PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need advice on traveling

Coda
2015-11-28, 02:36 PM
So, I am currently in a tabletop campaign and I am in a situation that I could use some help with. Currently, the party is in a town that has been hit hard by storms, ruined, and in need of serious help. The local wizard who is incredibly powerful has offered us a job to transport some of his magical items that (for magical reasons) can't be teleported to another city at least two weeks away. They're crates that weigh about 300 to 500 pounds. He has offered to pay us in magical items with a combined value of 20,000 gold pieces (per person) and even willing to pay us completely in advance. After all, if we try to run off with our new gear, he will almost certainly find and deal with us.

The problem is that, given the state of the city, there really aren't any horses available to us. Nor are there any watercraft. Plenty of wagons that no one is using, however. Essentially, I'm looking for advice on the cheapest, most efficient, way of transporting the goods using the payment we're getting from this wizard.

sleepyphoenixx
2015-11-28, 03:08 PM
What's your level and what classes does you party have?

Things could be as easy as just casting Mount 1 per day per wagon, if you have a wizard. Get a scroll of it as part of your reward if he doesn't already know it.
Alternatively you can get it on a wand, if you have someone who can activate it. In that case you'll probably want it extended and/or at a higher CL than normal. Either option is pretty cheap and should serve well enough.

If you have a druid or ranger Charm Animal could also work, assuming that there's some wildlife around you can hitch to a cart. You'd have to rig up a custom harness, but taking 10 and a good Int score should be sufficient for that even without ranks in craft(leatherworking). Or just use an animal companion.

You could get a Survival Pouch (MIC) as part of your reward. Among other useful things you can pull out a couple of mules per day.
A Talisman of the Disk (MIC) could also work, if your party can heave the crates on the force disk every few hours and shuffle the weight around so you don't exceed the limit for a single disk.

Elkad
2015-11-28, 03:09 PM
Buy a wagon anyway.

Memorize Mount multiple times/day?
Have your druid trade his AC out for a Bison or Elephant?
Put a harness on your Barbarian? (possibly with Muleback Cords as well)

noob
2015-11-28, 03:24 PM
Abuse that disk of force spell for moving stuff with a disk that can not be killed and protecting the wizard from charges.(can be done at level 1)