PDA

View Full Version : How easy is it to get sourcebooks?

Enlong
2007-06-07, 11:38 AM
See title. I'm talking about books like Complete Arcane, Complete Scoundrel, etc. Y'know, stuff that isn't in the SRD. Would I be able to find such books in say, a Barnes & Noble?

lotofsnow
2007-06-07, 11:48 AM
Yep, I've seen them at Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc. I tend to get mine on Amazon.com though.

Enlong
2007-06-07, 12:01 PM
Yep, I've seen them at Barnes & Noble, Borders, etc. I tend to get mine on Amazon.com though.

Good. Good. See, I really just want to get more information, 'cause up 'till now, I've only had the SRDs to go from. Also, I like being able to just go out and get the book rather then having to order and wait.

On a seperate, but not wholly unrelated note, how easy is it to get the various OOTS compilation books (Dungeon crawlin' fools, No Cure, etc.)

Person_Man
2007-06-07, 12:15 PM
Usually I can go into a used book store in my area and find at least 1 D&D book for under $10, and often several. If you go on Ebay, you can usually buy them for a relatively cheap price, as long as you're willing to wait until the last 10 seconds before the auction ends to pounce on it.

adanedhel9
2007-06-07, 12:30 PM
On a seperate, but not wholly unrelated note, how easy is it to get the various OOTS compilation books (Dungeon crawlin' fools, No Cure, etc.)

Those, I've not seen in more generic bookstores. Try to find a gaming shop nearby; they're likely to have them.

brian c
2007-06-07, 01:32 PM
Good. Good. See, I really just want to get more information, 'cause up 'till now, I've only had the SRDs to go from. Also, I like being able to just go out and get the book rather then having to order and wait.

OOTS books you might as well just order online (see the Shop link on the left side of the page) and D&D books are going to be about $10 cheaper on Amazon than in a store. If you order two books at once, that'd be enough to get free shipping too. Or Ebay for even cheaper, but then you have to pay shipping and you need to pounce, as Person_Man said.

SoulCatcher78
2007-06-07, 02:59 PM
.pdf formats from a number of sources online (for the out of print books) but I agree with Amazon being a great source (check out their used books for older material if you don't want to deal with .pdfs).

Fax Celestis
2007-06-07, 03:14 PM
Overstock.com has a remarkable selection of D&D books at good prices, actually.