PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Favored Soul (PEACH)

DracoKnight
2015-11-30, 05:08 AM
Yes, I know that WotC put out a Favored Soul in their Unearthed Arcana, but my DM and I didn't feel that it was what a favored soul should be. So, here's our stab at a 5e Favored Soul (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B66RprYE6_HHT19IcWJTUW51VUE/view?usp=sharing)!

Thank you in advance for you input.

ImSAMazing
2015-11-30, 05:49 AM
FIrst! It looks cool. It's a bit sad that it gets the same amount of spells as the Sorcerer, but that just points at the weaknesses of the Sorcerer class. Screening through it, it looks great.

DracoKnight
2015-11-30, 11:53 AM
FIrst! It looks cool. It's a bit sad that it gets the same amount of spells as the Sorcerer, but that just points at the weaknesses of the Sorcerer class. Screening through it, it looks great.

I gave it the spells known of the Sorcerer because I didn't want to make the class too overpowered.

Do the power levels seem okay?

DracoKnight
2015-11-30, 12:39 PM
Should they get the War Magic/Improved War Magic of the Eldritch Knight to make them a true Gish? Or are they already good enough? I am leaning towards the latter.

GandalfTheWhite
2015-11-30, 10:56 PM
I gave it the spells known of the Sorcerer because I didn't want to make the class too overpowered.

Seems fairly well polished. Most of the things in the class are things that exist already. The capstone is nice, but not so amazing that you feel like you can't multiclass (which is something WotC has trouble with - things are either "meh", or "OH MY GOD I NEED THIS!") and it fixes all the issues I had with the Unearthed Arcana Favored Soul.

Should they get the War Magic/Improved War Magic of the Eldritch Knight to make them a true Gish? Or are they already good enough? I am leaning towards the latter.

I wouldn't. You have so much going on already - although. . .hmmmmmm. . . It might balance out the fact that they only get sorcerer amount of spells known, and use the sorcerer spell list (one of the worst in the game, IMO)

EDIT: Their domain spells put them sort of on par with the Bard in terms of spells known. AFB, but I'm pretty sure.

Requiemforlust
2015-12-01, 01:40 AM
At long last! The TRUE 5e Favored Soul!! :D

PoeticDwarf
2015-12-01, 10:39 AM

It also gets all the domain spells. So that gives a big total amount.

I think the class is balanced in most ways, power level around bard (also with extra attack he can use better than bard), sadly, in my opinion the bard is the best class in the game but the bard can do more than this class so it's OK.

You have to explain the level 10 feature, when does it deal the damage????

DracoKnight
2015-12-01, 12:33 PM
You have to explain the level 10 feature, when does it deal the damage????

That's an always on ability, I believe. I copied the Chosen of the Gods, Extra Attack (moved to 5th level instead of 6th), Divine Wrath, Divine Wings, and Power of the Chosen right from the UA Favored Soul.

PotatoGolem
2015-12-05, 10:39 AM

Seems quite strong to me- I definitely wouldn't add more. It already has a Paladin's smite and extra attack- you're almost as good as a paladin in martial combat, on top of being a full caster. If anything, the class is too strong, not too weak.