PDA

View Full Version : Building the Tippyverse as a campaign?

druid91
2015-11-29, 06:57 PM
This has been an idea of mine for quite a long time. And that is, what if you had a party of spellcasters, who have secluded themselves for quite a long time, come out of seclusion to view the typical medieval fantasy world around them. Bickering feudal lords, monstrous threats to the people, famine, plague... They hold the potential to cure these ills, but that would require resources. Resources others might not be willing to give. And while potent, they are far from the tallest on the Totem Pole.

Cue their adventures and misadventures in trying to build the Tippyverse.

The game seems like it would run a little differently from a typical game, since rather than going and trying to tear down established villains and then go drink their loot away, the players are trying to establish a geographic power in their own right. That combined with the somewhat interesting challenge of 'how do we overcome this problem to doing X.' Seems like it would lead to a fun, if probably difficult to DM game.

EDIT: For reference. The-Definitive-Guide-to-the-Tippyverse-By-Emperor-Tippy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?222007-The-Definitive-Guide-to-the-Tippyverse-By-Emperor-Tippy)

Uncle Pine
2015-11-29, 07:04 PM
I know I'd love to play a game like that.

druid91
2015-11-29, 07:12 PM
Yeah, as would I. BUT this isn't a recruitment thread. But instead a sort of idea thread to try and gather cool ideas and directions for a DM to take this. I mean there's plenty of resources to draw from for more traditional campaigns.

Some of them come directly from the Premise. Tracking down sources of necessary spell components. Finding a good location for a headquarters. Building defensible production facilities. Convincing people to join your cause. Dealing with lords who don't like that Serfs are fleeing their lands to join your fledgling magocracy...

Alistaroc
2015-11-29, 08:06 PM
Stronghold Builder's Guidebook is a great place to start, as it has plenty of rules for building a base. I'd say it's a must for any Tippyverse campaign.