PDA

View Full Version : Death From Above! [Feat]

Unscrewed
2007-06-06, 08:01 AM
Dive Bomber [Tactical]
You are a master of the diving charge, using your downward momentum to pull off amazing maneuvers.
Prerequisites: Fly speed, Fly-by attack
Benefits: This Feat gives you access to three tactical maneuvers
Dive bomb: You must charge a total of at least 40 ft and dive (downward movement) at least as far as you charge (sideways movement) to use this maneuver. You use your downward momentum to improve your charge, adding a additional +2 the attack and damage bonus. However, you take an additional -1 penalty to AC because dodging is made more difficult by your speed. You cannot use this maneuver at the same time you use the other maneuvers granted by this feat.
Hairpin dive: To use this feat, you must charge and dive at least as far you charge. By using gravity to keep up your speed, you are able to take a 90 degree or less turn during your charge. If you do, however, you cannot use the other maneuvers granted by this feat.
U-turn Launch: . By pulling into a tight U-turn at the very end your charge, you send opponents into the air. To use this feat, you must charge at least 40 ft and dive at least as far as you charge. At the end of your charge, you make a single attack with a -5 penalty to hit. If you connect, you knock the target upwards 1d2 x 5ft plus an additional 5ft for every point of strength bonus. You also knock the target back a quarter (rounding up) of the distance you knock him back.
Normal: Diving while charging does not give you any bonuses

My first attempt at making a feat. I'm still debating if I should include Awesome blow in the perquisites for its similarities to U-turn launch. Any criticism is appreciated.

FoeHammer
2007-06-06, 02:15 PM
Dive Bomber [Tactical]
You are a master of the diving charge, using your downward momentum to pull off amazing maneuvers.
Prerequisites: Fly speed, Fly-by attack
Benefits: This Feat gives you access to three tactical maneuvers
Dive bomb: You must charge a total of at least 40 ft and dive (downward movement) at least as far as you charge (sideways movement) to use this maneuver. You use your downward momentum to improve your charge, doubling the attack and damage bonus. However, you take an additional -1 penalty to AC because dodging is made more difficult by your speed. You cannot use this maneuver at the same time you use the other maneuvers granted by this feat.
Hairpin dive: To use this feat, you must charge and dive at least as far you charge. By using gravity to keep up your speed, you are able to take a 90 degree or less turn during your charge. If you do, however, you cannot use the other maneuvers granted by this feat.
U-turn Launch: . By pulling into a tight U-turn at the very end your charge, you send opponents into the air. To use this feat, you must charge at least 40 ft and dive at least as far as you charge. At the end of your charge, you make a single attack with a -5 penalty to hit. If you connect, you knock the target upwards 1d2*5ft plus and additional 5ft for every point of strength bonus. You also knock the target back a quarter (rounding up) of the distance you knock him back.
Normal: Diving while charging does not give you any bonuses

My first attempt at making a feat. I'm still debating if I should include Awesome blow in the perquisites for its similarities to U-turn launch. Any criticism is appreciated.

Under U-turn launch you say 1d2*5ft plus and additional 5ft for every point of strength bonus. Shouldn't it be 1d2 x 5ft plus and additional 5ft for every point of strength bonus.:smallconfused:

Unscrewed
2007-06-06, 03:42 PM
Under U-turn launch you say 1d2*5ft plus and additional 5ft for every point of strength bonus. Shouldn't it be 1d2 x 5ft plus and additional 5ft for every point of strength bonus.:smallconfused:

Oops, sorry. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll change it.

Fizban
2007-06-06, 11:02 PM
Actually, a dive does give extra bonuses: it doubles claw attack damage, and for raptorans doubles any piercing attack damage. The hairpin turn and knockback abilities are both interesting and good, but I'm pretty sure the first is because you didn't know about the claw/piercing attacks.

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2007-06-07, 08:24 AM
For those select few of us likely to obtain a fly speed, this looks pretty tasty. :3

Triaxx
2007-06-07, 10:42 AM
Something handy for the few classes that have spells and melee abilities. Maybe a Sorceror who fights from the air, or perhaps a Druid who spends time polymorphed as a flier.

Unscrewed
2007-06-07, 01:41 PM
Actually, a dive does give extra bonuses: it doubles claw attack damage, and for raptorans doubles any piercing attack damage. The hairpin turn and knockback abilities are both interesting and good, but I'm pretty sure the first is because you didn't know about the claw/piercing attacks.

Doh! Goes to show one should read the rules before he makes up his own. I'll change it so things don't get too out of hand.

Triaxx
2007-06-07, 07:26 PM
Hang on. Diving gives bonuses. Charging gives bonuses. But if you dive and charge, is there an additional bonus? Or is it just both bonuses together?