PDA

View Full Version : Kaorti Resin Falchion

Nosta
2015-11-30, 08:14 PM
I like to have a cool pc who uses this

but i'm not sure what one I was thinking of doing a leap attack build

and i'm not sure what the cost of A +1 Keen collision Kaorti Resin Falchion would cost

some help please

Curmudgeon
2015-11-30, 08:19 PM
You can't just buy a Kaorti weapon; you have to convince a Kaorti to make one for you from its own body. They're Neutral Evil Outsiders, so your best bet is to also be a Neutral Evil Outsider. A Tiefling (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/planetouched.htm#tiefling) would be a good choice.

Nosta
2015-11-30, 08:29 PM
You can't just buy a Kaorti weapon; you have to convince a Kaorti to make one for you from its own body. They're Neutral Evil Outsiders, so your best bet is to also be a Neutral Evil Outsider. A Tiefling (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/planetouched.htm#tiefling) would be a good choice.

ok say I Want a mercurial Kaorti Resin collision keen bastard sword. is this something that can be done?

Curmudgeon
2015-11-30, 09:04 PM
Mercurial: no; it's got to be part of the basic construction, and Kaorti don't use any other materials but their own resin. The rest: maybe. You have to convince a Kaorti to make a masterwork weapon for you. Everything after that can be commissioned by someone else with Craft Magic Arms And Armor.

MisterKaws
2015-11-30, 10:01 PM
ok say I Want a mercurial Kaorti Resin collision keen bastard sword. is this something that can be done?

Even if it could be done in your DM's campaign, it's probable that you'd take a DM's guide to the head before you had this question answered.

dascarletm
2015-12-01, 12:01 AM
Ensure you have diplomacy, a good deal for the Kaorti, or a way to cast Mindrape. (Charm Monster could also be used).

Tell them to make you a weapon with a hollow inside and fill it with this intersting liquid metal.

Flickerdart
2015-12-01, 12:04 AM
I can't imagine that filling an organic substance with quicksilver is going to work out well for you.

Tvtyrant
2015-12-01, 12:11 AM
If your DM is okay with that kind of cheese I would suggest getting a Kaorti as a follower using leadership.

Curmudgeon
2015-12-01, 12:11 AM
I can't imagine that filling an organic substance with quicksilver is going to work out well for you.
I guess the best to hope for is that the character has immunity to all poisons, and manages to give Mercury poisoning to those who attempt a grapple due to all the stuff leaking out of their resin blade.

dascarletm
2015-12-01, 12:18 AM
Back in the day we used to play with mercury in grade school science class, bare handed I tells yah! No repercussions whatsoever.... what are we talking about again?

Âmesang
2015-12-01, 12:42 AM
Now you just need an epic Kaorti resin blade with the god, Mercury, stuffed inside. :smallbiggrin:

Flickerdart
2015-12-01, 11:35 AM
Now you just need an epic Kaorti resin blade with the god, Mercury, stuffed inside. :smallbiggrin:

Why not skip the middle man, play a Warhulking Hurler, and beat people to death with Mercury the planet?

Fouredged Sword
2015-12-01, 12:46 PM
One can grab a shard of a Kaorti and Ice assassin your way to a dedicated crafter (9th level solution). One can PAO a normal weapon into one (8th level spell). No enchantments though.

They are outsiders, so they can be bound using planer binding. From there, it should be just a matter of a charisma check and payment.