PDA

View Full Version : DM Help I Need A Lot Of Characters

JNAProductions
2015-11-25, 06:31 PM
Specifically in the level 5-10 range. There can be some lower and some higher, but ideally most characters should be in that range. They should be built with 5d6b3 straight down.

Why do I need this?

I'm planning on running a campaign of their descendants. I want the players to have plenty of options for parents (grandparents, etc.).

Thanks in advance!

eastmabl
2015-11-25, 06:34 PM
Is there a reason why your players can't pick their character concepts out?

It might save you a lot of time.

Gignere
2015-11-25, 06:35 PM
They should be built with 5d6b3 straight down.

What does this mean?

JNAProductions
2015-11-25, 06:37 PM
Is there a reason why your players can't pick their character concepts out?

It might save you a lot of time.

They can, it's just required they be descendants of some other characters. Nothing is stopping a warrior's son from being a wizard.

What does this mean?

Roll 5d6, take the best 3. Do this 6 times. Apply them to stats in order.

Example:

Strength 5d6b3
Dexterity 5d6b3
Constitution 5d6b3
Intelligence 5d6b3
Wisdom 5d6b3
Charisma 5d6b3

Dice rolling thread if you want records of your rolls: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?463917-Genealogy-Dice-Rolls&p=20120071#post20120071

If not, roll at home.

ji6
2015-11-25, 07:38 PM
What materials are legal if I make a character?

JNAProductions
2015-11-25, 07:46 PM
All core books, UA material, anything official available freely online (so no SCAG) and most of my own homebrew. Ignore the silly stuff, like Scrooge McDuck.

Felvion
2015-11-25, 07:55 PM
This (http://www.tabletopping.net/dd-5e-pre-made-characters.html) should help a lot. Take as many random characters you need, change the attributes according to your likes and you should be ok. There are some interesting details in those characters (they have full background with bonds, ideals etc) and they may inspire you to build up the plot too. Also they have a wide range of races involved thus it wont be much trouble finding their appropriate ancestors.

Flashy
2015-11-25, 07:55 PM
Key universe fluff restrictions? What's the pantheon like, what's the world like, etc?

Like if I throw you a famous explorer or an opera star or something will they be out of place?

JNAProductions
2015-11-25, 08:01 PM
Key universe fluff restrictions? What's the pantheon like, what's the world like, etc?

Like if I throw you an famous explorer or an opera star or something will they be out of place?

The World of 12 Pantheon. The gods are as follows:

Cra
Ecaflip
Enripsa
Enutrof
Feca
Iop
Osamodas
Pandawa
Sacrier
Sadida
Sram
Xelor

And a famous explorer or opera singer would be totally fine. Quite interesting, even.

Arc-Royal
2015-11-25, 08:57 PM
Do you just want stats and a description of their profession(s), or do you want class levels/feats/spells for them, too?

JNAProductions
2015-11-25, 09:06 PM
The whole kit and caboodle.

cobaltstarfire
2015-11-25, 09:25 PM
You can use Twi if you really want to.

Or I have a White Dragonborn Fighter/Tempest Cleric named Rylie, I'll PM you that stuff, since she was from a real life game and I don't feel like typing down all her stats/gear/spells ect. (I'm going to scan it and mash it into a PDF)

ji6
2015-11-25, 09:42 PM
I will bold in the spoilers the important bits of each character. I am not going to put the things without choices, like I am not including the rage feature of barbarian in the spoilers since you can just glance to see all the standard features. I also gave some brief backstory ideas, although I would question the grammar and flow of some of them as they were more starting points and ideas than anything. I like the first character's backstory idea a little more as it has some nice family mechanics and a small amount of comedy built in, but the second feels right for PCs that want to make a fun town's guard or even criminal character.

First character: Level 8 Hill Dwarf Barbarian

Name: Gruffle Brrockbreaker

HP: 109 HP (Hill Dwarf bonus & 5 Con w/ barbarian dice make large HP pool)
AC: 15
Movement Speed: 35 Feet

Weapon of Choice: Club

Stats
Strength [12]
Dexterity [10]
Constitution [20]=16+2(HillDwarf)+2(ASI #1)
Intelligence [13]
Wisdom [16]=15+1(HillDwarf)
Charisma [9]

ASI #1
Con: +2

ASI #2
Feat: Magic Initiate [Druid]

Druidcraft (Cantrip)
Shillelagh (Cantrip) (Can use before rage as not concentration, and will not go away)
Cure Wound (One Use Per Long Rest)

Totem Warrior Barbarian: Bear

Background: Sailor

Skill Proficiency in Athletics, Nature, Perception, Survival

Short backstory: Originally named Gruffle Briarfeet, the Dwarf was meant to take over his family business of communicating between warring Hill Dwarves and Mountain Dwarves to unite them in arms against larger allies, unfortunately he thought it was funny to laugh at how a Mountain Dwarfs had their beard cut off in the most recent battle and was banished and stripped of his clan name. Pursued by the mountain dwarves, a wise human told him that Mountain Dwarves were scared of the seas and that he should board his ship. Unfortunately, the human was a slaver so Gruffle became a slave on the pirate ship for many a years. During this time, he became much wiser about the world around him and how people can fool others, and pledged to one day become a trustworthy man others can rely on. Slowly building up body strength from surviving the many times his dumb statements got him whippings, eventually his body became so strong that he raged against his captors and defeated them all by himself due to his freakish ability at taking hits, freeing his fellow slaves along the way. Since that time, Brrockbreaker has become a full-fledged sailor and has founded a "family" partially through adoption, and partially through very drunk women thinking his scars were attractive, and has sailed around the seas aiming to free slaves and help those he can in poorer towns. Many call him "The Dwarf of the High Seas" due to him being one of a few, but some have also called him "The Blubbering Freedom Fighter" due to his speeches and threats to enemy ships that he cannot see over the railings of his own ship. Included in his crew are some highly enthusiastic druids who have been recruiting people Gruffle has saved into their circles, and have even taught Gruffle how to wield a few weapons.

Second Character: Level 10 Longtooth Shifter Fighter
[Race Source: media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA_Eberron_v1.pdf ]

HP: 74 HP
AC: 18 (Half plate, +3 Dex, +2 From Shield)
Movement Speed: 30 Feet

Weapons of Choice: Longbow, Greatsword

Strength [18] = 15+1(Race)+2(ASI #2)
Dexterity [18] = 15+1(Race)+2(ASI #1)
Constitution [12]
Intelligence [11]
Wisdom [12]
Charisma [8]

ASI #1
Dex +2

ASI #2
Str +2

ASI #3
Feat: Medium Armor Master

Fighting Style: Archery & Great Weapon Fighting

Archetype: Champion

Background: Urchin

Skill Proficiency in Acrobatics, Athletics, Sleight of Hand, Stealth

Tool Proficiency in Disguise Kit, Thieves' tools

Short Backstory: The town of Krindorium was a giant racist potluck full of humans who believed they were better than everyone who was not their race. With guards not caring about the general exotic populace, drunkards simply strolled into poorer districts and beat many non-humans up as a joke. The Narwalled people generally had no reason for names and thus Krindor had given himself the same name of the town, just for the spiteful reason to forever remember the town so he could seek his revenge on those who murdered his parents on a random weekend night. Living on the street, the child joined a gang for a long time. Without it, humans likely would have simply stomped him to death too, but instead he was able to rob and live off of humans who did no good to any of the "lower" races. Eventually, Krindor found out that humans held tournaments by nobles to deem the strongest warriors in regions. Entering one and winning in all categories, Krindor was actually banished for the feat and charged with cheating as no mere Shifter could actually pull off such a thing. Therefore, instead of leaving, Krindor made it his goal to win every tournament in different names every year to shame the noblemen and humans of the country. A few people from other cities noticed the occurrence, and supported Krindor from the shadows to ensure the bad name of the city and the town's populace slowly grew to hate the leaders of the town. In the end, one of Krindor's supporters came over and simply bopped the leader of town in the head and took over. Since, Krindor has been given a head guardsmen position in a larger town, which he mainly uses to ensure the safety of non-humans since the majority of the guard pays attention to the more human related crime. A particular woman has seen this cause as great, and started by aiding Krindor but has sense married the Longtooth. Krindorium has also been re-named to make the bad name less often spoken, as many think of the abuse of non-humans when they say Krindorium.

JNAProductions
2015-11-25, 10:10 PM
You know, on second thought, it's probably not needed to have someone else make characters for them. The player can make their own characters.

That being said, thank you all for contributing, and I'll be posting a link to the Genealogy game once I make the Recruitment thread for it, ifin' any of you are interested in playing.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?463990-Genealogy-5E&p=20120731#post20120731