PDA

View Full Version : A Question to my Mods

Rincewind
2007-06-06, 01:31 PM
I started a thread named "+18 D&d question be here" and asked what the mechanics of d20 premature ejaculation would be...

I was kinda serious, and I also thought it would be a fun brain-storming...

So why was it locked? :frown:

"This may be because the thread has reached a point where it is so off topic or violating so many rules that it can’t be recovered by other Mod actions, or because it’s a copy of another active thread."

Are we allowed to discuss Hinjo's junk, but not premature ejaculation?
Are we allowed to discuss "CharNameHere's Romantic Interests", but not sex issues (erotic rulebook!)?

Is "premature ejaculation" considered "Excessive Use of Profanity" ?
Is "premature ejaculation" considered "Explicit sexuality" ?

Anyhow, this is not a complaint, but just a regular question... I read the rules, did I miss something?

The Great Skenardo
2007-06-06, 01:39 PM
I'm thinking it's the explicit sexuality one.

Amotis
2007-06-06, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I think if you have to specify an age group topic; it's probably not appropriate for the boards.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-06-06, 02:50 PM
In case you hadn't noticed, this forum is limited to PG content and middle-school jokes about sexual euphemisms. Mature discussion of sexual topics might warp the fragile little mind of some ten year old who got on to write badly-spelled posts about how the Warlock is overpowered or who Sephiroth could beat in a fight. And we wouldn't want to alienate this board's primary member-base, would we?

I should probably add that this is not meant to flame anyone particularly, just using a hyperbolic example.

Roland St. Jude
2007-06-06, 02:52 PM
Is "premature ejaculation" considered "Explicit sexuality" ?

Yes. (Note: I've not seen the thread, so it may also have been because of the posts that followed yours. But that type of explicitly sexual question/comment would be enough to remove it.)

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-06, 03:07 PM
"the mechanics of d20 premature ejaculation"...

Who cares? Dose everything in D&D have to depend upon a dice roll? And why incorporate sex into the game anyway? Yeesh....

Rincewind
2007-06-06, 03:10 PM
Mature discussion of sexual topics might warp the fragile little mind of some ten year old who got on to write badly-spelled posts about how the Warlock is overpowered or who Sephiroth could beat in a fight. And we wouldn't want to alienate this board's primary member-base, would we?

I should probably add that this is not meant to flame anyone particularly, just using a hyperbolic example.

Oh... I understand now... I never checked the age group of our fellow posters, I just assumed the D&d Discussion boards style was like that... :biggrin: Thank you! :)

Rincewind
2007-06-06, 03:11 PM
"the mechanics of d20 premature ejaculation"...

Who cares? Dose everything in D&D have to depend upon a dice roll? And why incorporate sex into the game anyway? Yeesh....

Yeah, welcome to GiantITP forums. Enjoy your visit.

Rincewind
2007-06-06, 03:13 PM
Yes. (Note: I've not seen the thread, so it may also have been because of the posts that followed yours. But that type of explicitly sexual question/comment would be enough to remove it.)

Thanks O' wielder of the ban stick :smallsmile: It's important for me to understand what you wielders of the ban hammers (and locking abilites) consider an explicitly sexual question, so I don't get an insta-ban in the future.

Admiral_Kelly
2007-06-06, 03:16 PM
Ya' know that statement would have held more weight if you weren't the guy who started this thread.

Anyway, question was answered; I believe that this thread should be locked now.

Rincewind
2007-06-06, 03:31 PM
Ya' know that statement would have held more weight if you weren't the guy who started this thread.

Anyway, question was answered; I believe that this thread should be locked now.

Oh! But of course, where were my manners? :smallamused:

HempRope
2007-06-08, 12:34 PM
In the future, I would suggest consolidating those three posts in a row into one; it's rather cleaner.

And is that "middle school jokes" guideline coming from someone official, or just Nerd's rule of thumb?

Rincewind
2007-06-08, 01:12 PM
Umm.. Actually I posted them on seperate times, and disregard this long dead thread, I love your avatar :)

Jack Squat
2007-06-08, 01:21 PM
You can edit your posts to add in. Those posts were made fairly close together (within 3 minutes of eachother), and you could have edited in your replies to the other posters.

Rincewind
2007-06-08, 01:30 PM
You can edit your posts to add in. Those posts were made fairly close together (within 3 minutes of eachother), and you could have edited in your replies to the other posters.

Well, how do we do that? :/
I've tried, but other than manually copying and adding quotes around everyone I want to quote, I couldn't find anyway to do that...

Roland St. Jude
2007-06-08, 01:31 PM
Okay, well, the OPs question has been answered and he's gotten some very good advice on editing posts rather than triple posting, so I'm going to close this thread now.