PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [PF] Conjurer Teleportation Wizard Elf

4BR4
2015-12-01, 10:29 AM
Hi Ground,

I'll start a PF Campaign, from lv.12 to lv. 17-18, and I want to play a Conjurer Teleportation Wizard Elf, opposite schools Abjuration and Enchantment.

I have most of my build in mind but I'd like your suggestion for a couple of things.

First of all my build.

1.Improved Initiative
1b.Scribe Scroll
3.Spell Focus (Conjuration)
5. ???
5b.Persistent Spell
7.Improved Familiar
9.Greater Spell Focus (Conjuration)
10b.Opposition Research (Abjuration)
11.Quicken Spell
13.Spell Penetration
15.Spell Perfection (???)
15b.Dazing Spell
17.Greater Spell Penetration

My questions are:

1. any suggestion on my 5th Feat? I'm thinking about Augment Summoning, even if I don't think to summon if not for SLA's and spells, Fast Study or Heighten Spell.

2. any suggestion for the Spell Perfection spell? I'd like a spell that I can use together with the Dazing feat, but I really cannot find any spell in the conjuration school that like me. I can find nice spell in the Evocation or Transmutation school, but in such case, in order to gain the max from Spell Perfection, I'm thinking to change my Spell Focus feats for the appropriate school.

Thank you.

Kurald Galain
2015-12-01, 10:41 AM
How about Academae Graduate?

4BR4
2015-12-01, 10:49 AM
This feat is a Campaign related feat, thus it's not valid for me.

Valid manuals are Core, APG, Ultimate Combat and Ultimate Magic.

As I said, I will not use the Summon Monsters spell so often, also because the master doesn't like them, too many pieces on the board.

Geddy2112
2015-12-01, 11:15 AM
I will not use the Summon Monsters spell so often, also because the master doesn't like them, too many pieces on the board.
You are a conjuration wizard...it is kind of your thing. I totally understand your DM not wanting you to abuse it, but a summon now and again is not a huge issue. Even less of an issue if you are the only summoner. DO be responsible as a summoner though- plenty a DM has been burned by both absolute summon cheese but also by "Uh, I summon, uh....a tiger" DM:"Okay, what is its AC?" Summoner-"Uh...."
Have stats ready to go for your short list of most summoned monsters, and don't spend 5 minutes on your turn figuring out what to summon.

So I would take augment summoning for your 5th level feat, even if you don't plan on summoning a lot.

I don't think you need greater spell focus conjuration, unless you plan on using a ton of nasty battlefield control spells like cloudkill, hungry pit, etc etc. In which case you should take it.

Do you need opposition research into abjuration? It is not a bad school, but other than maybe pro evil there is not a ton of stuff you are missing.

Acid fog is probably your best choice for spell perfection in conjuration. A dazing acid fog is a massive save or rekt, as it can continue dazing and is great battlefield control. Incindiary cloud is also good, but a little high level.

4BR4
2015-12-01, 11:54 AM
I use summons usually for they SLa's or spell or other special ability, p.e. a my favourite right now is Azata Lillend, because we don't have a bard, or a Succubus for Dominate and Spell

Acid Fog is a nice call, but I'd like to target Reflex and use something that will not hinder also my party.

Geddy2112
2015-12-01, 12:00 PM
Lillend Azatas are amazing, cause they also pinch heal if somebody goes down, and contribute arrow fire in the meantime.

Hungry pit is a good conjuration spell for reflex, and making it a dazing spell is basically a save or die. Less hindering to the party, but also targets less of an area...

Edenbeast
2015-12-01, 01:18 PM
What about extend spell?

Also, for spell perfection, black tantacles is a conjuration spell. Now enemies are both grapped and dazed..

4BR4
2015-12-01, 01:59 PM
I prefer Extended Spell as Rod for my buff spells and I already have a Lesser Rod.

Black Tentacles is not a my favourite, his CMB is very bad, p.e. Ice Spears has by far a better CMB, and will leave the opponent prone after the dazing effect and once again will not hinder my party.

Florian
2015-12-01, 02:18 PM
I'm in favour of Augmented Summonings and _you_ preparing some stat cards for the most relevant sommonings to quicken up the actions.

twilsemail
2015-12-02, 12:05 AM
I'm a big fan of Maddening Oubliette. I think I'm a special snowflake, though.

4BR4
2015-12-02, 05:49 AM
Nice spell, even better that Maze if the foe cannot pass the saving throw, being permanently trapped in the demiplane.

Unlucky the spell is on a book not allowed in our campaign.

I'm thinking to change my Spell Focus for Evocation and take as Perfect Spell (Fireball or Chain Lightning or Freezing Sphere) or for Transmutation and Perfect Spell (Snapdragon Fireworks).

I can make all the above spells at spell lv.7 (and for the saving throw as spell lv.11) Dazing and Persistent and with a different elemental descriptor.

Changing the Spell Focus means I cannot select Augment Summoning, and with Snapdragon Fireworks Heighten Spell will be the obvious pick.

4BR4
2015-12-13, 01:12 PM
I change part of my build and I'd like once again your advises.

1.Improved Initiative
1b.Scribe Scroll
3.Spell Focus (Conjuration)
5.Spell Focus (Evocation)
5b.Persistent Spell
7.Improved Familiar
9.Greater Spell Focus (Conjuration)
10b.Quicken Spell
11.Greater Spell Focus (Evocation)
13.Spell Penetration
15.Spell Perfection (Ball Lightning)
15b.Dazing Spell
17.Greater Spell Penetration
19.Opposition Research (Abjuration)
20.Immortality

4BR4
2015-12-16, 10:18 AM
While still waiting for you advices on the build, I'd also receive you thoughts about the wondrous items, tings and armor essential for a wizard.

I'm thinking to the following

Belt: belt of physical might +6 (Dex and Cos).
Body: robe of the pinnacle.
Chest: ???.
Eyes: eyes of the eagle.
Feet: ???.
Hands: gloves of elvenkind.
Head: circlet of persuasion.
Headband: headband of mantal superiority.
Neck: amulet of natural armor.
Shoulders: cloack of resistance +5.
Wrists: ???.
Slotless: cracked dusty rose prism, orange prism, dusty rose prism.
Rings: ring of protection +5, ring of invisibility.
Armor: invulnerability haramaki +5.

Florian
2015-12-16, 12:09 PM
Hm. At that point, you should actually consider switching over to Evoker with the Admixture sub school.

As for the items, IŽd rather stick to a Robe of the Archmagi or an Otherworldly Kimono and have the other slots open.

4BR4
2015-12-16, 12:17 PM
I still find the powers of teleportation school more useful that the ones from the admixture school.