PDA

View Full Version : Buying games from the Playstation Store before owning a Playstation

Corlindale
2015-11-27, 06:15 AM
To give myself a present after a harsh exam time, I plan to buy myself a PS4 next week.

However, there seems to a big game sale going on right now. I don't know much about the technicalities of the PS Store, so I'm wondering if its possible to create an account, purchase some games beforehand and then subsequently link said account to my PS4 and download those games?

My Google-fu turned up somewhat inconclusive answers, so I'm turning to the forum for advice. It seems it should be possible, but Steam is the only online game store I'm really familiar with, so I just want to make sure before I (potentially) throw money out of the window.

Hunter Noventa
2015-12-01, 09:59 AM
You should be able to create a playstation network account using your PC, and using the store interface there, buy your games.

Then you just log in with the same credentials on your PS4 and you'll be able to download whatever you've purchased. While I didn't do this exact thing, I was able to redownload all my DLC onto my second PS3 when the first one crapped out on me, it's all linked to your account.