PDA

View Full Version : Hana-Kimi!

Yo_Landa
2007-06-05, 09:35 PM
Well, for one, I LOVED the manga and when I heard about the Chinese Drama based off of it, I immediately went and downloaded it!

FELL IN LOVE!

It is the most hilarious drama that I have ever seen! All the actors are very good (the lead female is played by Ella from S.H.E. and two of the main guys are from the band Fahrenheit!) I'll give a plot synopsis for anyone who's interested:

Basically, there's this girl who sees a boy on television high jumping and she thinks that he is the most amazing person ever. She wants to meet him and be with him and watch him jump, so she vows to enter the same school as him. Unfortunately, he goes to an all boys school so she (Rui Xi) has to dress up as a boy to be accepted into the school. She looks very tomboyish but she has to try quite hard to keep her female identity a secret. Along the way, she meets many friends and encounters many hardships but still wants to stay by the side of her high jumping idol.

Quite a few twists along the way!

Anyone else seen this show or interested? In my opinion, it's very good. Many hot boys as well! *drool*

Closet_Skeleton
2007-06-06, 02:18 AM
I tend to switch off at most Shoujo Manga, but the plot sounds familiar. Then again, I'm probably confusing it with something else.

I'm betting the chinese drama doesn't own the rights, knowing the precedent (ie Meteor Garden) for non-japan live action adaptations of Shoujo manga.

Artemician
2007-06-06, 04:03 AM
It was airing on television a while ago, and frankly, I never liked it. It felt too much like just another Hong Kong TV serial, so I would change the channel whenever it came on.

Yo_Landa
2007-06-07, 08:14 PM
Haha...my mom thought the title was stupid. She was like, "'Shao nian' already covers boys and girls! Saying 'shao nui' is redundant!"