PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Making "CAPTIAN GORDON DEFENDER OF EARTH"

Malroth
2015-11-27, 10:40 PM
Well my skeletal champion bones Oracle ended the session at 5HP and under the control of an enemy necromancer so i figure it's time to come up with an alternate character idea just in case the rest of the party decides to take the easy way out and AOE everything to heck next session.

So Plan B if i don't make it is to make a Delusional overbearing Buck Rogers/Captian Gordon expat, complete with class provided Raygun and Helper Robot if possible but i don't know pathfinder rules well enough to build anything that's not a major list caster so I'm looking for Build Ideas.

ECL 8 normal WBL typicaly fighting CL+5 encounters , normal point buy all PFSRD materials allowed.

avr
2015-11-27, 11:22 PM
Class-provided raygun means a spellslinger archetype wizard to me. Any of a few improved familiars could be a robot helper; a clockwork familiar, a paracletus aeon, an arbiter inevitable. Spellslingers don't get familiars, but you could get one via iron will/familiar bond. You could get feats like

1: Spell Focus (evocation)
Human: Improved Initiative
3: Iron Will
5: Familiar Bond
Wizard 5: Creative Destruction
7: Improved Familiar

Edit: if you don't want a major list caster, there is the techslinger gunslinger archetype. You just have to squeeze Iron Will/Familiar Bond/Improved Familiar into your feat progression, and you have to spend some of your magic item budget on a laser rifle or something. The feats might go

1: Point Blank Shot
Human: Precise Shot
3: Iron Will
Gunslinger 4: Rapid Shot
5: Familiar Bond
7: Improved Familiar
Gunslinger 8: Weapon Focus

stanprollyright
2015-11-28, 12:32 AM
Ranged Paladin...see if you can have a robot as your Mount. For the Raygun you could get an Energy Bow or an actual gun with similar enchantment.

vasilidor
2015-11-30, 08:25 PM
If your DM will allow for it try to go for the technologist route in the technology guide. its made for pathfinder and has actual rayguns.

Platymus Pus
2015-11-30, 11:36 PM
First take int to 8, next take wis to 8, next take cha to 8...
Also have your laundry skill up to +90
https://youtu.be/6kJk-2kyqI8?t=1m46s

Malroth
2015-12-01, 12:06 AM
While his Wis is definately below 10 and his Int is questionable at times Gordon can be a bit of a Cha monster what with numerous sidekicks on top of convincing a Demon prince to keep him as a Vassal instead of destroying him.

Platymus Pus
2015-12-01, 02:03 AM
While his Wis is definately below 10 and his Int is questionable at times Gordon can be a bit of a Cha monster what with numerous sidekicks on top of convincing a Demon prince to keep him as a Vassal instead of destroying him.

Nope. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N0gjKnM-7U)
I don't think he's a cha monster, I think laharl enjoys his suffering and free housechores.