PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter D20.

doliemaster
2007-06-05, 11:42 PM
Anyone else think this would be a fun idea? With some hard work me and anyone on the forum willing to help could probably make this a fun game, now some people are probably thinking I am a fanboy but it wouldn't be to hard I mean we could list the spells in levels 1-8 with each spell cost it's level multiplied by 2 mana points, which would work like pisonic power points, and we would have to make stats for the monster in magical beast and where to find them book, but with some help don't yal' think this could work?

GryffonDurime
2007-06-06, 12:00 AM
There have been several attempts, but I don't know if any ever came to anything.

I personally think a skill system might be better for spells of the Potterverse...maybe something like force abilities in Star Wars d20? I've never looked into that much either, so I might be off base there.

Icewalker
2007-06-06, 01:07 AM
Er...I dunno.

Sure, the books and stuff are all good and all that.

But it really wouldn't work as a d20. Hardly any basis for adventure, you know?

doliemaster
2007-06-06, 01:09 AM
People like the Naruto d20 so I figured this might work.

deadfalcon
2007-06-06, 04:57 AM
There's a Naruto d20? can I have a link

Korias
2007-06-06, 06:15 AM
GO Check the Finding Players board. Their's a few threads on it.

As for the Potter verse, You might want to try using the SpellPoints system, which I think is in the SRD.

Lockwood
2007-06-10, 04:36 AM
I have been looking around for something like this myself. found quite alot, but nothing complete..

http://boards1.wizards.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-49469.html
http://ttronline.com//phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=18

If you want to complete it, please go ahead! :smallbiggrin:

SydneyLosstarot
2007-06-10, 02:26 PM
considering a basis for an adventure, some things come up straightaway:

- a group of bounty hunters working for Gringotts bank
- a group of mischiefmakers wreaking havoc in Hogwarts
- said Hogwarts being overrun by Death Eaters
- a negotiation group sent to the giants

and so on and so forth.
these are not epic, but still there can be some fun considering the flavor of the world itself.

Were-Sandwich
2007-06-10, 02:30 PM
If this did happen, I'd play as an Aura (sp?) who was disilusioned with all the muggles-are-dumb crap and uses two uzis, finding them faster and more effective than magic words and stupid wand waving.