PDA

View Full Version : Player Help need help finding a creature that supernaturally casts permanancy for my planar shep

Recurver
2015-11-27, 02:49 AM
my gm has allowed me to choose the realm of dreams as my plain aka Dal Quor. she has taken away the main reason gm's ban this plane(the 10 rounds of action per single enemy turn). she has however allowed the planer traits for magic to remain and has concluded that any and ALL creatures and beings can be inhabitants of that plane for sake of my wild shape. i am looking for anything that can cast permanency as a supernatural ability or can cast it free of xp. oh and i'm trying to avoid any genies if i can (wish is too much abuse of my gm's trust for now). not gonna lie i kind of want it mainly so i can permanency all the free animated objects i'm gonna get from turning into a Ravid (MM. page213) animate objects as level 20 caster a ROUND as an automated effect!

I WILL HAVE MY ARMY OF COTTAGES!!!!!!:smallwink:

Crake
2015-11-27, 03:40 PM
I don't believe you can make supernatural effects permanent with permanency, as it only functions on spells. While supernatural abilities may mimic the effects of spells, they are still not spells themselves and as such are not valid targets for permanency.

That said, you DO you get the SLAs of wild shape forms with planar shepherd, so I'm not entirely sure why you specifically want it as a supernatural ability (unless you thought that SLAs still incur XP costs? SLAs have no components, not even xp ones). The only creature I know if with the permanency SLA though is the Solar Angel, which requires you to be epic to be able to change into one. Honestly, wish, or limited wish of some kind is your best bet, since that can duplicate the effects. There's nothing abusive about how you're using it, you're just using one of the safe options, and a fairly mild one at that, just duplicating a spell.

Troacctid
2015-11-27, 03:43 PM
A scroll of permanency requires no XP payment.

Crake
2015-11-27, 03:46 PM
A scroll of permanency requires no XP payment.

he wants to spam it though, which becomes a little cost prohibitive in the gp department after a while

As a side note, I did look up a few other creatures that can cast animate objects as an SLA (which is a valid target for permanency), and you have a few options. A grey or death slaad can cast it (death at will, grey 3/day), and funnily enough, a solar can also cast it at will (which leads me to wonder why every solar angel hasn't already done what you want to do, spam animate objects and permanency to have an army of animated objecst at their disposal. Admittedly they only get permanency 3/day, not at will, so it would take time, but still doable).

Recurver
2015-11-29, 03:05 AM
love you guys. thanks for the responses so far. they have been very helpful and am looking forward to my army of inanimate objects. MWUAHAHAHAHA.:biggrin:

MisterKaws
2015-11-29, 04:17 AM
Shadowcasters have a mistery that can mimic all evocations up to a certain level, and that level includes permanency if I'm not mistaken, and shadowcasters can evolve their magic to supernatural with favored mistery.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-11-29, 12:04 PM
Shadowcasters have a mistery that can mimic all evocations up to a certain level, and that level includes permanency if I'm not mistaken, and shadowcasters can evolve their magic to supernatural with favored mistery.
Permanency is Universal, unfortunately. You might be thinking of Contingency?

MisterKaws
2015-11-29, 12:07 PM
Permanency is Universal, unfortunately. You might be thinking of Contingency?

Oh, it was contingency, sorry then.