PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find particular mage-slaying class

Xarteros
2015-11-25, 12:49 AM
Hey everyone! Ages ago I remember finding a PrC somewhere that was themed around mage-slaying and was very particular because it specifically prohibited you from using magic weapons, and possibly any magic equipment.

I'm quite sure it wasn't homebrew, but I could be wrong, and I'm trying to find it again out of curiosity but to no avail.

I'm not looking for alternate power-builds to hunt and kill mages, I'm just looking for this as a nice fit to a theme. Any direction to finding this class again would be really helpful

Kraken
2015-11-25, 01:12 AM
Is it forsaker, from Master of the Wild? Or perhaps the feat vow of poverty from Book of Exalted Deeds? Regardless, you should also consider the witch slayer from Tome of Magic, occult slayer from Complete Warrior, favored enemy (arcanist) from Complete Arcane combined with the nemesis feat from Book of Exalted Deeds.

Vhaidara
2015-11-25, 08:28 AM
Forskaer, one of the worst PrC ever made. Because guess what? Unless you have racial flight, you lost to any level 5 wizard with a crossbow.

illazrion
2015-11-25, 09:28 AM
There's the Mage-killer in Magic of Faerun, though they're not particularly good at killing anything. You can put together a pretty good mage slayer with the counterspelling line of feats, the false theurgy skill trick, and craft contingent spell.