PDA

View Full Version : Threads looked at/not looked at.

ufo
2007-06-05, 10:38 AM
I'm experiencing problems with threads randomly coming up as read or not read. I have clicked no buttons that would do anything like that.

For example, the other day when I got home from school and checked the boards. In SMBG, even the topmost thread was shown as read, even though it was a different last poster than last night I went to bed. And a thread I posted in had a new last poster, but was shown as read, even though I was the last person posting in it before I went to bed. This is rather frustrating, 'cause I'm experiencing more and more hours per day that goes I cannot check these boards and get a message that the site is temporarily unavailable.

I see that of course even with the number of features that's disabled that the forums can be slow, but direct inaccesability, that's insane.

Kitya
2007-06-05, 11:25 AM
I've been having the same problem as well. Glad it's not just me.

HempRope
2007-06-05, 12:10 PM
Explanation from a previous thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2623562&postcount=12) (Click the link in the upper right hand corner to see the entire discussion.)

ufo
2007-06-05, 12:30 PM
Though, this thread keeps displaying as not read even though this is the third time I look in it with no new reply, and I have not logged out logged out..

EDIT: Even after I posted this, it's still unread...

Ramos
2007-06-05, 12:40 PM
You might want to look into the cookies options of your PC. Since read/unread is based on cookies for now, some cookie options might have impact on what you see as read/unread.

Rawhide
2007-06-05, 03:11 PM
This behaviour is normal for all cookies based boards, not just vbulletin. Closing this thread in favour of the other one.