PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need some Multiclassing Help!

Punkandcannon
2015-11-26, 02:09 PM
So I need to transfer my 2nd edition Natural Born Human Berserker-Werewolf to 3.5. This is my first time posting, and I haven't been playing D&D very long, so I could use some help.

Here are my base stats as a human in 2nd edition at my current level of 3, not including any berserker or werewolf attributes.

15 str
11 wis
8 int
12 dex
13 con
9 cha

HP: 30
AC: 17

Proficient with Greatswords and Longblades
Non-Weapon- Blind-fighting, Direction Sense, and Tracking

What more would you like to know, what will my stats and everything else looks like after everything is added and 3.5 stuff is included also? I've not yet played 3.5 so I don't quite know what's going on.

nyjastul69
2015-11-26, 02:25 PM
There is a 2e to 3e conversion manual. It's in .pdf form and I don't know how to link to it directly. This (https://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&ei=fFlXVreeEcjsmAGrtamIDA&q=3.0+conversion&oq=3.0+con&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.0.0l3j0i22i30l2.9340.18336.0.19901.14.10.3.3. 3.0.219.1208.1j8j1.10.0....0...1.1.64.mobile-gws-hp..0.14.990.3.T5xpzq2AtOc#q=3.0+conversion+docume nt+D%26DD) is a Google of the document. It's on WotC's site I believe. You might want to use it to start your conversion.

Dharenis
2015-11-26, 02:43 PM
No matter how you decide to convert/make the character, you will want to familiarize yourself with the PHB (specifically Humans, Barbarians most likely (they have the survival skill if you're intent on keeping tracking and direction sense), skills, and feats). Once you have done that you can work on adding the lycanthropy (werewolf) template from the Monster Manual. I absolutely suggest doing all of this with your DM because not only may you not understand a lot of it thoroughly enough the first time and thus do it incorrectly, but adding the template increases your power significantly over other characters in the short term and your DM may need to limit it or otherwise talk with you about it.
I also suggest asking your DM about letting you rework your character in a few levels again once you're more familiar with the system, as you'll have a better idea of what you want your character to become and you'll also be getting into prestige classes around levels 5-6 as well.

Bronk
2015-11-27, 08:05 PM
So I need to transfer my 2nd edition Natural Born Human Berserker-Werewolf to 3.5. This is my first time posting, and I haven't been playing D&D very long, so I could use some help.

Here are my base stats as a human in 2nd edition at my current level of 3, not including any berserker or werewolf attributes.

15 str
11 wis
8 int
12 dex
13 con
9 cha

HP: 30
AC: 17

Proficient with Greatswords and Longblades
Non-Weapon- Blind-fighting, Direction Sense, and Tracking

What more would you like to know, what will my stats and everything else looks like after everything is added and 3.5 stuff is included also? I've not yet played 3.5 so I don't quite know what's going on.

Here's my suggestion, working with your DM of course.

First, check to see if you can reroll your stats with one of the methods mentioned in the players handbook. It can't hurt to ask. Either way, apply them to a base human using the rules in the players handbook to get started. I think a regular barbarian matches your berserker class pretty well, since it gets the strength boost in the same way, can use all martial weapons, and only misses out on the direction sense. You can take 'track' as a feat, so that's covered too.

Next, werewolves are a lycanthrope template in 3.5, which is a set of stat adjustments and powers that overlay your human's stats.

The general rules for templates are found here:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#acquiredAndInheritedTemplate s

And the templates for werewolves are found here:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm

However, there's no way a normal third level character can be a werewolf in this way... you would have 3 levels in barbarian, 2 wolf racial hit dice, and a +3 level adjustment, and be the equivalent of an 8th level character.

You could get around this by taking one level of barbarian, and two of the online werewolf template class found here:

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a

... or some combination like that.