PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Feat (Review Needed)

LordOfCain
2015-11-28, 01:45 PM
Mighty Strength (Feat):
A character with this feat may treat one two-handed weapon as a one-handed weapon for the purposes of two-weapon fighting. This feat also enables someone to use any one-handed weapon as a light weapon for the purposes of two-weapon fighting. Requirements: Str. 15

What are your opinions. What is the power level? What are comparable feats?

LordOfCain
2015-11-28, 01:51 PM
Additionally, can you please review this one?

Empowered Rage (Feat):
When a character with this feat goes into a rage, the crit range with the weapon is doubled or he does 2d6 extra damage on a crit subject to his choice. The extra damage stacks with the extra damage from the crit itself. This feat does not stack with Improved Critical or the keen weapon enchantment. Requirements: Power Attack

Vhaidara
2015-11-28, 01:51 PM
First, this should be in homebrew.

Second, this is already a feat in the upcoming Path of War: Expanded from Dreamscarred Press. Except Prodigious TWF only requires Str 13, and while it doesn't allow for the Two handed weapons in one hand, that's generally going to be a downgrade in power since that removes the 1.5x Str and better power attack returns.

EDIT: Empowered Rage needs a statement about interaction with other crit expanders (keen/Improved Crit)

Blackhawk748
2015-11-28, 01:52 PM
Mighty Strength (Feat):
Prerequisites Str 20
A character with this feat may treat one two-handed weapon as a one-handed weapon for the purposes of two-weapon fighting. This feat also enables someone to use any one-handed weapon as a light weapon for the purposes of two-weapon fighting.

What are your opinions. What is the power level? What are comparable feats?

Firstly, wrong subform

Secondly, the feat itself looks ok, the big problem is that now, in addition to needing high Dex for TWF you also need crazy high Str, which just isnt particularly feasible. Id lower the Str prereq to something more reasonable, like 15.

A comparable feat would be Monkey Grip from Complete Warrior

LordOfCain
2015-11-28, 02:00 PM
Sorry about putting this in the wrong sub-forum. I will post it there now. I believe that I will make Empowered Rage stack with keen/improved critical. That would be alright correct?

Vhaidara
2015-11-28, 02:01 PM
Sorry about putting this in the wrong sub-forum. I will post it there now. I believe that I will make Empowered Rage stack with keen/improved critical. That would be alright correct?

Absolutely not. That would give a keen Falchion a 9-20 crit range.

Also, don't repost. Report the opening post, and just tell them you posted to the wrong subforum.

LordOfCain
2015-11-28, 02:01 PM
Okay thank you.

cooldes
2015-11-28, 05:45 PM
what game is this for?

LordOfCain
2015-11-28, 06:29 PM
This is for 3.5e

Zaydos
2015-11-29, 05:32 PM
So Mighty Strength is a better version of Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting (Complete Adventurer, lets you treat one-handers as light for TWF, requires Str 13+ and I forget if it requires PA), but the prereq here is just far too high. 15+ or 17+ might be doable, it also probably should just let you wield a 2 handed weapon in one hand instead of, as written, only when dual-wielding.

The second one I just have to ask about "on a crit subject to his choice" normally you only critically hit one creature at a time so shouldn't it just be to a crit subject? Either way it's just a much better Improved Critical, and I assume you know that already, the when raging limitation being a much smaller limitation than the +8 BAB prereq.