PDA

View Full Version : Ascetic Style Builds

Secret Wizard
2015-11-27, 04:29 PM
So, Ascetic Style came out with Weapon Master's Handbook and I started brainstorming about the possibilities.

Here are the new builds that I could come up with. 20 point buy, human, two traits.

Looking for ideas on how to make these better!

Iroran Kuon-Master

Class: Iroran Paladin

Dual Talent?: Yes

Attributes: S16+2 D12 C14 I10 W8 CH14+2

Feats:

1. Power Attack
3. Weapon Focus (Sansetsukuon)
5. Ascetic Style
7. Ascetic Form
9. Improved Critical
11. Crusader's Strike

Gist: So the cool thing about this is that Iroran Paladin were forced to use Unarmed Strikes to benefit from their Ki Pool powers and Divine Bond.
With Ascetic Style/Form, they can apply those bonuses to a monk weapon, making it easy to enchant it, granting it the ability to count as lawful, silver, cold iron and magic for avoiding DR, and granting you the ability to spend ki to get extra strikes with a 1.5x STR weapon.
Plus, you can use Crusader's Strike with it, making you a true terror to undead.

Kinetic Staff

Class: Elemental Ascetic Kineticist

Dual Talent?: Yes

Attributes: S16+2 D12 C14 I10 W15+2 CH7

Feats:

1. Toughness
3. Weapon Focus (Quarterstaff)
5. Ascetic Style
7. Ascetic Form
9. Power Attack
11. Perfect Strike

Gist: So the Elemental Ascetic is an interesting archetype, but it's too wildly inaccurate to be reliable. When it hits, though, it deals good damage.
Now, Ascetic Style/Form allow you to 2H a quarterstaff for 1.5x STR, larger Power Attack bonus, and cheaper weapon enhancements to improve accuracy.
Additionally, you can now use Elemental Flurry with it, granting you more strikes with higher power.
But the beauty is Perfect Strike (of which you'd get 1x level thanks to Ascetic Form), which is a very large boost to accuracy when you need it.
Plus, combining Kinetic Fist with a weapon thanks to Ascetic Form is just hilarious.

Psyren
2015-11-27, 07:25 PM
I love it on an Unchained Monk for being able to do style strikes with weapons. It also saves you money on getting a ki focus weapon and still working with your Ki Strike.

Additionally, you can now use Elemental Flurry with it, granting you more strikes with higher power.

Not to burst your bubble, but I don't think this one works. Elemental Flurry says: "He must use only his fists to make this flurry, no matter what other abilities he possesses." This is a similar clause to the one in Pummeling Style and prevents Elemental Flurry from working if you use anything other than a punch.

Secret Wizard
2015-11-27, 10:18 PM
Ah, too bad!