PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Villager Income/Money

NapazTrix
2015-11-30, 02:05 PM
I can not for the life of me find the correct Book/Page that describes how much normal villagers make a day or for a week.

If I can have specifics, it is a village for adults who all have a job, ranging from shoe shiners to low craftsmen.

I remember something saying 7 gold for a week, whereas another that was 10g a week, or 1 gold per day.

Geddy2112
2015-11-30, 02:16 PM
Untrained laborers generally get 1 silver/day for work. Trained craftsmen/laborers make 1/2 of their profession/craft check in gold per week of work.

Flickerdart
2015-11-30, 02:27 PM
I can not for the life of me find the correct Book/Page that describes how much normal villagers make a day or for a week.

If I can have specifics, it is a village for adults who all have a job, ranging from shoe shiners to low craftsmen.

I remember something saying 7 gold for a week, whereas another that was 10g a week, or 1 gold per day.
Take a typical young adult human guy. He's got 10s and 11s in all ability scores, and is a level 1 commoner. He earns money with Profession, probably Farming, and has a +4 modifier in it (Skill Focus is really for more educated people than him). His average result on the check is 14, and since he earns "about half" of the check in gold coins, he gets 7 gp per week, give or take a few coppers. If he rolls instead of taking 10, he may get as few as 2 gp, or as many as 12. An Old guy has enough Wisdom increases to make another gold piece.

Craftsmen use the Craft skill instead, and sell the items they make. The income varies with what they are making, which makes it hard to calculate how much they earn - a blacksmith for a village will be expected to make nails, horseshoes and iron pots, but also bells and locks and other more complex items.

Shoe shiners make 1 silver piece a day as untrained labourers - there's really not that much to shoe shining, especially village-level shoe shining.

Whatever a person earns, it's fair to assume that it is profit, and their tithes to their lord, church, landlord, guild, and so forth are covered before they earn this sum.

However, nobody in a medieval setting really works for themselves. A young man or woman won't be leaving home unless it is to establish a new household, in which case you now have multiple people to support, but can also count on Aid Another checks from children to ramp up your production and earn more coin.

NapazTrix
2015-11-30, 03:59 PM
Thank you, this has answered my question.