PDA

View Full Version : No, seriously...

Wolfman42666
2007-06-07, 10:51 AM
... am i the only person here who thinks that what xykon said to redcloak in their "we're about to die" moment was more important than what miko did, will do, wants to do, gahh. Honestly someone back me up, we just got character development for the bad guys and there's twice as many miko threads? :xykon: and :redcloak: have a line of dialogue as good as o-chul and hinjo's at the start of the war and everyones obessed with miko. No wonder shes so self centered when we're still posting about her:smallmad:

truemane
2007-06-07, 10:59 AM
Looking at the threads on the forum, tt would seem that you are, indeed the only person who thinks that.

Let's do an informal census:

Threads About Team Evil Character Arc: 1

Threads About Miko, Referencing Miko, or discussion Miko: 1,325,452,214.45

Yep.

Just you!

:smalltongue:

Ganurath
2007-06-07, 11:00 AM
As far as impact on the world goes, what Miko did was more important. As far as character development goes, however, I got an impression of the archvillians just being a couple of happy-go-lucky guys shooting for glory... Of course, there's going an awkward moment afterward.

BobTheDog
2007-06-07, 11:10 AM
What got me thinking was the fact that the two managed to escape while Soon was busy... Talking? Talking is a 12-goddamned Free Action!

He should AT LEAST have been able to give them a couple of Attacks of Opportunity when they got up!

Damn plot rules. :smallannoyed:

Megalomaniac2
2007-06-07, 11:14 AM
I thought it was really cute how Team Evil acted when they thought they were about to die. Xykon being reflective and resigned is a whole new one on me, and that panel makes it clear that despite all their tensions, Xykon and Redcloak have formed at least a professional bond.

Zhrec
2007-06-07, 11:22 AM
I thought it was really cute how Team Evil acted when they thought they were about to die. Xykon being reflective and resigned is a whole new one on me, and that panel makes it clear that despite all their tensions, Xykon and Redcloak have formed at least a professional bond.

Totally agree, I liked that, this make me to respect X and RC more. And also all of this Miko thing is became too much.

Bucephalus
2007-06-07, 11:26 AM
team evil is so cool, i dont know why everyone is obsessed with miko

Alchemistmerlin
2007-06-07, 11:33 AM
team evil is so cool, i dont know why everyone is obsessed with miko

Miko IS Team Evil. She's succeeded in more effective evil than both groups of Team Evil combined. She killed a ruler, threw a city into turmoil, and effected the very fabric of existence.

Quietus
2007-06-07, 11:41 AM
What got me thinking was the fact that the two managed to escape while Soon was busy... Talking? Talking is a 12-goddamned Free Action!

He should AT LEAST have been able to give them a couple of Attacks of Opportunity when they got up!

Withdraw action?

Twilight Jack
2007-06-07, 01:01 PM

Well, it looks to me like Soon abandoned finishing off Xykon and Redcloak to make a move to stop Miko. If so, he's the one who did the moving away, not Team Evil. Soon's realization that Miko was about to destroy the gate took precedence over what threat remained of the lich and his goblin pal. After all, Soon's oath is to protect the gate at all costs. It takes precedence over finishing off Xykon and Redcloak. In lifting the sword, Miko became the greater immediate threat to the gate, and Soon moved to stop her.

Poppatomus
2007-06-07, 01:14 PM
Actually it might even be simpler than that. He'd already smited once after all, but neither Xykon nor Redcloak had really had a chance to act. It's entirely possible that last smite against redcloak was his last attack for the round, the statement a free action, and the withdrawal the start of Xykon/redcloak's turn.

kirbsys
2007-06-07, 01:42 PM
Yeah Im just hoping that the gate 'splodes and she dies like she should, because personally she is my least favorite character in this comic

kirbsys
2007-06-07, 01:43 PM
Also whenever a book comes out with the scene where she gets the **** beaten out of her by Roy, ima buy two so I can cut those pages out and put them on my wall.

teratorn
2007-06-07, 02:13 PM
Soon had finished his round and likely spent his last smite evils. He could likely keep them there (Xykon had to carry Redcloak) and even finishing off Xykon with regular attacks.

The thing is, the lack of PC's makes me wonder. This thread needs a spoiler in the tittle.

The Giant explained in too much detail that the PC's could not get there (tunnels, catapults). Hinjo had hinted at something terrible if the saphire was cut. I guess a huge blast is coming this way.

Froody
2007-06-07, 02:13 PM
@Wolfman: You're not quite the only one. I also really enjoyed that moment. I'm really looking forward to what they will say/do after Xykon lands in safety. Remember, while Soon may have beaten the crap out of Xykon (first time Xykon SERIOUSLY got defeated, actually), they still have a huge army at their disposal, and there are no Ghost Martyrs left.

Scarab83
2007-06-07, 02:15 PM
I didn't really see that part as character development. It seemed to be meant as something of a joke, possibly a quote from a movie. Like a prize fighter and his manager or something.

It was just too out of character.

Fishybugs
2007-06-07, 02:29 PM
I'm really looking forward to what they will say/do after Xykon lands in safety. Remember, while Soon may have beaten the crap out of Xykon (first time Xykon SERIOUSLY got defeated, actually), they still have a huge army at their disposal, and there are no Ghost Martyrs left.

Yes, the moment shared by Team Evil was wonderful....and I don't know about Miko...that girl is out there.

I'm hoping the "test NPCs" sail right through the window Xykon is attempting to fly out of. That could result in hilarity.

theinsulabot
2007-06-07, 02:57 PM
i think every egoist probably gets a little wistfull/contemplative at his death. and neither :xykon: nor :redcloak: have been big in the humble department

Caractacus
2007-06-07, 03:01 PM
You certainly aren't the only one - there's always my little thread contribution regarding their future...

I like Team Evil, and progression/development there would be v.good...

the_tick_rules
2007-06-07, 03:02 PM
if miko was just 1 round slower Xykon and Redcloak would be x-eyed right now. Oh the tides of fate.

Wolfman42666
2007-06-07, 03:07 PM
Thanks froody, i'm glad i'm not going insane,:smallbiggrin: (irony) personally i think there gonna either retreat behind a wall of hobgoblins or return to where the army made camp to lick their wounds (as it were, in xykon's case) but yeah i'm loking forward to that. Also for a lich and a high preist to put that much trust in each other, has to form at least a proffessinal bond.
also Go team evil!

teratorn
2007-06-07, 03:38 PM
Also for a lich and a high preist to put that much trust in each other,

If Tsukinky saw that she'll be jealous. And mad, he's a biophiliac after all.

Aquillion
2007-06-07, 03:45 PM
if miko was just 1 round slower Xykon and Redcloak would be x-eyed right now. Oh the tides of fate.Not necessarily. Redcloak would be, but Soon would presumably vanish when the gate is destroyed... this would prevent him from telling anyone how to destroy Xykon permanently (and how did he know where the phylactery was again? I missed that part.) So Xykon would have at least a shot at regenerating, and would be able to bring back Redcloak later through something like Clone, Wish, or epic magic (good minions are hard to come by.)

Although O-Chul might've heard, and would know what to do when unparalyzed. Hmm, wonder what he's going to say now...

MReav
2007-06-07, 04:04 PM
Miko IS Team Evil. She's succeeded in more effective evil than both groups of Team Evil combined. She killed a ruler, threw a city into turmoil, and effected the very fabric of existence.

Didn't Redcloak also do that? At least officially?

Redcloak killed the "supreme leader" of the Hobgoblins, overran a city with an army (which would throw it into turmoil), and burned down Lirian's Gate?

Ganurath
2007-06-07, 05:22 PM
if miko was just 1 round slower Xykon and Redcloak would be x-eyed right now. Oh the tides of fate.It must truly be the will of the gods!

Lord Zentei
2007-06-07, 05:58 PM
... am i the only person here who thinks that what xykon said to redcloak in their "we're about to die" moment was more important than what miko did, will do, wants to do, gahh. Honestly someone back me up, we just got character development for the bad guys and there's twice as many miko threads? :xykon: and :redcloak: have a line of dialogue as good as o-chul and hinjo's at the start of the war and everyones obessed with miko. No wonder shes so self centered when we're still posting about her:smallmad:

More important? Perhaps not, though it was certainly an excellent piece of character development and was to me unquestionably the most moving frame in that strip.

Since I mostly post in threads others have started I haven't commented on it until now -- so thanks for the thread. :smallwink:

jindra34
2007-06-07, 06:01 PM
Not necessarily. Redcloak would be, but Soon would presumably vanish when the gate is destroyed... this would prevent him from telling anyone how to destroy Xykon permanently (and how did he know where the phylactery was again? I missed that part.) So Xykon would have at least a shot at regenerating, and would be able to bring back Redcloak later through something like Clone, Wish, or epic magic (good minions are hard to come by.)

Although O-Chul might've heard, and would know what to do when unparalyzed. Hmm, wonder what he's going to say now...

Actually if she had been a round slower she might have heard Soon's plan... and that definitely=dead bad guys.

Ridureyu
2007-06-07, 06:04 PM
It's because Miko has boobies.

Quikngruvn
2007-06-07, 06:10 PM
I've decided to take a page out of V's book (not the spellbook) and will henceforth refer to That Fallen Paladin as, uh, "That Fallen Paladin". Yeah, it's longer to type out, but it gets the point across well IMO.

It's because [That Fallen Paladin] has boobies.

Well, she did show some nice Cleavage in 461 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0461.html)....

Iranon
2007-06-07, 06:47 PM
Well, I found it the most striking frame in the comic as well (and I count Miko among my favourite characters). That little bit of wistfulness instead of, for instance, playing the blame game throws an interesting light on the dynamics between our main villains.

I wonder whether it will have lasting effects... especially since there might be a conflict between them in the near future (Xykon wishing to call it a day since Azure City is no longer of interest to him, Redcloak desiring to see the siege through to the end for personal reasons/obligations to his hobos)

Black of Night
2007-06-07, 06:59 PM
Hey, at least :xykon: knows when to GTFO! And he even had the clarity of though to take :redcloak: with him! The silent scene where he just looks at Soon and realizes its time to go.... priceless.