Memeplast
Tiny Aberration (Extraplanar, Psionic)
Hit Dice: 3d8+4 (17 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 15 ft. (3 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/-9
Attack: Tentacle +4 melee (1d2-3)
Full Attack: 2 Tentacles +4 melee (1d2-3)
Space/Reach: 2 ˝ ft./1 ft.
Special Attacks: Manifesting
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., mindsight, psychic symbiosis
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +5
Abilities: Str 4, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 18, Wis 14, Cha 14
Skills: Autohypnosis +8, Concentration +6, Hide +16, Knowledge (Psionics) +10, Listen +8, Psicraft +10
Feats: Weapon FinesseB, Psionic Endowment, Psionic Body
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Any
Advancement: By class level (Favored class: Psion)
Level Adjustment: +2 (cohort)

Memeplasts are psychic symbiotes born of the Astral Plane. Memeplasts are created when ectoplasm is supersaturated with psionic energy, and transforms into living flesh. However, the new-found corporeality of the Memeplasts creates an almost infinitesimal tension between the fabric of the planes which, although small, draws the Memeplast through it, and into the Material Plane, within minutes of its formation. Memeplasts are very small and have a primitive and simple anatomy–a small, elongated body, the bare protuberance of a head featuring nothing more than a circular mouth, and two slender tentacles. The overall effect is that of a small, blind, maimed squid. The personalities and alignments of Memeplasts are just as varied as those of humans, although a majority of Memeplasts would seem to be neutral in at least one aspect of alignment. Memeplasts seek out other psionic creatures to symbiotically bond with–and, because of their power-enhancing abilities, are sought out themselves by psions and other manifesters as companions and cohorts.

Manifesting
A Memeplast manifests powers as a 3rd level Psion. Each Memeplast is attuned to one discipline of psionics, and can learn psionic powers that are restricted to that discipline. It receives 15 power points each day. The save DC of its powers is equal to 14 plus the power’s level.

Typical Powers Known (Egoist)
1st: detect psionics, energy ray, inertial armor, thicken skin, vigor; 2nd: animal affinity, specified energy adaptation

Typical Powers Known (Kineticist)
1st: control object, detect psionics, energy ray, inertial armor, far hand; 2nd: energy missile, energy stun

Typical Powers Known (Nomad)
1st: burst, detect psionics, energy ray, inertial armor, skate; 2nd: dimension swap, psionic levitate

Typical Powers Known (Seer)
1st: destiny dissonance, detect psionics, energy ray, inertial armor, precognition; 2nd: clairvoyant sense, recall agony

Typical Powers Known (Shaper)
1st: astral construct, detect psionics, energy ray, entangling ectoplasm, inertial armor; 2nd: concealing amorpha, swarm of crystals

Typical Powers Known (Telepath)
1st: detect psionics, energy ray, inertial armor, mind thrust, psionic daze; 2nd: brain lock, psionic suggestion

Mindsight (Su)
A Memeplast can sense the minds of creatures within 60 ft. of it. This functions as the blindsight ability, except that the Memeplast can only perceive intelligent creatures with it. However, due to the psionic resonance of the Memeplast’s own thoughts, it can sense anything within 10 ft. of itself as blindsight, even if it is not intelligent.

Psychic Symbiosis (Su)
As a standard action, a Memeplast can forge a mental link with a willing creature that it is physical contact with. The link lasts for as long as the Memeplast and the other creature remain in physical contact with each other. While linked, they can communicate with each other telepathically. In addition, if the other creature is capable of manifesting psionic powers, then it and the Memeplast share their power points, and either can manifest the other’s powers known.

The Demented One
2007-06-15, 08:39 AM
Veni, vidi, bumpi.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-06-15, 08:52 AM
Interesting. Very interesting. In fact, I like them so much I want to yoink them for Tyrath. ^_^ And if you don't mind, I'd like to put them in my novel, too.

DraPrime
2007-06-15, 09:25 AM
Very interesting although at higher levels it might get a little bit useless. Still, I really like it and think that it's pretty cool.

Matthew
2007-06-16, 09:27 PM
Shouldn't the BAB of this critter be [BAB 1 + Size 2] 3? That would make the Grapple -8 and Attack +5.

EvilElitest
2007-06-16, 10:22 PM
A bit more fluff please, like how do they think, a bit more discription, and a tad bit more on aligment, other than that it looks good
from,
EE

Call Me Siggy
2007-06-16, 10:28 PM
*ahem*

im in ur brain, talkin with ur thoughts

WHAT? It's a memeplast...

But seriously, very interesing. I can imagine this would make for a creepy encounter...Suddenly, in the middle of the night, the PCs hear a voice in their heads...We couldn't be going insane, could we?