PDA

View Full Version : Building Rick Sanchez

Dark Ass4ssin 1
2015-11-27, 01:09 AM
So a friend of mine, and a rather experienced DM, decided to start a new high level campaign.He through out the idea of a campaign in whick we try to accurately portray some famous character using the classes and various templates in 5e to do so.

So I decided to build Rick Sanchez an alcoholic genius and scientists from the show Rick and Morty. My problem is properly fluffing out the character, details like alignment and background continue to bother me. I feel as though wizard would be the best option to replicate what Rick does, but what spells, school do I specialize in, and what feats to take. (I have decided that warcaster will be a mandate for this build.)
18 (Int. Duh)

Ninja_Prawn
2015-11-27, 12:06 PM
My problem is properly fluffing out the character, details like alignment and background continue to bother me. I feel as though wizard would be the best option to replicate what Rick does, but what spells, school do I specialize in, and what feats to take.

So... I've never seen Rick and Morty, but no one has replied to this thread and I was feeling sorry for you, so I googled it and formed an opinion.

Alignment
So he's clearly an alcoholic. That seems to be a headline item. Classically, alcoholism skews people's behaviour towards chaotic, though that wouldn't necessarily have to be reflected in the character's stated alignment. Especially if he were to enroll in a 12-step programme or similar. However, I note from the wiki (http://rickandmorty.wikia.com/wiki/Rick_Sanchez) that he once said that love is "just a chemical reaction that compels animals to breed". If this is indicative of a wider worldview of 'this character believes there is no order to anything, including their own life', you would have to say they were Chaotic something. He also "does not do well with routine" and abandoned his family for 14 years, apparently without any angst, which aren't things a Lawful character would be likely to do.

On the Good/Evil side, there isn't as much evidence. He "eschews love" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_and_Morty), "considers himself wholly superior to [his family and presumably everyone else]" and he "murders anyone who crosses him". Those all lean towards Evil, but not having seen the character in action, I don't think they're sufficient to convict him.

What else? "Rick has the tendency to be possessive and dominating of Morty"... that's also Evil - it's a classic situation of 'something that should be positive (in this case familial love) being corrupted into something negative'. That's what happens when you're Evil.

Oh, just hit this: "Rick has trouble taking orders from others, is very anti authoritarian, and seems to dislike people with authority and government officials." 100% Chaotic.

"Rick demonstrates almost no concern for the feelings of others or the consequences of his actions".

He's Chaotic Evil, man. Nothing else is going to fit.

Arcane Tradition
There's very little info on the wikis about what this guy actually does... it sounds like he mostly invents devices? My gut feeling is Conjuration is the best fit (assuming core rules only) - the character 'conjures' ideas and creates physical objects (not illusions of psychic effects). I mean, he's not a Necromancer, is he? Not an Evoker or Diviner. Plus I've noticed a few references to inter-dimensional travel, which falls mostly under the Conjuration blanket.

Mr.Moron
2015-11-27, 01:47 PM
Rick is definitely Chaotic Evil. He sells weapons to assassins, kills for fun, kills for convince, kills to prove points, has committed genocide on the scale of trillions, owns slaves, imprisons people, takes advantage of the poor and homeless, he's racist, violates the minds of others, steals, on and on and on.

Trickshaw
2015-11-27, 01:48 PM
I'm a huge R&M fan.

Rick is Chaotic Good through and through. He loves his family but has no qualms telling them all to shut the **** up if they're acting dumb. He was away from his daughter for 14 years because he was busy fighting a war against the totalitarian galactic government with his "rebel" friends. So it's not like he was intentionally a dead beat dad.

Chaotic Evil people aren't typically freedom fighters.

He loves his daughter, and his grand kids but he had to stay away to protect them. This is reinforced with the season 2 finale. Don't worry, I won't post spoilers. He doesn't randomly murder people. Not sure where the previous poster got that from? He's not racist either. Again, not sure where that came from. I mean, he happily had sex with a hive mind that took over an entire planets population.

It's more like he has a lack of respect for social taboos since he views them as intellectually prohibitive.

He's definitely selfish but self sacrifices when it counts. He does indeed eschew love but at the same time desires it. He's basically the embodiment of what most scientists wish they could be or at least how they wish they could act: he has zero tolerance for stupidity and relishes in any opportunity to use science to show how re****ed people can be/are.

Rick is practicality incarnate.

Play him as such.

Max intelligence and invest liberally into wisdom. Skilled and Lucky are feats that I would take. Using Skilled to flesh out your tool kits with thieves tools, search and disable. Who needs rogues when you got Rick around?

Finally I'd also go with conjuration or transmutation. Both fit Rick's forte.

Levism84
2015-11-27, 01:55 PM
I have to agree with Conjuration on this one. If he is a wizard, he is more than likely a Conjurer. However, maybe look at Artificer from Unearthed Arcana: Eberron, and reskin some of the items the Artificer can create as scientific tools.

As far as alignment goes, I would strongly lean towards unaligned as opposed to Chaotic Evil. Rick, for all intents and purposes, is a sociopath (albeit, a highly functioning one). The Monster Manual states "Many creatures of low intelligence have no comprehension of law or chaos, good or evil. They don't make moral or ethical choices, but rather act on instinct. These creatures are unaligned, which means they don't have an alignment."

I would argue Rick's intelligence is so high (in combination with being a sociopath) that he acts purely on instinct. Sure, he helps Morty, but the overwhelming majority of the time, he is merely responding to the actions and nagging of others. If he weren't so incredibly intelligent and able to process information so quickly, he would probably be unable to anticipate the future beyond a limited amount of time and would be unable to successfully perform activities of daily living.

In fact, the only reason he seems to show genuine concern for Morty is because ALL Ricks have a Morty, whose proximity helps to disguise Rick's unique brain waves. This may be the primary reason Rick shows any sort of concern for anyone else, not because he legitimately cares about Morty's feelings but because keeping Morty happy makes it easier for Rick to get his work done.

Mr.Moron
2015-11-27, 02:04 PM
I'm a huge R&M fan.

Rick is Chaotic Good through and through. He loves his family but has no qualms telling them all to shut the **** up if they're acting dumb. He was away from his daughter for 14 years because he was busy fighting a war against the totalitarian galactic government with his "rebel" friends. So it's not like he was intentionally a dead beat dad.

Chaotic Evil people aren't typically freedom fighters.

What? In half the episodes Rick is committing crimes against humanity.

He keeps an entire planet of people as slaves to power his car under threat of annihilation of their entire universe.
He built an experimental amusement park inside a homeless addict.
He made his grandson a mind control drug so he could rape his high school crush, which subsequently destroyed the planet.
He's an arms dealer for Krombopulous Michael.
He's beaten law enforcement officers to death.
He's shot people just because it seemed like it would be sort of fun.

We only even have it on his and Birdman's word that their "Freedom" fight is something of any value. We've seen very little of the Galatic Empire or any signs of wrongdoing or poor leadership on their part. In fact he's stated his entire reason for fighting them is that he just doesn't like guys who think they're in charge of everything. Not that they mistreat the citizens, or that they're corrupt, or that they oppress minority groups. He rebels against them simply because they have and enforce rules at all.

As far as alignment goes, I would strongly lean towards unaligned as opposed to Chaotic Evil. Rick, for all intents and purposes, is a sociopath (albeit, a highly functioning one). The Monster Manual states "Many creatures of low intelligence have no comprehension of law or chaos, good or evil. They don't make moral or ethical choices, but rather act on instinct. These creatures are unaligned, which means they don't have an alignment."

No. He does what does because of his ego, because of greed or because he thinks it would be fun.

Rick is a fun, enjoyable character. His atrocities are entertaining and funny in the outlandish context of the world they've established for him to live in as a protagonist. However he's through and through evil, willingly even happily and enthusiastically hurting, killing and causing pain to others for his personal gain.

Connington
2015-11-27, 02:09 PM
Chaotic Evil and Chaotic Neutral are pretty much the only options for alignment. And honestly, a sort of light Chaotic Evil is probably most true to the character, but play what you feel comfortable with.

Rick Sanchez is definitely a wizard in DnD 5e terms. Probably specialized in Conjuration. You might want to consider the unearthed arcana covering Artificers, but it's a weaker option.

Racewise, I'll note that while Human is obvious, Deep Gnome gets you more Int, and access to a racial feat that essentially makes you immune to divination. Rick would approve (TINY RICK!). Eladrin gets an extra Misty Step that fits Rick's portal gun.

For background and skills: Taking the Retainers feature gives you a Morty, Summer, and Jerry to boss around. The Discovery feature might be good if you can fast-talk the GM into letting you use it for some trick to multi-versal travel. You need Arcana, proficiency with tinker tools, and I wouldn't neglect social skills.

Spells: Anything teleportation or dimension traveling spells are perfect, because portal gun. Beyond that, refer to the guide mentioned below.

General advice: Read Treant's Guide to Being God for 5e. It's got the perfect playstyle and the tone for Rick Sanchez.

Trickshaw
2015-11-27, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=Mr.Moron;20126930]

He keeps an entire planet of people as slaves to power his car under threat of annihilation of their entire universe.
He made his grandson a mind control drug so he could rape his high school crush, which subsequently destroyed the planet.

First off, he commits zero "crimes against humanity". A.) You have to be HUMAN in order for a crime to be "against humanity" B.) He SAVES humanity and is promptly made a hero by the U.S. government.

He didn't "keep slaves".

They weren't beaten or mistreated in ANY WAY. He created a universe, increased the flow of time until intelligent life developed, guided that intelligent life into civilization and provided them with technology that gave them clean renewable energy that he siphoned to power his car. In Rick's mind they're basically equivalent to a microbial fuel cell. Which is, in essence, exactly what they are.

If I shrunk you down, dropped you in the middle of said cell and you made nice nice with the microbes inside would you have issue with me throwing away said cell because you convinced the microbes I was using them for power? Probably. Would I be evil for doing so? I contest no, I would not. Your perspective may have changed but to me, they're still microbes.

By comparison, you would likewise have issue with brushing teeth since "cleansing" said microbes would also constitute genocide.

Rick isn't evil. It's all about PERSPECTIVE. Rick's perspective is on a universal scale. Ours is not.

To continue, he built an amusement park inside of a homeless man with his *consent* and was giving him regular health examinations to PROLONG his health and life. It wasn't until an employee knowingly unleashed Ebola that he died. A homeless man who had nothing left to contribute to society. It's not like he was keeping a young healthy CHILD locked up in a cage.

Again, perspective.

He didn't give Morty a mind control drug. It was alien pheromones. And Morty wasn't going to rape her. This assertion of yours tells me right away that any attempt of reasoning I might make with you is completely wasted. Because that perspective is not only alarmist but completely off base and exaggerated.

He develops weapons for Krom because, as he explicitly states, if Krom wants someone dead then they're gonna die anyway so why not make money off it? Again, perspective.

He didn't beat anyone to death. He, in fact, shot them. And they were galactic officers of said totalitarian government.

He didn't shoot anyone because he thought it "was fun". He was observing a "purge" and became, against his will, embroiled in said "purge". And yes, after the fact, he kind of enjoyed it but also got physically ill because it got "too real".

You know what else Rick did?

Saved the Earth (or one version of it) from death by "space AIDs".

Beat a man who was abusing a dog.

Beat a man who was holding a "God hates f*gs" sign.

Beat up a man for being a neo-nazi (not something racists do).

Stopped the devil from cursing people with enchanted items.

Saved a highschool from a vampire.

Saved the earth from annihilation in a galactic singing contest.

Knowingly threw himself to his death to save Morty (but survived in the end).

Willingly turned himself into the galactic government so his family could go back to their lives.

And that's just off the top of my head. He's done more. Way more. But just from that we can extrapolate that he has a kind heart, hates bigotry, loves his family and, in fact, cares about humanity though he likes to pretend he doesn't.

You have to remember, Rick has a UNIVERSAL mind set. He sees things differently. To him, we're ants. That's what Morty is there for. To remind Rick that even ants can matter.

Trickshaw
2015-11-27, 02:52 PM
However he's through and through evil, willingly even happily and enthusiastically hurting, killing and causing pain to others for his personal gain.

He's never done any of that.

Which makes me wonder what show you're watching because it ain't R&M.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-11-27, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE=Mr.Moron;20126930]

First off, he commits zero "crimes against humanity". A.) You have to be HUMAN in order for a crime to be "against humanity" B.) He SAVES humanity and is promptly made a hero by the U.S. government.

He didn't "keep slaves".

They weren't beaten or mistreated in ANY WAY. He created a universe, increased the flow of time until intelligent life developed, guided that intelligent life into civilization and provided them with technology that gave them clean renewable energy that he siphoned to power his car. In Rick's mind they're basically equivalent to a microbial fuel cell. Which is, in essence, exactly what they are.

If I shrunk you down, dropped you in the middle of said cell and you made nice nice with the microbes inside would you have issue with me throwing away said cell because you convinced the microbes I was using them for power? Probably. Would I be evil for doing so? I contest no, I would not. Your perspective may have changed but to me, they're still microbes.

By comparison, you would likewise have issue with brushing teeth since "cleansing" said microbes would also constitute genocide.

Rick isn't evil. It's all about PERSPECTIVE. Rick's perspective is on a universal scale. Ours is not.

To continue, he built an amusement park inside of a homeless man with his *consent* and was giving him regular health examinations to PROLONG his health and life. It wasn't until an employee knowingly unleashed Ebola that he died. A homeless man who had nothing left to contribute to society. It's not like he was keeping a young healthy CHILD locked up in a cage.

Again, perspective.

He didn't give Morty a mind control drug. It was alien pheromones. And Morty wasn't going to rape her. This assertion of yours tells me right away that any attempt of reasoning I might make with you is completely wasted. Because that perspective is not only alarmist but completely off base and exaggerated.

He develops weapons for Krom because, as he explicitly states, if Krom wants someone dead then they're gonna die anyway so why not make money off it? Again, perspective.

He didn't beat anyone to death. He, in fact, shot them. And they were galactic officers of said totalitarian government.

He didn't shoot anyone because he thought it "was fun". He was observing a "purge" and became, against his will, embroiled in said "purge". And yes, after the fact, he kind of enjoyed it but also got physically ill because it got "too real".

You know what else Rick did?

Saved the Earth (or one version of it) from death by "space AIDs".

Beat a man who was abusing a dog.

Beat a man who was holding a "God hates f*gs" sign.

Stopped the devil from cursing people with enchanted items.

Saved a highschool from a vampire.

Saved the earth from annihilation in a galactic singing contest.

Knowingly threw himself to his death to save Morty (but survived in the end).

Willingly turned himself into the galactic government so his family could go back to their lives.

And that's just off the top of my head. He's done more. Way more. But just from that we can extrapolate that he has a kind heart, hates bigotry, loves his family and, in fact, cares about humanity though he likes to pretend he doesn't.

You have to remember, Rick has a UNIVERSAL mind set. He sees things differently. To him, we're ants. That's what Morty is there for. To remind Rick that even ants can matter.

Part of me doesn't want to wade into this (especially not knowing the show), but a lot of what you say seems wrong.

Saving lives, even a lot of them, is not intrinsically good and does not make you good nor absolve you of sins.
Two wrongs don't make a right.
Slavery is always evil, even if you don't mistreat the slaves.
Killing people with guns is not automatically less evil than beating them to death.
"Having a universal perspective" does not excuse evil. Aboleths are still evil.
Evil people can still care about friends and family. And multiple sources seem to imply that Rick only cares about them for selfish reasons.

Trickshaw
2015-11-27, 03:23 PM
Part of me doesn't want to wade into this (especially not knowing the show), but a lot of what you say seems wrong.

Saving lives, even a lot of them, is not intrinsically good and does not make you good nor absolve you of sins.

I would argue it does.

Rick would argue it does not. Since Rick would likely agree with you... does that make you evil?

Two wrongs don't make a right.[/LIST]

Primitive and feeble reasoning IMO.

Slavery is always evil, even if you don't mistreat the slaves.

Slavery, BY DEFINITION, is servitude against one's will. This was not slavery. To constitute it as such would be akin to saying vaccines are a form of slavery and antibiotics are a form of genocide and those who develop or use either are thusly "evil".

Killing people with guns is not automatically less evil than beating them to death.

This has nothing to do with anything nor did I propose it as such. I made that explicit mention to point out that Moron wasn't remembering things correctly and therefore should entertain the possibility that since his details are wildly off in several areas that his impression is just as likely off.

"Having a universal perspective" does not excuse evil. Aboleths are still evil.

Humans have a greater perspective than that of rats and mice. Does that make humans evil? An exterminator is going to exterminate. If I develop a toxin that kills them more effectively, am I evil?

I'm sure to the rats I am.

Perspective.

Human perspective vs. Rat perspective.

Universal perspective vs. Global.

Evil people can still care about friends and family. And multiple sources seem to imply that Rick only cares about them for selfish reasons.

A.). Yes, they can, just like GOOD people can care less about their family. I was making the point since the first assertion was that Rick DID NOT care about his family which he very clearly does if one watched the series.

B.). What sources?

Look, I'm not saying Rick is a saint. I am saying to label the guy EVIL is grossly off base when given the actual CONTEXT of his shenanigans. Rick is essentially Dr. Who with copious amounts of alcohol, hallucinogens and sexual depravity involved. With a smattering of cussing and gratuitous absurdity.

Thematically and formulaically R&M is a blatant rip off of Dr. Who. Like blatant. I doubt many people would say Dr. Who is EVIL.

Dralnu
2015-11-27, 05:09 PM
Rick is anything but "Good." He's somewhere between Neutral and Evil. He has no issue stealing and mass-murdering for purely selfish reasons ("They're bureaucrats! I don't respect them!" and "Purging is fun!"). The only exception is that he'll help and protect his immediate family, which I don't think disqualifies him from being Evil, just makes him Evil with a little more depth. I'm sure Hitler was a nice guy to at least some of his immediate circles. He's also fine manipulating his family for self-gain and put them through horrors because he gets something out of it, or because he's lazy.

When Rick stops murdering people for kicks and shows compassion for people outside his immediate family (also remember he's using Morty as a "camouflage") then maybe he'll be something more than Chaotic Evil/Neutral.

Mr.Moron
2015-11-27, 05:59 PM
EDIT: Spoiler warning for all links in this post.
EDIT: Also NSFW, Language, Violence warnings for all links in this post.

I'm using "Humanity" is being used to mean "Entities with person hood" as English does not provide a good easy word to use here.

He didn't "keep slaves".

They're living, breathing people with complex emotional lives. They have thoughts, feelings aspirations and loved families. Please not here "Humanity" is being used to mean "Entities with personhood" as English does not offer particularly easy way of expressing this idea with regards to non-human periods. He now holds them under thread of exticting along with the rest of the universe

Morty: What are you doing rick? I'm pretty sure the battery's dead.
Rick: Oh you think so morty? <turns key, car starts>
Morty: Wait, huh? I don't get it.
Rick: Of course you don't, but zeep did. He know once I got back to my car one of two things was gonna happen. I was gonna have to toss a broken battery [their universe, containing trillions of sapient lives] or the battery wouldn't be broken
<switch to a pan over of distraught aliens laboring to provide power to rick's car>

Holy ****. Did you really mean to post this post? Like are you really putting this forward, publicly.. attached to your name? This is like a thing you're not ashamed to say?

A) It came from a Vole not an alien.

https://youtu.be/bsefgRxfFIQ

Rick: This will make whoever you smear this stuff on will fall in love you and only you forever. You happy now morty?
Morty: Heck Yeah

I'm not sure how else you can construct secretly give this drug to a woman, so she'll lose her free will and have sex with you as anything but rape.

W...w..w.w.w.w.w. what? This makes no sense. Just so everyone else can understand the context:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDr9axb7X7E

I'm talking about this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIolNCxxGfQ

Whose head they cave in on the workbench all of 2 minutes after the end of that clip. We also still have no evidence of anything the galatic empire has ever done wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j9x_vPefn8

https://youtu.be/vw9dsJ99J2g?t=47

But just from that we can extrapolate that he has a kind heart, hates bigotry, loves his family and, in fact, cares about humanity though he likes to pretend he doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdnkP5Szixs (this of course in reference to the memories morty has of him, not the subsequent destruction of the alien parasites)

Trickshaw
2015-11-27, 06:15 PM
I think every link you provided speaks for itself.

I legit see zero evil and, in fact, heard no less than two completely logical and "morally good" reasonings come straight from Rick's mouth.

And yes, I have zero qualms with anything I said to include what was said regarding the homeless guy. I still think your delicate sensibilities are running overdrive to consider a "love potion" rape. I'm going to assume you do not play nor allow others to play enchanters at your table since that would be, by your reasoning, inherently evil acts?

Mr.Moron
2015-11-27, 06:18 PM
I think every link you provided speaks for itself.

I legit see zero evil and, in fact, heard no less than two completely logical and "morally good" reasonings come straight from Rick's mouth.

And yes, I have zero qualms with anything I said to include what was said regarding the homeless guy. I still think your delicate sensibilities are running overdrive to consider a "love potion" rape. I'm going to assume you do not play nor allow others to play enchanters at your table since that would be, by your reasoning, inherently evil acts?

An enchanter that charms the Orcs guarding the prison camp and goes "Sure would be nice if all those prisoners got free, right? Let your ol' buddy have the key to the cages eh?" and leaves things at that afterwards is almost certainly not being evil.
An enchanter that goes around casting dominate person to build himself a harem most certainly is.

These are not my "delicate sensibilities" this is like basic undisputed stuff on coercion. Geez louise. Well I'm glad you'll agree the clips speak for themselves. If the context and framing of them is not in disupte than everyone else can draw their own conclusions I guess.

Trickshaw
2015-11-27, 06:21 PM
Rick is anything but "Good." He's somewhere between Neutral and Evil. He has no issue stealing and mass-murdering for purely selfish reasons ("They're bureaucrats! I don't respect them!" and "Purging is fun!"). The only exception is that he'll help and protect his immediate family, which I don't think disqualifies him from being Evil, just makes him Evil with a little more depth. I'm sure Hitler was a nice guy to at least some of his immediate circles. He's also fine manipulating his family for self-gain and put them through horrors because he gets something out of it, or because he's lazy.

When Rick stops murdering people for kicks and shows compassion for people outside his immediate family (also remember he's using Morty as a "camouflage") then maybe he'll be something more than Chaotic Evil/Neutral.

Pick any specific "act of evil" Rick commits and I can explain why, logically, it is not "evil".

Because that's how Rick's mind works.

Rick is a being of pragmatism and intellect with a smattering of hedonism. Pure and straight. At worst, he's CN. At best, he's CG, with his family (predominately Morty) acting as a moral compass.

Trickshaw
2015-11-27, 06:29 PM
An enchanter that charms the Orcs guarding the prison camp and goes "Sure would be nice if all those prisoners got free, right? Let your ol' buddy have the key to the cages eh?" and leaves things at that afterwards is almost certainly not being evil.
An enchanter that goes around casting dominate person to build himself a harem most certainly is.

I see zero distinction between the two. Loss of will is loss of will. Either it's evil or it's not. You can't pick and choose what is or is not evil based on whether or not it's convenient for you.

Well, you CAN, so long as you don't mind being labelled a hypocrite.

These are not my "delicate sensibilities"...

I emphatically disagree.

...this is like basic undisputed stuff on coercion.

According to whom?

Like Rick, I take issue with anyone who presumes to speak for me or anyone other than themselves. Especially in regards to the topic of morality. So if someone is claiming undisputed authority over morality I wanna know... so I can laugh directly in their face.

BootStrapTommy
2015-11-27, 06:37 PM
Holy ****. Did you really mean to post this post? Like are you really putting this forward, publicly.. attached to your name? This is like a thing you're not ashamed to say? Homeless people are very obviously not real people. What rock do you live under?

I'm not sure how else you can construct secretly give this drug to a woman, so she'll lose her free will and have sex with you as anything but rape. For the record, if a chemical cocktail exists which can do such a thing, then free will is only an illusion anyway, rendering questions of consent rather meaningless.

Rick is Chaotic Evil on his worst day, Chaotic Neutral on his best days.

Connington
2015-11-27, 08:48 PM

Rick explicitly called it "roofie juice serum" and called Morty a little creep for wanting to use it on his crush. He just didn't care, because Rick cares very little about people outside of his immediate family. The fact that love potions are considered light sci fi fare has it's own trope page. Double Standard Rape: Sci Fi (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DoubleStandardRapeSciFi)

Anyways, if you figure Rick has his own Ubermensch style moral code of his own making, that's all well and fair. But it's clearly somewhere between chaotic neutral and chaotic evil in the eyes of any recognizable reference society.

So, getting back to making a Rick Sanchez expy. The real issue is that Rick kind of dictates the flow of his universe. He does whatever the hell he wants, because he is alternately smarter, more resourceful, luckier, more violent, or more pissedly determined than anyone else in the universe. He's the kind of character that interacts poorly with a group of equal PCs. Unless you want to drag the party along with your whims by their ears, I recommend thinking hard about your place in the group dynamic. Maybe give him obsessions with random bits of background fluff that don't put him in conflict with the party.

manny2510
2015-11-27, 09:50 PM
Rick would leave alignment blank until the GM asked and then scribble down Lawful Good and argue the point to death.

manny2510
2015-11-27, 09:51 PM
His background would be folk hero.

Sigreid
2015-11-28, 12:19 AM
His background would be folk hero.

I think it would be criminal as he is clearly well versed in shady goings on.

Dark Ass4ssin 1
2015-11-28, 02:17 AM
I would like to thank everybody for replying and helping relay your opinion on the metaphysical concepts portayed on the show.

Some of you came to similar conclusions as I have, whereas others argued new perspectives.
I have decided to leave the alignment box blank, and make him a conjurer wizard.

Once again thanks guys. I promise I will get schwifty.