PDA

View Full Version : Homm 5

Stick_Ninja
2007-06-06, 10:27 PM
Okay, this thread is about love/hate (but mostly love) for Heroes of Might and Magic 5. Who here on the boards plays it? I'd like to know your opinions.

Also, how amazing does Tribes of the East look? Linky (http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes5/tavern.php) to a site with lots of information on ALL the HOMM series.

Krytha
2007-06-06, 10:31 PM
I loved LOVED HOMM3 and was so excited when Homm5 was announced (4 can go suck a lemon) but my crappy computer is unable to run 5. I played it a bit on my friends' computer and I know that I will get it one day... ONE DAYYYY :smallfrown:

Stick_Ninja
2007-06-06, 10:37 PM
Man, that stinks.:smallfrown:

But have faith! (And yeah, 4 was terrible. It was worse than Watergate, WMD, Bay of Pigs, the Catholic Church's platform of non-involvement in the Holocaust and kicking puppies rolled into one.)

Assasinater
2007-06-07, 10:14 AM
I personally think that 4 was not that bad. Yes, it tried something new, and may have failed at it a bit, but at least it didn't have excess graphics which causes my computer to lag like an online game with a 56k modem, like Heroes 5 is proud of doing(don't get me started on the "strategy" the gaming industry is following). And the script of the campaigns weren't so bad.

On the other hand, Heroes 5 brought back the old combat system (which is nice), and has a somewhat interesting story (emphasis on somewhat).

So, in my opinion:

3 >>> 4 >= 5

Or something like that.

Lord Herman
2007-06-07, 10:53 AM
I love Heroes 5. It's practically Heroes 3 (which was fantastic), but with better graphics.

My last computer had trouble running it, though. Maybe my new one will run it more smoothly - I haven't tried it yet.

Tekar
2007-06-07, 11:06 AM
It was a nice game and I had quite some fun with it. That being said I still think Age of Wonders kicks HoMM's ***.

Tengu
2007-06-07, 02:05 PM
That being said I still think Age of Wonders kicks HoMM's ***.

Couldn't agree more. Age of Wonders 2 (1 to a lesser extent) was a wonderful fantasy strategy game, with lots of options and awesome atmosphere and music. Very underrated.

HoMM are still great though. V is worse than what III was at its time, but is better than how III is now. IV was a step back from III, but still a good game.