me glad we don't have any little sisters.... We'd be screwed.

averagejoe
2007-06-05, 05:46 PM

I'm so paranoid that I sometimes suspect some of the people here being my own alter-egos. :smalleek:

Dragonrider
2007-06-05, 05:47 PM
Hee hee....

It just occurred to me that I also have a cousin who's a forum lurker. Plus another brother, another cousin, and an uncle who read OOTS, and who could sign up at any time.

Lord save me!

I told my brother (the one who does definitely have an account) last night that he was NOT allowed to mention me in connection with him. I'd rather keep it simple. :smallbiggrin:

Rama_Lei
2007-06-05, 05:50 PM
I have an identical twin who says the exact same things and thinks the same things as well. And we both use this account. And you'll never if I (or we) are lying....

Icewalker
2007-06-05, 07:36 PM
My brother reads OOTS, but isn't on the forums.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-06-05, 08:09 PM

I get the reference. YOU WIN!:smallbiggrin:

Midnight Son
2007-06-05, 09:02 PM
I have a cousin who recently started lurking and I have turned several relatives on to the comic, but I don't think they've even glanced at the forums.

Lord Magtok
2007-06-05, 09:32 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion one of the AMENites is someone I know in RL, who's waiting for the right moment to reveal themselves and make me feel like a fool for not suspecting them.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-05, 09:37 PM
I have a sneaking suspicion one of the AMENites is someone I know in RL, who's waiting for the right moment to reveal themselves and make me feel like a fool for not suspecting them.

Magtok...
I AM YOUR FATHER.

EmeraldRose
2007-06-05, 09:40 PM
Magtok...
I AM YOUR FATHER.

*giggles*

Someone was gonna make that joke sooner or later...:smallamused:

SDF
2007-06-05, 10:04 PM
But the line is, "No, I am your father." Everyone always gets that wrong. I very much doubt my little brother comes here, but if he did... man that would be weird.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-05, 10:06 PM
Feh. No one cares about the "No" part.

Mr_Saturn
2007-06-05, 10:28 PM
Apparently SDF does, haha.

And im single in the playground. =o

:smallwink:

Lykan
2007-06-05, 10:45 PM
No family in the playground.

I hope it stays that way. :smalltongue:

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-05, 10:59 PM
Apparently SDF does, haha.

And im single in the playground. =o

Well Mr_Saturn, after all you've done for me, I suppose the least I could do is set you up with-

Oh wait a minute, you mean no family in the Playground, right?

Silly me.

Ego Slayer
2007-06-05, 11:05 PM
I have a Brother in the Playground, but he lurks a lot, and I'm not telling you who he his.:smalltongue:

Skippy
2007-06-06, 12:34 AM
Well, I actually got to know the Playground because of my brother, but I guess he's not here... Or he is only lurking, so perhaps I'll never know if I've got a Brother in the Playground or not...

Dragonrider
2007-06-06, 03:32 AM
Yeah, my little brother was the one who got me onto it as well. And it's probably a good thing he's around here because it reminds me to watch what I say. :smallwink:
Little brother as big brother.....
Now he's always complaining that I'm "hooked". He's probably right. He hangs out in the comics section anyway so we don't bump into each other too much.
I've forbidden him from revealing our relationship. it would just get annoying, this is my place to ESCAPE from him! :smallwink:
Aaa, we get along well. Usually.

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-06, 03:41 AM
My gamer spawn started reading OotS at the same time I did, but didn't register for the forums until just recently as a result of me talking about the SMBG. She alluded to our relationship in her post on the New Members thread, but the thread rolled over to a new page before any regular members came by to notice what she'd put.

B-Man
2007-06-06, 06:00 AM
I think that my step-father-to-be is a member of the forums. I just don't know who he is.

Mr_Saturn
2007-06-06, 09:54 AM
Well Mr_Saturn, after all you've done for me, I suppose the least I could do is set you up with-

--With yourself? Ahh, so you've been asking me to draw you all those avatars just to get close to me?

faerwain
2007-06-06, 02:04 PM
I have a wife in the playground, but I'm not allowed to reveal it's Ms_......

Mr_Saturn
2007-06-06, 02:13 PM
Ms_Elaneous!!111!11eleven!!11!

:smalleek: *gasp*

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-06, 05:50 PM
--With yourself? Ahh, so you've been asking me to draw you all those avatars just to get close to me?

Nope. Sorry to disappoint you Mr_Saturn. You're still really awesome though. :smallbiggrin:

Logic
2007-06-06, 07:01 PM
I have a Brother in the Playground, but he lurks a lot, and I'm not telling you who he his.:smalltongue:

I know who he is. No, I won't give up your secret.

Mr_Saturn
2007-06-06, 07:09 PM
Reveal, reveal, reveal the secret identity of ego's brother!

@ Vespe: If its not you, then who? :smalleek:

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-06-06, 07:34 PM
I have an identical twin who says the exact same things and thinks the same things as well. And we both use this account. And you'll never if I (or we) are lying....
Crud, I was gonna do just that but you beat me to it...

Penguinsushi
2007-06-06, 07:38 PM

Crud, I was gonna do just that but you beat me to it...

Dissociative Identities don't count guys...

~PS

Ego Slayer
2007-06-06, 07:43 PM
I know who he is. No, I won't give up your secret.
Yeah, a bunch of people do.
I've decided I'm not going to give out info of that sort anymore.:smalltongue:

Midnight Son
2007-06-06, 08:10 PM
Had to be done (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0s5Kn9QXtU)

Skippy
2007-06-06, 08:52 PM
That was really, really funny. It made me draw the family tree...

PaladinFreak
2007-06-06, 09:54 PM
I introduced all of my siblings to OotS, but only my sister is on the forums. I also introduced my cousin, and she lurks. My uncle has been reading OotS for I don't know how long.

I have a something of a gamer family.:smallcool:

Mr_Saturn
2007-06-06, 09:56 PM
MY older brother reads OotS, but he and my other brothers aren't forum-nerds. Although maybe my oldest brother...but he goes on the anime/otaku forums i guess.

But we all are gamers.

Syka
2007-06-06, 11:03 PM
I used to have a Boyfriend in the Playground, but if he is on here anymore than I have yet to run in to him. I know my sister reads OotS, but I don't think she's a forumite.

Probably for the best that I don't really know anyone from real life here. ;)

Cheers,
Syka

Glaivemaster
2007-06-07, 04:08 AM
My Older brother said that he might join sometime, since he's heard good things about the forums. I'll have no idea when he does though, and I don't think he's on here yet

Missing Shoe
2007-06-07, 07:51 AM
I know a handful of people who read OOTS but only one of them has a forum account, and I have no idea what his name is.

I find it better that way. I spend enough time with them as it is. The forum is a good chance to hear some others peoples views.

...And it would just be creepy having your parents in the playground.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-07, 07:56 AM
@ Vespe: If its not you, then who? :smalleek:

It's probably better if you don't know. :smallwink:

Anyway, I don't have any family in the Playground, and I probably never will (none of my family is a gamer by any stretch of the imagination) but one of my friends is here, under the name Tostada. But, he hardly ever posts, or even lurks. World of Warcraft, you know.

phantomhermit
2007-06-10, 09:03 AM
I have no close relatives (that I know of) on the boards - though I do have quite a few real-life friends here that are nearly family...

~PS

i am with penguinsushi on that one.

Dunadan
2007-06-14, 05:52 PM
I have a cousin who recently started lurking and I have turned several relatives on to the comic, but I don't think they've even glanced at the forums.

Two cousins, actually.

Midnight Son
2007-06-14, 08:24 PM
Two cousins, actually.Hello Cuz. Now to figure out which cuz is which. Of course, I still don't know the other's user name yet.

I bet I could guess the first letter of your name correctly, though.:smallcool:

Dunadan
2007-06-14, 09:46 PM
Hello Cuz. Now to figure out which cuz is which. Of course, I still don't know the other's user name yet.

I bet I could guess the first letter of your name correctly, though.:smallcool:

Yeah, those odds are *slightly* in your favor. Let's see: are my initials DR, or are they DR?

EmeraldRose
2007-06-14, 09:47 PM
OOO! I want to guess!! Are they DR?? :smallbiggrin:

Midnight Son
2007-06-14, 10:12 PM
Yeah, those odds are *slightly* in your favor. Let's see: are my initials DR, or are they DR?I believe you'd be DR major. Still don't know DR minor's user name, though. Tell him to start posting.

Dunadan
2007-06-14, 10:26 PM
OOO! I want to guess!! Are they DR?? :smallbiggrin:

I'm sorry, but you guessed wrong. They're DR. :smallwink:

EmeraldRose
2007-06-14, 10:27 PM
*hangs head in shame and kicks dust*

Skippy
2007-06-14, 10:33 PM
For a second I thought my brother had entered the forums, and then the thought ran away, since there was no response...

stryker
2007-06-15, 12:23 PM

It's not lurking, it's called espionage

Midnight Son
2007-06-15, 01:06 PM
It's not lurking, it's called espionageI see. And to who are you going to sell all this useful information you're gleaning here?

stryker
2007-06-15, 03:09 PM
I see. And to who are you going to sell all this useful information you're gleaning here?

I was thinking the Mafia, they always pay me well

Midnight Son
2007-06-15, 03:53 PM
I was thinking the Mafia, they always pay me wellSee, the thing about espionage is that, as soon as your target realizes they've got a spy in their midst, they start a misinformation campaign. Then you give your contacts bad info and they fit you with a pair of cement shoes.

Though, personally, I always thought that lacked imagination. High altitude weather balloons are where it's at.

stryker
2007-06-15, 04:02 PM
I already have enough information to make a small fortune, and also it's more fun to put them in a barrel and send 'em over a waterfall

Midnight Son
2007-06-15, 04:09 PM
But there's always a chance of survival with that method. I did like Robert Jordan's method as well. Immobilize them. Then get a funnel and a lot of rum.

BanjoTheClown
2007-06-15, 04:13 PM
I Have a Twin Brother but im pretty sure hes not in the Playground.

Belethorien
2007-06-16, 09:25 PM
I have a relative in the Playground! He's a grandpa too! :smalltongue: Any guesses?

Logic
2007-06-16, 09:31 PM
I have a relative in the Playground! He's a grandpa too! :smalltongue: Any guesses?

Well, the only person to admit to being a grandpa in the playground is Zeb.

But I am sure plenty don't want to fess up about it, so there could be plenty.

Zeb The Troll
2007-06-16, 09:38 PM
Indeed, it's me. I honestly don't think there are that many that are in a position to be grandparents. I'm on the upper end of the age scale of regular posters and I started really young. (I'm 35, she's 18. We both have August AFONALs*.)

*Annual Flaunting Of Numbers And Lewts for those not up on the new lingo sponsored in the birthdays thread.

darkblade
2007-06-21, 01:15 PM
I have a sister in the playground and some people in the Town boards know who she is.

PirateMonk
2007-06-22, 06:46 PM
I have a relative in the playground. Hardly ever posts. Not saying who or how (s)he's related to me, though. Actually, Magtok might be able to figure out who, depending on several factors.

Had to be done (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0s5Kn9QXtU)

...You know, Zeus's method is SO much less complicated...

Aramil Liadon
2007-06-23, 10:11 PM
None, I hope. That would just be creepy. Or something. Because... it would.

J_Muller
2007-06-23, 10:26 PM
I know who Darkblade's sister is, but then again it's not exactly a secret.

As for me, I have a younger brother who comes on occaisonally.

Insert Name Here
2007-06-25, 08:17 AM
Hmm... Most of the people I know closely read oots (except mom, who keeps fairly updated through me). However, none of them are in the playground. Although, say, if my godfather (I'm pretty sure he's the avatar of, if not simply, sarcasm itself.) were to point out he was on the forums (he'd know who I was if he read this, I think), I'd have to go to the mods to request this account for termination :smalleek:.

Em Blackleaf
2007-07-08, 06:25 PM
My little sister lurks now and then and reads OotS almost as zealously as I do. But I'll be damned if I knew her screen name.:smallredface:

How dare you curse!

Krimm is my Brother, who introduced me to GitP.

Bardic Bunny
2007-07-14, 04:10 PM

~PS

He does now!-- I have been formerly known as "Mrs. Sushi." Together we've been called "The Bunguin." Odd, but true!

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-14, 04:32 PM
He does now!-- I have been formerly known as "Mrs. Sushi." Together we've been called "The Bunguin." Odd, but true!Mrs. Sushi! So glad you decided to see you here. Maybe see you in Hippie's Camp?

EmeraldRose
2007-07-14, 05:05 PM
Well, I think my brothers are going to be posting again.

I also found out I have a niece who's been lurking, but doesn't have a login yet. (I'll have to work on her...:smallamused: )

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-14, 05:12 PM
After reading this thread...
I feel so lonely in the playground :smalleek:

Rawhide
2007-07-14, 05:14 PM
After reading this thread...
I feel so lonely in the playground :smalleek:

Join with me, I am the only person I know in real life who peruses these forums.

Skippy
2007-07-15, 12:09 PM
Me too, I tried introducing a few friends but none of them seemed to be convinced... And then I realized it was a bad idea if someone read some certain posts I've written here...

Castaras
2007-07-15, 12:22 PM
All my RL friends at school see me browsing the forums when I'm "supposed" to be working.

"Yes miss, of course I'm working miss, that 'Giant in the Playground' thing in the start bar is part of the work, even though you told us to go on only one website..."

But anyway, I go on them alot, and the one person who's shown interest doesn't like computers. And everyone else just assumes its some weird, geeky thing that they won't be able to get, and would mean that their "coolness" rating would go down if they "lowered themselves" to go on.

...They don't know what they're missing. :smalltongue:

So I'm doomed to have only my family that I introduce to the forums. :smallsigh: :smallamused:

CurlyKitGirl
2007-07-15, 03:59 PM
All my RL friends at school see me browsing the forums when I'm "supposed" to be working.

"Yes miss, of course I'm working miss, that 'Giant in the Playground' thing in the start bar is part of the work, even though you told us to go on only one website..."

But anyway, I go on them alot, and the one person who's shown interest doesn't like computers. And everyone else just assumes its some weird, geeky thing that they won't be able to get, and would mean that their "coolness" rating would go down if they "lowered themselves" to go on.

...They don't know what they're missing. :smalltongue:

So I'm doomed to have only my family that I introduce to the forums. :smallsigh: :smallamused:

I'm the exact opposite. None of my family is on the forum, but I have one definite RL friend here. Hope she doesn't mind as she hasn't posted yet but, harlequin-vamp is my RL friend in the playground. I might have a few others as well. Including the one who introduced me in the first place.

Hoggy
2007-07-15, 04:05 PM
I'ma all alone. No family, no friends. Apart from those I've made, I hope.

Exachix
2007-07-15, 04:52 PM
Heh.

My freinds all think I'm weird.
and I'll be damned if my family gets on.

I did try to get one freind interested, but he said he'd get lost...

didn't stop me. =).

But I know lots of people IRL that are on this forum!..
...all the people that came to the meetup... does that count.

Wait... Alot of my freinds are on the forum... We're all freinds! Horray! =P.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-07-15, 05:09 PM
So I see there are a lot of lonely ppl here. Let's make an "alone in the playground" team! We're so hopeless

Sisqui
2007-07-15, 05:57 PM
I have a husband in the playground. But, alas, he is a lurker. I think he has something like 2 posts in the last year. But he reads the forums a lot.......

Bardic Bunny
2007-07-15, 07:33 PM
Mrs. Sushi! So glad you decided to see you here. Maybe see you in Hippie's Camp?

Thank you Zeb, its good to 'see' you too. I figured that since I'd been to a GitP meet-up that it'd make more sense for me to actually be in the forum...so here I am!

See me in Hippie's camp?...wha? don't follow ya, sorry! :smallconfused:

EmeraldRose
2007-07-15, 07:37 PM
I have a husband in the playground. But, alas, he is a lurker. I think he has something like 2 posts in the last year. But he reads the forums a lot.......

My husband-itp was a lurker, but I got him addicted to WW games in SMBGs, and now he's online all the time! :smallamused: :smallbiggrin:

You should try it! :smallwink:

Sisqui
2007-07-16, 06:41 PM
My husband-itp was a lurker, but I got him addicted to WW games in SMBGs, and now he's online all the time! :smallamused: :smallbiggrin:

You should try it! :smallwink:

I try to get him in on some of the good debates we get going in here, but he says he has to listen to me say stuff like that in RL. Besides, according to him, I've already said what he'd say, so why should he bother? Oh, well.....

KoDT69
2007-07-16, 07:26 PM
I don't have any relatives here. I tried to get my wife and stepson into it but neither one was really interested :smallconfused:

I do have a question though to all of you posting that are saying "I have a relative but I'm not telling who", what is the point in that? I thought the point of thi thread would be to share exactly that type of info.

*Waits anxiously for someone to quote the opening post where the OP says it don't matter if you tell...* :smallsigh:

ForzaFiori
2007-07-16, 07:59 PM
i have a lurker sister itp. she registered but hasn't posted yet. though she reads oots.

vanson2feet
2007-12-20, 08:42 PM
im the son of paladinfreak's dads best friend in highschool, there still best friends and im visiting them right now, they got me started on ots and the forums:smallsmile:

Mr_Saturn
2007-12-20, 08:50 PM
Holy Cow Batman! Thread necromancy!

But it's more acceptable since you're so randomly related to paladinfreak. But still! :smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2007-12-20, 10:33 PM
This thread makes me feel alone. ;(