PDA

View Full Version : Wizards Spellbook /Sorceror's Spelllist / Computer Resources

Manave_E_Sulanul
2007-06-06, 07:13 PM
Hey all,

I was wondering what sort of online or download resources people use in order to keep track of their wizard character's spellbooks, spells per days and spells known in the case of a spontaneous caster and any other caster book keeping that you can imagine. I've always used a .txt document or a healthy sized stack of notebook paper but I'm getting to the point where it is too inconvenient given the number of high level arcanists I currently possess.

Also, anything similar to that for Psionics you use?

Valete!

Damionte
2007-06-06, 07:21 PM
I usually keep track of wizards spellbooks by actually writing out the spellbook. I use one of those little hand held notepads. The flip open type and just write the spells in there. It's both convienent in that I have it right there, in a small easy to carry book, but also adds a bit of flavor to my characters to actually have my spell book at the game table.

For things like clerics I have a standard group of spells I pick all of the time, with a sidebar of spells that I commonly swap out. despite the abundance of spells out there to use, I find I still just use a handful of spells at each level most of the time.

With caster like Sorc, or Warmage, or a Psionic character keepign track of my spells/powers is much easier. They don't get as many spells so it's much easier to keep track of.

Dausuul
2007-06-06, 07:25 PM
Hey all,

I was wondering what sort of online or download resources people use in order to keep track of their wizard character's spellbooks, spells per days and spells known in the case of a spontaneous caster and any other caster book keeping that you can imagine. I've always used a .txt document or a healthy sized stack of notebook paper but I'm getting to the point where it is too inconvenient given the number of high level arcanists I currently possess.

Also, anything similar to that for Psionics you use?

Valete!

For spontaneous casters, I use the spell list section on my character sheet; their spells known are limited enough that it's not a problem.

For prepared casters... well, I quit playing prepared casters, because I hate the Vancian spell mechanic so much.

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-06-06, 07:28 PM
I use SpellGen 2.0 (http://pigmentia.net/spellgen/spellgen_20.htm) to generate spell lists and spellbooks. It's quick, clean, efficent, and accurate. It even auto-calculates DC's based on casting stat and modifiers.