PDA

View Full Version : Kingmaker: Stolen Lands IC

Pages : [1] 2

TheFamilarRaven
2015-11-25, 02:01 AM
It was early autumn when the travelers met along the road west of the city, Restov. They were an unusual bunch to be sure; but the fact that anyone met at all would have been strange. The southern lands of Brevoy, (also known known as Rostland), were not frequently traveled, as there was not but wilderness between Brevoy and the River Kingdoms.

But these travelers each had a special purpose for marching into the wilds; some were drawn by the thrill of adventure, others by the promise of coin and power, some to escape their past, and a few felt a mysterious pull towards the vast wilderness of the Grennbelt. But they all bore a charter bearing the seal of the regent lord, Roleski Surtova, claiming that these travelers were to explore the lands known as the Greenbelt.

They all had one destination in mind; Oleg's Trading Post. An old fort that over the last few months was converted to a trade outpost by one Oleg Leveton. The day before they finally reached Oleg's it had rained, which muddied the boots of the wanderers. They arrived at the outpost in the late afternoon. There was no sunset, as the sky was blanketed by grey clouds, and the evening chill began to seep into the travelers' bones.

The wooden palisades of the fort had seen better days, but it looked like work had been recently done to improve the failing defenses. Four watch towers stood on each corner of the wall, with an old catapult mounted atop each one. Only one entrance was available to enter, and so the travelers strode into the trading post.

The travelers entered through the large wooden gate, which was left ajar. A loud, rusty groan from the old iron hinges resounded throughout the complex, which was simply three modest cabins and a stable. An empty wagon sat abandoned in the cobblestone yard, just a few paces shy of two oaken benches and a healthy fire pit.

Moments after they passed through the trading post's door, a women's voice could be heard cheerfully calling out from the window of the squat building near the corner of the fort.

"Oh my, they must be here! The door of the lodge swung open, and the woman, middle-aged and modestly dressed, flew towards the wanderers excitedly. "Come, come! We got word that Restov was sending us aid, why it's about -" She paused, finally seeing her exotic guests. She eyed the kobold first, then brought her gaze to fiery ifrit, clearly bewildered by the strange folks who had just come in. After a brief moment she reagined her composure and smile.

"My apologies." She began with a curtsy I had believed your to be the reinforcements from Brevoy. But please!" She motioned warmly to the two sturdy tables that were standing right besides her. "Sit, and make yourselves comfortable, I'll go get some warm stew and bread for you." She turned around and headed back into the building.

Above and to the right of the travelers came the pounding of a hammer and muttered curses. Someone was on the roof, perhaps the man who had repaired the palisades. Soon it stopped, and and a heavy grunt, followed by a gruff looking man.

"Hmph, if your not the patrol, then you must be the adventurers we got word about. Gods damn the higher ups in Restov, can't even spare one patrol!" He had a stern voice that match his face and posture.

Soon after the woman came back with a bustling tray and stet it on the table Oleg! Be nice! These are our guests." she scolded. Don't mind my husband, Oleg. Please, eat and drink, I have a nice bottle of wine for you. She smiled and curtsied to her guests. Oh me, I forgot my manners! I'm Svetlana, and I run this little place with husband here. What brings you travelers our way?"

http://www.lby3.com/dnd/images/5/5e/Oleg's_Trading_Post.jpg

A1. Market Yard

A2. Guesthouse

A3. Stable

A4. Storage Pen

A5. Middens

A6. Main Hall

A7. Dining Room

A8. Office

A9. Stockroom

A10. Storeroom

A11. Bedroom

csmeek
2015-11-25, 02:16 AM
Hmm, seems friendly enough. Might as well introduce myself."My thanks Svetlana! My name is Selna and I have received word that this land was ripe for exploration, and having nothing better to do, well, here I am. I met these fellows on the way and if they would so kindly introduce themselves...?"

So should I describe her thoughts too? Just wondering, like I said in ooc, never done this before.

(Un)Inspired
2015-11-25, 02:22 AM
Howl leans his head through the gate cautiously and receives the mixed welcoming from the odd couple with a small lopsided grin.

He bows politely to both that man and the woman and extends his hand while introducing himself.

Oleg, Svetlana, it's a pleasure to meet both of you. We are the adventurers that you hear about and we're here to explore the area. My name's Howl.

Is there some problem that you were hoping a patrol from Brevoy could help with? I'm afraid we're not yet very familair with whatever is going on here in the Greenbelt

[roll0]

Athaleon
2015-11-25, 02:36 AM
The next companion gave a beaming smile and a small bow as he introduced himself. "Theodoric Tyrol, at your service." The performance was nice enough but smacked vaguely of a merchant's rehearsed charm. To Howl's question, Theo added, "You can tell we're not military men, but we wouldn't be out here if we didn't know how to use these," as he motioned to everyone's weapons.

Aid Another on Howl's Diplomacy check:

[roll0]

Recherché
2015-11-25, 03:22 AM
This close the thrumming is no longer just in the back of her mind. The poisoned honey call feels so loud that it should almost be audible. How can these people not hear it? It turns into a wave that reverberates through her body and drowns out any other possible thoughts that she could listen too.

Which is a shame because I would dearly like to know if these people are trustworthy or disguised bandits Sasaki thinks to herself as she listens to the others begin speaking Still twould be rude to read strangers who don't know that I could let alone have given their consent. And I have been leaning on it too much as a crutch.

"You can tell we're not military men, but we wouldn't be out here if we didn't know how to use these," as he motioned to everyone's weapons.

Sasaki snorts lightly as she looks at her own lack of weapons. While the blue woman does wear armor the only thing that even resembles a weapon is a small utility knife at her hip.

My name is Sasaki and I suppose I'm an explorer of a kind. What can you tell me of the surrounding area and its current troubles, Svetlana?

As Sasaki speaks she undoes the clasp on her bag without touching it and floats her journal and writing utensils out into waiting hands. In truth it would probably be easier to simply grab the things from the backpack, but perhaps this will serve as a warning to all witnesses of what it is that Sasaki is and does.

Using Mage Hand for telekinesis. Sasaki doesn't have any verbal, somatic or material components for casting the spell but she does need to gesture with her hands to direct how things move about.

1Freakinninja
2015-11-25, 10:33 AM
Delci stays in the back of the group, trying not to attract attention. Rango left her summoning later in the day saying that he wanted her to be more independent, delci muster up some courage and addresses the woman, admittably whilst holding the shovel hi.... I'm delci.... I um.... she quickly goes quiet as everyone else begins talking.

kopout
2015-11-25, 05:10 PM
"You can call me Darvan." Darvan says as he reaches out to shake Svetlana's hand " As my friends said we're a surveying expedition sent to map the Greenbelt."

TheFamilarRaven
2015-11-25, 06:11 PM
Oleg shook hands, more out of instinct than out of actual courtesy. But the words of the travelers had softened his demeanor a bit. But it quickly return to a stoic frown. "Explorers huh? What good'll explorers do for Restov if they won't even send men to protect what they already got?" Oleg said, with more than a hint of annoyance.

"Oleg, please." Svetlana began, then turned to Sasaki, a bit astonished at the display before her. "He's not his usual self. We've been having bandit troubles for months and the nobles in Restov have yet to send us aid."

[COLOR="#B22222"]"Because it ain't messin' up their fancy parties now, is it?" Oleg angrily interjected. It didn't seem to bother Svetlana though, as she continued speaking.

"If you insist, my lady." She responded to Sasaki's inquiry. "We do't venture too far south, we simply do trading with the many hunters in the area. As for troubles ..." As she started her sentence, her cheerful face became dark and solemn. ""As for troubles there are monster and ... bandits ..." Her mind seemed to trail off.

csmeek
2015-11-25, 06:28 PM
Hmm, Bandits eh? Looks we have some fun on the way. "That's a shame to hear about those troubles Svetlana, you mentioned not going south very often but would you happen to know which fruits are edible and whether the weather and such will be fine for fishing?"

1Freakinninja
2015-11-25, 07:14 PM
Delci shows a tinge of guilt, she tries to say something but holds her tongue again. they need help... we need to do something... right? delci looks about the group, hoping someone more confident will address the bandit issue

Recherché
2015-11-25, 10:43 PM
"If you insist, my lady." She responded to Sasaki's inquiry. "We do't venture too far south, we simply do trading with the many hunters in the area. As for troubles ..." As she started her sentence, her cheerful face became dark and solemn. ""As for troubles there are monster and ... bandits ..." Her mind seemed to trail off.

If you could tell us around where the bandits are and everything else you know about them perhaps we could take care of them while we're out exploring? Its not as though we have anywhere specific to go right now.

Athaleon
2015-11-25, 11:10 PM
"If we go exploring we're bound to run into the bandits sooner or later. Better to do it at a time and place of our choosing. And what's this about monsters?"

kopout
2015-11-25, 11:20 PM
"If we go exploring we're bound to run into the bandits sooner or later. Better to do it at a time and place of our choosing. And what's this about monsters?"

" Well, yes, preferably somewhere they are coming to us instead of the other way around."

(Un)Inspired
2015-11-26, 12:57 AM
If you could tell us around where the bandits are and everything else you know about them perhaps we could take care of them while we're out exploring? Its not as though we have anywhere specific to go right now.

Delci shows a tinge of guilt, she tries to say something but holds her tongue again. they need help... we need to do something... right? delci looks about the group, hoping someone more confident will address the bandit issue

The carefree grin of optimistic naivety appears on Howl face as he looks at his companions.

Like they said, if there's anything we can do to help we want to do it. Tell us more about these bandits.

TheFamilarRaven
2015-11-26, 02:29 AM
"...Help?" Svetlana says slowly at first, then finally realizing what she just heard. "Help! Oh yes, please!" The cheerful woman began to sob. Oleg sighed and embraced his wife to calm her down. Svetlana was sobbing in earnest now.

"You'll have to forgive her." Oleg spoke in a much softer tone than before. These last few months have not been good for us. He waited for his wize t ocalm down, gently stroking her head. He then turned towards his guests. "It all started three months ago, when this woman - demon bitch, more like, came to our door with twenty armed men." Oleg's face grew dark and angry. They came in, sneering and saying some" e paused. [COLOR="#B22222"]"Choice words about my dear Svetlana. I'd have fought them to the death if I'd not my wife's life to fear for!" Oleg gave a heavy sigh to calm himself.

"Far as I could tell, that bitch was leading them. I could tell she was a sharp as the hatchets she brandished. She even threatened to chop my legs off if we didn't give them what they wanted! And then she had to gall to take my wife's wedding ring! As payment for 'not shortening my reach'! Damn whore."

There was a brief moment of silence before Oleg continued. "They've been back two times since then, on the first of day each month, just before dawn. each time there have been less bandits, and that women;s not with them. She sends some oaf and a few of her men. Then Oleg's eyes met with the wanderers with a serious gaze. "Look, tomorrow morning is the day they'll be back. If I let some innocent travelers get caught up in our business, or worse, get hurt, I won't be able to live with that guilt."

(Un)Inspired
2015-11-26, 02:47 AM
If my companions don't mind me saying so, we're planning on staying in The Greenbelt for quite some time while we do some exploring. How could we successfully map out this area if we didn't have a trading post where we could exchange some of the treasure we find?

Besides we can't just turn our backs on people in need of a hand. We're not just innocent travelers, we're adventurers!

1Freakinninja
2015-11-26, 09:37 AM
Smiling a toothy grin to herself, her shoulders relax and she heads to the table to eat the food offered to us, better than the stuff the crazy gnome gave the group, she reaches for some of the stew but stops, turning to the sobbing woman delci bows with respect thank you for the food miss delci then begins to dig in

TheFamilarRaven
2015-11-26, 02:03 PM
"I ... fine then, I suppose. Oleg resigned. "If you're really here to help, then thank you. I'd have not expected strangers to be so ready to stay and help. Please, eat and stay the night." Then a small grin broke Oleg's serious tone. "I won't even charge you for the night. An' if ya get rid of them for good ... Hells, stay here as long as you want!"

Then the trader resumed his gruff posture. "Like I said, they'll be here tomorrow, before sunrise. the first time they came there was over twenty, last time there was only ten. I suspect there will be less than that this time, they know they have us scared of them." Do whatever you'd like to get ready. I have to take of Svetlana here. Let me know if you'd need anything." With that, Oleg turned and guided Svetlana back to the lodge. He gave one final wave goodnight before entering the building.

csmeek
2015-11-26, 03:36 PM
"If they come through the front gate, I could take point and loan Darvan my bow, he doesn't seems suited for close combat... Delci, Sasaki and Howl will have to stay as far away as possible, though...I could scrounge up Sasaki a weapon and she already has armor. She could join me and Tyrol on point. Yes, that'll work! Tyrol, Sasaki and I near the gate, Darvan behind the wagon, and the others behind him." Selna then proceeds to describe her plan and then patiently waits for responses from the others.

1Freakinninja
2015-11-26, 04:02 PM
um... I could get rango.... he could keep them held back with you if you wanted.... oh! I could summon a snake real quick and have his venom for my blowgun... If that's alright

csmeek
2015-11-26, 04:21 PM
um... I could get rango.... he could keep them held back with you if you wanted.... oh! I could summon a snake real quick and have his venom for my blowgun... If that's alright
Why, Delci that'd help a lot if you wouldn't mind!

(Un)Inspired
2015-11-26, 04:50 PM
wait, Oleg, before you go to sleep; could you answer a few more questions about these bandits?

If we know more about them we might be able to set up a real ambush and take out their leader before they know what's happening.

Do they have horses or other animals with them when they show up? How can we quickly identify their leader if the woman you spoke of isn't with them?

If we were to trap them together in the courtyard, is there a way to rapidly close the gate?

Is the a safe place for you and Svetlana to hide when things get dangerous?

1Freakinninja
2015-11-26, 05:10 PM
Why, Delci that'd help a lot if you wouldn't mind!

Delci smiles, proud that she could be of assistance in some small way, she summons a celestial snake with her abilities and asks it to fill 5 of her darts with its venom, once it's done she sends it away, Delci begins the ceremony to summon rango, it takes 1 minute... she is somewhat hesitant due to rangos.... demenor...
Delci begins breathing deeply, little bits of celestial flame begins to pool around an area, for a brief moment, Delci appears more dragonic; suddenly a hand and sword emerges from the flames, you see a shiet eating grin emerge from the fireI'M BACK BIEOTCHES!!! rango becomes physical within a matter of seconds, branishing a massive great sword and a smug face. alright kiddies, what seems to be the problem?

(Summons per day down. To 5)

csmeek
2015-11-26, 05:17 PM
Selna hesitates before speaking, taken aback by Rango's summoning and demeanor. "Well Rango, we're going to ambush the bandits who are coming tonight to try and intimidate the people here, I would appreciate your assistqnce in the matter."

1d20+11

EDIT:Augh, typing scripts on mobile is irritating, this will be in the fricking dice rolling thread. (T_T)

1Freakinninja
2015-11-26, 05:49 PM
Selna hesitates before speaking, taken aback by Rango's summoning and demeanor. "Well Rango, we're going to ambush the bandits who are coming tonight to try and intimidate the people here, I would appreciate your assistqnce in the matter."

1d20+11

EDIT:Augh, typing scripts on mobile is irritating, this will be in the fricking dice rolling thread. (T_T)

Delci is blushing through her scales at her eidilons additude, rango stares Selina straight into her eyes, and puts one hand on her shoulder and says nothing for a good moment.... suddenly... without warning WE.... ARE GONNA.... ****.... THEIR SHIFT UP... Banditing is only OK when it's done by me... and with bad guys.... WE'RE GONNA BANDIT THE MOTHERFRICKIN BANDITS he then looks over to an open area and begins doing pushups to prepare for tomorrow , leaving Selina where she stands.... delci takes a deep sigh, mouths a silent apology, and goes back to her soup

Athaleon
2015-11-26, 06:02 PM
Theo looked on, not knowing what to make of the creature's antics. After a long, awkward pause, he spoke up again. "There'll be more bandits out there than the small group that comes around for the shakedown. Until all of them are killed or cowed, we will need to stay at this trading post or they'll burn it down while we're gone. And while we're here, we're not exploring. So we need to prevent them from escaping, and ideally we should take at least one of them alive to find out where the rest of them are. Then we'd best deal with the rest of the bandits before the group that comes here is missed. I'd like to have a good look at the gate, to see if it can be shut quickly after the bandits are lured inside. If it can't, we'd best have some horses ready."

TheFamilarRaven
"Each time they came with horses." Oleg started to explain to Howl. "They always seemed eager to get back too, so I think their camp may be just a day's ride away."

"The one who's always with the thugs is an ugly man in green. He's got a longbow an' he wears some strange silver necklace. The gate takes a good shove, but'll close in a quick amount of time. Me and my wife will be in our office in the lodge."

csmeek
"Well, he's certainly uh... spirited, well all, I'm off to bed, sleep well, and tomorrow be ready."

Recherché
2015-11-26, 06:16 PM
"If they come through the front gate, I could take point and loan Darvan my bow, he doesn't seems suited for close combat... Delci, Sasaki and Howl will have to stay as far away as possible, though...I could scrounge up Sasaki a weapon and she already has armor. She could join me and Tyrol on point. Yes, that'll work! Tyrol, Sasaki and I near the gate, Darvan behind the wagon, and the others behind him." Selna then proceeds to describe her plan and then patiently waits for responses from the others.

The blue woman shakes her head slowly and smiles.

I don't need a weapon. Come outside for a minute and I can show you

As soon as Sasaki is clear of the breakable things in the house she levitates a small stone out of her pouch and flings it at a tree with her mind. The stone makes a quite satisfying sound as it embeds itself in the bark with the force of a arrow.

I can keep doing that all day, I just need to make sure I have enough ammo. And by ammo I mean pretty much anything lighter than 5 pounds

Delci, you're pretty good with that shovel right? Could you build us a small ditch around the building with a few breaks in it? Force them to either spend their time climbing over the ditch or to charge through the breaks we give them and pile up around there right where we're ready for them. I can help as well if anyone has extra tools.

Using telekinetic projectile for that little trick. Its cheap has infinite ammo but doesn't have great range. I could also pick up acid splash for tomorrow which hits touch AC

1Freakinninja
2015-11-26, 06:37 PM
The blue woman shakes her head slowly and smiles.

I don't need a weapon. Come outside for a minute and I can show you

As soon as Sasaki is clear of the breakable things in the house she levitates a small stone out of her pouch and flings it at a tree with her mind. The stone makes a quite satisfying sound as it embeds itself in the bark with the force of a arrow.

I can keep doing that all day, I just need to make sure I have enough ammo. And by ammo I mean pretty much anything lighter than 5 pounds

Delci, you're pretty good with that shovel right? Could you build us a small ditch around the building with a few breaks in it? Force them to either spend their time climbing over the ditch or to charge through the breaks we give them and pile up around there right where we're ready for them. I can help as well if anyone has extra tools.

Using telekinetic projectile for that little trick. Its cheap has infinite ammo but doesn't have great range. I could also pick up acid splash for tomorrow which hits touch AC

Delci finishes her soup and picks up her shovel. I'll do my best, just tell me where to dig... maybe a checkered area might make it harder for them to move.... maybe- if I dig deep enough holes, and- and if we cover them up, they will fall in and we won't have to hurt them! Delci runs outside and starts digging holes. I'll give you any rocks I find so you have more ammo.... that might help right?

just did my research, I can dig 2 cubic feet per minute, so I'll be at it for about an hour to dig up maybe.... 6 holes to create each hole about wide enough to fall in and not be able to crawl out

kopout
2015-11-26, 10:37 PM

"Thanks, but I cant use a long bow very well. If anyone has a short bow though that plan could still work."

Delci finishes her soup and picks up her shovel. I'll do my best, just tell me where to dig... maybe a checkered area might make it harder for them to move.... maybe- if I dig deep enough holes, and- and if we cover them up, they will fall in and we won't have to hurt them! Delci runs outside and starts digging holes. I'll give you any rocks I find so you have more ammo.... that might help right?

just did my research, I can dig 2 cubic feet per minute, so I'll be at it for about an hour to dig up maybe.... 6 holes to create each hole about wide enough to fall in and not be able to crawl out
"Good idea, but we have to decide if we're going to ambush them inside the fort or set pit traps outside. Personally, I think shutting the gate and trapping them is our best bet, no offense Delci, but that way we'd be able to stop them from going to get reinforcements."

1Freakinninja
2015-11-26, 10:50 PM
HAHAHAHA! why not both??!?!?! Rango overheard the conversation between squats, he jogs over to the group we lure them into a false sense of security by letting them enter, then BAM! As soon as one falls into a cleverly placed hole that is INSIDE the fort, we lock them in with us, now down a comrade, they won't stand a chance rango picks delci up. She appears to be grumbling under her breath as he places her down inside the fort, now cheering her on to dig the holes.

kopout
2015-11-26, 11:19 PM
" Sounds like a good plan. I'd feel better if we could be sure they were all inside before dropping them into the pits though. Maybe put the pits a ways back from the gate so by the time the first guy gets to it the last one is inside?"

1Freakinninja
2015-11-26, 11:34 PM
Rango picks delci up again. Walks closer to the center of the fort. And puts her down. Rango proceeds to pat delci on the head and walks back to darvan I like your moxy, I'm going to need your help in making covers for the pitfalls. MONTAGE TIME rango makes the "batman" transition sound then walks over to a tree and begins cutting off branches like nothing happened. Delci is silent as she looks down at the cobblestone, then at her precious shovel..... she doesn't dig but sneaks away quietly. Suddenly, Rango stops his deforestation. He runs back to the group what if.... instead of a hole.... we ram them? rango smiles, looking at the wagon

(Un)Inspired
2015-11-27, 03:14 AM
Do you guys think we can get the bandits to surrender if we take out their leader, the guy with the bow?

kopout
2015-11-27, 10:49 PM
"Taking out the leader is a good idea. I think if we all hide and have Oleg act like nothing's wrong then once the bandits come in we shut the gate and have everyone with a ranged weapon attack the leader we can take him down and force the others to surrender." After a moments thought he adds "Delci, how quickly can you call Rango? If you can bring him in right next to the leader we'd have a heck of a surprise for them."

1Freakinninja
2015-11-27, 11:25 PM
"Taking out the leader is a good idea. I think if we all hide and have Oleg act like nothing's wrong then once the bandits come in we shut the gate and have everyone with a ranged weapon attack the leader we can take him down and force the others to surrender." After a moments thought he adds "Delci, how quickly can you call Rango? If you can bring him in right next to the leader we'd have a heck of a surprise for them."

Delci, eyes straining to keep open from tiredness looks to davan I'm sorry.... I can't summon him faster than a minute Delci looks to rango, he is practicing moving the cart around, trying apparently to get a good angle. but... but once he's summoned he can stay for as long as I'm awake, if that counts for anything her head begins to Bob from sleepiness, ranges from disipates slightly for a moment as he tests the passibility of a carrage wall

Athaleon
2015-11-28, 02:25 AM
"I... have a spell that can make a small area really slippery for a while. I mean, so slippery it's hard to walk in, let alone fight in, without falling down. If they get close to each other I can open with that. No guarantees that it'll actually make them fall, but it's something else in our sleeves."

(Un)Inspired
2015-11-28, 02:43 AM
"I... have a spell that can make a small area really slippery for a while. I mean, so slippery it's hard to walk in, let alone fight in, without falling down. If they get close to each other I can open with that. No guarantees that it'll actually make them fall, but it's something else in our sleeves."

If some of them are on horseback you could cause so real chaos with that spell...

Recherché
2015-11-28, 02:49 AM
Aside from that trick with the stones I can make people repeat the actions they've already taken and I can curse people with bad luck. Hopefully I can make them repeat just moving around for a few seconds so that they can't attack and if they make any more boneheaded maneuvers well they might be doing them twice. Or I could try to keep the leader from getting a shot off by making his luck so bad he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

(Un)Inspired
2015-11-28, 03:57 AM
Aside from that trick with the stones I can make people repeat the actions they've already taken and I can curse people with bad luck. Hopefully I can make them repeat just moving around for a few seconds so that they can't attack and if they make any more boneheaded maneuvers well they might be doing them twice. Or I could try to keep the leader from getting a shot off by making his luck so bad he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

If Theodric could get someone to slip and fall could you make them repeatedly attempt to stand up over and over?

Recherché
2015-11-28, 04:14 AM
If Theodric could get someone to slip and fall could you make them repeatedly attempt to stand up over and over?

Eventually they'll find the willpower to stop or I'll run out of magic but I can keep them going for a while.

1Freakinninja
2015-11-28, 09:12 AM
from behind the cart I can hit things with a really, really big sword! rango begins loosening up the wheels, so that they will fall off when they strike the wall on the other side. I can also bite and hit them with my tail. Perhaps I can throw something or someone as well?. Rango, happy with his work, heads to the group there's also the fact that if I die, delci the delightful scamp can summon a barrage of creatures to take my place! It's a win win rango gives a hearty laugh about his own apparent immortality

TheFamilarRaven
2015-11-29, 01:52 AM
The travelers spent a good long while discussion possible strategies for dealing with the bandits. Many ideas were brought for, and finally, they came up with a solid plan. With battle plans laid out, the party were shown to their beds for the night. Oleg and Svetlana went to bed anxious, dreading the arrival of the bandit scum.

Oleg awoke the party an hour before dawn. He was grim faced, but he hoped for the best for his heroes. The hour was just enough time to wake up. While everyone moved into their positions, Oleg unlocked the gate.

It was a cool morning. The fog rolled over the plains and through the old fort, bringing with them an unpleasant dampness. Everyone was in position, and not soon after the plopping of hooves on mud was heard.

"Heh, door's open lads. Looks like the ol' fool's finally got th' idea." A harsh voice spoke, his words were accompanied by a number of cruel chuckles. Scuffling sounds accompanied by a few grunts suggested that the bandits had dismounted their horses. Suddenly, the gate swung wide open with a loud creak. The overconfident bandits pushed it wide open, concealing Theodric and Howl behind each door. Selna and Sasaki peaked their heads over the ramparts and counted six bodies, including the man in green who seemed to lead them.

The ruffians arrogantly strode into the fort, completely oblivious to the ambush they were walking into. They stopped just short on the corner of the guest house and looked around. "Looks like ol' Oleg's asleep lads. Now ain't that disrespectful, not greetin' yer guests an' all. The man in green spoke again, followed by a few more laughs from his men. [COLOR="#696969"] Oi, Oleg ye daft old man! Git out here! Where's our dues, huh? Ye know we can always burn yer little fort down if it'll motivate ye!" He started to get angry.

It seems as though the bandits were waiting for Oleg, a tense moment of quiet passed over the keep.

The party has a surprise round on the bandits. I'm gonna hand wave the 1 move or 1 standard action for this surprise round. Feel free to move and attack if you wish.

MAP (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1VKfb8iFqDOoMiIpfrvlrTiSUVe_szhjAOa_3ggiGsrc/edit)

kopout
2015-11-29, 02:13 AM
Darvan runs forward and attacks the leader of the bandits.

Attack#: [roll0]
Crit confirm: [roll1]

Damage: [roll2]
if crit, plus: [roll3]

If "other" (Sneak attack for example): [roll4]

csmeek
2015-11-29, 03:05 AM
Silva leaps out from her place near the wall and strikes at the bandit closest to her!

To hit: [roll0]
If hit: [roll1]

TheFamilarRaven
2015-11-29, 03:27 AM
Rounding the corner at lightning speed, Darvan planted his blade firmly in the green man's gut. The rowdy man's face turned pale. A mixture of shock and pain turned changed the arrogent bandit's bravado into a look of anger and dismay.

Meanwhile, from behind the bandit group, Selna lashed out with her rapier. But her attack was stopped by the bandits thick leather armor.

Darvan dealth 9 damge to Happs.
Selna misses Bandit 5

still a surprise round for the rest of the party.

Athaleon
2015-11-29, 11:42 AM
Theo hastily pushed his door closed, and cast his grease spell at the densest cluster of bandits.

Move action to shut the gate, Standard Action to cast Grease (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/g/grease) (DC 13)

Grease location marked on map with bandits 2, 4, and 5 caught in the effect.

(Un)Inspired
2015-11-29, 12:38 PM
Howl steps to the right to slam closed the gate then steps to the left and throws a javelin at the bandits' leader.

Move Action: Howl closes the gate.
5' step to Q10
Standard Action: Throw Javelin at Leader (Haps?)

Javelin attack [roll0]
Crit Comfirmation [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Extra Critical Damage [roll3]

If the bandit leader drops from Howl's attack he yells, All of you drop you weapons, your leader is down, there's no need for violence if you surrender!

EDIT: damnit I clicked preview post and it donked up all my rolls. I'm reposting with actual rolls. One sec

(Un)Inspired
2015-11-29, 12:42 PM
Howl steps to the right to slam closed the gate then steps to the left and throws a javelin at the bandits' leader.

Move Action: Howl closes the gate.
5' step to Q10
Standard Action: Throw Javelin at Leader (Haps?)

Javelin attack [roll0]
Crit Comfirmation [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Extra Critical Damage [roll3]

If the bandit leader drops from Howl's attack he yells, All of you drop you weapons, your leader is down, there's no need for violence if you surrender!

TheFamilarRaven
2015-11-29, 05:47 PM
Their leader jerked his back as the javelin sunk into his back. Darvan could see his eyes roll back as he collapsed in a pool of blood.

Meanwhile, Theodric's spell coated the floor in a slick grease. The hapless bandits lost their footing in comical fashion, crashing on the floor.

"Oi, oi! Alright!" One flabbergasted bandit cried. "This bloody coin ain't worth dying for!"

The leader is lying in a pool of blood.

The bandits seem to have given up.

It is still the surprise round, but you may initiate dialogue if you wish.

MAP (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1VKfb8iFqDOoMiIpfrvlrTiSUVe_szhjAOa_3ggiGsrc/edit)

Recherché
2015-11-29, 06:26 PM
Calm your mind.

Focus.

You can filter it out. Find his mind amongst the chaos and the call.

Except by the time that Sasaki has finally got a hold on the man’s mind he seems to be falling unconscious from blood loss.

Oh well, I suppose it’s for the best. Also how pathetic are these thugs?

I’m afraid we can’t let you go back to your mistress but if you surrender now there doesn’t need to be any further violence

A voice calls from up on the walls

Doesn’t mean I should actually trust them not to try resume the attack though Sasaki thinks as she readies a stone to shoot.

Readying a Telekinetic Projectile to shoot any bandits who make any aggressive looking moves.

Pre-Rolling just in case so as to speed stuff up

To hit [roll0]
If Crit [roll1]

Damage [roll2]
If crit [roll3]

1Freakinninja
2015-11-29, 06:52 PM
rango, totally not asleep for the majoraty of the opening, springs into action, he pushes the cart between the bandits and their unconsious leader, delci, on the other hand, sees that he has already fallen, and simply moves to a ready position, poointing the blowgun at the body as a precaution.

rolling for combat manuver for rangos awesome cart pushing abilities!

1d20+2+2

csmeek
2015-11-29, 07:39 PM
Selna seeing the leader fall, attempts to dissuade the bandits from further violence; "Drop your weapons! Your leader has fallen and you will too if you do not stop!

[roll0]

TheFamilarRaven
2015-11-30, 01:26 AM
Remembering the plan, Rango pushed on the cart with all his might, not even realizing the battle was over. The eidolon struck the bandit who had just spoke squarely in the chest, and with a scream the massive force knocked over him and trapped him beneath the cart.

Continuing on his path of destruction, Rango plowed over the fallen bandits, who could give no resistance as the heavy wheels rolled over their ribs.

Bandit 3. Failed CMD check, knocked prone, take [roll0] damage.

Bandit 2 & 4 take [roll1] damage from light, huge object.

bandit 5 was lucky enough to not be in the path of the wheels.

If the bandits had air with which to breath, they would have been screaming. They still seemed conscious however, but for how long was not certain.

Neither Sasaki's nor Selna's words reached the horrified bandits as the wagon from Hell trampled over the bandit's spines.

1Freakinninja
2015-11-30, 01:53 AM
delci can only look at the events horrified at what she sees, and more notibly hears. she quickly sends a Message to rango Rango! STOP! we already won! rango stops the cart, the wheel now laying on the no 3s groin area. rango smiles confidently HAHA! imagine foul intruders! if this is what we do to those who surrender... IMAGINE WHAT WE WILL DO TO THOSE WHO RESIST US!??!?! rango picks up the unconcious leader of the bandits and carries him to howl, gingerly throwing the bloody mass at their feet, you could almost swear he is humming a song or something. delci quickly runs over to the cart and begins trying to move it off of the poor bandits

Holy.... ****.... ok...ok just keep looking confident, you ment to do this- HO GODS THE BLOODS EVERYWHERE!

Athaleon
2015-11-30, 01:59 AM
"We were going to try to take them alive, remember?!" Theo growled in annoyance. "If you can, try to keep that oaf from bleeding out before we can question him." Sword in hand, he stalked toward the last bandit, the one who hadn't been under the wheels as the cart rolled over them. He brandished the blade at the man in case he tried something stupid against the people moving the cart.

1Freakinninja
2015-11-30, 02:04 AM
delci quickly unsummons rango, his image fades with a overly exageratted smile on it, looking around at the others, delci tries to say something, but no words come out, she simply goes back to helping the bandits from out of the cart

Recherché
2015-11-30, 02:05 AM
delci can only look at the events horrified at what she sees, and more notibly hears. she quickly sends a Message to rango Rango! STOP! we already won! rango stops the cart, the wheel now laying on the no 3s groin area. rango smiles confidently HAHA! imagine foul intruders! if this is what we do to those who surrender... IMAGINE WHAT WE WILL DO TO THOSE WHO RESIST US!??!?! rango picks up the unconcious leader of the bandits and carries him to howl, gingerly throwing the bloody mass at their feet, you could almost swear he is humming a song or something. delci quickly runs over to the cart and begins trying to move it off of the poor bandits

Holy.... ****.... ok...ok just keep looking confident, you ment to do this- HO GODS THE BLOODS EVERYWHERE!

Oh gods above and below . . .

Sasaki hurriedly joins Delci in trying to shift the cart off.

So just a couple of questions for you to think about Rango. First if we start attacking enemies who have surrendered what makes us any better than common bandits? No offense meant to common bandits of course. Second if we continue hurting those who have already surrendered what incentive do they have to not fight to the death and continue hurting us more in the meantime? Especially if we get a reputation for that.

csmeek
2015-11-30, 08:23 AM

"Rango, what in the seven HELLS?! We need them ALIVE!" Selna then begins to help pull and treat the bandits under the wagon.

[roll0]

(Un)Inspired
2015-11-30, 12:28 PM
Howl looks on with a mixture of confusion and horror as Rangi crushes the men who'd surrendered under the cart. As the Eidolon tosses the bandit leader to the ground and disappears Howl immediately cast Stabilize in the injured men.

One by one, in order of seriousness of their injuries.

TheFamilarRaven
2015-11-30, 04:11 PM
With some effort, Delci, Selna and Sasaki released the bandits from underneath the wagon. The victims were bruised and battered, but otherwise conscious and alive.

The bandit still standing held his hands up in surrender as Theodric pointed his blade at him. He said nothing at all; he only glared at the young merchant.

Using his divine magic, Howl stemmed the tide of blood that gushed from the bandit leader's open wounds. The man was ghastly pale. It was clear he was moments away from death, and it would take magic or many days before he regained consciousness. On his body, the ifrit spied a silver pendant molded into the shape of a great stag.

Recherché
2015-11-30, 10:57 PM
So first things first, who are you, who's your leader, how many of you are there and when will you be expected back?

As soon as the excitement is over Sasaki start interrogating the still conscious thugs.

Also where is your base in the first place?

After getting as much information as she can Sasaki calls the couple over to talk with both them and the defeated enemies.

As far as what to do with these guys I can see two main options. We can take them back to civilization for them to be tried for their crimes. Or if you wish we could charge them with working off the the money they took here. Would you be comfortable having these people here working for you? My group would try to check in every once in a while to see how their rehabilitation is going and we can make sure that they don't keep their weapons or horses.

Turning to the captured men she asks.

Also how do you feel about this arrangement? If we leave you here to work off your debts and we then come back to find Oleg and Svetlana are dead but you are not, well then I'm going to assume you killed them and I will hunt you down and kill you in response. It will not be a quick and easy death either.

Or you can let us throw you on the mercy of the courts. You have the right to demand that.

Either way we're going to disarm you and find a way to tie you up while we go deal with your former comrades. You have until we get back to decide.

Athaleon
2015-12-01, 12:45 AM
"Oleg and Svetlana won't like that one bit, it's not safe..." Theo didn't say, but it was clear from his expression what he thought of such an arrangement.

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-01, 12:44 PM
Theodric, there's some rope in my bag. Could you grab it and start tying these men up after I stabilize them?

Is anyone good with animals? We need to bring the horses inside as well. We could put them in the stable.

csmeek
2015-12-01, 02:13 PM
Selna pulls away from the wounded men without a word and proceeds to attempt to bring in the animals.

1d20+4

1Freakinninja
2015-12-01, 04:10 PM
Delci, feeling bad about what rango did, runs into the main building and brings back a pot of the soup from last night, heating it up, she offers it to the captured bandits

Athaleon
2015-12-01, 05:48 PM
"What are you doing?" Theo asked Delci as he tied up the bandits. "Taking them alive doesn't mean serving up a hot meal before they've told us anything."

kopout
2015-12-01, 11:37 PM
Darvan helps Theo tie up the bandits.

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-02, 12:36 AM
Disarming and binding the bandits was simple. They gave no resistance except for a few disgruntled noises. By the time Oleg and Svetlana came out to see the results of the battle, the bandits were all tied together.

Oleg listend to Sasaki, nodding his head a bit. Then said, "Excuse me miss. I need to do something first." He turned and strode over to the bandits. He looked one in the eye for a long while, before he suddenly threw a punch that bloodied the brigand's nose. "And that's for making a pass at my wife, you bastard!" The ruffian whimpered a bit and Oleg walked back towards Sasaki.

"Honestly, if it'ere up to me, I'd hang their bodies from the palisades as a warning to any scum who'd dare think of attacking! But I suppose it's not up to me." Oleg gave a heavy sigh.

I can't see them being of much use 'round here. Svetlana and I have been running this place by ourselves for awhile now and we ain't had much trouble with it until these fools began causin' it. 'Sides," Oleg scratched the back of his head. "I don't think Svetlana - or I, mind ye, would be too comfortable holding these men here without you around. I'm no warrior, an' there's six o' them. I wouldn't be no match for them if even one got loose. Once Restov - if Restov sends a patrol our way I'd allow it. But not before then."

"Right, an' we ain't gonna be talkin' less we get some kinda assurance we get off scot free. We're no fools, Restov'll hang us after a second long 'trial'." One bandit sneered.

Athaleon
2015-12-02, 12:52 AM
"Nooses are a well-known occupational hazard of the bandit business" Theo returned the bandit's sneer with dismissive contempt. "Anyways, how's this for an assurance: First one of you lot who talks gets off scot-free. The rest hang."

1Freakinninja
2015-12-02, 05:28 AM
but... the cart hurt them and... delci disheartedly puts away the soup and goes to put it back, when she returns she hears the threat to the bandits lives by the very same person who repremanded her. She tries to say something in retort, that hanging them is like killing them in cold blood. Her mouth opens but all that comes out is a squeak.

csmeek
2015-12-02, 08:17 AM
Selna adopts a worried expression after hearing Theodoric's plan, and soon pleads with the bandits for their information in exchange for assurance of a fair trial. "Please, we just want to make this area a better place, if you tell us about your crew we can blame most of the trouble on your leader, and get you a fair trial. We just need to know where your camp is."

[roll0]

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-02, 04:09 PM
As Howl is stabilizing the bandits he divorces them from their weapons and gear, taking special care to look for Svetlanna's Wedding Ring.

Aren't men, even if they're bandits, more valuable alive than dead? Oleg, is there really no work you could set these men to, you could set them to clear and plow some fields just outside the fort to start growing some crop. I hear that root vegitables like beets and radishes grow quite well in this climate.

Don't you bandits want to live? Isn't there any claim you can make for why you should live beyond just tell us where the rest of your gang is?

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-02, 07:17 PM
"South! A days ride, nothing more. In the woods by the river's head! One of the bandit's who was crushed wheezed out.

"What're ya doing you son of a bitch!" Came the alarmed bandit's response. "You'd have us all hang an' then lead them on some wild goose chase?" Turning to Theo the bandit spoke "Listen, the man's delirious and couldn't track a chicken in its own coop. E's worthless as far as getting you to our camp."

Watching the ruffians squirm put a smile on Oleg's face, then he turned in response to Howl's remarks. "Ah well. I suppose hangin' from my walls'll put Svetlana off. It's something a women like her ought to see. And since you mentioned it. There's a few things that need repairin' 'round here, though I'm still not comfortable having them here without some guards, let alone put tool in their hands."

1Freakinninja
2015-12-02, 07:39 PM
n...no! delci can't hold it in any more, everyone staring at her, she quickly tries to think of an idea um... w...we can take them with us? The, the ones who can walk.... looking at the bandit leader and the bandits that have been crushed ...i...I mean this way we know that they are taking us to the right place, if there lie in they will be right there and we can yell at them.... right? the lizard girl sweats, not liking being the center of attention

kopout
2015-12-02, 10:13 PM
"South! A days ride, nothing more. In the woods by the river's head! One of the bandit's who was crushed wheezed out.

"What're ya doing you son of a bitch!" Came the alarmed bandit's response. "You'd have us all hang an' then lead them on some wild goose chase?" Turning to Theo the bandit spoke "Listen, the man's delirious and couldn't track a chicken in its own coop. E's worthless as far as getting you to our camp."

Watching the ruffians squirm put a smile on Oleg's face, then he turned in response to Howl's remarks. "Ah well. I suppose hangin' from my walls'll put Svetlana off. It's something a women like her ought to see. And since you mentioned it. There's a few things that need repairin' 'round here, though I'm still not comfortable having them here without some guards, let alone put tool in their hands."

1d20+2
is he telling the truth about the camp's location?

n...no! delci can't hold it in any more, everyone staring at her, she quickly tries to think of an idea um... w...we can take them with us? The, the ones who can walk.... looking at the bandit leader and the bandits that have been crushed ...i...I mean this way we know that they are taking us to the right place, if there lie in they will be right there and we can yell at them.... right? the lizard girl sweats, not liking being the center of attention

That's... not a bad plan kid. The ones who are injured shouldn't be no much trouble. Maybe we can stick around until the patrol shows up to help guard them? It would slow down the exploration but I think it might be safest for Oleg and Svetlana

Recherché
2015-12-02, 10:17 PM
but... the cart hurt them and... delci disheartedly puts away the soup and goes to put it back, when she returns she hears the threat to the bandits lives by the very same person who repremanded her. She tries to say something in retort, that hanging them is like killing them in cold blood. Her mouth opens but all that comes out is a squeak.

Its not a bad idea to feed them now while we have people that can stand guard. Prisoners do need to eat same as anyone else. Here why don't I help you with that?

Sasaki takes the soup from Delci before she can put it away and starts work on feeding the prisoners.

We do have until the rest of the bandits are dealt with to make a better plan so we can think about it for a while.

I don't much like the idea of taking many prisoners with us on this trip; might slow us down a bit. However if one or two of you would volunteer to come with us . . .

That's... not a bad plan kid. The ones who are injured shouldn't be no much trouble. Maybe we can stick around until the patrol shows up to help guard them? It would slow down the exploration but I think it might be safest for Oleg and Svetlana

We could probably do with gathering a few more supplies and setting up a little base of operations here if you wouldn't mind, Oleg.

[roll0]

csmeek
2015-12-03, 08:42 AM

He's talking pretty smooth for a guy who just saw his leader practically eviscerated... Hmmmm, I'm going to talk to him."You seem pretty eager to help us, what's your angle in all of this?"

Sense Motive: [roll0]
Diplomacy: [roll1]

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-03, 03:55 PM
"Well I'd think my angle is obvious, missy. The bandit responded to Selna. "My 'friend' here is lying to you to save 's own skin! An' then let the rest of us rot!" He finished with a clear tone of contempt. "An' thanks for the food, but we can't really eat with our hands tied,now can we?"

Seems like a reasonable answer to you.

None of the none of the bandits seemed willing to travel with the party, although many of them didn't feel like moving at all after the damage they suffered.

Meanwhile, Oleg responded to Sasaki's question.

"Hells I wouldn't mind at all! In fact I'd like to thank you all for what you did here today. Feel free to stop by any time you like. I'll keep you fed and have a bed ready for each of you. Free of charge! An'd of course my store is always open to you." Oleg no longer seemd so stern. In fact he was quite relaxed considering the current situation had yet to be resolved. "Svetlana dear, I think our guests should get a reward! What'dya think?

Svetlana smiled "Of course!" She ran off to the store room an came back with a jingling bag and thrill tiny vials. Please, take these. She said offering the gifts to Sasaki. "We insist! I think you'll find these potions useful! And the gold is a little bonus!"

-50 gold pieces
- Potion of Cure light wounds x2
- Potion of shield of faith +2

Athaleon
2015-12-03, 06:05 PM
"Do we know when or even if a patrol is coming?" Theo sighed. "And tender feelings aside, you know what's safest for Oleg and Svetlana. You just don't want to do it," he muttered.

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-03, 07:18 PM
Howl beams at Svetlana as she offers them a reward. Its nice to know that we have friends here as we head south to explore the Greenbelt.

His smile slides from he's face when he hears Theo's words. He's unwilling to admit it to himself but the Bard may be right.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-03, 09:06 PM
Delci, really.... REALLY not wanting people to die, takes a deep breath and quietly starts to summon rango, after a minute, he bursts from the spell and appears to have been caught cleaning his teeth, wiping away the tooth paste from his mouth delci whispers in his ear the situation, as soon as she is finished, rango makes his presence very known HEY! Bandits! What's up guys?!??!!? he goes in close to the crippled ones, I heard you guys don't wanna be our traveling buddies.... he glares ....are you sure that's the wisest idea? rango makes it abundantly clear he's looking at the carriage, then at theo who seems to desperately want to hang said criminals.

Intimidating roll

[roll0]

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-04, 12:16 AM
"What! Heh ... When did we say that?" That bandit became frantic. "did you say that?" He turned to one of his comrades who hurriedly shook his head. "Well I didn't say that! I mean, did you want to travel, 'cause I want to travel ... i mean only if you really wanted to ..." And on and on he went in a nervous fashion.

Athaleon
2015-12-05, 12:39 PM
Theo sighed again in frustration. It looked as though his companions wanted to spare these bandits no matter what. At least Delci's... creature seemed to keep them scared straight.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-05, 07:12 PM
Rango begins loading the bandits into the very thing they fear most, once finished, he goes outside to fetch a horse to tie to the carriage, delci, somewhat regretting her actions, goes up to howl, I'm sorry I brought him back I just.... I panicked, I don't want to... end people.... is there anything I can do to help out?

Recherché
2015-12-05, 08:23 PM
Delci would you mind waiting on loading them up for a minute? I have an idea I wish to try out. Oleg do you mind if I use a few rooms of the trading post for interrogation

The smile on Sasaki's face somehow manages to seem both shy and slightly cruel.

Rango please stand behind me looking intimidating for this but don't say anything. Selna, Delci I want you in the stable with the bandits watching over them. When I tell you to you will bring me one of them into the main hall with me where I'll be asking them a few questions. If anyone wishes to observe you may, but please do not speak to the prisoners. After I'm done with them, Theo will take them to the guest house and then leave them there. Darvan, can you hide inside the third room and listen in on anything our prisoners might say when they think themselves alone? And finally Howl will you keep guard over the third room from outside?

Once the setup is complete Sasaki asks each of the prisoners one by one only two requests.

You see that there are two pieces of paper and a piece of charcoal in front of you. Using these Draw me a map of how to get to your home base and of the interior of said home base including as much detail as possible. I will be asking each of your compatriots to do the same thing. If any of your maps do not appear to match up the offending indiviual will be spending some quality alone time with Rango

The Samsaran gestures at the creature behind her.

And they don't need to know that I'd interfere before the brute did anything abusive towards them.

Whoever I feel has made the worst or least interesting map will also be punished

Once I figure out a morally acceptable punishment. Maybe reduced soup or increased stable cleaning?

So unless you think you have a way to communicate which wrong directions you want to give me I advise you to be truthful. What do you think can you all coordinate the same lie from different rooms

She leans in to whisper her challenge.

Once each is done with their maps, Sasaki carefully puts them away to be compared later and signals Theo to move them to the Guesthouse.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-05, 09:29 PM
Delci follows the instructions to the letter, comforting the nervous and crying bandits as they wait their turns. Rango, on the other hand, takes much enjoyment in the intimidation of the bandits, with each one entering he attempts a different fear tactic, ranging from simple eyes staring the prisoner down, to petting the still unconscious body of hopps like a cat doing the "dr, evil" pinkie thing. In each one he has made sure that his trusty cart of doom is visible through the window.

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-06, 12:52 AM
Howl does as Sasaki instructs.

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-06, 06:05 AM
Over the next hour, Sasaki and Rango held interviews with each captive bandit. Each one of them terrified of the otherworldly, reptilian demon standing behind the Samsaran. Each one drew a rudimentary map. They all seemed to concur on the location of the camp; just over twenty miles south and west of Oleg's.

Coming into the camp from the north, the bandits described a clearing just beyond the trees to the right where they made their camps. about ten yards south of that turn were two watch towers on either side of the path, hidden in the trees. There was always at least one man in each tower to look out for travelers and danger. the also made note that a broken wagon lay in the middle path as part of a ruse to dupe travelers.

Bandit 5 accidentally smudged his charcoal, making his map the worse.

"Thorn River Camp" has been marked on the overworld map. Note: unless you have a bandit lead you to the camp, you will need to explore the hex in order to find the camp.

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-06, 04:49 PM
Shall we rest the remainder of the day and set of for the bandit camp tomorrow morning? We could use Oleg's wagon as a temporary paddy wagon and pile the bandits in there. They could help lead us the the exact location of the camp and we could keep an eye on them so they don't cause more trouble.

Oleg, do you know of anyone else in this area that has been having trouble with these bandits? Our map has a person named Bokken's hut marked on it but I'm affraid we don't really know much about the lands we're set to explore. Are there any friendly faces out there we should check in with? Any monsters or landmarks we should keep our eyes peeled for?

Recherché
2015-12-06, 08:44 PM
I think we should okay setting off now. No need to give them more time to prepare for us than necessary. We can leave most of them tied up in the guesthouse presuming it has a lock or way to force the door shut. However you-

The psychic points at the bandit who drew the inferior map

-have an exciting opportunity coming up. Since you apparently failed cartography classes you can come along with us and guide us to the base. I'm sure that will make up for your error quite nicely.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-06, 09:20 PM
Rangos sneaks up on no. 5. And bear hugs him, his sharp teeth inches from his neck, they dance around as he speaks oh goodie!!!! We get to keep him! I'm gonna name you sparky! Sparky and I are gonna be best.... friends...forever..... delci is holding her head in her claws..
Realizing how huge a mistake summoning rango today seems to have been as rango carries his new friend to the carriage

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-07, 01:58 AM
I don't know what other trouble the bandits have been up to. Certainly ol' Bokken hasn't been complaining about it. 'Least not to me." Oleg began. He's an odd one he is. Eccentric is the word, really. But he hasn't given me or anyone I know trouble. Comes by every once and a while to trade for supplies. Actually, he made the potions I gave you. Might be worth paying him a visit if you need some more."

As for monsters, well ... There's bears and other woodland creatures that need to be minded, an' there's kobolds about down south, far enough away to not bother us, but lately I hear somethin' has agitated them. Matter of fact there's a bounty board just over yonder with more details than I can give. The stout man gestured to an old wooden board. A few pieces of parchment were nailed to it, and rudimentary drawings and notes were scrawled upon them.

"And listen ... I know you've done us a lot already. But if you're going after those bandits, keep an eye out for my dear Svetlana's ring. It's a family heirloom, though it may not seem like much, it means a lot to her. She says it ain't that big a loss compared to what else these scum have taken to us, but I know she's not be the same since it was stolen. If you find it, please, return it. I promise I can scrape something together for you. It's a silver band with three sapphire gems embedded in it." Oleg took a deep breath. "Well it' seems I talked yer ear off. Never mind me. I wish you luck in your travels. And of course, I'm here if you need anything else!" The usually stoic Oleg smiled, just for a bit, before returning to his typical demeanor.

Wanted: Bandits

Details: The bandits in the Greenbelt need to be
shown that their actions will not be tolerated.
Capture or defeat at least twelve of them to send
a message.

Reward: If after a week the bandit raids have diminished
the Swordlords of Restov are willing to send a reward of 400 gp.

Kobolds in the
Hills

Details: The Sootscale kobolds dwell in a cave
somewhere in the Kamelands. Normally not a
problem, they’ve been riled up by something lately.
Find their lair and ensure that the kobolds aren’t
going to continue being a threat. Force or diplomacy,
so long as the threat has been quelled.

Reward: The swordlords sre willing to send reward of 800 gp
once the kobold activity is under control.

Wanted: Tatzlwyrm

Details: The way everyone talks about tatzlwyrms,
one might think they’re swarming throughout the
Stolen Lands. This isn’t the case; they’re actually
quite rare. A tatzlwyrm head would be a great
conversation piece at Oleg’s. He has promised a
reward for anyone who can deliver one.

Reward: Oleg will pay 600 gp for a relatively undamaged tatzlwyrm head.

Wanted: Tuskgutter

Details: Every Greenbelt hunter has a story about
Tuskgutter, each wilder than the last. Whoever
manages to kill the ill-tempered beast will get a
nice reward from old, retired Vekkel Benzen, who
lost his leg to the monster pig a year ago.

Reward: For whomever delivers Tuskgutter’s head to Oleg’s, Vekkel has promised his masterwork longbow and six +1 animal bane arrows to whoever can kill Tuskgutter. He also promises to share the head cheese he plans to make out of this trophy

Meanwhile, Sparky, as he was now called, froze in terror when the Samsaran explained his punishment. "Oh Gods no! I didn't mean to smudge it! I ne're got ta go to cart-o ... 'carto-gorafy' class! Please I -!" Rango's bear hug cut the man's begging short. Sparky still pleaded with Sasaki as he was dragged over to the cart, even though all he could manage were pathetic wheezing noises.

"Find Svetlana's Ring" has been added to the side quest page in the OOC thread. If you wish to add more of the quests bounty board to your "journal", mention it IC, and I'll add them to the side quests page.

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-07, 01:27 PM
Howl heads over to the bounty board and takes a gander at all the jobs posted on it. After a few moments of eyeing them he takes out his pen, ink and paper from his bag and copies them all down.

As long as we're exploring the Greenbelt we could always try to take care of some of these.

(Raven, when you get a chance I'd like to add all these bad boys to our side quest list. You never know which of these things well accidentally solve/encounter/destroy while exploring the Greenbelt).

Athaleon
2015-12-08, 12:55 AM
"We'll keep an eye out for the rest if we come across them. Otherwise, we'd best stick to finishing that first one," Theo pointed out. "We're halfway there, and now's our best chance to get the drop on the rest."

1Freakinninja
2015-12-08, 05:58 PM
Delci looks up at theo's repeating threat, she gets up and speaks before she can realize what she says g-give them a chance to make right! Everyone deserves a.... a second chance... delci covers her mouth, she relies that she had walked right up front to the much... much taller, and threatening theo...

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-08, 08:56 PM
"We'll keep an eye out for the rest if we come across them. Otherwise, we'd best stick to finishing that first one," Theo pointed out. "We're halfway there, and now's our best chance to get the drop on the rest."

Delci looks up at theo's repeating threat, she gets up and speaks before she can realize what she says g-give them a chance to make right! Everyone deserves a.... a second chance... delci covers her mouth, she relies that she had walked right up front to the much... much taller, and threatening theo...

We can get the drop on the rest without putting all of them to the sword. If the Swordlords are willing to pay a reward for someone to stop these bandits then they'd probably be willing to send some guards to pick up our prisoners if we capture enough of the bandits.

Let's capitalize on our ambush and head out todya to try and get to the rest of the bandits as fast as possible. We can take the wagon and "sparky" with us to help us find them.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-09, 01:21 AM
Rango, after dropping the now crying "sparky" into the cart, and wrapping the rope around a handle so he doesn't get "lost", returns to the group to see delci shivering below the murder crazy bard, his tone immediately changes, his carefree additude dissipates and he becomes more primal, after hearing enough from howl, he pulls delci away from theo, let's call for the guard.... and before you can say anything in protest, I know for a fact he glances over to the remaining tied up bandits they know if they try anything funny.... like, try to run away, hurt these fine folk, or otherwise upset me while we are all out... there won't be anywhere on this plane or any other where you can hide from me... this isnt a threat boys..... its a fact.....come on delci, time to go delci looks up at rango frightened, seeing this, rango returns slowly walks over to the carriage and dissipates into mist

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-11, 12:47 AM
Sparky shut up as soon as he was dumped in the cart, mostly from the impact. It didn't take long for the adventurers to gear up for a trek into the wilds. They knew the course, and had a willing, at least somewhat willing, guide.

The party used the bandits' horses. It would save time seeing as how they would have to travel over twenty miles to reach the head of the thorn river. Although they needed have two pull the wagon, thus two party member sat in the wagon with Sparky the bandit.

Journeying across the wide up plains proved to be dull. A brisk wind whistled around the travelers, reminding them of the season. After five hours the bandit hunters came to the edge of the forest. It was just barely afternoon at this point, as the sun was still high in the sky. The old oak trees seemed soft and welcoming, and cast dappled shadows across the forest floor. Song birds could be heard chirping among the thick boughs of the trees, and a sweet, fragrant smell permeated the air.

It was by no means a thick wood, and the wagon did not have too much trouble traversing the uneven ground. Sparky finally brought the group to a path, which brought them out of the tree cover. They followed for a good long while. The sun had sunk lower in the sky, but it would be awhile before nightfall. the sound of a babbling creek could be heard over the muffled roar of the wagon wheels.

Here, the forest cleared a little bit, but the surrounding trees were thick with foliage. Perhaps 200 feet south the path turned into a mere game trail. along the path was an over turned wagon. A couple could be seen, a woman in green and a man in forest browns. They seemed to be inspecting the cart; trying to assess some sort of damage. They didn't show any signs of noticing the travelers.

LINK TO THE MAP (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1VKfb8iFqDOoMiIpfrvlrTiSUVe_szhjAOa_3ggiGsrc/edit)

Same as before, you guys can move around, just be careful not to move the background. Feel free to move your token anywhere from row D and above for your initial position. I just placed tokens on the map in no particular order.

I didn't include wagons or horses cause I figured you guys would dismount. If I'm wrong, say so.

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-11, 02:16 PM
Sparky, we heard that the leader of your bandit group was a woman. What does she look like?

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-11, 02:23 PM
(Sorry for the double post I forgot to say that Howl's also making a perception check to look around)

Perception check: [roll0]

Can anyone tell if that woman up ahead is carrying 'atchets or has a nice necklace...or if she seems really mean?

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-11, 02:24 PM
"Ermm Uhh... She's a woman." Sparky began. "Likes 'er 'atchets. 'An she's got a nice little necklace. Oh! An she's mean ... REALLY mean! Took away my rat, she did! Good little rat 'e was too! Ne're hurt no one!" The man became a bit melancholy from the memory.

csmeek
2015-12-11, 05:03 PM
Uhm, Sparky, is that her down by the wagon?

Diplo to Sparky: [roll0]
Percep.: [roll1]

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-11, 07:16 PM
Sparky peaked his head above the wagon and squinted at the woman in green. He then nodded.

About 40ft ahead of you on your left, behind the logs you spy the tips of two bows poking out from behind cover. You can't see their owners.

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-11, 10:34 PM
Howl, unable to see the arrow tips but fully cognizant of Sparky's response cast shield of faith on himself.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-11, 10:53 PM
Delci pats sparky on his headim sorry about your rat, maybe we can get him back for you, after seeing thst the woman is actually the bandit cheif, delci hand shaking draws one of the alchemist fire flasks. Turning to the others, if we tip our carriage and say there's valuable stuff in it... maybe they can come over here and we can knock them out?... but maybe we should move mr. Sparky away so he doesn't get hurt

Rolling for diplomacy to have sparky believe that we can get his rat back

[roll0]

csmeek
2015-12-11, 11:50 PM
Selna, upon noticing the bow tips, proceeds an attempt to sneak up into an area behind them.

[roll0]

Athaleon
2015-12-12, 03:46 AM
Theo, wondering what Selna was up to but not wanting to even whisper, squinted in the direction she was heading.

Perception: [roll0]

1Freakinninja
2015-12-12, 10:41 AM
Delci starts to mumble to herself, beginning to summon rango

Recherché
2015-12-12, 11:24 AM
Sasaki shoots Delci a slightly confused look and then starts feeling around for vulnerable minds among the bandits and decides on the leader. Without so much as lifting a finger or making a sound she invades the woman's mind and starts pulling it into loops of itself. It won't mess her up for long but even a few seconds can help

Casting Deja Vu (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/deja-vu) on head bandit lady. There are no somatic, audio or material components. The Will save DC is 15

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-12, 03:18 PM
As his party begins to act Howl follows up Shield of faith with a casting of Divine Favor.

Athaleon
2015-12-12, 03:35 PM
Theo mimed out another casting of his Grease spell, signalling to the others that he would use it as they attacked. He hoped for the same results as the last time he used it on some bandits.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-12, 04:32 PM
As Delci is in the middle of summoning rango, she realizes they will all be dead by the time she is finished, instead, delci begins to summon a different creature, from a quick burst of fire pops out a dog with a celestial aura to it, strangly similar to rangos. Delci tells it to wait until her signal to charge at the woman

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-12, 04:52 PM
No sooner than the group started to act, they heard a harsh voice call out from among the trees to their right. "Oi Kressle, I think tha' jig's up on this one!" Selna could see the bandit who spoke. he was perched in a watch tower built atop the trees.

"Well, is that right?" Came a cruel, cackling voice. "Welp! Guess we do this the ol' fashioned way!" She finsihed drawing her two gleaming hatchets from her belt.

The who had just called out readied an arrow and fired upon Selna as she tried to creep through the woods.

Bandit 4 Attacks Selna...

Attack: [roll0]
if Crit threat: [roll1]

If crit: [roll3]

Total: 2 damage

The arrow flew true, and were it not for a subtle, yet significant flinch from Selna, it would have pierced her heart. All around the woods bandits seemed to be moving in and a slew of targets popped up around the adventurers.

Bandit 4 [25]

Howl [23]
Darvan [23]
Selna [21]
Sasaki [16]
Theo [14]

Bandit 3 [14]
Bandit 1 [13]
Bandit 7 [13]

Delci [10]

Bandit 8 [8]
Bandit 5 [7]
Bandit 6 [6]
Bandit 2 [6]

Kressle [5]

LINK TO THE MAP (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1VKfb8iFqDOoMiIpfrvlrTiSUVe_szhjAOa_3ggiGsrc/edit)

Athaleon
2015-12-12, 05:12 PM
Theo quickly weighed their options. The party was caught in a bad position, with an alert enemy waiting in ambush. His Grease spell couldn't reach any of the bandits from where he was, and he could only cast it one more time. There was nothing for it but to get into the best available cover and fight it out, and hope for the best. "Move up! Stick together and stay in cover! he bellowed, feigning a confidence he didn't quite feel as he moved up right behind Selna.

Move action to go to F5
Standard Action to activate Inspire Courage (8/9 rounds remaining)

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-12, 09:46 PM
Howl's heart started to beat harder. Drawing his bow, he steps forward to take advantage of Theodric's Inspiring words.

Howl draws his Composite Longbow and 5' steps to C10 and fires at B4

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Crit Comfirm: [roll1]
If Crit: [roll3]

kopout
2015-12-12, 11:41 PM
Darvan draws his rapier and slinks forward

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-13, 02:00 AM
Reacting quickly to the danger at hand, Howl released an arrow and let it fly towards the bandit atop the tower. But his shot was wide, and it landed with a thunk in the thick branches above his target.

Recherché
2015-12-13, 04:37 PM
Hopefully that took enough to give us some time at least. Hopefully.

The Samsaran barely has time to think before moving on to her next target looping his mind as well.

Now why couldn't they come close enough to curse more effectively?

Deja Vu (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/deja-vu) on bandit 5. DC is still 15. And moving to F8
So far used 2/4 1st level spells for the day

csmeek
2015-12-14, 08:20 AM
Selna pulls the arrow from her armor, and upon seeing the amount of bows in the area promptly sheathes her rapier and draws her bow, eager for payback.

Yup, sheathe the rapier, draw bow. I didn't want to drop it 'cuz Kressle is REALLY close, and I don't want to have to shoot her to death.

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-14, 01:43 PM
Seeing the glowing red skin of Howl trough the trees, another bandit guard launched an arrow across the battle field towards the oracle. Although his shot was slightly obscured by the branches.

Bandit 3 attacks Howl

If threat [roll1]

damage: [roll2]
if crit: plus [roll3]

The bandit was perhaps a little to excited at the chance of bloodshed, and fumbled around with his arrows, unable to control his shaking.

The bandits by the wagon sneered at their prey from afar, they seemed to be waiting for their leader, Kressle.

bandit 1 withholds action

"Well, ain't that a pretty lookin' pup?" One approaching bandit let out a grim chuckle. " 'An 'ere I 'eard magic was somethin' special." The scoundrel moved towards the celestial dog with a menacing look in his eyes.

Bandit 7 moves to D18 and attacks the summon

Attack: [roll4]
If threat [roll5]

damage: [roll6]
if crit: plus [roll7]

Arrogantly the bandit raised his blade above his head the bring it down upon the dog, but the beast jumped out of the way with an angry yip.

'Tis Delci's turn

1Freakinninja
2015-12-14, 05:10 PM
Delci runs over to the troubled pup, hoping over the stream and lobs her flask of fire at the attacker, while the bottle is in the air the dog sees it's chance and bolts to the two archers, doubling up his speed until he is between the two

If the flask lands delci says sorry!

Attack roll for range throw
[roll0]
Confirm if critical
[roll1]

Damage roll
[roll2]
And critical damage
[roll3]

Doggie takes a full round action to get to O14, delci moved to b16

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-14, 09:03 PM
"Hey, get back 'ere ya mutt!" The bandit yelled as the dog bolted past him. He took the opportunity to swing at Delci's summoned creature. The other bandit took off in chase of the dog, brandishing his sword in a most violent manner.

Bandit 7 attacks dog

if threat [roll1]

if crit, plus [roll3]

Even though the bandit was distracted, Delci's throw fell short. It erupted upon the ground in a fiery burst, which singed the bandit. "Ow! You'll pay for that you liittle runt!"

The dog however, was sliced cleaning along it's side, and it gave pained howl as it ran off.

Hearing the barking behind him, the bandit behind the logs turned to see the dog dashing towards him. 'Hey, hey! Stupid dog! Get otta here!" He drew his bow, giving the dog a chance to bite.

dogs attacks bandit 8
if threat [roll5]

if crit, plus [roll7]

Bandit 8 attacks dog
Attack: [roll8]
if threat [roll9]

damage: [roll10]
if crit, plus [roll11]

Dodging a bite to his leg, the archer shot an arrow into the dog's back. It vanished in a puff of smoke."Don't just sit there, shoot someone!" He called to his friend. But he got no response, instead, the second bandit hiding behind the logs merely poked his head as if to scan the field, and then ducked back into cover.

Meanwhile, over by the wagon, one of the bandit's spoke to his leader.

"So boss, we gonna rough'em up now, or wait for the other to have some fun first?" He asked with malicious glee.

"Welp! Guess we do this the ol' fashioned way!" She finsihed drawing her two gleaming hatchets from her belt.

"Ermm, boss, you okay?" Came the confused response.

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-14, 09:14 PM
Feeling secure atop his perch, the bandit in the watchtower by Selna and the others was not at all freighted of the reinforcements, and took another shot at Selna.

bandit 4 attacks Selna

attack; [roll0]
if threat [roll1]

Damage [roll2]
if crit, plus [roll3]

Which missed fantastically as it sped above her head and landed in the dirt well behind her and her allies.

Bandit 4 [25] -10 hp (dying)

Howl [23]
Darvan [23]
Selna [21]
Sasaki [16]
Theo [14]

Bandit 3 [14]
Bandit 7 [13] -7hp

Delci [10]

Bandit 8 [8]
Bandit 5 [7] deja vu 2 rounds left
Bandit 6 [6]
Bandit 2 [6]
Bandit 1 [13]

Kressle [5] Deja vu 1 round left

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-14, 10:50 PM
Come on Delci! We've got to get close to our party. Howl calls out as he rushes to G6 to both meet the others and to hopefully get some brush cover from the bush to his left.

Again he draws back his bow and attempts to put an arrow into the bandit towering over his companions on the perch.

Attack against B4
Crit Confirm: [roll1]
Crit Damage: [roll3]

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-14, 11:13 PM
With divinely inspired aim, Howl drew back his bow and released the arrow upon the bandit who thought himself safe. It struck him straight in the gut, puncturing through his leather armor. He winced and collapsed with a groan.

bandit 4 is now dying.

kopout
2015-12-15, 02:20 AM
Dammit Delci, you're going to get yourself killed. Darvan calls out to Bandit 7 " Hey! Ugly! Leave that kid alone or so help me I'll make you egret it!"

Regardless of if this works he continues to advance to J3

[roll0]
Intimidate to demoralize him

csmeek
2015-12-15, 08:26 AM
Selna, hearing the bandit yell, Selna realizes Delci isn't close to the group and quickly moves to where she can see her. "Delci, duck!" Then she promptly looses an arrow at the bandit threatening her.

Attack:[roll0]
If threat:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]
If Crit:[roll3]

Move to J8, firing on bando #7

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-15, 03:45 PM
The singed bandit turns around to face Delci, not even hearing Darvan's jeers, his eyes burning with anger. Then shock. With a thunk Selna's arrow buried itself in his stomach. He yet out a howl of pain, but he still stood, owing to the few inches of leather that stopped the arrow form piercing right through him.

Athaleon
2015-12-15, 05:18 PM
Theo continued to advance with his sword drawn, oblivious to the goings-on behind him. "We have her! Converge on the wagon!" he urged his comrades as he ducked behind a tree, hoping it would keep him safe from the archers on the other side of the river, and cast another Grease spell on another bandit leader.

Moved to his current position (left axis labels seem out of whack) and cast Grease (DC 13) on the area indicated.

Maintaining Inspire Courage as a Free Action (7/9 rounds left)

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-15, 05:36 PM
"What the Hells is this!" An enraged bandit responded to the grease that spread under his feet. His boss seemed equally unphased, but didn't respond at all to Theo's spell.

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-18, 02:11 PM
Sasaki continued along the path as planned.

Meanwhile, the remaining watchtower bandit took aim at the now exposed Selna.

Bandit 3 makes ranged attack vs Selna

attack [roll0]
if threat, [roll1]

damage [roll2]
if crit, plus [roll3]

Over by Delci, the injured bandit's rage took hold of him, and he lashed out towards Delci with his sword.

Bandit 7 makes melee attack vs Delci

attack [roll4]
if threat, [roll5]

damage [roll6]
if crit, plus [roll7]

It is now Delci's turn

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-18, 02:38 PM
The arrow fired at Selna fell wide to her left. But Delci suffered a deep cut to her chest. With a cough of blood she collapsed in the dirt.

No longer seeing the dog, the bandit behind the logs took aim at Sasaki.

attack:
if threat [roll1]

damage [1d8
if crit, plus [roll2]

His friend next to him merely poked his head above the logs and scanned the battlefield. Out of breath from chasing the dog, the third bandit near the logs looked up in disappointment as his quarry disappeared, and then ran to join his boss.

One bandit stepped out of the grease. "Hey boss they're a comin'! What's tha' plan?"

"Welp! Looks like we do this the ol' fashioned way!" Saying as she drew her handaxes. The last bandit just guffawed at his leader, not understanding what was going on.

Bandit 4 [25] -10 hp (dying)

Howl [23]
Darvan [23]
Selna [21]
Sasaki [16]
Theo [14]

Bandit 3 [14]
Bandit 7 [13] -7hp

Delci [10]

Bandit 8 [8]
Bandit 5 [7] deja vu 1 rounds left
Bandit 6 [6]
Bandit 2 [6]
Bandit 1 [13]

Kressle [5] -11hp

csmeek
2015-12-18, 03:18 PM
Selna dashes to the nearest tree she thinks can give her cover from the bow-fire, drops her bow and draws her rapier. "We just have to try and rout them! Delci has fallen in the north!" I hope we can end this fast enough to save her...

Move to n6 drop bow, draw rapier.

kopout
2015-12-18, 04:04 PM
Darvan rushes forward a hurls a dagger at the bandit leader.

Crit confirm: [roll1]

Sneak attack for example: [roll4]

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-18, 04:21 PM
"Huh, wha-" kressle snapped out of her trance, then caught the dagger in her. "Eerrrmg!" She groaned and grimaced. She was tough, and she pulled the dagger out and tossed it to the ground.

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-18, 04:59 PM
Hang on Delci, I'm coming!

Howl calls out as he rushes towards Delci's injured form as he firms his bow at the bandit standing over her.

Howl moves to D10 and fires his bow at B7

Attack Roll: [roll0]

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-18, 05:04 PM
Howl's arrow sailed right through the throat of the bandit, dropping him as he let out a pathetic gurgle.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-18, 07:00 PM
Delci, feels cold as the lakes water mixes with her blood she can see next to her the hazy image of the bandit who slashed open her chest laying on the other side of the river an arrow put through his neck...
This is the first time Delci has ever seen a dead body, she weakly cries as the world fades to black, fear of everything that happened in mere seconds.... and passes out...

Athaleon
2015-12-19, 05:30 PM
Theo was finally within range of the bandits' leader. He edged around the grease puddle he created and hacked at her with his longsword.

Moving, attacking, and maintaining Bardic Performance (6/9 rounds remaining).

Damage: [roll1]

Crit Confirmation: [roll2]
Extra Damage: [roll3]

Recherché
2015-12-19, 06:23 PM
It takes until after Sasaki has recovered from the shock of being shot that she realizes that Delci is down maybe even dead. And she herself is also fallen from the blow. For a few seconds the fear and panic are overwhelming and even after Sasaki has run through a few mantras it still presses down on her like a physical force.

. . . I will permit it to pass over me and through me . . .

Not quite enough to stop her though as she reaches out to pull at the leader's mind once more. This time no specific pattern to pull her into, just a little interference with ever thought as it develops.

. . . turn the inner eye to see its path . . .

Dropping prone from the arrow hit and then casting Ill Omen (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/ill-omen) No saving throw. Whatever the next d20 roll she makes is, she has to roll twice and take the worse result.

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-19, 08:36 PM
Theodric rushed up but didn't put enough force behind the thrust of his sword, and it was stopped by their bandit leader's thick leather armor.

Across the stream in the other tower, the bandit fired upon Howl.

bandit 3 makes ranged attack vs Howl
attack [roll0]
if threat [roll1]

damage [roll2]
if crit, plus [roll3]

The arrow landed in the dirt near Howl's feet.

Meanwhile the blood from Delci's wounds started to cease flowing, by some miracle. While the bandit behind the logs fired upon Sasaki.

bandit 8 makes ranged attack vs Sasaki
attack [roll4]
if threat [roll5]

damage [roll6]
if crit, plus [roll7]

Extra AC from being prone was factored in to the attack roll.

The shot sailed over Sasaki compeltely, embedding itself in the ground far behind her.

Over by the cart the gang of thugs rushed towards their attackers! 'We got this, boss!" One called out as he engaged Theodric.

bandit 6 makes melee attack vs Theodric
attack [roll8]
if threat [roll9]

damage [roll10]
if crit, plus [roll11]

The thug was barely able to bypass Theo's parry, and cut him deeply.

Another bandit moved to attack Selna with his sword, grinning maliciously.

bandit 2 makes melee attack vs Selna
attack [roll12]
if threat [roll13]

damage [roll14]
if crit, plus [roll15]

wildly slashing his sword, Selna easily ducked and dodged his blows.

And finally, a bandit moved to attack Darvan from his side.

bandit 1 makes melee attack vs Darvan
attack [roll16]
if threat [roll17]

damage [roll18]
if crit, plus [roll19]

Catching him off guard, the ruffian stuck his blade into the half-orc's side.

"Yeah, get'em boys! Slit their throats an' be done with this!" Kressle used her lackeys' distraction and slipped behind them. She stumbled a bit on Theo's grease, but made it out. She dropped one her hatchets and pulled out a small vial from her belt.

Bandit 4 [25] Dead

Howl [23]
Darvan [23]
Selna [21]
Sasaki [16]
Theo [14]

Bandit 3 [14] Dead
Bandit 7 [13] dead

Delci [10]

Bandit 8 [8]
Bandit 5 [7]
Bandit 6 [6]
Bandit 2 [6] -6hp
Bandit 1 [13]

Kressle [5] -11hp

Delci has stabilized.

It is the PC's turn

Recherché
2015-12-19, 09:17 PM
The ways of Karma are strange and beautiful

Sasaki thinks as she watches the arrow embed itself far to close to where she stood only seconds ago. Still there's work to be done here even as her mind tires.

Sasaki flings a stone from her pouch at the bandit threatening Selna and then crawls back a little bit.

Telekinetic Projectile (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/telekinetic-projectile) at Bandit 2

If Crit [roll1]

if crit [roll3]

And then using a move action to crawl 5 ft to J6 still prone

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-19, 11:02 PM
Howl breath a sigh of relief as he see Delci's bleeding slow. He runs to get in between her and the remaining bandits and takes aim once more with his bow

Move to D16 and fires at B3

csmeek
2015-12-19, 11:08 PM
Selna, frustrated that she is being kept from her allies by the bandit in front of her lashes out with her rapier! "Get away from me!"

[roll0]
If threat: [roll1]

EDIT: Gagh forgot to add 4 to the d20 rolls.

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-19, 11:12 PM
Sasaki's stone bounced off the bandit's shoulder, causing him to flinch from the small shock of the impact, which threw off his parry and allowed Selna to jab him in the gut.

Howl's arrow sped into the chest of its mark. The archer atop the tower gave a sudden jerk, then let out his last breath as he tumbled from his perch.

kopout
2015-12-20, 12:59 AM
Darvan steps away from the bandit and drink his potion of cure light wounds

1d8+1

Athaleon
2015-12-20, 07:04 PM
Theo growled in frustration and pain, and hacked at the bandit that had stepped between him and the bandit leader.

Maintaining Bardic Performance (5/9 Rounds Left)

If this drops the bandit Theo will move to the spot 10' south of the bandit leader (staying out of her threatened squares) otherwise he'll 5' step back and pull out his potion of CLW.

Edit: Min damage. Wew lads.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-20, 07:40 PM
Delcis leg twitches, like a dog's when it's dreaming about running

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-21, 02:44 PM
Theo's strike cut the bandit across his chest, He was wounded badly, but still able to fight it seemed, and now he was angry.

The bandits behind the logs launched another volley upon their assailants.

Bandit 5 makes ranged attack vs Howl

Attack:
If threat:

If crit, plus: 2d8

Bandit 8 makes ranged attack vs Sasaki

Attack:
If threat:

Damage: [roll5]
If crit, plus: 2d8

Bonus to AC from being prone factored into attack rolls

And arrow slices Howl's thigh,but it did no major damage, while Sasaki remained safe on the ground.
In the melee, things were getting hectic. Selna's opponent did not seem ready to back down, despite the grievous wound he had received. He made a lung at the paladin with his shortsword.

Bandit 2 makes melee attack vs Selna

Attack:
If threat:

Damage: [roll8]
If crit, plus: 1d6+1

Meanwhile, Darvan's adversary stepped forward to continue attacking the half-orc.

Bandit 1 makes melee attack vs Darvan

Attack:
If threat:

Damage: [roll11]

And the bandit's friend also stepped up to finish Theo off.

Bandit 6 makes melee attack vs Theo

Attack:
If threat:

Damage: [roll14]

Each bandit, untrained and unskilled, had their attacks easilly dodged by their targets. This only served to enrage them more.

And Kressle, smirks, confident her men were soon to mop up the interlopers. She took a sip from the vial she held, and the wound Darvan inflicted seem to close themselves.

Heals for...
[roll15]

It is the PC's turn

Bandit 4 [25] Dead

Howl [23]
Darvan [23]
Selna [21]
Sasaki [16]
Theo [14]

Bandit 3 [14] Dead
Bandit 7 [13] dead

Delci [10]

Bandit 8 [8]
Bandit 5 [7]
Bandit 6 [6] -5hp
Bandit 2 [6] -6hp
Bandit 1 [13][/B -8hp]

Kressle [B][5] -7hp

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-21, 03:11 PM
Howl winces as the arrow tear across his thigh. He ducks low to try an avoid any more shots as he rushes south to take cover behind the very logs that a couple of the bandits were using as a barricade.

As soon as he was in position he aimed another shot at the closest bandit.

Howl moves to K16 and fires his bow at B5

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-21, 04:42 PM
Howl's arrow went just to the side of its target's head, sailing into the branches behind the bandit. A sudden squeak rang out from the leaves.

csmeek
2015-12-21, 09:34 PM
Selna, seeing that her opponent refused to fall, lashes out once more!

Confirmation: [roll1]

Recherché
2015-12-21, 09:55 PM
Seeing that the last stone was at least marginally successful Sasaki launches another one at the Bandit fighting Selna

Nother Telekinetic Projectile
If crit: [roll1]

kopout
2015-12-21, 10:15 PM
Darvan tries to carefully circle around the bandit, getting behind him to flank. Regardless of how that goes he attempts to stab the bandit with his Rapier.

Acrobatics for to avoid AoO
[roll0]

Attack
Attack [roll1]
Crit confirm: [roll2]

Damage: [roll3]
if crit, plus: [roll4]
Sneak attack (only if I get behind the guy): [roll5]

Athaleon
2015-12-21, 11:14 PM
Theo dodged the blow and took advantage of an opening to drink his healing potion.

Maintaining Bardic Performance (4/9 Rounds Left)

5' step to the spot indicated and drink potion of CLW: [roll0]

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-22, 03:00 AM
Sasaki and Selna's attacks met no success. The psychic's stone merely bounced off the cushioned leather armor, and Selna's blow was parried.

Attempting to flank the enemy, Darvan begins to tumble past his foe, only to sumble forwards a bit, and giving the perfect opportunity for the bandit to strike.

Bandit 1 AoO vs Darvan

if Threat: [roll1]

But the bandit wound up his swing too much, making it easy for Darvan to predict his attack and dodge. The Foolish thug left his side completely exposed, and Darvan took the chance to drive his sword into the bandit. with a whimper the scoundrel collapsed, his life was in no danger, but he was in no shape to be fighting.

Over by the logs, the bandits fired arrows like mad.

Bandit 5 ranged attack against Howl

if Threat: [roll5]

if crit, plus: [roll7]

Bandit 8 ranged attack against Sasaki

Attack: [roll8]
if Threat: [roll9]

damage: [roll10]
if crit, plus: [roll11]

Prone bonus factored in.

And as a result their missiles failed to hit their mark. The ruffians' shots went embarrassingly wide and the only thing hurt was their pride.

Meanwhile in the melee the bandits retaliated.

Bandit 2 melee vs Selna

Attack: [roll12]
if Threat: [roll13]

damage: [roll14]
if crit, plus: [roll15]

Bandit 6 melee vs Theodric

Attack: [roll16]
if Threat: [roll17]

damage: [roll18]
if crit, plus: [roll19]

Each offensive was met by staunch resistance. Selna cucked under her opponent's swipe, while Theodric shifted his head just in time to dodge a stab.

"By Asomodeus' scaly arse you lads are worthless!" Kressle yelled. She picked up the hatchet she had dropped and joined the fray next to Theo.

Bandit 4 [25] Dead

Howl [23]
Darvan [23]
Selna [21]
Sasaki [16]
Theo [14]

Bandit 3 [14] Dead
Bandit 7 [13] dead

Delci [10]

Bandit 8 [8]
Bandit 5 [7]
Bandit 6 [6] dead
Bandit 2 [6] dead
Bandit 1 [13] (disabled)

Kressle [5] -7hp

Athaleon
2015-12-22, 03:11 AM
"Thinning 'em out, slowly but surely!" Theodoric yelled, trying to keep his side's spirits up as the battle wore on. His own spirits were buoyed up as the healing potion went to work, closing up the wound the bandit had just dealt him. He stepped to the side to draw the bandit's attention away from Darvan and attacked again.

Maintain Performance (3/9 Rounds Remaining)

5' step south

Recherché
2015-12-22, 03:31 AM
You do realize that you're losing people faster than we are? If you'd care to surrender I'm sure we can talk this out and I might just be able to uncurse your leader from that effect where she keeps repeating herself.

Sasaki knows they probably aren't going to surrender when they aren't beaten completely but it never hurts to check. Though maybe she shouldn't have mentioned that the leader was cursed. Might lead to them (correctly) thinking that she'd done it.

Nothing to be done now but to keep annoying them with stones. Who knows maybe the distraction would at least let Selna get in a good hit

Keep laying down fire with the sponge cakes stones
To Hit [roll0]
If Crit: [roll1]

csmeek
2015-12-22, 11:07 AM
Selna, almost berzerker rage furious, runs past the falling bandit and move to assist Theo. As she closes in she lunges forward in an attempt to draw attention away from her allies.

Alrighty, move to P2, and attack against Kressle

Confirmation: [roll1]

If hit: [roll2]

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-22, 02:17 PM
A grin breaks across Howl's face as the tides of victory begin to splash in his teams favor.

Sasaki is right, surrender and there's no need for further fighting

Howl steps farther south and points his bow at the two bandits near to him. If the head his warning he doesn't fire. If they seem to still be interested in fighting then Howl fires.

Howl moves to N14. If the bandits don't immediately stop fighting he fires at B5

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-22, 02:37 PM
Theodric's sword cut deeply into his target, who stood for awhile in shock before suddenly collapsing into the dirt.

Sasaki's stone flew beautifully through the air, striking the thug square in the head. He tumbled backwards from the force and a stream of blood poured out from the point of impact. Taking the opportunity, Selna rushed to join her friends in the melee. Stepping over the corpse of Theo's opponent, she lunged out at the bandit leader, catching her off guard in the shoulder.

kopout
2015-12-22, 05:44 PM
And stay down! Darvan spat at the bandit he just stabbed. He begins moving carefully through the grease into a flanking position behind Kressle, hoping to stab her in the back while she was distracted with the others.

Acrobatics to not slip and fall i the grease
[roll0]
(6-9 means I don't get out of the first square of grease, 1-5 means I fall on my butt)

Attack [roll1]
Crit confirm: [roll2]

Damage: [roll3]
if crit, plus: [roll4]

Sneak attack [roll5]

Thanks for reminding me about the +1

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-22, 05:58 PM
Stepping artfully through the grease, Darvan joined his comrades in attacking Kressle, and slipped into a tactical position behind her. Although Kressle spotted the movement out of the corner of her eye, and quickly dodged the rogue's blade as he lashed out.

"Three on one eh? Guess that'll make it fair fight then!" She taunts.

Athaleon
2015-12-23, 05:52 PM
"None of your flunkies left to impress," Theo responded with a grin as he thrust forward with his longsword. "This the hill you want to die on?"

Maintain Bardic Performance (2/9 Rounds Remaining)

Stay where he is and attack:

1Freakinninja
2015-12-23, 09:40 PM
Elsewhere, in a far off dimension, rango is sipping tea, listening to the pathfinder version of Mozart, Glorgnax the half orc's 5th symphony, enjoying the day off.

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-24, 04:57 AM
Upon seeing their remaining comrades fall in sequence, the two archers behind the log evaluated their options. They silently, and unanimously agreed that living was better than being dead, and so broke out in a full run to the south and the forest beyond.

"Grrrrm!" Kressle groaned as she caught Theo's sword in her side. But she saw no real chance of escaping, and so steeled herself to fight to the last.

Kressle makes full attack
Kressle has favored Enemy (human)

Main attack vs Theo
Attack [roll0]
if threat [roll1]
damage [roll2]
if crit plus [roll3]

Offhand attack vs Theo
Attack [roll4]
if threat [roll5]
damage [roll6]
if crit plus [roll7]

Defiantly swinging her axes, she landed a solid hit on Theo's shoulder, while her second swing from her left hand sailed over his head, slicing a few hairs.

Bandit 4 [25] Dead

Howl [23]
Darvan [23]
Selna [21]
Sasaki [16]
Theo [14]

Bandit 3 [14] Dead
Bandit 7 [13] dead

Delci [10]

Bandit 8 [8] Ran
Bandit 5 [7] Ran
Bandit 6 [6] dead
Bandit 2 [6] dead
Bandit 1 [13] (disabled)

Kressle [5] -14hp

csmeek
2015-12-24, 06:13 AM
Selna, watching Theo get hurt, bellows that she will hurt no one anymore, and swiftly whips her rapier into an overhead stab!

To Hit[roll0]
Crit Confirm:[roll1]

If crit:[roll3]

Edit: Forgot to add flanking dangit!

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-24, 03:48 PM
Selna Drove her rapier into the heart of the wicked bandit leader. A gush of crimson blood flowed forth from the wound, and she collapsed into the dirt.

A gentle breeze blew through the woods, and the sound of birds singing could once again be heard. The peaceful nature of the wood had returned.

combat is over.

8 bandits defeated plus Kressle gives 300 experience points to all party members

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-24, 07:08 PM
Howl goes from bandit to bandit casting stabilize in them, trying to keep as many people alive as possible.

We need to tie these guys up again.

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-25, 05:38 PM
As Howl rushed about the battlefield, he was dismayed to find that only one bandit had survived the ambush they had planned for the heroes. It was one of the foes Darvan had disabled after a clever tumble followed by a stab in his side.

I assume you hit Delci with stabilize since other she'd have to make con checks every hour.

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-25, 11:59 PM
As Howl rushed about the battlefield, he was dismayed to find that only one bandit had survived the ambush they had planned for the heroes. It was one of the foes Darvan had disabled after a clever tumble followed by a stab in his side.

I assume you hit Delci with stabilize since other she'd have to make con checks every hour.

Howl Stabilizes Delci first, then the living bandit. His expression grows more and more grim as he goes from body to body only to discover that so many are dead.

Bon nuit. Je... Je suis désolé. Howl says in Ignan as he walks among the bodies.

csmeek
2015-12-26, 04:05 PM
Seln, remembering that Delci had fallen during the battle quickly moves over to her and attempts to bandage her wounds.

Heal Check: [roll0]

1Freakinninja
2015-12-26, 08:18 PM
Delci slowly comes to, wincing from the wound, she leans on selna uh.... what happened? she begins to remember how she got hurt, the body hitting the ground, she shivers...

Athaleon
2015-12-27, 01:10 PM
As soon as the fight was over, Theo looked around to his comrades to see if any others were hurt. He'd only been vaguely aware of the goings-on behind him. When Delci woke up, he sighed with relief and belt down to offer his hand. "You're all right, let me help you up."

1Freakinninja
2015-12-27, 01:14 PM
getting up slowly using theo as a crutch, she takes a better look at the cut ... oh gods.... rangos gonna kill me... she turns to selna and theo thank you so much... I ah... I'm sorry I messed up.... I'll be more careful in the future, looking away from shame, she remembers sparkys tale about the rat, um.... does the bandits have a place where they keep stuff maybe?

Athaleon
2015-12-27, 01:26 PM
"We could ask that one when he wakes up." Theo motioned towards the unconscious bandit. "The rest died of iron overdose. I'd give you my healing potion, but I had to use it in that fight. Anyways, we'd better check if any of these bandits had any kind of message on them. And we'd better check out the wagon itself, just in case" With that, he made his way back to the bandit leader and the broken wagon.

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-27, 03:46 PM
Howl nods at Theo's advice and begins to look over the bandits and there wagon.

Perception check: [roll0]

EDIT:actually it's a 17 I forgot Howl has 1 point in perception.

Recherché
2015-12-27, 04:22 PM
Sasaki joins the Oracle in looking through the campsite.

May I suggest that we not linger here any longer than necessary? The ones that ran could come back possibly with friends.

She looks towards the concious captive

Is this everyone in your group or could there be more?

Aid another on Howl's Perception check: 1d20+3

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-27, 05:54 PM
Theo noticed that the wagon, although it carried a few crates, held nothing of value, inside the crate or out. Perhaps this was meant as part of a ruse by the bandits.

However, rummaging the bandits' belongings produced a number of weapons, armor a coins. Notably, Howl noticed a silver necklace around their leader's neck. It was shaped like a stag.

The camp however, seemed to be completely devoid of any plunder. But, after several minutes of searching, Howl and Sasaki discovered a secret cache underneath the watchtower. It contained many stores of food and othe mundane supplies, but beneath was a whole cache of fine goods and coin. They don't, however, find any trace of Sparky's pet rat. Nor of Svetlana's ring.

- From Bandits -
x6 Leather Armor
x2 Longbows
x30 Arrows
x4 Shortswords
x12 Trail Rations
x60 Gold pieces

- From Kressle -
x2 Masterwork Handaxe
x1 Studded Leather Armor
x1 Silver Stag Amulet
x4 Dagger
x85 Gold pieces

- From Cache -
x321 Silver pieces
x90 Gold pieces
A pair of Silver earrings
A wooden music Box
3 crates of Furs
Polished Wooden crate containing 8 bottles of green, herbal liquor

As the pair sorted what they found, they took note of the strange box of liquid that they recovered. One whiff suggested that it contained more than a small amount of alcohol, but it had a smell that'd halt one's appetite in its tracks..

Athaleon
2015-12-28, 01:45 AM
"Another Stag amulet, wonder what it means. Doubt this lot held Erastil in high esteem."

1Freakinninja
2015-12-28, 09:22 AM
Delci limped to the cart and sat in the back, careful not to open the wound. She looks at the music box, trying to make heads or tails of how it works. if it's ok.... can we head to olegs? I kinda would like to rest for a bit

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-28, 01:53 PM
Howl help Theo get Delci to the wagon after loading up their new gear and captive.

csmeek
2015-12-28, 03:04 PM
Selna goes and sits with Delci, feeling responsible for her injuries, she apologizes. "I'm sorry I wasn't able to get you fast enough. If there is anything you need, I'd be glad to do it for you." Selna's face remains smooth except for a slightly raised brow, and slight squinting of her eyes.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-28, 08:10 PM
Delci smiles at selna, she begins acting like it doesn't hurt, not wanting to cause any worryingno no, I'm fine, really. I'll be fine delci feels a bit out of place having someone not rango care for her... it was nice... she feels a bit more in place with the others in the group, she is noticeably less on edge around everyone. She looks to sparky, her little smile disappears. I'm sorry sparky.... we couldn't find your friend at the camp... she looks down.... but quickly starts speaking again is.... is there maybe somewhere else that the mean lady might have put their stuff?

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-29, 12:51 PM
"Erm, well. Gah! Sasaki's prisoner wheezed in pain. Yeah, there's 'bout a hundred more of us! We've got a huge fort an' everything! You'll be sorry for what you did that's for damn sure!

Meanwhile, Delci talked to Sparky in the wagon. "Oh, well, dats okay." He said, obviously feeling dejected. "I can't think of anywhere else Kressle put anything good." Then he put on an unusual, ponderous frown. "'Cept I thunk she wanted to move our stuff. Y'know, 'cause of those little things yesterday."

Recherché
2015-12-29, 01:45 PM
I wonder . . . are the stag pendants a sign of some kind of membership or allegiance? Or perhaps a marker of status within an organization? Either way the two who escaped will likely carry word back to any allies. And it’s not like we’re inconspicuous.

Sasaki gestures at the group with their odd appearances.

Still they don’t know where we’re quartered and it’s a big forest. Pretty much the perfect place for a guerrilla campaign for either side. You raid then fade back into the trees. Thing is that the bandits don’t know where we are but we have people who know where bandit camps and the fortress are.

Turning towards the captured bandits again

Unless you’d prefer we hand you over to the Brevoy courts. I’m sure that they would be happy to have you decorating a tree somewhere. Though really that seems a waste after spending magic to save your life.

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-29, 02:17 PM
"Heh, hey now let's not be hasty here!" Sasaki's threat had made an impression. "Tell you what. Ya hit the wolf on the nose. Kressle an' Happs didn't wear them pretty trinkets for looks! It' let's us all know that the boss trust'em. Trust'em enough to give'em command over his men and territory." The nervous bandit began spilling forth information.

"Kressle's boss is a monster of a man. Calls 'imself the Stag Lord. 'E’s a deadeye with the bow! I saw 'im pin a man's hand to a tree at a more than twenty yards out! And 'e was drunk too! Mater o' fact we had some liquor in are stash meant for him, e' was bad enough when e' was here and drunk, I don't wanna see him sober! He wears some creepy stag helmet - some of my friends, think - well, i guess now they used to think he ain’t got no face under it, but not me - I think that creepy helm is his face!"

"I ain't lying 'bout the fort, either!" The thug continued. "Just don't ask me where it is! I ain't never been there and I don't plan too. I heard stories 'bout how crazed that man is. Punched a horse for spitting I heard! Now, if you'd kindly let me be..."

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-29, 04:02 PM
There's more of these bandits? Howl questions out loud to no one in particular. Then, directed at the bandit,
How far away in the main camp where the Stag Lord commands from? How often does he check in with Kressle? How long until he realizes that we pushing your group out of the Greenbelt?

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-29, 04:45 PM
"Don't know, I think it's far to the south. And 'e ain't one for coming here. Only been the one time. And maybe a few days... Boss gets uppity I hear if 'e don't get 'is liquor. I doubt'll think that some army from Brevoy is pushin' 'im out of the Greenbelt. Probably too much of a drunkard to think ahead like that. Oh he might start actin' more aggressive without 'is booze, but I wouldn't bet on him sendin' 'is whole army up here."

Recherché
2015-12-29, 04:58 PM
Hmm if you don't know where the fortress is then there might be a chance the escapees don't know where to go either. And thats assuming they even want to go back to the Stag Lord and tell him that some strangely colored people stole his liquor.

1Freakinninja
2015-12-29, 06:28 PM
Delci's eyes flash, um... well... we don't have to fight them do we? I... I mean... she picks up the other stag amulet this is a symbol to these guys.... the lower bandits probably won't know each one of the stag amulet peoples... so... we maybe can make a few of these and... she stops when she realizes she's the center of attention... but wills herself to go past her shyness ... and we can pretend to be the bosses. And we know at least one person who really knows the stag face man. He's still at oleg!

Athaleon
2015-12-30, 01:31 AM
"I don't think that'll work. None of us look particularly like bandits, and I don't think much of our odds of bluffing our way through to their leader..."

Theo stopped abruptly to ask their captive, "Kressle wanted to move your stuff because of what little things yesterday?"

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-30, 01:57 AM
"Oh. Uhm. Well, erm ... they were small. Didn't even reach my waist, them things. An' they were blue, too! I think. Maybe it were the light, was dark y'know! An' they were ugly too! Like a goblin they were, but they weren't one! They had puffy lil' faces!" Sparky spoke to Theo. "Anyway, there were 'ere last night, sure as the stars, an they made off with some of our loot bags! We'd a gone after them but Kressle said not to. Said they didn't really take anything important."

"I've seen the damn things on patrol, an' trust me, I gag every time I see one, they're like big, fat blue heads walkin' 'round on lil' legs. They come out of an old sycamore tree somewhere in the plans." The other captive piped in.

(Un)Inspired
2015-12-30, 02:36 AM
Why did these puffy-faced blue goblin-things make Kressle want to move the stuff? Could they have Svetlanna's wedding ring and the pet rat?

[roll0]

TheFamilarRaven
2015-12-30, 03:44 PM
"Nah, she probably wanted to move the stuff so the next time they came to take our loot we'd have a trap ready for'em. And if yer talkin' 'bout Oleg's lady, yeah we threw the ring in the bags. And Hells I know about Brek's damn rat!"

They might, be Mites :smallcool:

They are small hideous creatures related to the fey. They have been known to cause mischief by themselves, and acts of violence when banded together... They are cowardly by nature and are always associated with misfortune and trickery.

Natural enemy of gnomes...

Recherché
2015-12-30, 03:52 PM
One more danger to be aware of here . . .

Sasaki's eyes go distant for a second before she shakes her head.

Well at least we have an idea of where the ring is. Do you have any idea how often the Lord fences his loot? Just how long do we can we wait before its slipped beyond our grasp?

N:Nature if fey: [roll0]
Or K:Local if that would help identify humanoid species: [roll1]

TheFamilarRaven
2016-01-01, 07:29 PM
"Do I look like I'm the one to talk to 'bout that? We take what we can to survive out here. This ain't exactly the kind o' work you do for money!" Spouted the captive bandit.

But the afternoon was slowly turning into into dusk, and while the sun was still high in the sky, the companions thought it best to return to Oleg to rest and recuperate from the day's battle. Tying the bandits together, they lumped them in the back of the wagon, and gingerly laid Delci down in a comfortable position to rest in. Everyone else rode on the horses they had commandeered earlier that morning.

It was another uneventful trip out of the woods. The sun was sinking below the horizon, casting a glorious golden light on the dark clouds in the sky. The air swiftly be chill again, as night approached, and the winds swirled around the travelers as they went.

By twilight they had returned to Oleg's, and they were met with a most unexpected sight. Several pavilions were set up south of the trading post, just under the shadow of the palisade wall. A roaring fire could be seen in the camp, and six armed men sat around eating, while two more on watch spotted the advancing cart.

"In the name of Restov, halt your wagon and state your intent! One guard shouted. He was tall, armored head to toe, and had a thick brown beard covering his square jaw. He gazed warily at the travelers as they arrived.

Recherché
2016-01-02, 01:37 AM
Oh for Heaven's sake ....

Sasaki starts digging around in the bags for the charter.

The government of Brevoy in its infinite wisdom has charged us with exploring and mapping the greenbelt. If you ask Oleg he can vouch for us as well.

After a few seconds she pulls the paper out and hands it over.

Today we located a bandit ambush site and defeated the bandits though some of our number were heavily wounded while doing so.

I'm sorry to be so curt but today has not been the best day for us. Now will you let us through so we can rest and luck our wounds for the night?

(Un)Inspired
2016-01-02, 11:09 AM
Howl steps down off his horse, briefly holds up his hands to show that he's not getting out any weapons and
approaches the leader of the guards with his hand out, offering a friendly handshake.

My name is Howl rem Foucault, it's a pleasure to meet you Captain (or sir, or lieutenant or whatever his title ends up being). We've taken serve real bandits captive but we have no real means of jailing them. Although my friend is right, we have been chartered to explore this region and it has been a very day of bandit fighting for us.

As a matter of fact, I believe the Swordlords of Brevoy have promised a reward for the defeat of 12 or more bandits. We've routed more that 12 bandits today, in fact; I don't suppose you're authorized to dole out recompense for that particular job?

1Freakinninja
2016-01-02, 04:24 PM
Delci coughs up a bit of blood and waives before collapsing back into the cart

Athaleon
2016-01-02, 05:26 PM
Theo sighed with relief, to know that guards were now present at the trading post. He held up his own copy of the charter. "Greenbelt expedition, and we have wounded here. We all have copies of the charter, and Oleg and Svetlana will vouch for our identities."

TheFamilarRaven
2016-01-03, 06:06 PM
"Hmph. everything seems to be in order." The guard takes a step back from the group. "So you're the adventurers Restov sent down, by the looks of you, your adventuring hasn't been going so well. But if what you say is true about the bandits, then I suppose the results are what matters." He crosses his arms.

"I'm Kesten Garess, mercenary. Restov's paying me and my men to guard this outpost until the proper authority is established here. I can have a messenger run to Restov to report your success if you wish. My bet is that he'll be glad to be moving. Question is; what do you want to do with the prisoners? Oleg and Svetlana had plenty when we arrived, much to our surprise."

Athaleon
2016-01-05, 02:07 AM
Theo looked wearily at the mercenary and told him bluntly, "I have an idea, but my companions would object. Let's get inside hear what Oleg and Svetlana have to say, at least."

csmeek
2016-01-05, 08:22 AM
Selna, upon hearing the talks with the captain(?), asks aloud if they can get past to Oleg and Svetlana seeing as how it's been a trying day. "Could we not discuss this in the morning? We have wounded and are very exhausted, and frankly, I am not in the mood for bureaucracy as of this moment."

Diplomacy, mannnnn:[roll0]

TheFamilarRaven
2016-01-07, 03:06 AM
"Fine by me, They're not going anywhere. And I happen to share your feelings on bureaucracy at this moment too. I'll just let you through." Kresten stood aside to let the party pass. Dogged and tired, they trudged back into Oleg's to find themselves greeted by a cheerful voice.

"Oh my, oh my! You're back! And alive! Oleg, they're back!" Svetlana called out. She ran out to greet the weary travelers, only to be taken aback at the sight of Delci's bloody form. "Desna's tears!" She gasped. "You're hurt bad! I'll fetch some bandages and prepare a warm bed for you! Oh you poor thing!" She rushed back and forth from the guest house to the main house. She sarted past Oleg who had to dodge lest his wife knock him over. With his back against the wall after narrowly avoiding his wife, Oleg let out a sigh and approached the band of adventurers.

"I see you all made it back alright." He paused. "Well, more or less. None of you are dead, an' the bloody noble finally found the coin to hire some guards for the place. I'll admit, things have been lookin' up since you got here." Then his face grew dark as he looked side to side make sure his wife was not in ear shot. "So, did you gut that harlot?"

Athaleon
2016-01-07, 01:29 PM
"Yeah, we got her. Hell of a fight though." Theo said simply, as he winced at the wound Kressle had dealt him.

(Un)Inspired
2016-01-07, 05:53 PM
Howl helps Delci down from the cart and gives a tired smile to Oleg and Svetlana. I know it may not make you happy to hear this but we brought back another prisoner. We've got a few ideas on how to deal with them but at the moment I think we're all in need of a day or two of rest.

TheFamilarRaven
2016-01-07, 10:22 PM
Oleg nodded grimly aat theodric's reply, then shook away his frown as if to rid himself entirely of Kressle's memory.

At Howl's words Oleg glanced at the prisoners and let out an exasperated sigh. "Oh for ... Iomadae's Blessed Blade! You lot certainly know how to make friends! He threw his hands up in the air. "Hewww... I guess I'll go'n grab Kesten, he'll throw'em where they're keepin' the rest of them. You all get some rest; figure out what ta do with'em in the morning!"

And with that, Oleg went outside to speak with the new guard captain, as the rest of the party moved in to the guest house to sleep away the day's troubles. Svetlana had brought the fluffiest pillows and freshest linens for Delci to lay in. The rest of the evening went on quietly, and the travelers soon found themselves asleep.

At dawn, the clanging of pots woke the party. They were greeted by yet another chill Autumn morning, but today there was the sweet sizzle of sausage drifting through the outpost, and the smell of fresh bread. Svetlana laid the table out for breakfast, while Oleg ferried food fromthe kitchen to the solders outside.

"Good morning! I hope the night passed well for you, especially for little Delci." Svetlana was smiling brightly. "Have some breakfast. I broke out the sausage, and made a fresh loaf of bread! and there's eggs too, and some milk if you'd like! She motioned to the table. "Though I think Kesten wanted to speak to you about ... well, you know. But he can wait! You must eat first!" She seemed insistent.

While recuperating at Oleg's; You do not need to subtract from your daily rations.

And, in addition, you regain 3 HP per level when resting for 8 hours, or 6 HP per full day of rest. This a special case that takes precedence over the normal rules for resting and long term care.

1Freakinninja
2016-01-07, 11:53 PM
Delci having a big grin on her mouth, and bandages covering the cut across her chest thanked Svetlana constantly for the hospitality. thank you mrs. Svetlana, this is very nice of you! the little Kobold ate what seemed to be twice her body weight before stopping, remembering sparky and the others that the party had captured mrs. Svetlana, would it be OK if I could please bring some of the tasty food to the prisoners? Maybe your amazing cooking could make them nicer people?

(Un)Inspired
2016-01-08, 12:15 PM
Howl politely tucks into the meal that Scetlana has prepared. Thank you so much for you generous and exception hospitality. I'm afraid that although we were able to find the group of bandits that was extorting your fort, they had lost possession of your ring...
... We do have a new lead as to where it might be however.

csmeek
2016-01-08, 04:20 PM
Selna wanders out, sloppily dressed in the uniform she wears under her armor, and upon smelling the food groggily begins to eat more than Delci and Howl combined. "Morning all..." she says groggily, and upon hearing Svetlana mention Kesten she yawns and says "Oh right, that guy. I had an idea for him..." and promptly wanders off with her remaining food to go find him.

Recherché
2016-01-08, 05:58 PM
Sasaki wakes up early before the sun has even begun to rise. Seeing no one else awake she finds a quiet space outside to meditate.

TheFamilarRaven
2016-01-08, 09:00 PM
- At the Dining Table -

Svetlana suddenly frowned at Delci's suggestion, her face taking on an unusual expression of grief, as if remembering some painful memory. But it only lasted for a second, before she smiled at the little kobold. "I'm ... sure they'd like that." She said hesitantly.

After Howl spoke she rolled her eyes a bit. "Oh, did Oleg put you up to that?" She said with mock annoyance. "I swear that man stresses over everything!" Then her face lit up with a bright idea. "Y'know, I used to make him a moon raddish soup that would sap all that stress outta him! I should really get around to making more." Svetlana paused. "Hmm, but they only grow out in the wild. I ... I don't suppose you'd bring back a few, if'n you find some?" She asked.

- Outside, Near the Pavilions -

Selna walked lazily into the mercenaries camp. Oleg passed by her on his way back inside, and gave her a small nod. Kesten saw the paladin approaching and greeted her. "Well, good morning. You look ... prepared." He chose his words carefully. "I suppose your here to discuss business. Well then, what is it?"

You now how a quest to find some moon radishes for Svetlana's soup. No joke, this is an honest to God quest written in the book. Get cracking! I'll add it to the party's journal.

csmeek
2016-01-08, 11:00 PM
Selna glances down and shrugs, "Hmm... oh yes, regarding the prisoners, if we get permission from Oleg, we would like you to put them to work and help them reform. We promised them their lives in exchange for jail time. However we both know what happens to brigands in Restov, they aren't a bad lot, just... misguided. I want them to learn that an honest life is much better than what they've been leading." As Selna speaks Kresten can see her passion about helping these people better their lives and giving them a second chance.

[roll0] I went ahead and added the curse's +4 morale bonus to keeping my word to the prisoners, seeing as how we said they woudn't be executed, so yeah.

(Un)Inspired
2016-01-08, 11:37 PM
Noticing Selna is about to speak to the leader of the guards Howl leaps out of his chair to back her up. As he is bolting over to the paladin he realizes he's being rude to Svetlana he tries to double back and excuse himself; unfortunately he attempts to do this before he's fully out of his seat and ends up tripping over himself. He knocks his seat over and sinks to the ground kind of awkwardly. Ahh... Svetlana, er, pardon me a moment.

Howl twist around to call out over to the mercenaries and Selna:

She's right. They can still be productive. Their lives still mean something.

[roll0]

That's an aid. +2 to Selna's roll.

He's not sure if his voice reaches them however, and realizing that he's yelling while almost laying on the ground, begins to blush so violently that it can be seen even through his dramatic red skin.

Athaleon
2016-01-09, 02:41 PM
Theo just sat, and sighed, not bothering to argue anymore. He still thought his companions were putting everyone at needless risk by insisting on keeping the bandits alive, but he had been outvoted the first time it was argued and he didn't have the energy to start the debate again.

1Freakinninja
2016-01-09, 08:18 PM
Delci, seeing theo having less than a good morning, puts some of the left overs in front of him, patting his back gently before heading to the makeshift prison to hand out the remaining breakfast to the prisoners, taking trips of what she could carry

TheFamilarRaven
2016-01-10, 02:27 AM
- At the Dining Table -

Startled by Howl's sudden jolt, Svetlana nearly dropped the tray of dishes she was clearing from the table. After watching the ifrit's comical display, she turned her head quizically and said, "does that mean yes?"

- Outside, Near the Pavilions -

"Well they're -" Kesten cut his response a bit short as Howl shouted across the yard. Then shook his head as if to chide the silly behavior. After a brief moment, the captain faced Selna once more and satred his speech over. "Well, they're your prisoners." He said flatly. But I've been betrayed by one of their kind before..." Kesten's face darkened. A moment of awkward silence filled the yard. The Kesten shrugged."Then again. This time I know that they're complete scum. And I suppose I could get them to work on fixing that thing they call a road. He made an exasperated motion to the pathetic dirt trail that led to Oleg's. "So fine. I won't send them off to Restov, so long as I got work for them to do. Then he turned to the prisoners. "And I am going to. Make. You. Work!" The captain finished in his most commanding voice.

Kesten slowly turned to face Selan again, then sigh. "I suppose that concludes our business. No wait! I spoke with one of your traveling companions earlier this morning. Darvan, I think it was. Said he wasn't cut out for the wilds down here, and was headed back to proper civilization. Just as well. He's carrying word of your victories here in the Greenbelt. With any luck your have your bounty for the bandits in a week."

(Un)Inspired
2016-01-10, 03:02 PM
Er, yes ma'am. I'd be happy to help look for radishes. Howl says as he hastily straightens himself out and sits back down. His tremendous blush does not seem to diminish.

1Freakinninja
2016-01-10, 05:19 PM
Deli jumps up and hides when she hears the crazed yelling of howl.... but seeing who it us she sighs in relief and goes back to carrying the goodies to the bandits, once at the holding " jail" house, excuse me? Bandit people.... would you like something to eat? she takes a sausage and puts it through a Crack in the door. Surely, delci thought, this would make them nice people if she is kind to them.

Athaleon
2016-01-11, 01:42 AM
"Not thrilled to see him go, but better now than later, I suppose," Theo replied on hearing of Darvan's departure. "And I'm glad we could find some use for these bandits that keeps everyone happy, and more importantly, safe. So," he abruptly changed the subject, "where will we be off to next? Thinking back to that bounty board, it mentioned some Kobolds in need of pacifying. We can keep our eyes peeled for radishes, bounties, et cetera, on the way."

csmeek
2016-01-11, 08:51 AM
Selna nods, and thanks Kresten and returns to the table where the others are sitting and finishes her food., eager to set off for the day.

(Un)Inspired
2016-01-11, 03:15 PM
I think we should head West, taking the time to investigate and explore as we go. We can take the horses to make travel faster and potentially even take the wagon again to carry any treasure we may encounter. If we start to get worn out we can always head back to the Fort. Howl suggests while trying to recover from his recent embarrassment.

TheFamilarRaven
2016-01-11, 08:02 PM
The bandits eagerly accept the food offered by Delci, as Kesten places the palm of his hand over his face; watching Delci undermine his hard line approach to reforming the outlaws.

1Freakinninja
2016-01-12, 01:35 AM
Delci smiles to herself, thinking that Kesten is high fiving his face to the fact that the bandits are going to become such nicer from the delicious food before they work. Delci smiles AR a job well done a packs her things, she hesitates when she remembers how she was hurt when rango wasn't around... before heading out, she asks oleg if he has any clothes her size she could buy, she offers 5 gold for a simple outfit to cover the wounds, after putting it on, Delci heads to the group. uh.... everybody? Are we all ready to go? If so, could you please not say anything about me.... almost dieing.... to rango? He might get a little.... protective.... and eat one of the nice bandit people... she says while loading up her horse

TheFamilarRaven
2016-01-12, 06:02 PM
With their things packed and ready to go, the explorers set out west, riding the horses they commandeered from their foes on the first day they arrived. Oleg and Svetlana waved good-bye has the travelers set out, and even Kesten gave a curt salute as they passed. They were well on their way to exploring the Greenbelt, and the adventures it might bring.

It was a mere three hours riding across the plains west of Oleg's. It was an area already mapped by a few hunters from the region, so it did not need anymore efforts to explore. So the wanderers continued west. By noon, the reached the familiar oak trees of the great wood they had been in earlier. It offered shade from the sun, which was high in the sky at this point. Thus they reached the first region yet to be properly charted.

They spent a good day circling the wood. Delci nearly found herself caught in a hidden bear trap. But Rango grabbed her before she stepped foot in the devious device. It was well hidden, too well hidden to be meant for just beasts, perhaps set up by some malicious hunter hoping to eliminate competition. Or for the bandits that until recently wondered the woods. But as it was dangerous, the party decided it would be best to flag all of the traps they found, in case they ever needed to move through this part of the woods again, and took the time to mark each one as they found them.

The night brought bitter cold, much different than the warm beds at Oleg's. But a healthy fire kept the chill away, and the trees provided a strong buffer against the wind. On the following morning, they continued due west, exiting the forest and finding themselves back one the plains. Yet another section of the greenbelt that was uncharted, and so they spent the day riding over hills and tall grass, mapping the region thoroughly, but finding nothing a value.

That night, the chill winds on the plains were felt in full, but once again fire was able to keep it at bay. The next morning that continued their heading, and reached the end of the designated area the charter wished for them to explore. Travelling into yet another region of plains, the party repeated yesterday's method of exploration. when the day was turning into twilight, and the wanderers felt they had discovered all there was to know, rango pointed out something strange among an overgrown path of blackberry bushes.

A mighty cairn stood, hidden by the overgrowth. It had long been abandoned, and it seemed untouched by travelers for a long while.

Gain 300 xp for exploring the hexes.

gain 400 xp for dealing with the trap filled glade

minus 3 days trail rations each

recover 3 HP

Recherché
2016-01-12, 09:47 PM
On one hand we should probably take a look at the cairn, but I'm not so sure we should do so at night. i at least would feel a bit safer with sunlight to retreat to. How would you guys feel about doing a quick walk around to check for magic and unpleasant surprises while we still have some light left and then waiting till the morning to perform a more thorough investigation?

Assuming others go along with this Sasaki and whoever wants to come with herwill walk around the area of the cairn looking for anything unusual or out of place and Sasaki will have detect magic up.

1Freakinninja
2016-01-12, 11:39 PM
Ramgo, summoned early that morning, hears the chance to possibly have some more exitement, other than just looking at berries.... ugh.... Ramgo steps up I believe I can be of some assistance! Just point me where to walk and I'll take care of the rest rango picks up deli and puts her in a save spot, grabs his great sword and walks up to Sasaki it might be best if I took point, boss. At least for now,

TheFamilarRaven
2016-01-13, 12:12 AM
It is a small cairn, not enough room for more than one body. Sasaki does detect a feint aura of magic beneath the stone heap.

The above experience is for the entire party.

Individually, everyone receives 140 XP ... my bad for not clarifying

Athaleon
2016-01-13, 12:16 AM
"Do we know what this cairn signifies? If it's someone's burial mound we'd better leave it alone." Theo eyed it with suspicion, looking for a clue as to the stones' purpose.

So I had gone ahead earlier and entered all that XP into my character sheet. What are we all supposed to be at now, in total?

csmeek
2016-01-13, 08:30 AM
Selna agrees with Theo, not being the most comfortable around graves. We can investigate in the morning I'd rather not, for now. Who knows what beasts could be watching us from the shadows?

1Freakinninja
2016-01-13, 08:34 AM
At the mention of the possible danger, rango darts his head to the forests and charges into it screaming BACK OFF FOUL BEASTS!!! he gives a thumbs up to selna as he begins attacking a random bush

csmeek
2016-01-13, 09:27 AM
Selna promptly covers her face with her hand and mutters obscenities under her breath, just loud enough for Rango to catch "...stupid...attract...around...miles."

(Un)Inspired
2016-01-13, 11:12 AM
I like that Idea Sasaki. I'll help you do some preliminary exploring, waiting till daytime for a more intense search sounds like a good plan.

1Freakinninja
2016-01-13, 07:57 PM
Selna promptly covers her face with her hand and mutters obscenities under her breath, just loud enough for Rango to catch "...stupid...attract...around...miles."

Rango smiles at selna, slapping his forehead, OF COURSE! I mean.... * whispering* of course he begins tip toe to delci, he pulls out her shovel and points to the ground, delci is about to question but rango puts a finger to his lips. Delci sighs and starts digging, rango somersault to selna. we must be quiet.... who knows who could be watching us... delci is now about halfway into the hole, waist deep in the dirt, rango takes the slain bush and places it on top of the hole, hiding delci from sight. You can hear a slight grumble from the bush... delci makes her bed roll under the hideaway

Rolling for stealth for the nights sleep

Delcis stealth
[roll0]

Recherché
2016-01-13, 08:37 PM
Theo, Howl would you two mind taking first watch and then Selna and I will take second?

Sasaki starts setting up her tent a little ways off from the cairn and working on a fire so the night won't be quite so cold.

Also does someone want to pick berries so we can have something fresh with dinner?

Athaleon
2016-01-13, 08:39 PM
"I take first watch. Doubt I could tell the good berries from the bad, though."

1Freakinninja
2016-01-13, 09:21 PM
well.... we could just round up a bunch of berries, and have good old delci summon up some test subjects, hells,you can use me to check for poison if you wanted

TheFamilarRaven
2016-01-13, 09:25 PM
Delci's over bearing companion admired his camouflage. Absolutely nothing would be able to find her underneath all the brambles. But looking to his left for no other reason than to admire the scenery, out of the corner of his reptilian eye he caught movement. Not from the side, but below. Snaking along the ground, a small branch inched towards the eidolon's feet! Looking around, now it seemed as though the entire patch of berry bushes were coming alive!

Rango has a chance to act before the mysterious entity.

MAP (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MzhI2bQZ8NoeMaiS7TlekLKzOUnIpLuGPaZR6pXnP6s/edit?usp=sharing) Sorry, couldn't find a good image with a grid to place in the background, so we're using this spread sheet instead

1Freakinninja
2016-01-13, 09:53 PM
I KNEW IT! BUSHES ARE EVIL!!! rango sheds a single tear as he is forced to ruin his beautiful shrubbery disguise to grab a confused delci and toss her to safety,

Strength check to toss delci to a save distance

[roll0]

TheFamilarRaven
2016-01-13, 10:18 PM
Rango grabbed a much bewildered delci and chucked her to safety, while the vine did not halt its course. It rose from, the ground like a cobra ready to strike, and lunged at Rango.

Melee attack vs rango

Attack: [roll0] plus grab
if threat: [roll1]

if crit, plus [roll3]

Special attack, Grab: [roll4]

The vine quickly began to entangle Rango, finding its way to the eidolon's throat. But Rango managed to wrestle free of the plant's grip, and shook it off. The strange entity recoiled for a bit, then rose once more, ready to strike. By now it was obvious the plant near Rango was alive and moving.

It is now regular Combat

Howl [30]
Delci [17]
Sasaki [12]
Rango [10]
Theo [6]

Vine: [6]

Selna [4]

MAP (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MzhI2bQZ8NoeMaiS7TlekLKzOUnIpLuGPaZR6pXnP6s/edit?usp=sharing)

(Un)Inspired
2016-01-13, 10:37 PM
Howl was just getting ready to cast Mage Hand to puck some berries from the bush when the vine made its move against the enormous eidolon.

He pulled his longsword from his sheath as he stepped forward to meet the pugnacious plant.

As he moved forward sparks began to appear in front of the young swordsman and with no further preamble a gout of flame poured from in front on him onto the vicious vine.

Draws longsword and 5' steps to 9G
Actives Burning Hands SLA aiming only for the Plant. DC 15 Ref for 1/2

TheFamilarRaven
2016-01-13, 10:41 PM
Howl's flame engulf both the berry bush and the evil vine. But although the small shrubs easily burst into flame as the torrent of fire erupts from Howl's fingers, the intended target appears completely nonplussed.

(Un)Inspired
2016-01-13, 10:53 PM
Damage for Burning hands: [roll0]

1Freakinninja
2016-01-13, 11:25 PM
Delci dizzily looked at the terrifying collection of vines that she had just made a bed in, shivering, she darts to the others of the party for safety, she then turns her attention to rango, with a mumble and a snap of her fingers, rango size begins to grow to twice the normal.

Delci moves to d 11

Casting enlarge person on rango, due to share spells, I can cast on rango, an outsider

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/enlarge-person

Athaleon
2016-01-14, 06:17 PM
"What's this, an overgrown shrubbery? Have at it, down with it!" Theo yelled jauntily as he edged around the bushes (and behind Rango), not knowing which could turn out to be another hostile creature.

Starting a Bardic Performance as a Standard Action, and move to the location indicated on the map.

Performance remaining: 8/9 Rounds

Recherché
2016-01-14, 07:10 PM
It's an assasin vine! If I recall correctly they don't move too fast so it might easier to keep away and kill it from a distance.

Sasaki grabs a small stone from her pouch and tries to aim it at the creature just barely within mind's reach.

Telekinetic Projectile the ******* plant
To hit including -4 from cover and +1 from performance: [roll0]
If somehow a crit: [roll1]

TheFamilarRaven
2016-01-14, 07:23 PM
Sasaki's stone flew over Howl's shoulder, crashing through the thick vine. It snapped off a few limbs, and the plant shuddered as a thick sap oozed out of it's new wound.