PDA

View Full Version : Empower Power

Laurellien
2015-11-28, 10:19 AM
Am.I missing something or is this feat (psionics handbook/d20srd) really badly written?

It states that it increases variable numeric effects (including number of targets etc.), but that it doesn't work for powers without random variable effects.

Is this somethijg in need of a fix? Should Empower Spell be treated the same way?

2015-11-28, 11:11 AM
You can empower a power. All variable, numeric effects of an empowered power are increased by one-half. An empowered power deals half again as much damage as normal, cures half again as many hit points, affects half again as many targets, and so forth, as appropriate. Augmented powers can also be empowered (multiply 1½ times the damage total of the augmented power). Saving throws and opposed checks (such as the one you make when you manifest dispel psionics) are not affected, nor are powers without random variables.
All variable, numeric effects of an empowered spell are increased by one-half.

Saving throws and opposed rolls are not affected, nor are spells without random variables.These feats are written more or less the same (the differences are because of some weirdness with psionics, but they both work the same way in the final form). I'm not really seeing any bad writing on the part of Empower Power; what exactly seems wrong about it?

Uncle Pine
2015-11-28, 11:57 AM
I don't see any problem with the feat either: it increase variable numeric effects of a power and can only be applied to powers that have variable numeric effects. Thus, you can empower Mind Thrust, but you can't empower Vigor.
Where's the contradiction?