PDA

View Full Version : Help me perfect this blaster

Ramza00
2007-06-06, 09:51 AM
A friend of mine wants me to make a blaster type character for an NPC that will spend significant time as an ally npc. I recently got Dragon 349 so I wanted to try out the psitheurgry feats, but do so in a non broken way (thus nothing like mental pinnacle.) I need this finished by Saturday.

Since Direct Damage is often not that good, I figured it would be a good fit, to use psitheurgry feats as a boost in power. Here is what I got so far. Need recommendation with feats, mantles, and spells.

Starting lvl 12
Druid 1/Ardent 2/Psychic Theurge 7/Legacy Champion 10

At level 12 Casts as a 12th lvl Ardent (10+2 due to Practiced Manifester), Cast as a 9th lvl Druid (11th lvl Caster level due to Krau Sigil)
At level 20 Cast as a 20th lvl Ardent (17 +4 due to Practiced Manifester), Cast as a 16th lvl Druid (18th lvl Caster level though due to Krau Sigil)

Feats
1 Spell Focus Transmutation
1 Flaw Spell Focus Evocation
1 Flaw Practiced Manifester Ardent
3 Improved Sigil Krau
6 Psi Theurgrist Evocation/PscychoKinesis for Damage Spells.(CL/ML stack for a combined CL/ML for Evocation/PscychoKinesis spells/powers) Dragon 349
9 Psi Theugrist Transmutation/PsychoMetabolism for Owl's Insight .(CL/ML stack for a combined CL/ML for Evocation/PscychoKinesis spells/powers) Dragon 349
12 Cannablize Spell (Sacrifice a spell slot, get 1.5 pp*Spell Level) Dragon 349

Druid | Ardent | Total

1 | -- |
1 (2) | 1 | 3
1 (3) | 3 | 6
2 (4) | 4 | 8
3 (5) | 5 | 10
4 (6) | 6 | 12
5 (7) | 7 | 14
6 (8) | 8 | 16
7 (9) | 9 | 18
8 (10) | 10 | 20
8 (10) | 11 | 21
9 (11) | 12 | 23
10 (12) | 13 | 25
11 (13) | 14 | 27
12 (14) | 15 | 29
13 (15) | 16 | 31
13 (15) | 17 | 32
14 (16) | 18 | 34
15 (17) | 19 | 36
16 (18) | 20 | 38

Using Owl's insight to give a big boost to dcs (it should be +5 to DCsat this level 12, +6 if I have any cl boosters)
Evocation, Psychokinesis, Transmutation, and Psychometabolism spells/powers will have a cl/ml of 23 at lvl 12 (9 from druid, 12 from ardent, 2 from krau)

one of these two rune words
Naenkrau: For the boost of dcs of spells
Vaulkrau for the boost of saves by expending a spell slot

Will have a wis of 18 at starting, 25 with items, 36 after owl's insight.
That is spell DCs of 10+Ability Modifer (+13)+Spell Level+Spell Focus+Improved Sigil Krau and my power dcs will be slighlty higher if I pay the augmentation cost due to the fact I can augment powers to manifester level 23.

Using Legacy Champion to progress Psychic Theurge Casting/Manifesting past the normal amounts. The DM as a house rule says this is okay due to the 2 class features you lose in LC progression. I need to make a legacy item, I am thinking one that gives me a few metapsionic uses per day, as well as some extend spell uses per day, most likely in a glove format.

Questions

Are my Feats good? What should be my future feats?
What are some good druid spells for such a build?
Mantles so far are Freedom and Energy, what should be the third one?
I need help desigining the legacy item, what would you recommend?

I pretty much want to perfect this, for the npc will be a common member in this party (will have normal party member wealth and everything).

Enzario
2007-06-06, 10:12 AM
Can you really qualify for psychic theurge at third level?
Wow. I'll have to look into that.
Anyway, ditch those spell focus feats (evocation is not exactly a druid's strong suit) and get some metapsionics, as well as Psionic Meditation. A druid, quite honestly, is not the best choice for going with a blaster, but it could help for battlefield control. Now, for blasting with a psion, you really only need two powers to be effective: Energy Missile and Concussion Blast. (more give you options, like Energy Stun, but are not strictly necessary)
Also consider getting Expanded Knowledge for Astral Construct; that way you will still be effective against beasties with PR/SR. Honestly, I'm not that familiar with the rest of your stuff (I don't have any complete books), but that's my two copper pieces.

Ramza00
2007-06-06, 11:20 AM
Psiotheurgist has these prerequisites

Spell Focus in the appropriate school
Able to cast 1st lvl spells
Able to manifest 1st lvl powers.

Thus if I want those Psiotheurgist in Evocation/Psychokinesis I need Spell Focus Evocation (will be doing damage by power points and the energy chain of powers), if I want to be owl's insight to get that big boost to caster level and thus more insight bonus to wisdom, I need Psiotheurgist in Transmutation/Psychometabolism and for that I need spell focus transmutation.

I did Druid because of the Spell Owl's insight (get a insight bonus to wisdom equal to half your caster level, lasts 1 hour personal range spell, druid only). This combine with Ardent (which is a Wisdom base manifester) should give me a big boost to dcs.

Cleric/Ardent doesn't have this spell.
Ardent has the ability to get into psychic theurge after with only 1 lvl of another class due to how ardent learn powers and practiced manifester (also isn't a any levels behind with learning powers). If I do Ardent I want a spellcaster with similar ability stat. 2 lvls behind in spellcaster class.

I can get into Psychic Theurge with Wizard/Psion at lvl 5, but there are no really synergistic aspects. You are 3 spell levels behind additionally, and 1 lvl behind in powers.

I can get into Psychic Theurge with Sorc/Wilder at lvl 6, but there are no really synergistic aspects. Wilder has too little powers known. You are 4 spell levels behind additionally, and 1 lvl behind in powers. On the plus side you can access wings of flurry from races of the dragon (force damage of caster level*d6 in a 20 feet burst around you, reflex/save for half, stunned if you fail reflex save, uncapped damage, sorc only.)

Ramza00
2007-06-06, 11:24 AM
I think my plan is to buff with druid spells.
Sacrifice low level spells with cannablize spell and turn them into powers. Gives me on the fly spontaneity.
Keep a few high level slots for owl's insight, the good buffs, and evocation/transmutation spells with a high damage cap (for example the 4th lvl Druid spell Flame Strike, 15d6 damage half fire half divine, 10 ft wide cylinder, reflex for half)