PDA

View Full Version : Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide pdf

Sigmar1
2015-11-24, 08:07 PM
Is there any way i can get it in pdf? I want to buy the book but i want to read and see if it worth it first. I saw many people saying that it is really bad but i want to see it for my self.

so is there a pdf version of the book?

*if this thread is against the rules of the forum please delete it*

thanks

SharkForce
2015-11-24, 08:34 PM
there is no (legally available) pdf at this time. all signs point towards there not being (legal) pdfs of any 5th edition books in the near future, though that is of course entirely in WotC's hands.

Sigmar1
2015-11-24, 09:38 PM
there is no (legally available) pdf at this time. all signs point towards there not being (legal) pdfs of any 5th edition books in the near future, though that is of course entirely in WotC's hands.

so there is no way to find out about the subclasses :/

Kane0
2015-11-24, 09:39 PM
We can't give you specifics but what would you like to know?

tsotate
2015-11-24, 09:41 PM
Which is fairly stupid of WotC, since people who are inclined to do so would have paid them for the (legal) pdf, and are instead not paying them for the (illegal) pdf.

For the SCAG in particular, the screenshots leaked before release have all the actual content anyway.

Sigmar1
2015-11-24, 09:55 PM
We can't give you specifics but what would you like to know?

well i want to know many things but the most important is if there is any other option other than Fighter and Ranger bow user. (i dont care about bard or rogue just i want to decide between those two)

and if there any new feature for races so they can be archers like +2 Dex of the Wood Elves

Kane0
2015-11-24, 10:03 PM
There is the variant tiefling that gets +2 dex instead of cha, and variant half elves can trade a skill for elven weapon proficiencies (including bows).

But no new ranger or druid types. Fighters get the purple dragon knight which allows him to share bit of his abilities like action surge granting allies an attack.

steppedonad4
2015-11-24, 10:03 PM
well i want to know many things but the most important is if there is any other option other than Fighter and Ranger bow user. (i dont care about bard or rogue just i want to decide between those two)

and if there any new feature for races so they can be archers like +2 Dex of the Wood Elves

Tieflings can swap their features to get +2 Dex, +1 Int. Ghostwise halflings get +2 Dex, +1 Wisdom.

Sigmar1
2015-11-27, 08:04 PM
Tieflings can swap their features to get +2 Dex, +1 Int. Ghostwise halflings get +2 Dex, +1 Wisdom.

their features you mean nightvision,hellish resit and infernal legacy? thats a pity...so wood elves are still the best non human race right?

zingbobco000
2015-11-27, 09:00 PM
their features you mean nightvision,hellish resit and infernal legacy? thats a pity...so wood elves are still the best non human race right?

I disagree, half-elf is clearly the victor in almost all cases, a +2 to CHA and 2 +1 floating stats. You can also trade the proficiency for really any of the elven features so in the end half-elf really does combine the best of both races.

DracoKnight
2015-11-27, 09:05 PM

They swap their Ability Score Increase trait for a trait called Feral, which is a +2 Dex, +1 Int. They still get everything else they normally would - and they get 2 alternate racial spell lists and a winged option.

numerek
2015-11-28, 03:14 PM
some of the archtypes were in the unearthed arcana pdfs.