PDA

View Full Version : Tenacious D!

theKOT
2007-06-05, 02:20 PM
I just saw Pick of destiny (I'm behind the times, I know) and it was hilarious, the music was awesome.... Just a great movie.

I've been a D fan for a while now and was just wondering if there were any others out there.

For those who don't know what Tenacious D is, here's the "Tribute" video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=R70V1Yz-dZ4), definitely their best music video and arguable their best song. Definitely the most popular.

zeratul
2007-06-05, 02:22 PM
My favourite song of theirs is the karate song.

Acco Spoot
2007-06-05, 02:37 PM
Beezleboss (The Final Showdown) is one of, if not, their best song, the drum beat near the beggining of the Devils song is, as he says "f***ing tasty!!!" Anyways.

There's also Audacious P, the Tenacious D tribute band, created by Corey Taylor, the same front man for Stone Sour and Slipknot, or so I've heard.

Beezleboss (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWhe62CNeEE)

TENACIOUS D!!!! Wooh!

Were-Sandwich
2007-06-05, 02:47 PM
Tenacious D are made of win. that is all

Closet_Skeleton
2007-06-05, 03:09 PM
Tenacious D are made of win. that is all

Equal parts win and awesome, to quote someone obscure on these forums.

Mc. Lovin'
2007-06-05, 03:20 PM
Tenacious D are AWESOME!!! My favourite song by them is Double team.

I want Jesus ranch!

Damon
2007-06-05, 03:27 PM
I would have to go with Beelzeboss. Yet I'm a huge fan of all of their songs.

The D is the best.

Icewalker
2007-06-05, 06:27 PM
Tribute is an amazing song, yeah.

Good stuff. Haven't seen the movie.

theKOT
2007-06-05, 06:35 PM
Tribute is an amazing song, yeah.

Good stuff. Haven't seen the movie.

I highly recommend it. I was a bit trepidatious beforehand but the movie delivers everything you could want.

BDO
2007-06-05, 07:06 PM
I'll go with the classic interpretation/impromptu on the promenade. Just too awesome to describe!

Umbral_Arcanist
2007-06-06, 03:47 PM
I like them, however i felt the movie (and their music in general) is rather uneven, some of it quite good (nothing classic really though) other songs rather forgettable.

Neon Knight
2007-06-06, 04:10 PM
Tenacious D rules.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-06-06, 05:39 PM
I need to see the movie. Me likes Tenacious D. :smallbiggrin:

FdL
2007-06-06, 09:08 PM
Ok, just because I'm a neutral druid and I believe in balance as a force of nature, I'm going to bring a different perspective to the thread with my opinion.

I don't like them.

I don't really think they're funny or real music. I think they're a novelty/comedy act, the likes of which I personally dislike (same with Adam Sandler and other similar stuff). Maybe it's just me but I can't find much to enjoy in that sort of fratboy humour, besides a dumb laugh the first time you hear it.

Done.

Deckmaster
2007-06-07, 12:14 PM
They may be a novelty act, but they are pretty good musicians and their music is just fun to listen to. If you take music too seriously, of course you won't like them.

My favorite is Wonderboy. But I agree Tribute is awesome and Beezleboss is one of their best.

Timberwolf
2007-06-07, 12:17 PM
I don't take music that seriously at all and I understand what Tenacious D are about, but they fail to amuse me at all. I must be strange.

Were-Sandwich
2007-06-07, 01:20 PM
Different strokes for different folks.

GolemsVoice
2007-06-07, 01:28 PM
Well, I must admit I never really heard any of their stuff, I jsut got told the jokes by people who said it was fantastic, but I somehow don't like them. What I heard of them sounded like "Haha, look at us, we are funny, not like those serious musicians." Maybe my opinion is wrong (I fear it is) but I just don't like them.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-06-07, 02:51 PM
Well, I must admit I never really heard any of their stuff, I jsut got told the jokes by people who said it was fantastic, but I somehow don't like them. What I heard of them sounded like "Haha, look at us, we are funny, not like those serious musicians." Maybe my opinion is wrong (I fear it is) but I just don't like them.

Which is odd, because a lot of their humour comes from being rediculously serious.

0wca
2007-06-12, 05:54 PM
Tenacius D - above mere mortals.

And the music in the film is GENIUS! It fits the movie soooo well!!

Quote:

JB:"I can't reach the button!"
KG:"The ****! USE THE ****!"

haahahhaha :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

Dib
2007-06-23, 03:54 PM
Anyone seen em live? When I went it was more like a play than a concert... still rocked though :smallamused:

Tiben
2007-06-23, 11:10 PM
Ya the D rock, I have to say I'm partial to Kickapoo though

Bayar
2007-09-24, 12:05 PM
All the D's songs Rock. The movie is too sweet and the video Pick of destiny(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L7NBU4krAw) made me wanna tattoo the pick on my arm (of course I didnt).

Also, My favourite is Car Chase City.

The 6th Side
2007-09-24, 12:24 PM
Okay guys, gather around, its time for a sing song :smallbiggrin:

Cause it's the Pick of Destiny child,
you know we will be rockin' cause it's ****in' insane.
It's just the Pick of Destiny child,
More precious than a diamond on a platinum chain...

Maestro
2007-09-24, 12:25 PM
In Venice Beach there was a man named Kage.
When he buskin he was all the rage.
He met Jables and he taught him well.
All the techniques that were developed in hell.
****-pushups and the power slide.
Gig simulation now there's nowhere to hide.
They formed a band they named Tenacious D.
and then they got the Pick Of Destiny.

Mc. Lovin'
2007-09-24, 12:26 PM
Cause it's the Pick of Destiny child,
you know we will be rockin' cause it's ****in' insane.
It's just the Pick of Destiny child,
our tasty moves are better than a chicken chow mein.

ranger89
2007-09-24, 12:42 PM
Tenacious D rocks! :smallcool:

Anyone seen em live? When I went it was more like a play than a concert... still rocked though :smallamused:

I saw them live about 6 years ago. Fantastic show that was definitely more concert than play. The highlight was actually meeting Jack Black and Kyle Gass afterwards. Nice guys.

2007-09-24, 04:41 PM
The D is the only band in the world with a saxaboom.

This makes them better than your favorite band, and your mom, all at once.

That is all.

Rowanomicon
2007-09-24, 04:46 PM
Tenacious D Rocks! The movie was awesome too.

LCR
2007-09-24, 04:46 PM
Tenacious D is weird/funny and their music is okay, but it's nothing I'd actually listen to.

ray53208
2007-09-25, 07:25 AM
the d rules all! all hail the d and bow down before them!

honestly, they rock, all my friends and i can listen to them over and over again. we usually save it up for road trips and rock out on the road.

im just talkin' about the road...

2007-09-25, 11:32 AM
I think there are people who get Tenacious D, and therefor will defend them to the death and always laud them as the greatest band in all the omniverse...

And then people who don't get it. They may think its funny or kinda cool, but it just dosn't click for them. Which is fine, but I'm sure it annoys them to see the people who do get the D always ranting about how shazbot they are.

ranger89
2007-09-25, 11:37 AM
Out of curiosity, how many D fans here have never seen their original, short-lived HBO show from the late 90s? My love the D stems from watching the HBO episodes endlessly for over a year. If I had only heard their music, I'm sure I'd still like them but probably not nearly as much as I do.

ray53208
2007-09-25, 03:45 PM
the mister show show was hit or miss. but the d were always funny... except for when they were gross, but even then it was still kinda funny.

2007-09-25, 06:30 PM
Out of curiosity, how many D fans here have never seen their original, short-lived HBO show from the late 90s? My love the D stems from watching the HBO episodes endlessly for over a year. If I had only heard their music, I'm sure I'd still like them but probably not nearly as much as I do.

Oh yeah. Thats how I found out about them. I bought their complete master works to see it again.