PDA

View Full Version : Meetup dutch meetup?!?!

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-06, 01:24 PM
New thread! Dutch meetup II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64646)

hey I noticed allot of meetups here.
but none of them were in Holland(the netherlands).
so.........anybody.......:smallwink: meet-up?

more edit :
We have a date :18th of august.
We have a place to meet :The Netherlands,Noord-Brabant,Schijndel,Adres:
Buntweg 11
YPU´S house(Buntweg 11).

This is the link to a map with the location :

http://maps.google.nl/maps?f=q&hl=nl...5&iwloc=addr
to my disapointment I cant come....,but I will keep up-to-date with the meetup....
__________________________________________________ ____
The meeting got up and went well!

New thread! Dutch meetup II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64646)

MrEdwardNigma
2007-06-06, 01:31 PM
Awesome! Dutch! Yay! I've been posting in every single meetup thingie untill now there should be a Belgian meetup! And now there is/might be, sorta...
Well, Holland's fine for me too, I live at the border anyways.

Oh, and dallas-dakota, I've been suspecting you were dutch!

Ichneumon
2007-06-06, 01:43 PM
I'm Dutch, but do not have any time for a meetup or anything.

Lord Herman
2007-06-06, 02:25 PM
Count me in! Any idea when and where we should do this?

It might be a good idea to include German OOTSers, as well - there are quite a few forumites in Germany.

Oh, and I can bring the OOTS board game.

Glaivemaster
2007-06-06, 02:33 PM
Depending on when, I might be able to. I'm going to be in Holland/Germany for a few days, so on the very slim offchance...

Nah, not gonna happen :smallsmile:

Chris the Pontifex
2007-06-06, 02:43 PM
yeah sure, I'm in. If its not going to be too far away (no car)

I'll make sure Squishycube is going to be there too.

If we are going to include belgian and west-german forumites as well (I say we should). We should probably meet up somewhere in the east or south-east.

InaVegt
2007-06-06, 03:02 PM
I am not coming, just saying so you don't get your hopes up.

And Dallas, you deserve an eternal smiting for saying Holland and the Netherlands are the same thing, you should fully well know Holland is only part of out country and I'm trying to teach those foreigners exactly that.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-07, 11:15 AM
Yes yes Gezina, I know that! I was just saying that becouse ´some´ people dont know that the Netherlands are different......but Holland is fine to for me.
I myself live in The south-Holland province(zuid-holland)
yay eternal smiting!

tobad ichneumon!

Lord Herman, sure you can bring oots board game.
good idea to have some german ones here. But that will probably result in all of us speeking english becouse some german people cant speak dutch.....
umm as where ...well.....not sure....my place(I live with my parents doh) is umm in the south I geuss, not so much in the east....... and when, well its got to be on a saturday or sunday becouse of school(o.o yes I am a teenage who is still in school)

glaive master : which days?

mr. E.nigma : Yes I am dutch....lol.....

LCR
2007-06-07, 11:26 AM
Shouldn't you do it in Germany, then? I guess there will be a lot more Germans here than people from the Netherlands.
And I don't know about a single German that speaks Dutch. Maybe near the border, but not near where I live.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-07, 11:31 AM
sigh......LCR thats why its called : a dutch meetup!

you can have a german one if you want, just create another thread for it, becouse this one will be in The Netherlands,I dont have time to leave the country.(and I can only speak a few words german)

dehro
2007-06-07, 11:46 AM
if it's in the summer and I'm visiting my gramps, that is in Amsterdam, I might be able to join in..

(yah, avatar says italy, but... I'm half dutch)

Rykaj
2007-06-07, 06:32 PM
Yeah, grumpy people we are. Heh, a meet-up would be fun. I probably wouldn't come though. I value the anonimity of the internet too highly. Even though I have to say it would probably be fun, and I'm curious what the boardgame is like :smallwink:

Arlanthe
2007-06-08, 02:23 AM
I'm so there!

I will be gone most of July and August though :( So if ti is scheduled then I can't come. Hop on the train in Gent and here I come!

Lord Herman
2007-06-08, 02:39 AM
Shouldn't you do it in Germany, then? I guess there will be a lot more Germans here than people from the Netherlands.

In OOTSers per square kilometer, I think we have more :smalltongue:

And I don't know about a single German that speaks Dutch. Maybe near the border, but not near where I live.

I don't mind speaking English.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-06-08, 06:10 AM
Lord_Herman, I think Belgium and the Netherlands (especially Belgium) has more of anything if expressed per square kilometer. We're just pretty cramped up countries.

Calsan
2007-06-08, 06:31 AM
Lord_Herman, I think Belgium and the Netherlands (especially Belgium) has more of anything if expressed per square kilometer. We're just pretty cramped up countries.

So true hehe, if only our cities where a bit bigger.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-08, 08:44 AM
If you counted Holland(a part of The netherlands) for oots'ers per square kilometer, It'd be allot higher, becouse Holland is the most cramped part of the Netherlands.....

but the where and when part is a difficult qeustion......

Glaivemaster
2007-06-08, 09:58 AM
glaive master : which days?

Well, since you ask: 30th-31st July, and then I'm getting a plane away the next day. Like I said, very small time frame

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-08, 03:06 PM
aha I see.......
so the list who posted and said/plan to be coming if the situation is right :
mr. Edward Nigma

Lord_herman

Chris the Pontifex

squishycub

Arlanthe(though not if it is in July or August)

Dehro? you can travel with train?(though only in summer)

Glaive master (though only if it is on 30th or 31th July, so probably not)

and me.
_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_-_-
Calsan : where do you live and will/can you come?

rykaj : good reason, but I am sure it there will be very much fun.
---------------
I can probably bring some food and drinks......

last thing : I am away from the 13th of July to the 4th of August on summer holiday to South-Europe.

edit : I'm thinking it should be in a weekend, becouse people have to go to work and school otherwise.........hmm I cant go at the end of june becouse I have testweek then........which will be the final point if I pass or not......

squishycube
2007-06-08, 04:16 PM
Chris is right, he would've told me about the meet-up even if I didn't stumble across this thread.
Let's not bicker about Netherlands and Holland. Let's talk dates

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-08, 04:30 PM
I'l post tomorrow morning(later then 7:00), becouse its 23:40 here now.
So i'm off to bed.
though something around the 17th of june......

squishycube
2007-06-09, 05:40 AM
Way way too fast for most people I regularly meet to still have time, I mean that is next sunday!

Let's be practical about some stuff:
I am usually able to make time in the evenings and in the weekend.
I live in Amsterdam
I have no car, but I don't mind to travel to a place near a (intercity) train station.

If you all posted this information, we might eventually even be able to acutally have a meet-up.

Chris the Pontifex
2007-06-09, 10:16 AM
what ^said. Only I'm usually not able to make time on short notice.

We should ask Simius to come too

Simius
2007-06-09, 12:43 PM
Umm, well, I'll think about it.
I'm not a great fan of forum meetups, but you might be able to convince me with cunning arguments :smallwink:

Depends on the time and place as well, of course.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-09, 05:16 PM
Well it looks like it's going to be very soon or a few months away......

faerwain
2007-06-09, 05:53 PM
My schedule this year is not predictable enough to say something dependable, but I'll keep an eye on this and maybe I'll drop in as a "surprise guest":smallwink: if I can manage. Amsterdam for example would be a practicable distance for me.
And I insist the Pontifex is responsible for feeding us, as he is claiming to make an excellent goulash.:smallbiggrin:

Oh, and, erm....*looks embarrassed to his feet* I do indeed not know any dutch. I thought it was similar enough to understand if I concentrate, but trying to translate a christmas poem from Gezina taught me otherwise.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-12, 07:21 AM
maybe we can meet at my house(note : i´m a teenager, I live with my parents....:smalleek: )

I live in Zuid-holland, a small distance away from Rotterdam.

Well if we are letting out emberrasing things : To my great shame, I dont know how the OOTS board game works.......

Rykaj
2007-06-12, 01:32 PM
Three invitations in a row, how could we turn that down?

How about you start naming some dates and times that sound good to you? Then we could respond how they sound to us.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-13, 06:29 AM
ehm....
Not in June, becouse A its to soon B I have exams/test week then.
not in July , becouse A most people will be on vacation(including me)
not begin August ...points to the line above
Wat do you guys think of 2nd saturday of august?

MrEdwardNigma
2007-06-16, 06:55 AM
July would be best for me...
But I suppose somewhere in August'll do. Not the end of august though, nor the week of the 8th... I guess that means not the second saturday? Not sure, haven't checked the calender.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-17, 06:38 AM
i'l be back around the 5th of august.....hmm somewhere between the 10th and the 22th?

MrEdwardNigma
2007-06-18, 07:17 AM
The tenth doesn't work for me, but any of the other dates do. Who else was coming along again?

Lord Herman
2007-06-18, 09:21 AM
Mid/late August is fine by me. I'd prefer a weekday over the weekend (I can travel by train for free during the week).

Don't worry about the OOTS game rules - it's fairly easy to learn if you have someone who can explain the rules. It is a long game, though - the shortest version can take four to five hours. I'm not sure how long the meetup will be, but you need quite a lot of time to play this game. Also, you can play it with up to six players (for obvious reasons).

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-18, 12:51 PM
aha I see.......
so the list who posted and said/plan to be coming if the situation is right :
mr. Edward Nigma

Lord_herman

Chris the Pontifex

squishycub

Arlanthe(though not if it is in July or August)

Dehro? you can travel with train?(though only in summer)

Glaive master (though only if it is on 30th or 31th July, so probably not)

and me.

rykaj?

lord_herman : I think it would take a whole day, from like people start arriving after 13:00(so just past lunch)

and then.......deep into the night....
probably not in the morning , taking into account people want to sleep out, and are sleepy/grumpy in the morning...

MrEdwardNigma
2007-06-23, 05:41 PM
So, how about the thirteenth? It's easy to remember, that's for sure.

Natania
2007-06-24, 01:49 PM
I would love to come as I also live in zuid-holland...
But alas I'm in California now... Actually skip the alas cause I'm having a great time here but anyway I won't be back until the 25th of august so don't count on me coming...

YPU
2007-06-24, 02:21 PM
Wow, I will sure try and be there. I live in noord Brabant. If it would be easier, for whatever reason we could also meet at my place. Yea, I still live with my parents as well, but they are ok with things like this. For orientation, I live near camping en sport winkel De Wit. For some reason people from all over the low lands seem to know it.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-27, 01:52 AM
natania : well tobad you cant come,have fun in California.

YPU : great,we now also have a place to meet,yes I have heard of the shop De Wit.
But a city and maybe link to a city map would be usefull.:smallbiggrin:

With the current plans, we will be with 6 people.
Seven people if Dehro can come to.

faerwain :Never tasted goulash before except when I was younger,didnt like it then,probably wont like it now.
Though I can make pancakes.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-27, 01:56 AM
natania : well tobad you cant come,have fun in California.

YPU : great,we now also have a place to meet,yes I have heard of the shop De Wit.
But a city and maybe link to a city map would be usefull.:smallbiggrin:

mrEdwardNigma : thirteenth sounds good,any objections?

With the current plans, we will be with 6 people.
Seven people if Dehro can come to.

faerwain :Never tasted goulash before except when I was younger,didnt like it then,probably wont like it now.
Though I can make pancakes.

we have a place to meet : at YPU´s house(links to maps will be given.
We have a time to meet : the thirteenth of august.

Cyborg Pirate
2007-06-27, 05:47 AM
No animo for just meeting up somewhere in Utrecht? It's most central and easy to reach.

Lord Herman
2007-06-27, 05:54 AM
No animo for just meeting up somewhere in Utrecht? It's most central and easy to reach.

That would be easier for me too, but don't forget that there will also be Belgians (and Germans?). Noord-Brabant is more central for a Dutch-Belgian-German meetup.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-27, 05:56 AM
lord herman, you said my thoughts

13th is on a monday,I will have to go by train,my mom wants that somebody picks me up....
Or maybe somebody can also travel by train....dordrecht on somebody´s road with the train...

Cyborg Pirate
2007-06-27, 06:09 AM
I won't be able to join a meeting in north-brabant on the 13th (will be busy with preperations for lowlands and spending time with my girlfriend who won't be coming along, sniff:smallfrown:), but I wish you all mucho fun! (and take pictures!)

YPU
2007-06-27, 06:26 AM
Yup, I’ve got green light here. My parent will be gone on holyday but its ok if some gamers come by, or stay for the night if they want to. the thirteenth does seems to be somewhat troublesome to a few people, any other suggestions, all is ok with me.
a map:

http://maps.google.nl/maps?f=q&hl=nl&geocode=&q=schijndel&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=51.596481,5.450592&spn=0.013943,0.034418&z=15&iwloc=addr

ok, this should show the Buntweg, that’s where I live. Its next to De Wit in Schijndel. It’s a bit of backwater road, so I would probably put up some sign, or wait at the bus station. Which is next to the store.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-06-27, 10:25 AM
Sounds ok to me. If anyone wants to pick another date instead of the thirteenth, that's fine too, as long as it's AFTER the 10th.

Oh, and YPU, the best way to be recognisable when you're at the busstation is probably by wearing a big bird suit. There's no way we could miss that, while a sign...

YPU
2007-06-27, 11:29 AM
well, if i would know when everybody is going to be there i can make sure I am there. dont think i can pull of the bird suit tough. would a longsword do, those things are pretty recognizable. from the bus station on its a 100 meter walk or so to my house. and in one straight line.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-27, 12:44 PM
Ow thats to bad cyborg pirate.
YPU : maybe you can hang up a big oots poster....

YPU
2007-06-27, 01:04 PM
And by the way, if we are doing this at my place my girlfriend will come as well, she’s a ootser as well, and she will bring her new digital camera, so pictures will be abundant. Also, what anybody planning on staying for the night, cause that is possible, if you bring your stuff along.

Chris the Pontifex
2007-06-27, 01:07 PM
wow, I checked the 9292ov.nl and seems to be easy enough to get there, about the same as my parents house in Amstelveen.

I do have my doubts about monday the 13th though. It may be holiday for some, I still need to work and I'm already taking that thursday and the next monday off to go to lowlands.

which, by the way, is going to be awesome (again)

Elphir
2007-06-27, 01:08 PM
I'd love to. Utrecht is the best for me, yet any other location could be possible. ^^

YPU
2007-06-27, 01:14 PM
Also, put a link in your signature everybody. I am sure there are a lot more Dutch ootsers out there that just haven’t seen this topic yet!

Lord Herman
2007-06-27, 02:07 PM
I'll make a sig banner.

Here it is:
http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Meetup_Banner.png

You can put it in your sig, and make it link to this thread by copying this code:

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Meetup_Banner.png

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-27, 02:49 PM
Lets look if its in my signature.
Maybe somebody can make it bigger? It kind of fades away against the other pice in my signature.
placed link in it for lazy people:smallwink:

Lord Herman
2007-06-27, 04:02 PM
I think something went wrong there. You made a link to the picture, instead of a link to this thread. If you copy the code I gave exactly, you'll have the banner, which will link to this thread.

And if the banner is too small compared to the other pictures in your sig, then maybe those pictures are too big :smalltongue: (seriously though, you might want to consider spoilerizing the big picture)

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-27, 11:40 PM
Ooooh....whoopsie.
shall try to edit, ment to put in the thread link.

Thanks for noticing, and edited.

About spoilerizing it,I forgot how...lol.
have to search it up then...but not now early in the morning ´yawns´

Lord Herman
2007-06-28, 04:43 AM
You can spoilerize text (and images) this way:

Blah blah blah

becomes

Blah blah blah

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-28, 06:43 AM
My keyboard is acting weird again.
lets try to spoilerize this :
is this right?

edit : yay it worked, will spoilerize the big picture in my siggy

Rykaj
2007-06-28, 03:55 PM
Sweet that you guys managed to pick a date and location, you go guys! Have lots of fun, take millions of pictures and umm.. have fun :smallcool:

I won't be coming over... I was tempted yet reluctant, but now I have an excuse for that date, so I really won't come. I'm in the middle of do-overs for tests I failed this year, I really should do well on those. You guys: make it a great day!

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-29, 09:47 AM
in the middle of do-overs in AUGUST?.....isnt that a bit late?

well succes with them anyway!
tobad you cant come
we will!

Rykaj
2007-06-29, 07:12 PM
Well yeah it's university, we all have do-overs in August hehe :smallsmile:

dehro
2007-06-30, 05:23 AM
shazbat!
can't come, I'll have a hectic summer what with business trips and moving to the UK... so trips to the netherlands to see the parents (and participate to the meetup) are cancelled untill further notice.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-06-30, 10:59 AM
Oh in Quatzlquatzl´s name,that sucks!

Tobad you cant come,wel have fun with your hectic summer.

Lord Herman
2007-07-01, 02:22 PM
Dallas-dakota, maybe you should update the first post with up-to-date information on the meetup. That way, people won't have to read the whole thread to get all the information.

squishycube
2007-07-01, 03:31 PM
Well if the 13th of august is set now I won't be coming as I am at the Sziget festival in Budapest.

Chris the Pontifex
2007-07-02, 12:33 PM
right...
I think its safe to say we should pick a new date

I'd rather have it on weekends, SQ is out of the country and Rykaj and CP have business that week

I'd say we could do it the 25th or the 1st

Dallas-Dakota
2007-07-02, 01:58 PM
cant come,my parent are to worried : you guys will feed me drunk or something, arent my in my age group so I will be left out and other things.

I´m sure you guys wont do this,but my parents bla bla bla...........

you get the point.

I cant come :smallfrown: :smalleek: :smallfurious:

and I remember MrEdwardNigma saying,correction typing that he can come as long as it is after the tenth.so he cant come if it will be on the first.......

squishycube
2007-07-03, 03:01 PM
Parents? What are those again?
I can't remember the last time my mother forbade me to do something, must be at least five years ago :D

Dallas-Dakota
2007-07-03, 03:59 PM
heh,happy you!

MrEdwardNigma
2007-07-04, 03:35 AM
That's right. It actually has to be after the 12th for me now. got some more plans on the schedule. Anyways, the 25th (as suggested) seems fine to me. But if necessary the first can work too...
Have the people who couldn't come been notified of the new date so they know they WILL be able to come?

Oh, and Dallas-Dakota, what's your "age group" anyways? I'm 18 myself, and a friend of mine, RoKAi (he's an OotSer too) who's 17 will be coming as well. I can hardly imagine you're much younger...

Anyways, YPU, I might be staying the night if that's okay with you. I'm still looking into how I'll get to your place and back from Belgium without borrowing my folks car (after driving 120 in a street where you have to drive 70, they're not so keen about me borrowing the car anymore :smallbiggrin: ).

Dallas-Dakota
2007-07-04, 11:51 AM
around 14-15 in the street,tough 13-14 in school.

If only my parents allowed,we could have it at my house(my parents..I know..)

you can come from belgium through breda right away here with train,......but they wont allow it :smallfrown:

squishycube
2007-07-04, 05:34 PM
august 1 bad, august 25 good.

Tor the Fallen
2007-07-04, 05:51 PM
I keep reading the title and thinking it's about a couple of highschool kids going 'dutch' on a date.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-07-04, 06:03 PM
I agree with the cube. Also, Tor, does this mean you're coming?
And has anyone sent the people who couldn't come a notification the date has changed?

Oh, and dallas-dakota, just tell your folks I'm a very responsible adult. And if that doezsn't work, tell them I played in a commercial. They'll be thrilled you know someone famous! Yay!:smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2007-07-05, 03:00 AM
August 25th sounds fine to me. I'll update the banner accordingly. edit: as soon as we're sure that it's going to be the 25th.

Now that dallas-dakota won't be joining us, maybe it's a good idea if YPU starts a new thread about the meetup, so he can update the first post with recent information.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-07-06, 09:27 AM
Though I wont come,i´l update first post.

smellie_hippie
2007-07-06, 09:34 AM
While I'm also not coming to this meet-up, I'd like to direct your attention to the meet-up central thread. If you are all interested, I'll update that thread with the most recent info.. and try to keep on top of it as well. Drop me a PM with all the current info about the Dutch meet-up... or any others that you know of.

Thanks! :smallamused:

p.s. I'd post a link to that thread in here... but don't know how... :smallredface:

Dallas-Dakota
2007-07-06, 03:22 PM
all I can say,good luck and have fun with the meet-up though I can update the first post......

Lord Herman
2007-07-11, 08:06 AM
I've made a new banner. The correct date is on it, and I made the text more legible by adding a white border.

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Meetup_Banner2.png

As you can see, I've also added the Belgian and German flags. I think my last banner was a bit too Dutch, and I believe this is supposed to be an international meetup.

YPU
2007-07-11, 02:18 PM
tough this probably would be ok there is a minute chance that i have to be at school at that date for an intro or something.

Wizard of the Coat
2007-07-15, 12:35 PM
Wow...how many people are attending in all? Afterall I'd like so see if I could come too, but then again...I'm a tad chaotic in everything...

MrEdwardNigma
2007-07-16, 12:52 AM
The list so far (as far as I can remember):
MrEdwardNigma
RoKAi (No, that's not Rykaj)
Lord_Herman
YPU
squishycube
Chris The Pontifex
Elphir

And maybe, just maybe: Wizard_of_the_Coat

Chris the Pontifex
2007-07-16, 02:19 PM
yeah ehm, so this just came up...

The 25th I'll be at BAZ (http://baz.climbing.nl/)(boulderen aan zee); a boulder competition on the Scheveningen beach.

i'm very sorry about the meetup, but seriously there is no amount of awesome you can throw at me that will stop me from going.

Simius
2007-07-16, 02:55 PM
yeah ehm, so this just came up...

The 25th I'll be at BAZ (http://baz.climbing.nl/)(boulderen aan zee); a boulder competition on the Scheveningen beach.

i'm very sorry about the meetup, but seriously there is no amount of awesome you can throw at me that will stop me from going.

Heh, damn right! I'll see you there :smallamused:

YPU
2007-07-22, 02:47 PM
ok, now its my turn to be bad. sorry guys, 25th is to late. there is a pretty big chance I will be very busy with my new school then. a week earlier perhaps?

MrEdwardNigma
2007-07-22, 03:59 PM
The 18th? I guess that would be okay... We should come to terms on this soon though, august is nearing...

Lord Herman
2007-07-25, 05:25 PM
The 18th is fine by me.

Lianserin
2007-07-26, 01:55 PM
the 18th is fine by me too the 25th is too late since our school starts the 27th

Totally Guy
2007-07-26, 04:23 PM
And if that doezsn't work, tell them I played in a commercial. They'll be thrilled you know someone famous! Yay!:smallbiggrin:

My dad visited the Netherlands to film an advert. And here it is. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UE5dXwlLOQ4) He's the "boss" character and his acting is usually a bit better than that...:smallredface:

Psst don't forget the order of the stick adventure game like we all did at the UK meet.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-07-26, 05:24 PM
His acting is usually better? I think it pretty much ruled in this one. Oh, and his face looks familiar, is it possible I've seen him somewhere before?

And I suppose you aren't coming to this meet then, are you?

Lianserin
2007-07-29, 05:53 AM
we need to make a decision about the date since it's nearly August. the 18th would be best I guess.

YPU
2007-07-29, 06:25 AM
ok, I need to get this rolling, who can and will come the 18th and who cant? If enough people can come it will be the 18th at my place, else, we will need to reschedule entirely to anther place.

Please respond as soon as possible!

MrEdwardNigma
2007-07-29, 12:00 PM
Wait, wait, the 18th, or the 16th???
Either way, I can come on both dates, so I'm cool and you hereby have my blessing for those days.

Maybe someone should send PMs to all who expressed interest? Oh, and maybe we should update our banners?

Lianserin
2007-07-30, 03:08 AM
I think it's the 18th but I will come anyway since I'm the Photographer.

YPU
2007-07-31, 03:50 AM
Wait, wait, the 18th, or the 16th???
Either way, I can come on both dates, so I'm cool and you hereby have my blessing for those days.

Maybe someone should send PMs to all who expressed interest? Oh, and maybe we should update our banners?

Yes, it should be the 18 th in the first place, my typo.
And PMs are a darn good idea. Anybody volunteer?

Lord Herman
2007-07-31, 04:17 AM
Banner updated. Now you'd better not change the date again. :smalltongue:

edit: You might have to refresh the page to see the new banner.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-07-31, 09:07 AM
I suppose I'll be sending the PMs, since someone has to do it.

EDIT: There we go, PMs sent. :smallsmile:

Oh, and it would be nice if Dallas-Dakota could update the first post too.

Ichneumon
2007-07-31, 11:06 AM
:smallannoyed: How much I would like to come, I am on vacation the 18th.

Elanya
2007-08-01, 05:46 AM
This entire year I will be out of the country for a total of 6 days.
And one of them is the 18th :smallfrown:
You guys just have fun for me too!

Glaivemaster
2007-08-01, 06:24 AM
Unfortunately, as much as I'd've like to come, due to missing the UK one for being out of the country, I can't make this one either. I leave the Netherlands this very evening

Have fun y'all

MrEdwardNigma
2007-08-03, 04:52 AM
Riddle me this, at what time should we show up at YPU's house? Kind of an important detail, is it not?

Also, what's the exact adress YPU lives at? Because I wasn't quite clear on that...

Lord Herman
2007-08-05, 07:46 PM
Another important detail - how many people, if any, can sleep over at YPU's place? If I have to take the last train home, I'll have to leave quite early.

Oh, and is anyone else bringing any games? I'm bringing the OOTS board game, but it's only for six players, and it might be fun to have something to play besides that. Does anyone have Munchkin?

YPU
2007-08-06, 01:59 PM
yea, its ok if some people stay overnight. and actually, I doubt there will be more then 6 people. I really wonder if its worth coming if we have like 3 people, it would perhaps be better to re-schedule to a date in the further future to make sure nobody is double planned.
Time, good question, lets say, around 10 and beyond.

Elphir
2007-08-06, 04:28 PM
I really, really am interested. I was planning on going to Burgfolk in Germany, and see the great folk bands Rapalje and Faun (<3), but I have little chance on going there.

Count me in. Den Bosch, ey?

@Lord_Herman: I have Munchkin, still at my grandfather's place, I will get it, and try to buy a couple of expansions. We've played it with six, and it was great. Everyone got stuck at level 8/9.

YPU
2007-08-06, 04:45 PM
I really, really am interested. I was planning on going to Burgfolk in Germany, and see the great folk bands Rapalje and Faun (<3), but I have little chance on going there.

Count me in. Den Bosch, ey?

Dude, if you wanted to go to those two you should have been at castlefest last weekend. Yea, near denbosch. I think I posted a map, somewhere. I still need to figure out how put a pin on one of those.

Lord Herman
2007-08-06, 04:56 PM
@Lord_Herman: I have Munchkin, still at my grandfather's place, I will get it, and try to buy a couple of expansions. We've played it with six, and it was great. Everyone got stuck at level 8/9.

Huzzah! I don't think I've actually ever played the original Munchkin - only Munchkin Fu. Which is also fun, but I prefer the original D&D-based one.

Elphir
2007-08-07, 06:08 AM
@YPU: I WAS AT CASTLEFEST! It was great...I have a craving to go back...must...go...back...

YPU
2007-08-08, 12:40 PM
Everybody: I have no idea of the number of people who are going to come. Thus, if you are planning on traveling from far, take into considerations that it just might end up to only three people coming. On the other hand it might be quite a lot, I will be prepared.

To people who are planning on staying the night: please bring your own stuff (bedroll anybody?), in case of en ‘emergency’ we do have a couches and spare blankets, but I’m pretty sure those will be taken fast.

elphir, yea i know that feeling. It's fun every year over.

Cyborg Pirate
2007-08-08, 12:48 PM
Hey all :smallsmile:, got the PM, but I'm afraid I won't be able to make it. On the 18th I'll be in Lowlands. I wish you all lots of fun, and maybe I'll be able to make another meetup. Don't forget to take pictures :smallbiggrin:

Lord Herman
2007-08-08, 12:59 PM
Everybody: I have no idea of the number of people who are going to come. Thus, if you are planning on traveling from far, take into considerations that it just might end up to only three people coming. On the other hand it might be quite a lot, I will be prepared.

Can't we make a list of people who are coming? That might be easier than guessing.

YPU
2007-08-08, 01:12 PM
Can't we make a list of people who are coming? That might be easier than guessing.
yea, we did try, enigma did send a PM to everybody who had not said he could not come the 18 if IRC. but there have been verry few replies to that.

Lord Herman
2007-08-10, 04:04 PM
Oh, YPU, a practical detail: I'm a vegetarian. I don't know how you were planning to feed us, but... well, no meaty bits for me, please.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-08-11, 04:44 AM
Yes, it would be nice if some people could simply alert us wether they're coming, and if perhaps someone can make a list. I think it'll definitely be more than three people coming :smallbiggrin:
I myself am bringing a friend with me who's also active on these forums (RoKAi).
People I'd like to hear from wether they're coming are SquishyCube and Chris the Pontifex, for example, as I believe they couldn't go the 25th but would have liked to come. I sent them a PM, but no answer thusfar, it seems...

Lord Herman
2007-08-11, 04:54 AM
Ye Aulde Liste
Lianserin
Lord Herman
Mr Edward Nigma
RoKai
YPU

I believe that's everyone who has posted that they could come on the 18th. I suggest that people who can come just copy the list and add themselves to it.

v, Okay, removed you from the list. Have fun!

Elphir
2007-08-11, 11:28 AM
I'm really terribly sorry, guys, but it seems I can go to Burgfolk.

Have fun!

YPU
2007-08-12, 01:24 PM
Oh, YPU, a practical detail: I'm a vegetarian. I don't know how you were planning to feed us, but... well, no meaty bits for me, please.

now that is a good question. I suppose pizza would be appropriate, being ye old gamers food. But any suggestions of higher standard are appreciated, if the weather allows we might also fire up the barbeque. I live fairly close to the supermarket so getting something else ad hock would not be that hard.

Also, since its only a small group we might as well get round to playing an actual game of DnD, anybody up for DMing? I have enough Minis to improvise for anything and a rather huge battlemat that works with any markers (including permanent, even those get of right away)

Lord Herman
2007-08-12, 01:37 PM
now that is a good question. I suppose pizza would be appropriate, being ye old gamers food. But any suggestions of higher standard are appreciated, if the weather allows we might also fire up the barbeque. I live fairly close to the supermarket so getting something else ad hock would not be that hard.

Pizza is fine by me. And there's lots of barbecueable vegetarian stuff.

Also, since its only a small group we might as well get round to playing an actual game of DnD, anybody up for DMing? I have enough Minis to improvise for anything and a rather huge battlemat that works with any markers (including permanent, even those get of right away)

That sounds like a plan. A good plan, even. I have some DMing experience - I could put together a short adventure. Not calling dibs on the DM position or anything; if anyone else wants to DM, that's fine too.

YPU
2007-08-12, 01:50 PM
Ow yea, is anybody still interested on staying for the night? Currently I think its only you lord_herman, so the spare room would go to you and you don’t need to get around a lot of stuff all the way. But if anybody else happens to be interested in staying I’m all ear.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-08-13, 07:04 AM
I'd be up for some DnD. Even though I usually DM, it's been a long time and I haven't really played DnD, so I'll be leaving the DMing up to someone else. I have to admit I'm not too familiar with the system. Also, I assume by ten, you meant ten in the morning, right :smallbiggrin:

Elphir
2007-08-13, 10:44 AM
I live again!

Okay, change in plans, seems I can come. See you all then!

Lord Herman
2007-08-13, 10:49 AM
Huzzah! I've put you back on the list.

Ye Aulde Liste
Elphir
Lianserin
Lord Herman
Mr Edward Nigma
RoKai
YPU

faerwain
2007-08-13, 04:48 PM
Don't you just love my quick answers? Sorry, been on vacation.
Anyway, I sadly have no chance to come, but I wish you guys a blast of a good time.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-08-13, 05:11 PM
YPU, what's the exact adress of your house? Also, I have overprotective parents , so it's possible they barge in your hosue just to make sure it's not a drug shack... You have been warned. Seriously, install some parent traps.

Lianserin
2007-08-14, 04:21 AM
the adress is Buntweg 11 in Schijndel.
at ten in the Morning and the anti-parents traps are installed

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 05:31 AM
If we're going to have a game of DnD, it might be a good idea if everyone who has a player's handbook brings it, as well as dice and other gaming stuffs. I do have quite a lot of dice, so anyone who doesn't have any can borrow some of mine.

edit: I think it's best if we restrict ourselves to core material for this game. Supplements may have all kinds of interesting PrCs and feats, but I think that's not really necessary for a one-shot session such as this.

YPU
2007-08-14, 08:00 AM
I agree, lets keep to things everybody knows. so, it apears you will be DMing, what level, and how do we generate stats? :smallwink:

also, if i am going to pick you guys up from the bustation down the road, what should i be looking for, gender, age, fafored type of piza (yes, i do plan on using food to lure lost OOTSers.)

as you might have guessed liansering is my girlfriend, so yea, she has the adres right. There is a bus that stops near it, at the shop called “De Wit”

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 08:10 AM
I was thinking about level 5, and rolling for stats. But I think it's best to make the characters just before we start playing - in my experience, creating characters together makes for a more coherent party. And since we're restricted to core material, building a character shouldn't take too much time.

edit: You should be looking for a 21-year old guy, with long chestnut hair, a black Blind Guardian shirt, and a huge bag of DnD stuff. If necessary, I can wear a sombrero so you can recognize me more easily. Oh, and my favourite kind of pizza contains lots and lots of cheese.

YPU
2007-08-14, 08:50 AM
Do, lets just describe myself as well. Im a 17 year old, glasses pale and quite long( down till the bottom of my shoulder blades) near black hair.
I don’t think a sombrero would be necessary, but would be fun.

It might perhaps be a good idea to build characters here on the forum, we can discus party dynamics here as well, and level 5 does open up for a few magic items, which at our group often takes quite some time looking up costs and the like, time that can be spend much more creatively.

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 09:06 AM
True enough. But you'll have to make sure that you have a well-rounded party - you're gonna need it :smallamused:

You can roll your ability scores with the forum's dice roller (roll 4d6, ignore the lowest roll).

According to the DMG, you have 9000 gp to spend at 5th level. Do remember to buy potions and adventuring gear, and not just shiny magic items.

edit: Since leveling takes a lot of time, most of the character progression during this game will be done with magic items. So expect a disporportionate amout of treasure during this adventure.

YPU
2007-08-14, 09:44 AM
or, just tell us how many levels you plan on us going up, and we can make sure we have the progresion all planed out. both ways work, your choice, your the DM

now, for the stats:
4d6b3
4d6b3
4d6b3
4d6b3
4d6b3
4d6b3

:smallconfused:
is the forum roller down again or am i making a mistake?

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 09:56 AM
I think the roller is only enabled in a few forums. But you can also roll your stats with ordinary dice, if you like. (I will get suspicious if you roll nothing but 18s, mind you)

As for leveling - in the spirit of keeping things simple, I think magic items are the way to go.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-08-14, 10:01 AM
Hmmm, did I mention I'm not too familiar with DnD? I've only once played a game, and I've never gotten round to buying the book... (They never have it in store in my local gaming shop, and I'm too lazy to look elsewhere). I belive RoKAi lacks knowledge of DnD as well.

Oh, and as for how I look, I'm about 1m75, 18 years old, have brownish hair, somewhat short cut aaaand...well, that's about it. I'll probably be wearing my newly purchased white shirt with two manga-ish figures on it (nothing pokémon like, don't worry...). and perhaps my cap that says "I see dumb people". My favorite kind of pizza is kind of hard to determine, since I like most. the best guess would probably be pepperoni or something...
And since RoKAi is apparently too lazy to even show up in this thread, I'll tell you that he's a reasonably short, 17 year old, skinny blond fellow (the kind of blond that makes you go "Ah, my eyes, they're burning!"). I have no idea about his favorite kind of pizza, just give him the leftovers.

Oh, and I'll try to run over to my gaming store today to purchase a copy of the DnD player's handbook.

Lord Herman
2007-08-14, 10:05 AM
Hmm, if both of you have little knowledge of DnD, it might be better to create your characters at YPU's place.

YPU
2007-08-14, 10:10 AM
yea i agree, and this would, i supose be a good chance to get to play the game. its intersting that this comic, based on DnD has quite a lot non DnD playing fans.

also, here come stats, i feel like making a character:
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?a=show&id=1208129
a dwarf ranger for me.
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1208145
= 45HP

Lianserin
2007-08-14, 10:42 AM
I will make my character saturday with paper and a pencil. and it will be a Halfling Rogue. if no one objects.

by the way people coming from 's Hertogenbosch centraal can take the busses 159 and 156 they stop at the de wit busstop.

YPU
2007-08-15, 08:33 AM
There is a munchkin cart called “pay for the pizza, go up a level” why am I telling you this, well I would appreciate it if you would bring a small donation so I don’t have to pay up all the snacks drink and pizza.

Lord Herman
2007-08-15, 08:47 AM
I was just about to ask that. Would €20 be enough?

Oh, and I think we should also have doritos and mountain dew (or 7up or something - I don't think they sell mountain dew here).

YPU
2007-08-15, 10:42 AM
Dude, I was thinking like 5euro’s, I wont mind paying a bit. sure, I’ll see if I can find Doritos, I don’t think I ever have seen mountain dew, but I thought it was more like red bull, caffeine and stuff to keep you gaming deep into the night.

Lord Herman
2007-08-15, 10:55 AM
No red bull for me, please. I can't stand energy drink. Some random soda will do fine.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-08-15, 01:00 PM
I'll bring 20 euros for me anyways... I eat and drink a lot. I mean, seriously, a lot. Yup. A lot. And I agree with Lord_Herman on two accounts: no red bull for me, and yes, we do need chips 'n such. Oh, also, I was wondering how late the meetup'd run?

YPU
2007-08-15, 01:55 PM
yea, i cant stand red bul either, but thats whats MD is like. i was planing on a variety of soda. well, edward, if you stand on it. i'll take your apetite into acount. two Pizza for you? and till how late, till everybody is gone? yust make sure how late your last ride home is leaving.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-08-15, 02:07 PM
My last ride home are my folks. Have I mentioned they're control freaks? I belive I have. Anyways, since they need to be in Holland the 18th, they're both dropping me off and picking me up. And yes, two pizzas'd be nice. Don't worry, I'll cough up the dough. By which I mean the cash for paying it, not the actual dough of the pizza...

YPU
2007-08-15, 02:10 PM
Since both herman and lian are staying (i think), and i will be there two, I take it we will last deep into the night.
I’ll just make sure I have a variety of Pizza everybody will like, including a pair of vegetarian friendly ones. We also need a lunch, any idea’s. probably just get some bread and make sure we have a few things to put on it.
If its easier for any of you to come earlier, just say so.

Last_resort_33
2007-08-15, 02:24 PM
As an asside, not being Dutch, I am wondering why this entire conversation is in English, bearing in mind that the only people going to this are going to be people living in the Netherlandsf, and thus probably be more used to speaking dutch....

Just wondering...

YPU
2007-08-15, 02:28 PM
well, at some point in and out there have been people who actualy did not speak dutch who were considering to come. also, a few people have jumped in with suces wishes or sugestions, that would not have hapened if the discusion was in dutch.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-08-15, 02:33 PM
YPu makes a good point. Another thing to consider is wether it's even allowed to make a posts in the forum entirely in another language than english?
Oh, and I usually speak English with my friends, over MSN mostly. I simply think it sounds much better than Dutch, and it's a better language to express yourself in. I know this is probably not a very common thing to say about English, but still. I'm even taking English as my main course at University now :smallbiggrin:

Chris the Pontifex
2007-08-15, 03:00 PM
not too unusual ^
I get that all the time, terms like "off guard", "spite", or "smug" just dont have a good dutch counterpart.

EDIT:
also, I'm sort of sorry I wont be there. I think NB is just a little too far for a day of complete nerdness and also my alternative is to be climbing in the Belgian Ardennes. I am very, very sorry I wont be at Lowlands but thats a whole different story.

Next time I'll be there, promise

YPU
2007-08-15, 04:51 PM
wel actualy, i prefer to write in english, partialy becouse engish has a more evolved lexicon of fantasy terms.
on the other hand, there a number of words that we do have in dutch which do not have english counterparts.

YPU
2007-08-17, 05:15 AM
so, how late are you all coming? that way i will know when to wait at the bustop.

Lord Herman
2007-08-17, 05:30 AM
YPU, you won't have to wait for me at the bus station. My mother has offered to drive me to your place. Which is good, because I would have had a hard time taking all my D&D stuff (well, not everything, just the things I need) and the OOTS adventure game with me on the train.

By the way, what else should I take with me? Do you have a bed and everything in your spare room?

Vargtass
2007-08-17, 07:40 AM
Good luck to you all. I applaud your initiative, but will not attend (this time...)

YPU
2007-08-17, 09:30 AM
Bed and breakfast included. No need to take anything with you, if anybody else is planning on staying, it would be a good idea to bring everything with them, cause all the sleeping stuff is now claimed. Ow, and I hope you don’t mind a little bit of a mess, the spare room isn’t very tidy.
Anyway, if you are going to come with car I better give you some more explanation, the shop De Wit has two buildings at both sides of the road, one big and one small. Besides the parking lot of the small one is a road saying “einde verharding na X meters.” That’s the road you must take, it looks like it goes into the middle of nowhere. Now, there are two houses on this road, both hardly visible until in front of them, the second, numbered 11 is ours. Any further and the road is a dirt road.

for everybody this is my phone number, so you can call me if your lost, or anything: 073-5479114

Lord Herman
2007-08-17, 11:11 AM
The navigator computar thingie in our car says there are two roads in Schijndel called 'Buntweg' - one in Olland and one in Wijbosch. Which is the correct one? Or did our navigator screw up? :smallconfused:

YPU
2007-08-17, 11:34 AM
ah, you have a quite detailed navigator then. these two actualy are the same road, but they got spilt up when two tracks of land were conected together. I asume that the wijbosch one is the right one, since the one in the midle of nowhere is more in the direction of olland. anyway, if you start getting lost, call me. its quite hard to find the first time, or so i am told.

Lord Herman
2007-08-17, 02:06 PM
Okay, Wijbosch it is, then.

The time of 10 AM still stands?

YPU
2007-08-17, 03:12 PM
Yes 10 AM it is.
Hope to see you all tomorrow. Any idea when you all will be arriving, those traveling by bus anyway?

Totally Guy
2007-08-17, 03:38 PM
Remember to take plenty of pictures. I managed to come away with far fewer pictures than I intended.

And best of luck with tomorrow.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-08-17, 03:45 PM
I'll be coming by car as well. Oh, and RoKAi won't be joining. His folks decided to be last minute pains in the ***. Yeah...

Zar Peter
2007-08-17, 05:00 PM
I wish you folk in the netherlands a great meeting tomorrow!
Have fun and bring pictures.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-08-18, 04:04 PM
So the meetup is over... (for me at least, Lord_Herman is still staying at YPu's place and Lianserin is there too, have fun, you guys!). 'T was a blast. When is the next one? :smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2007-08-19, 06:17 AM
Well, I'm back. The meetup was great. It was really fun to meet you guys in person, and I enjoyed playing the OOTS adventure game with fellow OOTSers.

:thog: meetups are fun!

Chris the Pontifex
2007-08-23, 05:53 PM
how did it go? tell me everything!
and where are the pictures?

Lord Herman
2007-08-23, 09:55 PM
I believe Lianserin has the pictures, so we'll have to wait for her to post them.

As for how it went, I present to you:

Lord Herman's Meetup Report

After a few failed spot checks, I found YPU's house, hidden behind a couple of trees. It's quite a large house, on a small patch of land surrounded by farmland. They have a pony.

As I got my bags out of the car, YPU just came back with Lianserin (I assume he picked her up from her place). After some introductions, we went inside, I was shown my room, and we had some tea. MrEdwardNigma arrived shortly thereafter. Another round of introductions and drinks followed. We chatted a bit, and then went to the bus stop to pick up Elphir.

After talking about school, various roleplaying games, and pointed sticks for about 45 minutes (this is an average: I can't remember if it was half an hour or a full hour), we began to suspect Elphir wasn't coming. Unfortunately, we had no way of contacting him to make sure. We finally decided to go back.

Now that everyone was there (that's YPU, Lianserin, MrEdwardNigma, and myself), we decided to get the meetup started properly. And how better to start a GiantITP meetup than with the Order of the Stick Adventure Game?

Lianserin played V, MrEdwardNigma was Belkar, YPU played Elan, and I was Durkon. I already knew the rules, so we could get started relatively quickly. We made our way to the third dungeon level with relative ease, and then spent a lot of time accumulating enough loot to face Xykon. The Linear Guild plagued us at every turn, but in the end, the third dungeon level was littered with heaps of loot. Then we decided it was time to fight Xykon. Compared with the trouble we had with the Linear Guild, Xykon went down pretty easily. It was actually the first time I finished a game of OOTS.

I then got my DMing gear, and we set up for D&D. It was about 6 o'clock by then, so we put some pizzas in the oven, while we built our characters. Since Lianserin already had some ready-made characters, it didn't take too long for us to get started. The story was pretty simple: the party was hired by a local lord to get rid of a marauding band of kobolds. The first encounter gave a great example of why I love to DM new players. A bunch of kobolds attacked the party from the top of a tree. Instead of attacking them with his throwing axes, the barbarian (MrEdwardNigma) rushed forward, and tried to shake the kobolds out of the tree. He managed to kill one kobold this way, and then climbed up to drag another one out of the tree. Killing them with a ranged weapon might have been quicker or more effective, but this was certainly more fun.

Unfortunately, MrEdwardNigma had to leave after the first encounter. YPU took over his character. We played until midnight, fighting hordes of kobolds armed with underhanded tactics and dwarven divebombs*. When we had enough of those kobolds, we put away the D&D stuff, and watched The Gamers, which is awesome. After that, we played the OOTS board game again. This time, YPU was Roy, Lianserin was V again, and I was Haley. We managed to get as far as Xykon, but he became too strong to defeat - we were pretty tired by then, so we decided to call it a night.

After a good night's rest, I woke up at my usual time of way too early. I went downstairs to read the OOTS books I had with me, and I was joined by YPU's dog, Lucky (always thought he was a leprechaun). When the rest woke up, we all had breakfast together, and read some more OOTS books. Then, my mother came to pick me up, and thus ended the Dutch Meetup.

I hope I have given you a good idea of what went on during the meetup. I had a great time, and I'd love to have another meetup sometime. I hope more Dutch (or Belgian, or German, or Zimbabwian) GiantITPers will join us next time - we'll try to plan it further in advance this time.

* Ye aulde receipe for a dwarven divebomb: take a barrel. Put caltrops in the barrel. Put flasks of alchemist's fire in the barrel. Fill the barrel with lamp oil. Close the barrel. Handle with care.

Natania
2007-08-24, 01:30 AM
oh, that sounds like so much fun!! I'm so sad that I couldn't be there for it :smallfrown:
I guess you'll just have to repeat it sometime when I'm in the Netherlands!!!

Lianserin
2007-08-24, 04:58 AM
actually YPU has the pictures so you should kick him. but is was a really fun meeting and we should plan the next one a little farther ahead so that more people will be able to join.

YPU
2007-08-24, 04:03 PM
yes i do have them right here (http://img412.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img412/8076/1187989193o8o.smil)
This should work, let me know if not.

Lord Herman
2007-08-24, 04:12 PM
I'm not seeing anything. Just a frog I can click for free image hosting.

MrEdwardNigma
2007-08-27, 08:01 AM
Lord Herman's Meetup Report

After a few failed spot checks, I found YPU's house, hidden behind a couple of trees. It's quite a large house, on a small patch of land surrounded by farmland. They have a pony
Which you managed to notice only after walking past it five times and then being told it was there by YPU:smallbiggrin:

As I got my bags out of the car, YPU just came back with Lianserin (I assume he picked her up from her place). After some introductions, we went inside, I was shown my room, and we had some tea. MrEdwardNigma arrived shortly thereafter
And hilarity ensued.

Now that everyone was there (that's YPU, Lianserin, MrEdwardNigma, and myself), we decided to get the meetup started properly. And how better to start a GiantITP meetup than with the Order of the Stick Adventure Game?
With two OOTS adventure games? :smallbiggrin:

I then got my DMing gear, and we set up for D&D. It was about 6 o'clock by then, so we put some pizzas in the oven, while we built our characters. Since Lianserin already had some ready-made characters, it didn't take too long for us to get started. The story was pretty simple: the party was hired by a local lord to get rid of a marauding band of kobolds. The first encounter gave a great example of why I love to DM new players. A bunch of kobolds attacked the party from the top of a tree. Instead of attacking them with his throwing axes, the barbarian (MrEdwardNigma) rushed forward, and tried to shake the kobolds out of the tree. He managed to kill one kobold this way, and then climbed up to drag another one out of the tree. Killing them with a ranged weapon might have been quicker or more effective, but this was certainly more fun.

Unfortunately, MrEdwardNigma had to leave after the first encounter
Yes, and without my antics, the game would surely never be the same...
Ah, and I can explain the whole draggin' them out of the tree business, see, at the time, I wasn't quite aware I had throwing axes... Oh, and pulling people out of trees is fun, off course, lets not forget that. Now, I demand pictures! Send them to me in my email, for all I care.

And I'll see you all at the next meetup!