PDA

View Full Version : Links to complete arcana 3.5, anyone?

Thorin
2007-06-06, 05:55 PM
Can anyone give me a link to this? i want to know all the news in the rules and the new classes

Ashes
2007-06-06, 06:00 PM
You won't find illegal stuff here, and I suggest you don't go looking for it. It might get you banned.

Counterpower
2007-06-06, 06:09 PM
*Sigh* Um........ isn't the point of selling it so that they can make money, not so that someone can put it up on the Internet and help everyone else evade the cost, which IS stealing? Seriously. If you want to know what's in the book, you need to buy the book.

Okay, rant about copyright restrictions over.

Wait, complete arcane, you mean? Unless there's a complete arcana that came out when I wasn't looking?

Complete arcane has the Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil, which apparently is one of the more devastating classes. It has the warlock, warmage, and wu jen base classes. New wizard/sorcerer spells (as if they need more options)......

Well, I can't think of anything really to say about it. Do you want to know more about:
The spells?
The prestige classes?
The base classes?
The feats?
etc.

I can't give specific rules details, since the book is not OGC. I can tell you more about what you would get if you decided to buy it.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-06-06, 06:09 PM
If you mean Complete Arcane, try here (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-1622859-8474306?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=complete+arcane&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go).

If you mean Unearthed Arcana, parts of it can be found under "Variant Rules" here (http://www.d20srd.org/).

Wow, Complete Scoundrel's only 20 bucks on Amazon. Forget you, Borders, I'm buying from the internets.

Khoran
2007-06-06, 06:10 PM
Complete Arcane is not OGL content, so we cannot post content from it or links to illegal downloads. We can tell you about the classes, but we cannot post stats.

So, quick run down on the classes
Warlock: Blaster who has his blasting abilities at will, and can apply certain properties to them.
Warmage: Kinda like a like a Blaster Sorcerer, but with class features and a few less spells.
Wu Jen: Really similar to a Wizard, with some class features that certain spells always have meta magic applies. It's kinda a strange class.

I'm sorry I can't say more, but I've never played them, and can't post anything specifics.

Thorin
2007-06-06, 06:12 PM
Yes, I meant complete Arcane

And no, Í donīt want any non-law-aprobed file

Nerd-o-rama
2007-06-06, 06:15 PM
So, I reiterate: Amazon.com. Twenty dollars, and I think you can get free shipping. Even a brief summary of the whole book would take too much time, but I can say that I definitely recommend it. It has a couple fun base classes and more fun prestige classes, including "Initiate of the Sevenfold complete invulnerability" and the Mathemagician. I mean Geometer. Also, many many useful feats for spellcasters and nonspellcasters, and a large number of new Sor/Wiz spells.

ClericofPhwarrr
2007-06-06, 06:17 PM
Here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20041105a)'s the free excerpt from wizards.com. (Easily found with a quick google search, I might add.)

Counterpower
2007-06-06, 06:18 PM
Sorry for the misconception. It's just, any link that has any content you could use in your game without buying the book would be illegal.

And I get really frustrated with all the times I've heard people say "Oh, yeah, I downloaded dozens of D&D books off of this cool site, and didn't have to pay anything" I tend to overreact to that.

Khoran
2007-06-06, 06:21 PM
Yes, I meant complete Arcane

And no, Í donīt want any non-law-aprobed file

If you want to Download a copy legally, DriveThruRPG sells Watermarked PDFs that are perfectly legal. However, I would recomend Nerd-o-Rama's route of getting the Amazon copy, since it's both a hard copy (easier to transport, more accessable, not distracting at the gaming table) and it's cheaper.

Emperor Tippy
2007-06-06, 06:28 PM
Sorry for the misconception. It's just, any link that has any content you could use in your game without buying the book would be illegal.

And I get really frustrated with all the times I've heard people say "Oh, yeah, I downloaded dozens of D&D books off of this cool site, and didn't have to pay anything" I tend to overreact to that.
I'm just curious, why do you overreact?

Most D&D books (especially the new ones) are not worth the asking price.

But to the OP, yeah you can't get a legal PDF version and most of the content is non OGL. Just go pick up a cheap copy from amazon or maybe ebay.

Counterpower
2007-06-06, 06:59 PM
I'm just curious, why do you overreact?

Most D&D books (especially the new ones) are not worth the asking price.

But to the OP, yeah you can't get a legal PDF version and most of the content is non OGL. Just go pick up a cheap copy from amazon or maybe ebay.

"Not worth the asking price." Why do you say that?

To answer your question, IRL I'd probably have a Lawful alignment. It is against the law to use someone's intellectual property without compensating them for the time and effort they put into the work. Besides, if everyone decided to steal from WotC like that (and it is theft), they wouldn't make new books. I can only speak for myself, but I prefer to have other people do the work of creating these classes, and feats, and spells, and... oh, you get the idea. Most of them are usable, as far as I know.

ohgodwhyamionfi
2007-06-06, 07:07 PM
"Not worth the asking price." Why do you say that?

To answer your question, IRL I'd probably have a Lawful alignment. It is against the law to use someone's intellectual property without compensating them for the time and effort they put into the work. Besides, if everyone decided to steal from WotC like that (and it is theft), they wouldn't make new books. I can only speak for myself, but I prefer to have other people do the work of creating these classes, and feats, and spells, and... oh, you get the idea. Most of them are usable, as far as I know.

Yeah, well, a lot of things are against the law. You know who else liked laws? NAZIS. You're not a NAZI, are you?

SRSLY though it's not the same as theft. If you steal something physically, you actually took it. You have it, they don't, and they can't sell it. You can download a book and then buy it (some people do). Some people download books that they weren't going to buy either way, so WotC isn't actually losing any money.
Illegal? Sure. Same thing as theft? Get real, it's more complicated than that.

DraPrime
2007-06-06, 07:14 PM
Illegal? Sure. Same thing as theft? Get real, it's more complicated than that.

Doesn't mean it isn't wrong. And stop making cheap excuses.