PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Dream Dwarf Spirit Shaman - spell and feat suggestions

Khedrac
2015-11-30, 01:59 PM
Folks,

I will be playing a Dream Dwarf Spirit Shaman in an upcoming campaign (because it seems an interesting combination to play) and I have some areas where I could use suggestions from the playground.

First off, let me say that we are using rolled stats (ugh) and I have rolled 15, 14, 12, 12, 11, 11 so I am looking at S11, D10, C13, I12, W14, Ch15 for the stat array ( I want the extra skill point but it is negotiable). We are also starting at level 2.

The campaign is fairly low-op so I want to go for "interesting" not "over-powered" (definitions will vary).
The only sources are WotC non-campaign world books (so no Eberron or Forgotten Realms material please, also no Dragon magazine).

The two main questions are:

1. What are good spells for a spirit shaman? Notably which have the Earth descriptor (for the dream dwarf's +1 caster level boost).

2. Any feat suggestions? I am currently looking at Improved Initiative for level one with an eye on Natural Spell for level 6.

My current ideas for starting spells are:
0th level: Cure Minor Wounds, Flare, Light
1st level: Aspect of the Wolf, Summon Desert Ally I

Oh, the rest of the party looks likely to be a Paladin of Tyranny, a Necromancer (not sure what type) and a fighter. We will probably have an NPC with us, not fighting but probably healing, at least to start with.

nedz
2015-11-30, 03:55 PM
FWIW: These are the low level Druid spells with the Earth Descriptor

Level 1
Foundation of Stone Spell Compendium

Level 2
Earthen Grace Spell Compendium
Flash-freeze Frostburn
Halo of Sand Sandstorm
Local Tremor Races of the Dragon
Locate Node Underdark
Scimitar of Sand Sandstorm
Soften Earth and Stone Player's Handbook
Thaw Frostburn

As to which spells are good ?
Well it depends upon what you are trying to do.

Khedrac
2015-12-01, 07:53 AM
Hehe - everything is situational.
Thank-you for the list though, that is useful