PDA

View Full Version : Spell Fangs Booster

RolandDeschain
2015-11-25, 08:04 PM
Okay, so I know it's not the most optimal spell(actually not even close), but I can't help but want to have my wizard use this spell just once in combat.

Ferocity of Sanguine Rage seems to work as a booster for the Spell Fangs spell, what else does the playground have to offer. Sonorous Hum seems to be in order as well. Also, would Maximize Spell or Empower Spell work with Spell Fangs?

Thanks in advance.

Blackhawk748
2015-11-25, 08:12 PM
Combat Reflexes could be great with this, also just about anything that boost natural attacks should work here. The problem is i think most of those are in the Druid list.....

Also Maximize and Empower should bith work, though i dont think either are really worth it, unless its on a Rod.

RolandDeschain
2015-11-25, 09:18 PM
Hmmm....hadn't thought of that.

Perhaps a Heroics spell for Combat Reflexes. Thanks for the idea!

As far as "worth it" goes, let's be honest, none of it is really worth it - I just want to do it :)

I need to look up how a Maximized Empowered Spell Fangs would actually work.

Blackhawk748
2015-11-25, 11:49 PM
It would be 11, Max it to 6+2 add 3 from Empower

RolandDeschain
2015-11-26, 09:33 AM
I doesn't effect the 2d6 damage does it? I'm pretty sure it doesn't because it's not spell damage, so I'm still looking for spells to add to the damage. I'm pretty sure I can hit with all eleven attacks, so the more multipliers/rider effects I have going the better.

Again, I know none of this is very effective, but I want to create one of those moments at the table where everybody sits back and goes, "Whhhaaaat?" LoL

Blackhawk748
2015-11-26, 10:19 AM
I doesn't effect the 2d6 damage does it? I'm pretty sure it doesn't because it's not spell damage, so I'm still looking for spells to add to the damage. I'm pretty sure I can hit with all eleven attacks, so the more multipliers/rider effects I have going the better.

Again, I know none of this is very effective, but I want to create one of those moments at the table where everybody sits back and goes, "Whhhaaaat?" LoL

It would not as that is a Natural Attack. Im trying to remember the name of the spell that adds Fire Damage to your Natural Attacks.

Haste as always is good.

RolandDeschain
2015-11-26, 10:33 AM
Blades of Fire sounds like it would apply...

Waddacku
2015-11-26, 12:39 PM
One obvious thing comes to mind: Persist it.

RolandDeschain
2015-11-26, 01:24 PM
One obvious thing comes to mind: Persist it.

Sure, sure, but it kind spoils the element of surprise :smallbiggrin:

RolandDeschain
2015-11-27, 12:41 PM
I should mention that we are/will be fighting a horde of vile constructs. Anything there that would help?

Blackhawk748
2015-11-27, 05:15 PM
I should mention that we are/will be fighting a horde of vile constructs. Anything there that would help?

The Spell that lets your Crit Constructs would be nice. Its in the Spell Compendium, but i cant remember what its called.