PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder New Arcanist Archetype: Tarroh Student

Rumo
2015-11-26, 06:45 AM
Hi,

I noticed that just a few days ago, the D20PFSRD-site published a new Archetype for the Arcanist: The Tarroh Student (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/arcanist/archetypes/paizo---arcanist-archetypes/tarroh-student-arcanist-archetype). Being an owner of the Harrower card set, I find this to be quite an interesting option, although losing Consume Spells hurts quite a bit. But there are two questions on my part:

- Is this Archetype official? I cannot find it at any other source, including the official Paizo website. On the other hand, I would expect D20PFSRD to mark it as homebrew, if it is just some fan-made stuff.

- What's the point of gaining Psychic Sensitivity as an Arcanist, who as far as I understand does not have the ability to cast psychic spells? I don't suppose that the odd psychic divination spell that can be obtained from level 5 on counts here?

Recherché
2015-11-26, 07:47 AM
-According to the copyright at the bottom of the page, the archetype is ftom Occult Origins which is a relatively new Paizo product. D20pfsrd may have renamed it though; sometimes they change names for copyright reasons.

-Psychic Sensitivity lets people without psychic spellcasting use occult skill unloaded. So it is actually useful.

Rumo
2015-11-26, 08:12 AM
That's very helpful, thank you! So it will be Asenath Waite, Tarroh Student...