PDA

View Full Version : Gish Help Feats and Items

Nosta
2015-11-26, 09:37 AM
I have a
Level 20 Abjurant champion style gish mixed with sorcerer and combined with dusk Blade
and I like to know what feats I should take at what level
normal feat progression + 1 for being human + DM gave us 2 bonus feat

also I need to know what enchamentment to out on my great sword

can some one help?

RolandDeschain
2015-11-26, 09:55 AM
You're bound to get much better suggestions than this, but Arcane Strike is a solid GISH feat. Add that to the spells that you're channeling through your weapon and you've got a good start.

This is a good read as well: GISH HANDBOOK (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?321715-The-Gish-Handbook)

Nosta
2015-11-26, 10:14 AM
You're bound to get much better suggestions than this, but Arcane Strike is a solid GISH feat. Add that to the spells that you're channeling through your weapon and you've got a good start.

This is a good read as well: GISH HANDBOOK (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?321715-The-Gish-Handbook)

do you know what would be some good spells to use Persistent Spell with for a gish build
I have wraith-strike and I don't need things like bull strength cause of my belt

RolandDeschain
2015-11-26, 10:55 AM
If you're playing with action points, Unfettered Heroism is glorious if you can Persist for free.

Pluto!
2015-11-26, 11:31 AM
Duskblade/Sorcerer seems like a build that would have a few issues. What's your actual level breakdown? If you're looking for feat suggestions, that's going to help.

Anyway, generic gish feats:
Combat Casting you're probably getting from DB, but it's mandatory for Abjurant Champion, so we can assume it's there.
Arcane Strike (CWar) is just okay, but it's pretty reasonable filler.
Practiced Spellcaster (CArc) is usually a requirement, just since level-based effects and dispels exist. If you're starting at high levels, it will matter less since your durations will be alright even without it, but the feat's still solid.
Minor Shapeshift (CMage) is an extra 20 HP a round, which is pretty worthwhile.
Knowledge Devotion (CChamp) is usually a staple of Duskblades since it's like free attack and damage. If you aren't prioritizing Intelligence, it's less great.
Law Devotion (CChamp) is normally a feat I try to fit onto Sorcerer builds if they have a source of Turn Undead from Sacred Exorcist (CDiv) or similar. The numbers are just so big.

After that, I'd typically go for generic combat feats like Power Attack, Combat Reflexes or Improved Initiative, just because they're good feats.

EDIT:
If you're going the Persistent Spell route, pretty much any "Swift __" spell will typically be a good Persist choice - Swift Fly and Bladeweave (both CAdv) come to mind.