PDA

View Full Version : Was redcloak right?

Professor Tanhauser
2007-06-05, 03:50 PM
When RC was talking about how miko was unnatural because she had no fear, and that having no fear kept paladins from fearing they may be wrong, was he onto something there?

Just might be, the way things look now.

BTW, when miko fell, did she get fear back? She hasn't seemed to show any.

(This was a topic idea that came to me and I wanted to get it in before the inevitable ban.)

Lord Zentei
2007-06-05, 03:52 PM
When RC was talking about how miko was unnatural because she had no fear, and that having no fear kept paladins from fearing they may be wrong, was he onto something there?

(This was a topic idea that came to me and I wanted to get it in before the inevitable ban.)

Well, seeing as the other paladins are generally sane, I'd say "no, probably not".

As for her getting her fear back; it remains to be seen as yet. Paladin or not, she is still a high-level character.

Netherwood
2007-06-05, 03:54 PM
Megalomania is not conducive to fear.

Professor Tanhauser
2007-06-05, 04:00 PM

{Scrubbed. - P.S. The Infraction wasn't from me, which should have been apparent on the face of it. In fact, of the numerous Infractions you've accrued only the first one was from me.}

EyethatBinds
2007-06-05, 04:43 PM
I personally assume that when the book says a paladin is immune to fear it means they are immune to the game effects of fear. A paladin might be afriad for his life, his loved ones, or even the world in general but won't let that fear stand in his way.
Miko may have assumed that since she couldn't be stopped by fear she didn't actually feel it. Hubris is a herald of egotism and the cuase of Miko's fall.

Rincewind
2007-06-05, 04:47 PM

Haven't you been banned yet?

Anyhow, of course Redcloak was right. He's always right.