PDA

View Full Version : level 18 gish needs weapon

Nosta
2015-11-30, 02:22 PM
I have a level 18 warblade-duskblade gestalt and I need a really good weapon for this pc
I need something that compliments her being a gish
any ideas

Troacctid
2015-11-30, 02:40 PM
The Spell-Storing and Bloodstone enchantments are strong for a Duskblade, since they allow you to channel up to three spells on a single attack, which is a pretty nice nova.

Telonius
2015-11-30, 02:51 PM
It might be an obvious choice, but a Martial Discipline Weapon (keyed to a stance you typically use) is a nice, cheap option to boost your attack bonus (though not your damage).

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-11-30, 08:02 PM
Do you want an exotic weapon? A Kaorti Resin (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031014a) Falchion gets a natural 18-20/x4 crit. Make it +X Keen and it's 15-20/x4 instead. I'd throw on Thundering or a burst effect or similar that deals extra damage for a higher multipler, just for the cool factor.

You'll definitely want include Spell Storing, and put (Lesser Rod of) Maximized Vampiric Touch or similar in it. Speed is something you'll want to consider, and Wrathful Healing from Enemies and Allies costs a +3 and heals you for half the damage the weapon deals, including the extra damage from strength and Power Attack.

You should probably only make it a +1 weapon plus the special properties, and get someone to put (Lesser Rod of) Extended Greater Magic Weapon on it every day, or you can cast that yourself with Arcane Disciple. Alternatively, make it a wooden weapon and put Unguent of Timelessness on it before it's enchanted. That never wears off and will make it so any spells cast on it, such as Greater Magic Weapon and Greater Mighty Wallop, will last 365 times longer than usual. Hire an NPC spellcaster to put Extended versions of those on it at a caster level of 20th, with a Ring of Enduring Arcana for +4 to the Dispel DC, and they'll last twenty months but should only cost you 800 gp each at the standard rates (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/goodsAndServices.htm#spell). You could also get Deeper Darkness cast on that, Heightened to a 9th level spell so it automatically overwhelms any light spell of lower level, and it will last twenty years for only 1,800 gp. That will look awesome, and the darkness effect will be blocked whenever it's sheathed, but that's probably best saved for a stealthy character.