PDA

View Full Version : HYPERDEF: a D20 Futurish RPG I'm working on

illazrion
2015-11-26, 09:25 AM
Hey everyone! I have a little RPG here called Hyperdef. I would really like some feedback and suggestions so please let me know what you think.:smallsmile:

https://www.pinterest.com/illazrion/hyperdef/

Or view as pdf: https://www.mediafire.com/?5gd5o9j7bb2fw5d

JNAProductions
2015-11-26, 01:40 PM
Why are the women scantily clad?

Dionon
2015-11-26, 08:39 PM
If this were a PDF I might look at it. Not saying it's bad, but I'm not a fan of Pintrest...

illazrion
2015-11-27, 01:21 PM
If this were a PDF I might look at it. Not saying it's bad, but I'm not a fan of Pintrest...

Here ya go:smallsmile:

https://www.mediafire.com/?5gd5o9j7bb2fw5d

Dionon
2015-11-27, 10:28 PM
Big complaint I have is that many times you have "X Ability from Y book page Z" I know it might be a hassle, but, especially since this seems to be a D20 Future supplement and you have stuff from the 3.5 Player's Handbook inside, you might want to write down everything so people don't have to go scrounging around in different books trying to find what you're talking about.

Other than that, and a table snafu on page 2, I like this.

illazrion
2015-11-27, 11:01 PM
Big complaint I have is that many times you have "X Ability from Y book page Z" I know it might be a hassle, but, especially since this seems to be a D20 Future supplement and you have stuff from the 3.5 Player's Handbook inside, you might want to write down everything so people don't have to go scrounging around in different books trying to find what you're talking about.

Other than that, and a table snafu on page 2, I like this.

Yeah it's very rough at the moment and what I'm basically looking for is advice on whether the basic framework is sound. I will include all the ability descriptions once I'm satisfied with it. I just never liked the D20 future/modern character creation stuff. I am however a big fan of the D20 rules set. Do you think the "generic" way characters are made is ok or should I add a bit more structure(ie some sort of base classes or at the very least archetypes to choose from). I have several base classes laid out and I'm working on an archetype system as well.

Dionon
2015-11-28, 12:30 PM
As one of the head writers of a Classless system (Bleach d20 Classless (http://bleachd20.proboards.com)), I'm not the best one to ask that. But in my opinion your system is pretty sound. It's got just enough customization that I can see alot of character archtypes being built. I'd like to see a fully classless system, but, I can attest to how Hard it is to balance something like that. Even we haven't balanced it yet, and we're about 5 years in...

illazrion
2015-11-28, 10:25 PM
As one of the head writers of a Classless system (Bleach d20 Classless (http://bleachd20.proboards.com)), I'm not the best one to ask that. But in my opinion your system is pretty sound. It's got just enough customization that I can see alot of character archtypes being built. I'd like to see a fully classless system, but, I can attest to how Hard it is to balance something like that. Even we haven't balanced it yet, and we're about 5 years in...

That's very nice!:smallsmile: I especially like your skill system. I have struggled with finding a good balance of freedom and order. I don't want everyone taking the same skills just because they are the best ones but the whole point is to give people the ability to make whatever character they want. Your skill system is short and to the point. I have been wanting to make some kind of "skill set" that is picked at character creation. What I ultimately need is playtesting to see what works and what does not in actual gameplay.

Dionon
2015-11-28, 10:28 PM
Well thanks for the compliments. In all honesty, the Maximum Ranks thing is good, but it's not perfect. Honestly I like Pathfinder's Skill Point allocation better. Your level is your Max Ranks and you gain a +3 bonus to all trained class skills. Or if this were your system, your Trained Skills.

tsj
2015-11-30, 01:38 PM
Very nice project. .

A few things to correct :

A) The Fraal race seem to be missing information such as for example their LA

B) Critical hits are spelled wrong consistently unless a Crytical hit is a new system you are using in hyper definitely, in that case it needs introduction and rulesee in the PDF.

I really like the AI race.

Personally I am not a fan of the 3 generic d20 future like approach to classes but that is more a question of personal preference than anything else.

illazrion
2015-12-01, 12:00 PM
Very nice project. .

A few things to correct :

A) The Fraal race seem to be missing information such as for example their LA

B) Critical hits are spelled wrong consistently unless a Crytical hit is a new system you are using in hyper definitely, in that case it needs introduction and rulesee in the PDF.

I really like the AI race.

Personally I am not a fan of the 3 generic d20 future like approach to classes but that is more a question of personal preference than anything else.

AH thanks. The remainder of the Fraal stat block is trapped in the little red plus sign in indesign which I missed somehow. All I can say is whoops on the crytical thing (smh). This is a very early version that needs plenty of refinement. I'd like suggestions on how to improve or expand the system.