PDA

View Full Version : A Good Feat?

Realms of Chaos
2007-06-06, 01:41 PM
Battlefield Focus
When in combat, you can focus exclusively on the battle.
Prerequisites: Iron Will, Weapon Focus, Fighter Level 1
Benefits: You gain a +1 bonus on initiative rolls while any weapon you possess weapon focus with is held and gain a +1 bonus on critical conformation rolls with all such weapons.
While wielding a weapon you possess weapon focus with in battle, you gain a +2 circumstance bonus on will saves against mind-affecting effects.
Special: This feat may be taken as a bonus fighter feat. This feat may be taken multiple times, choosing a new weapon each time. Its effects stack.

The first two abilities are small but the third is huge. Is this a bad feat? A bad concept?

Closet_Skeleton
2007-06-06, 02:00 PM
I would change all abilities to a flat +2. Possibly making the will save bonus a differant feat. Improved Initiative and Power Critical both give +4 to what you've given a +1 to and a +1 is rather pathetic in these cases. If you want the save bonus to be level based it should be 1 every four or five levels. Otherwise it might as well be immunity which is worth more than a feat.

Possibly add in ranks in concentration as a prerequisite, but that's just because it makes sense fluff wise. I would say no more than a 2 rank requirement since concentration isn't a fighter class skill.

FoeHammer
2007-06-06, 03:10 PM
I would change all abilities to a flat +2. Possibly making the will save bonus a differant feat. Improved Initiative and Power Critical both give +4 to what you've given a +1 to and a +1 is rather pathetic in these cases. If you want the save bonus to be level based it should be 1 every four or five levels. Otherwise it might as well be immunity which is worth more than a feat.

Possibly add in ranks in concentration as a prerequisite, but that's just because it makes sense fluff wise. I would say no more than a 2 rank requirement since concentration isn't a fighter class skill.

I agree. Would the +2, +4(s) stack?

Oh and... Yoinkage!!:smalltongue:

Triaxx
2007-06-06, 07:16 PM
I love the idea. But I ask would it stack not only with Improved Initiative, and Power Critical, but with itself? So if you're dual weilding daggers, do you get a bonus from and for each weapon?

Realms of Chaos
2007-06-07, 08:08 AM
I just modifiied the feat. It now stacks with itself (except for with will saves), making the small bonuses more of a necessity.