PDA

View Full Version : Index 3.5 Melee and Magic: Plucky rebels vs. Tyrannical Five

Silverphantasm
2015-12-01, 01:04 PM
OOC
When I post, for sake of convenience I will have IC (In character) or OOC (Out of Character) prior to the paragraph of info. Most of my IC posts will be a "narrator describing the plot line and refreshing general updates from previous posts. If a new NPC takes an action I will give a name, race, general description the first time, in addition to the action performed, all later entries will be listed simply with NPC (Name):(Action specifics). During "narration" any information that should affect combat/skill checks will be bolded. Unless they have a specific name all npc characters will NOT be gestalted.

Things needed for story line, after addressing post below: A group name

IC
The rebels after a small discussion decided their best course of action was to pursue a faction of the enemy army that was traveling to safer areas to rest. They managed to sneak within 100' of the camp from the south, without being detected. After peering around a large section of boulders they confirmed that the enemy contingent was resting for the night, the low light atmosphere was provided by the fading sun and groups of fires throughout the camp. The enemy had come to rest in dry riverbed, roughly 50' wide and about a mile long, both sides of the river bed met with sheer stone walls close to 40' high. The ground is flat and smooth, covered with dirt and light gravel. The enemy force roughly 100, consists of 40-50 goblins, 10 -15 hobgoblins, 20 -30 orcs and 20- 30 half-orcs. All members of this group looked injured and fatigued. There are 4 guards (Orcs) on the south side of the camp, each is armed with 3 javelins and a great axe. Beyond them are 10 campfires with 6-8 figures around each fire, usually 4 goblins, a half orc and 2 orcs. There are 3 tents, one the commanders tent, one a medical tent, and the third is the supply storage area.

OOC
Skill DC(s)
Hide: 12 once within 60', +1 per 10 feet closer
Move Silently: Same as hide
Knowledge nature: 15 reveals that the there is nothing present to give rebels direct advantage environmental advantage besides higher ground on the cliff sides.
Climb check: Walls require 20 to manuver up, DC +2 on hide/move silently while climbing.

Goblin Enemy AC: 17 Total, 15, Flat footed, 13 Touch
Hobgoblin Enemy AC: 16 Total, 14, Flat footed, 12 Touch
Half Orc Enemy AC: 16 Total, 14, Flat footed, 12 Touch
Orc Enemy AC: 16 Total, 14, Flat footed, 12 Touch

DM Note: I believe I have provided everything necessary for combat to begin. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Macros
2015-12-01, 01:50 PM
If I might offer a few suggestions : I think it would be a good idea to open an independant thread in the OoC subsection, preferably with a link to the IC thread in the first post (a link to the various character sheets is also a must). Basically, haing a place to banter without any need to stay in character is good for morale. Also, to ask questions even when it's not your turn to post.

Ok, that was really one suggestion.:smalltongue:

"Well, that's a lot of orcs."

Cylian was watching from a distance the encampment, still not quite believing he was now officially in a full-scale resistance movement. Sure, he had been thinking things had to change for a long time, but since someone came to him to offer him the chance to strike back at the Tyranny, things have been going incredibly fast. Now he was in a group he didn't know, about to attack a small army with a handfull of comrades. Definitely a strange turn of events.

Pulling a wand from his bag, he discreetly casted supporting magic. Something told me they would need it if they were to survive this encounter.

"So, strike them hard, strike them fast?"

That seemed like the safest bet. If the initial assault was chaotic enough, panic might do most of the work for them.

Cylian casts Shield and Heroics (Cleave) (from eternal wand) on himself. Extra attacks are a must when facing 100+ opponents. :smallsigh:
Even if the battle doesn't start immediately, I'm pre-rolling my initiative : [roll0]

KuramtheWicked
2015-12-01, 03:11 PM
"Bah Orcs, tha scourge o' tha mountain."

Helli not the most tactful of fighters is ready to head straight into battle at a moments notice, anything to help put an end to the tyrannical rulers. Deciding to follow suit with Cylian he takes a second to gather himself. Raising his wielded Tower Shield and Waraxe as high as he could and a very disgruntled face, a crackling sound like the sound of popping knuckles. Two extra arms slide out from Hellis' body.

"I be ready ta go in head first if ye be willin' ta follow. If ye are goin' stealth I will need ta hang back a bit. I also haf' 'nother spell I'd like ta cast if we head straight in."

Helli taps his shield and mountain plate with his Waraxe noting he's ready to fight.

Cast Girallons Blessing

CozJa
2015-12-01, 03:29 PM
Joining his group, Altanit listened to their opinions on the battle ahead, at the same time using a wand to cast a spell on himself.

I can summon my draconic steed and survey the camp, if the need arise, or we can just charge them, even if it's not the best tactic...

He stopped for a moment, looking around himself and glancing at the river.

He takes the Wand of Primal Hunter, thinking of using it

black-jack
2015-12-01, 03:33 PM
"I believe Lucky and I are also ready for a fight. Leave the bigger ones to me."

Zytier looks on the encampment, disappointed at the number of enemies. The upcoming battle will be chaotic with so many bodies, and he would much prefer a simpler battle. Still, he knew that it must take place, and he would take his part in the battle. He made note of the location of the commander's tent, intent on ensuring he was struck down in the slaughter. Now calmed by the fact that he had a goal, he was ready for the upcoming battle.

"We'll stay behind Helli. Make sure the commander doesn't escape."

With one last glance at Lucky, who nodded reassuringly, he readied his crossbow for the battle to come.

1d20+7
EDIT: Not quite sure how to use the forum roller. Init is a 15

Silverphantasm
2015-12-01, 03:49 PM
[QUOTE=Macros;20142428]If I might offer a few suggestions : I think it would be a good idea to open an independant thread in the OoC subsection, preferably with a link to the IC thread in the first post (a link to the various character sheets is also a must). Basically, haing a place to banter without any need to stay in character is good for morale. Also, to ask questions even when it's not your turn to post.

Ok, that was really one suggestion.:smalltongue:

Thanks! Below please find the OOC thread for this campaign, I have stated that others besides players can post and ask questions, I can remove this if as a group you would like it, also considered using "votes" for future "Pick one of three option" this again is with player approval, as this is for fun. Also is the style of "narration that I am using acceptable"?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?467264-OOC-3-5-Magic-and-Melee-Plucky-Rebels-vs-Tyrannical-Five-OOC

Bobbybobby99
2015-12-01, 05:46 PM
Marius' keen eyes looked over the area, surveying it. He was finally getting to fight against those that decided that he was a good person to threaten. The dunderheads. His voice was soft, in the interest of not alerting the nearby encampment.
"Good heavens. That's certainly quite a few maniacs. Have I mentioned that I dislike large battles?"
He frowned lightly.
"I'm rather indirect, myself, but I suppose I might as well go the direct route if all else are in favor. I believe a quick healing over time spell once we begin should do the trick, as far as my personal defense goes. Once everyone else is finished with their preparations, we can simply charge them."

CozJa
2015-12-02, 05:10 AM
Altanit looked at Marius, then talked again.

"Our friend here spoke truly: there are a lot of enemies and while I'm sure we can easily beat them, a less... direct approach could be better.

He stopped for a moment, glancing at his other companions.

"If one of you is alble to render me invisible, I could call my mount, fly over the encampent and cast on them a powerful storm, that could be a sufficient distraction to guarantee the first strike..."

"What do you think about it?"

Also, prerolling Initiative!

[roll0]

Macros
2015-12-02, 05:52 AM
"Sounds good? But I'm afraid I can't help with invisibility."

Cylan tried to look confident, but couldn't help but feel a bit out of place. Everyone around him looked experienced and assured, like they had done this kind of stuff dozens of time already, while he was quite unsure of what to do. What business someone like him had fighting a war? Holding back a sight, the young elf tried to stand a little taller. He would have to wing it, he supposed. As usual.

KuramtheWicked
2015-12-02, 02:39 PM
Helli a little disgruntled that were not just charging headlong into the encampment, but recognizes the advantage that this could do for us.

"Aye if ye cou' do tha it'd be wonderful, although I kinna cast invisibility on ye. I be open ta other of ye suggestions."

Looking at the sentry guards specifically.

"We'd bes' focus on tha guards first. If ye need I ken sneak behin' em by diggin'."

[roll0]

Bobbybobby99
2015-12-02, 04:46 PM
Marius sighed, and softly said "I'm also incapable of using invisibility, unless you count the invisibility derived from certain illusions. I could disguise you, but they would likely still shoot on sight. Perhaps... I could create an illusion of an foot thick sheet of mist thirty feet above the ground, covering most of the area. It would prevent them from seeing you, and also leave them less hasty to think the storm out of place, while still disorganizing them."

Initiative: [roll0]
I knew that improved initiative would be handy :smallsmile:

Edit: Goodness, that thing is finicky. How does it even do that? Make that a 16, in any case.

Macros
2015-12-02, 05:28 PM
"But wouldn't that put them on guard, even if a bit, which is something we do not want? I mean, I know I'd be a bit surprised if mist suddenly showed up."

This was harder than he thought. Truth be told, none of his plans were ever that complex. If it was the right thing, he did it, and would deal with the consequences later. Always worked out for him, though he supposed that hen working with other people, things were different.

black-jack
2015-12-02, 05:37 PM
"Well, it appears none of us are prepared with invisibility. Perhaps a distracting illusion, to draw their attention elsewhere?"

Zytier was itching for the fighting to begin. It had been a while since he had struck a meaningful blow against the enemy, and he didn't want the opportunity ruined by stalling or overly complicated plans.

"We must decide quickly what we are going to do, or we could miss our opportunity. Something quick and simple."

Bobbybobby99
2015-12-02, 05:43 PM
Marius shrugged slightly, and spoke "Well, I can maintain the illusion for as long as I concentrate, so I could make it roll in over around a minute, which is a tad quick, but, well, they're Orcs, Goblins, and shades thereof. Not the brightest bunch. They'll be rather disturbed by the sudden storm anyhow. Does anyone object to the 'Mist then Storm then Charge' idea?"

Silverphantasm
2015-12-02, 05:49 PM
The band of rebels prepare themselves for their onslaught against the enemy faction. Using the cover of night they launch a surprise attack, the enemy completely disarrayed by the appearance of a focused group of combatants stares dumbstruck as the rebels follow their surprise attack by beginning combat in earnest.

Initiative: 7

bcool999
2015-12-02, 07:52 PM
Naereth

Naereth hovers, quite literally mind you, next to the others as they plan out their attack on the... something...? Oppressors! They were fighting an army of the Oppressors, but it seemed like it would be a long and messy fight. Well, good thing he had bound Buer this morning, her healing would come in handy after the fight. As the other's speak, Naereth slowly spins until his is upside down, revealing that his feet are hooves today instead of his normal feet. He then continues to slowly spin until he is right side up. "Alright, times up. Let's get started, I don't have all night to... to... What was I doing?... Ah right! Fighting! We're fighting now."

With that said, Naereth floats 30 feet closer to the guards and unleashes a bolt of eldritch energy at one of the guards directing the blast with his scepter.

Initiative [roll0]

Move action: draw scepter and move 30ft.
Ranged Touch Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

black-jack
2015-12-02, 08:20 PM
Zytier watches Naereth with mixed feelings, pleased by his initiative but unsure if he has any idea of what he is doing. Regardless, it was time to take action.
"Looks like the fighting's begun. Let's go Lucky; we don't want to miss out!"

He moves within 60' of the guards remaining close to Naereth, and begins aiming his crossbow. These things take time; he never rushes the perfect shot. After steadying himself, he exhales slowly, firing a bolt at one the guard closest to him. He inched closer as he reloaded his crossbow, knowing that he needed to work his way to the commander as soon as possible.

Surprise Round: Begin firing crossbow as a full-round
On init: Finish firing crossbow, reload as a move, 5-foot closer
To-hit:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]*2

KuramtheWicked
2015-12-02, 08:48 PM
Helli brandishes his Dwarven Waraxe with three hands and tower shield with another, moves towards the enemy and casts another spell. Conjuring what looks like a bunch of daggers circling him.

"This be more like it. Nae need for plans, straight inta battle."

He makes it to about 25 feet away from the enemy.

Cast Ring of Blades

CozJa
2015-12-03, 02:32 AM
Surprised by the sudden decision, Altanit decides to throw away any hesitation "Fine by me, let's bring down this idiots!"

Trying as best as he can to aim rightly, he started to concentrate on the far side of the encampment, chanting arcane words of power.

Surprise Round: casting Sleet Storm (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/sleetStorm.htm) on the far side of the encampment; DC 20 duration 8 rounds

Macros
2015-12-03, 02:50 AM
Joining the fray, Cylian incanted his magic. Suddenly, he and his allies felt lighter, their spped considerably picking up. The spell would soon wear off, but in the meantime, it would increase even more the damage they could cause.

Surprise round : casting Haste on everyone.
So, +1 attack, +1 AC, +1 reflex, one more attack when full attacking, and +30ft speed for the next 6 rounds. Have fun.

Normal round : I actually react after the ennemies. Yes, my init roll was that bad.

Silverphantasm
2015-12-03, 12:41 PM
As the rebels begin their attack, the enemy camp is thrown into disarray, due to the clever thinking of Altanit, the far side of the camp, including the commanders tent was now covered in a column of sleet. With the one side of escape seemingly closed off many of the orcs and goblins turned and bowled their companions over as they rushed towards the south, the distinct lack of camaraderie usually displayed by armies was made obvious as orc bowled goblins in the fires in their haste to move, the screams of those succumbing to the flames rang throughout the small valley.

The Southern end of the camp was equally rife with noise, due to the actions of Zytier and Naereth two of the four guards lay bleeding on the ground in unconscious heaps, the other guards jerked with the sudden appearance of the rebels and the collapse of their fellows. After a few seconds hesitation the larger of the two raised his head and shouted (in orcish) "Ambush! Ambush!" Turning his head back to the approaching enemy he snorted first with anger, then fear. He saw 5 figures approaching him, the first a wretched dwarf wielding a shield taller than he was, and carrying a war hammer with 3 arms, behind him he saw a figure floating in mid air, in the faint light he could see 3 others, but couldn't make out the details of their appearance. He growled and raised his weapon determined to kill the mutant dwarf, roaring with rage he charged directly at the dwarf swinging his great axe with all his might.

Meanwhile the camp behind the guards was slow to react, most were either drunk or sleeping and barely managed to stand and draw their weapons in the interim.

Guard (B)
Full round action:
Target: Helli
Charge Attack: (Power attack of -3 included)
Damage: [roll]1d12+12

1/2 of the rest of the camp:
Move action: Stand up and draw weapons

Macros
2015-12-03, 12:54 PM
Ok, I think we'll really a map at some point.

Forgetting his initial hesitation, Cylian ran to meet the opponents, his blade spontaneously coating itself in flames. Then, he jumped into the thick of the action, trying his comrades to carve a path toward the commander.

Swift action : burning a level 2 slot to power Arcane Strike
Move action : going wherever I canengage two ennemies at once
Standard action : attack [roll0]
Damage : [roll1] plus [roll2]

Free action (if first opponent dropped) : attack [roll3]
Damage : [roll4] plus [roll5]

KuramtheWicked
2015-12-03, 01:38 PM
Helli just laughs as the Orcs attack hits his shield and just clangs off with a loud bang.

"Didja think tha cat scratch wou' hurt me."

Taking his three arms and gripping his waraxe Helli brings his axe down on the Orcs head.

Attack: [roll0]
Axe Damage: [roll1]
Ring of Blades Damage: [roll2]

If he kills the Orc Helli decides to push forward into the wade of war inviting any goblins, half-orcs, and orcs to attack him.

Silverphantasm
2015-12-03, 05:54 PM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

H
O

G
O

G
O
G

G
O
G

H
O

G
O

H
O

G
O

G
O
G

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

G
O

G
G

O

H

O

O

H

O

G
O

G
G

G
G

O
G

O

H

O

O

H

O

G
G

O
G

G
O
G

H
O

G
O

G
O
G

H
O

G
O

G
O
G

O
G

O
H

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

G
O
G

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

H
O

G
O

Cylian

O

O

Helli

Initiative
Table

Player
Value

Naerath
?

Zytier

Helli
?

Atlanit
?

Badguys

Cylian

For those whose init isn't listed, I apologize but can't seem to find the value. The grid map will be updated in terms of numbering rows and columns for easy adjustment, I plan on letting everyone be able to copy and update it as they desire, else we can move to a battleship system of "Row X column Y" that I'll update after each post session.

black-jack
2015-12-03, 07:52 PM
Feeling bolstered by the spell Cylian cast, Zytier swiftly made his way into the camp, keeping an eye out for the commander.

"He's got to be around here somewhere," he muttered to himself as he prepared another shot. Removing the commander quickly could end this fight just as quick, and Zytier was eager to end the chaos.
"We'll just have to be patient, won't we Lucky?"

Move: Move to J19
Standard: Begin full-round action for attack

CozJa
2015-12-04, 02:38 AM
Altanit sprints into the battle, multiplying his image to distract and demoralize his enemies, than he draw his sword.

His Initiative is 13

He casts on himself mirror image [roll0] and goes to E18 with his sword drawn

KuramtheWicked
2015-12-04, 06:04 PM
For those whose init isn't listed, I apologize but can't seem to find the value.

Helli's Initiative was 11 and Naereths was 7 So i believe it is Zytiers turn in Initiative order.

"Ya nasty creatures need to just die!"

Silverphantasm
2015-12-07, 01:25 PM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

H
O

G
O

G
O
G

G
O
G

H
Cmdr

G
O

H
O

G
O

G
O
G

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

G
O

G
G

O

H

O

O

H

O

G
O

G
G

G
G

O
G

O

H

O

O

H

O

G
G

O
G

G
O
G

H
O

G
O

G
O
G

H
O

G
O

G
O
G

O
G

O
H

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

Helli
G
O
G

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

H
O

Cylian

Altanit(6)

O

Initiative
Table

Player
Value

Zytier

Atlanit

Helli

Naerath

Badguys

Cylian

As the rebels ambush the enemy camp, they are greeted with success as 3 foes fall victim the the party's wrath. Helli slew an orc and gleefully moved towards the larger force calling out for a challenge. Cylian quickly followed suit taking advantage of his mastery of both sword and spell he dispatched a smelly goblin with a crackle of arcane energy, and as the force of his blow carried past his foe he added to it and brought his blade to rest in the chest of an Orc, whose blood sprayed out in a crimson mist. Determined to maintain the advantage Altanit invoked copies of his form, know to enemy eyes they faced not 5 foes, but 10. As the battle began in earnest Zytier continued on his path towards the commander (I3).

black-jack
2015-12-07, 03:53 PM
You forgot to put me in square J19 on the grid.
Also my spot check to locate the commander, if it's necessary: [roll0]

"There's the prize"
Zytier had finally located the commander. There was some distance between the two, but he was ready to finish him off. He continued to steady his weapon, keeping his eye on the commander, and loosed a bolt. He watched the bolt fly forward, striking true, and reloaded his crossbow.

"If that didn't finish him, this next one will."

Standard: Finish full round action attack to hit the commander
Attack roll: [roll1]
Damage:[roll2]*2
Move action: Reload
5-ft step to J18

KuramtheWicked
2015-12-07, 04:05 PM
Helli seeing that he's not surrounded on all sides decides to 5-foot step to C-14 so that he nearly is surrounded. Gripping his Dwarven Waraxe tightly with his three arms he brings the axe down on the orc in front of him.

"Ye ugly brutes go back home ta yer mommies."

Helli is engrossed in the battle being surrounded by enemies.

Attack Against Orc [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Ring of Blades: All adjacent characters damage [roll2]

KuramtheWicked
2015-12-07, 04:09 PM
Attack Against Orc [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
[/QUOTE]

Attack Against Orc: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Silverphantasm
2015-12-08, 11:07 AM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

H
O

G
O

G
O
G

G
O
G

H
Cmdr

G
O

H
O

G
O

G
O
G

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

G
O

G
G

O

H

O

O

H

O

G
O

G
G

G
G

O
G

O

H

O

O

H

O

G
G

O
G

G
O
G

H
O

G
O

G
O
G

H
O

G
O

G

G

O
G

O
H

O
G
Helli
O
H

G
O
G

G
O
G

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

H
O

Cylian

Altanit(6)

O

Zytier

Initiative
Table

Player
Value

Zytier

Atlanit

Helli

Naerath

Badguys

Cylian

CozJa
2015-12-08, 12:43 PM
Altanit, with his various images moving with him, advances on his right and, after takin a look at the enemies in fron of him, slightly touches his goggles; as he does it, a hurtling comet falls on the ground, exploding in a fiery burst.

Moving into F17 and using the goggles of the golden sun to cast a fireball centered on the goblin in F9.
7d6 damage, 20 ft radius, DC 14 reflex to half

[roll0]

Silverphantasm
2015-12-09, 11:18 AM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L

G
O
G

H
Cmdr

G
O

O
H
O

G
O

G
O
G

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

O
G

O

G
O
G

G
O

O

H

O

H

O

G

G
G

G

G

O

O

O

G

O
G

G
O

H

G
O

G

O

G
O

G
O
G

O
G

O
H

O
G
Helli
O
H

G
O
G

G
G
O
G

O
G

H

O
H

O
G

O

Cylian

Altanit(6)

O
Zytier

Initiative
Table

Player
Value

Zytier

Atlanit

Helli

Naerath

Badguys

Cylian

Altanit's action of dropping of dropping fiery comet in the midst of the camp not only burned 10 foes to a greasy smear, but caused a wave of fear and emotion throughout the camp. Many enemies towards the rear of the camp turned and fled, while others who were closer to rebels looked reluctant to enage with such powerful foes. Despite this they were angry and commenced their attack. Two orcs moved adjacent to Zytier, while another Orc and a hobgoblin moved towards Cylian, while Altanit now faced a Goblin and Orc. Helli faced an enemy on all sides, clearly the dwarf's goal since the start of the battle. The foes not adjacent to the rebels drew out bows, Orcs and hobgoblins drew short bows, whilst the goblins drew long bows. They aim at various members of the party and fired.

Ranged Attacks
Zytier
[roll0] Damage:[roll1]
[roll2] Damage:[roll3]
[roll4] Damage:[roll5]
[roll6] Damage:[roll7]

Cylian
[roll8] Damage:[roll9]
[roll10] Damage:[roll11]
[roll12] Damage:[roll13]
[roll14] Damage:[roll15]

Helli
[roll16] Damage:[roll17]
[roll18] Damage:[roll19]
[roll20] Damage:[roll21]
[roll22] Damage:[roll23]

Naereth
[roll24] Damage:[roll25]
[roll26] Damage:[roll27]
[roll28] Damage:[roll29]
[roll30] Damage:[roll31]

Melee Attacks
Helli (8)
Goblin:[roll32] Damage:[roll33]
Goblin:[roll34] Damage:[roll35]
Goblin:[roll36] Damage:[roll37]
Goblin:[roll38] Damage:[roll39]
Goblin:[roll40] Damage:[roll41]
Orc:[roll42] Damage:[roll43]
Orc:[roll44] Damage:[roll45]
Orc:[roll46] Damage:[roll47]
(Doesn't include dwarf AC compensation for goblin)

Altanit:
Orc:[roll48] Damage:[roll49]
Miss Chance: 1 hits, [roll50]
Goblin:[roll51] Damage:[roll52]
Miss Chance: 1 hits or 1 and 2 hits, [roll53] or [roll54]

Zytier:
Orc:[roll55] Damage:[roll56]
Orc:[roll57] Damage:[roll58]

Cylian:
Orc:[roll59] Damage:[roll60]
Hob Goblin:[roll61] Damage:[roll62]

Macros
2015-12-09, 12:03 PM
While dancing around to avoid arrows and swords, the prominent thought in Cylian's mind could be summed as 'well, this is going to be a long night'. None of his opponents were really dangerous on their own, but there was a lot of them, and his magic was ill-suited against such numerous ennemies. Slashing left and right, he tried to thin out the mass, but it seemed like a drop in an ocean.

Swift action : burning a level 1 spell slot to power Arcane Strike
Full round action : full attack (using Power Attack at -2)
Attack 1 vs Hobgoblin : [roll0]
Damage : [roll1] plus [roll2]
Attack 2 (haste) vs Orc : [roll3]
Damage : [roll4] plus [roll5]
Attack 3 vs whichever is still standing : [roll6]
Damage : [roll7] plus [roll8]
Cleave (if applicable) : [roll9] (-5 if triggering on Attack 3)
Damage : [roll10] plus [roll11]

Free action (only if both opponents are dead) : using Travel Devotion to move in K14

black-jack
2015-12-09, 02:38 PM
Zytier grunted in pain from the blow dealt by the orc, and the arrow that flew a little too close to his face, leaving a slight wound. Not wanting to be distracted from his target, he side-stepped away from the orc and refocused his attention to the commander. He could deal with the underlings afterwards; the commander needed to fall. He fired his crossbow, hoping that it would strike true and end this combat.

5-ft step to K19
Full round attack commander
Damage: [roll1]*2

KuramtheWicked
2015-12-09, 05:35 PM
Helli watches gleefully as 11 attacks hit his armor and simply bounce off but the one arrow managed to find its way to him however he doesn't seem to notice it. He is obviously enjoying himself in the midst of this battle continues his swinging content on taking out as many of these abominations as he can.

"Haha ye dumb abominations kinna manage ta hit tha broad sides of yer moms arse."

Attack vs. Orc:[roll0]
Ring of Blades damage: [roll2]

Silverphantasm
2015-12-12, 09:03 PM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L

G
O
G

H
Cmdr

G
O

O
H
O

G
O

G
O
G

O
G

O
H

G
O
G

O
G

O

G
O
G

G
O

O

H

O

H

O

G

G
G

G

G

O

O

O

G

O
G

G
O

H

G
O

G

O

G
O

O
G

O
H

O

Helli

H

G
O
G

G

O
G

H

Cylian

O
G

O

Altanit(6)

O

Zytier

Initiative
Table

Player
Value

Zytier

Atlanit

Helli

Naerath

Badguys

Cylian

Cylian's foes fell, while Zytier fired towards the commander a second time, Helli who was surrounded by foes now stood in the center of a circle of dead foes, the ring of blades doing its task and slicing the foes apart. Now Naereth and Altanit had the oppurtunity to slay several more foes.

bcool999
2015-12-12, 09:32 PM
Neareth

Dodging the slings and arrows of his enemies with random twists and turns throwing off their aim, Neareth laughs heartily and flies above the gathered army and shouts, "You all look like ants from up here!" He then proceeds to firing a crimson beam at the commander saying, "Let's see if you can burn like ants too!"

So I think I missed a turn, I will double move up to 30 ft above F11 on the first turn and on the second I will blast the commander with an eldritch blast with extra damage from my gloves (burning all the charges for today from them).

Ranged touch attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] eldritch blast + [roll2] Fire damage

Silverphantasm
2015-12-14, 10:59 PM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L

H
H
H
G
G
G
G
G
H
H
H

G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G

G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G

O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O

O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O

O
O
O
O
H
H
H

O
O
O
O

Neareth^30'

Cmdr

Helli

Cylian

Altanit(6)

Zytier

Initiative
Table

Player
Value

Zytier

Atlanit

Helli

Naerath

Badguys

Cylian

Neareth's proclamation of them being ants seemed to have a dual effect, the orcs grew angry and snorted, while the goblins cowered and began backing away. The commander who had narrowly avoided being hit by by the blast of energy lifted an ornate water skin, it was covered in ornate etchings and had a jeweled stopper, pulling the stopper with his tusks, the commander consumed the purple draft within, then shoving orcs and goblins alike out of his way ran thundered towards Cylian, as he moved he shouted out in orcish "Form up! Form up you worthless scum!" re-directing his gaze to Cylian as he stopped 20' from him his fetted breath leaving faint whisps of mositure he let out a blood curdling scream.

At his bellows all troops behind him gathered together in some assemblance of order. The few who were between him and Cylian quickly retreated to join the main force.

Commander moves to K12, and everyother member spends two move actions reorganizing into formation.
Altanit is entitled to 2 Attacks of Oppurtunity.
I am simply going to regroup them, so I will keep the correct number of unit but they're position might not be perfect.

KuramtheWicked
2015-12-15, 01:12 AM
Helli taken back by the sudden formation of troops think to himself. "I didn't know tha thes' ugly abominations coul' do tha."

In response to the enemy commanders shout Helli charges at the Commander "If'n ya want ta fight tha tiny lil' elf yer gunna haf ta go through me."

Charged to J12
Attack on Commander [roll0]
Damage[roll1]
Initiating Bull Rush via Brutal Surge [roll2]

CozJa
2015-12-15, 02:46 AM
While the enemies try to disengage, Altanit strikes at those near to him... after this, he sees the amazing scene of dwarf passing in front of him at full speed!

Attacks of Opportunity
To hit [roll0] damage [roll1]

To hit [roll2] damage [roll3]

Amused by the scene, Altanit stops for a moment, then decides to try his most useful tactic another time, touching again his goggles

Centered on D6
[roll4]
DC 14 to half 20ft radius

Silverphantasm
2015-12-15, 05:46 AM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L

H
H
H
G
G
G
G
G
H
H
H

G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G

G
G

G
G

G
G
G
G
G
G

O
O
O
O

O

O
O
O
O

O

O

O
O
O
O
O
O

O

O
O
H
H
H

O
O
O
O

Neareth^30'

Helli
Cmdr

Cylian

Altanit(6)

Zytier

Initiative
Table

Player
Value

Zytier

Atlanit

Helli

Naerath

Badguys

Cylian

The commander's eyes widened with surprise as the dwarf clad in armor and bearing a shield charged over 30' to reach him, clearly he had thought Helli's mobility would be far lower than it currently was, as the dwarf's charge hit him, he felt himself being pushed back, and he strained against it. Due to his enraged state he barely managed to keep Helli from launching him into the hill side.

Meanwhile Altanit's 2nd fireball landed right in the midst of the now formed platoon, many were killed in the blast, but a few stragglers remained, though their charred flesh spoke wonders regarding their overall condition.

Oppose Bullrush: 17
Reflex Saves: Left to right top to bottom DC: 14.

bcool999
2015-12-15, 11:28 AM
Naereth

Slightly annoyed that the commander dodged his empowered blast, Naereth sighs and tries hitting him with a normal blast.

Ranged Touch: [roll0]

Ranged Touch Confirm: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Silverphantasm
2015-12-15, 10:37 PM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L

H
H
H
G
G
G
G
G
H
H
H

G
G
G
G
G
G
G
G

G
G

G
G

G
G
G
G
G
G

O
O
O
O

O

O
O
O
O

O

O

O
O
O
O
O
O

O

O
O
H
H
H

O
O
O
O

Neareth^30'

Helli

Cylian

Altanit(6)

Zytier

Initiative
Table

Player
Value

Zytier

Atlanit

Helli

Naerath

Badguys

Cylian

As Neareth's second bolt of arcane energy passed over Helli's head and struck the commander's chest, he let out a pained gurgle, his weapon fell from his grasp as his bony knees hit the cold earth and his ugly head rolled on his soliders, his now hollow eyes stared blankly at into Helli's.

At the fall of their commander cries of worry echoed throughout the remaining horde, the largest Hobgoblin, seeing his chance for glory raised his sword and yelled "Archers fire! Shoot them! Kill Them! First squad draw your weapons and advance, they can't kill us all!" They all heeded his words, though the orcs grumbled and the goblins sniveled. The procession advance towards the rebels as a single unit, while the archers drew back their bow strings and fired.

If an attack crits, and confirms take dmg*2

Zytier(10)
Atk:[roll0]
Dmg:[roll1]
Crit:[roll2]

Atk:[roll3]
Dmg:[roll4]
Crit:[roll5]

Atk:[roll6]
Dmg:[roll7]
Crit:[roll8]

Atk:[roll9]
Dmg:[roll10]
Crit:[roll11]

Atk:[roll12]
Dmg:[roll13]
Crit:[roll14]

Atk:[roll15]
Dmg:[roll16]
Crit:[roll17]

Atk:[roll18]
Dmg:[roll19]
Crit:[roll20]

Atk:[roll21]
Dmg:[roll22]
Crit:[roll23]

Atk:[roll24]
Dmg:[roll25]
Crit:[roll26]

Atk:[roll27]
Dmg:[roll28]
Crit:[roll29]

Helli(12)
Atk:[roll30]
Dmg:[roll31]
Crit:[roll32]

Atk:[roll33]
Dmg:[roll34]
Crit:[roll35]

Atk:[roll36]
Dmg:[roll37]
Crit:[roll38]

Atk:[roll39]
Dmg:[roll40]
Crit:[roll41]

Atk:[roll42]
Dmg:[roll43]
Crit:[roll44]

Atk:[roll45]
Dmg:[roll46]
Crit:[roll47]

Atk:[roll48]
Dmg:[roll49]
Crit:[roll50]

Atk:[roll51]
Dmg:[roll52]
Crit:[roll53]

Atk:[roll54]
Dmg:[roll55]
Crit:[roll56]

Atk:[roll57]
Dmg:[roll58]
Crit:[roll59]

Atk:[roll60]
Dmg:[roll61]
Crit:[roll62]

Atk:[roll63]
Dmg:[roll64]
Crit:[roll65]
Cylian(6)
Atk:[roll66]
Dmg:[roll67]
Crit:[roll68]

Atk:[roll69]
Dmg:[roll70]
Crit:[roll71]

Atk:[roll72]
Dmg:[roll73]
Crit:[roll74]

Atk:[roll75]
Dmg:[roll76]
Crit:[roll77]
Neareth(10)
Atk:[roll78]
Dmg:[roll79]
Crit:[roll80]

Atk:[roll81]
Dmg:[roll82]
Crit:[roll83]

Atk:[roll84]
Dmg:[roll85]
Crit:[roll86]

Atk:[roll87]
Dmg:[roll88]
Crit:[roll89]

Atk:[roll90]
Dmg:[roll91]
Crit:[roll92]

Atk:[roll93]
Dmg:[roll94]
Crit:[roll95]

Atk:[roll96]
Dmg:[roll97]
Crit:[roll98]

Atk:[roll99]
Dmg:[roll100]
Crit:[roll101]

Atk:[roll102]
Dmg:[roll103]
Crit:[roll104]

Atk:[roll105]
Dmg:[roll106]
Crit:[roll107]

Altanit(8)
For each one that touches lose a mirror image, then take damage when out of images.
Atk:[roll108]
Dmg:[roll109]
Crit:[roll110]

Atk:[roll111]
Dmg:[roll112]
Crit:[roll113]

Atk:[roll114]
Dmg:[roll115]
Crit:[roll116]

Atk:[roll117]
Dmg:[roll118]
Crit:[roll119]

Atk:[roll120]
Dmg:[roll121]
Crit:[roll122]

Atk:[roll123]
Dmg:[roll124]
Crit:[roll125]

Atk:[roll126]
Dmg:[roll127]
Crit:[roll128]

Atk:[roll129]
Dmg:[roll130]
Crit:[roll131]

Macros
2015-12-16, 05:24 AM
Weaving between arrows, Cylian locked his sight with the one who shouted those last orders. With the death of their commander, he hoped that killing his apparent second would deal a decisive blow to the morale of this squadron. Once again, his blade crackled as he infused arcane power within it, hoping to bring an end to this fight.

Swift action : spending a level 3 slot to activate Arcane Strike
Move action : going in G10
Standard action : attacking the Hobgoblin in F9 (Power attack at -2)
Attack roll : [roll0]
Damage roll : [roll1], plus [roll2]
Critical : [roll3]

If dropped, Cleave vs Hobgoblin in G9
Attack roll : [roll4]
Damage roll : [roll5], plus [roll6]
Critical : [roll7]

black-jack
2015-12-16, 03:06 PM
1st round: reload, begin firing
2nd round: Finish firing, reload.
Attack against the new commander.
Damage:[roll1]*2

Seeing the commander fall, Zytier breathed a sigh of relief. They should all surrender now, or at the very least start running. However, he groaned when the hobgoblin took command of the army. He fired his crossbow, hoping that this time they would get the message. At least they were orderly now; a less chaotic fight made it easier to concentrate.

bcool999
2015-12-16, 03:28 PM
Naereth

Finding some small measure of satisfaction from successfully removing the head from the head of the army, Naereth was about to let loose his victory cry when a hobgoblin spoke up and a hail of arrows rushed through the air around Naereth harmlessly. "We can't kill you all? More like you can't kill us at all." Naereth croes at the enemies latest lackluster volley, "Thank you so much for lining up in an orderly fashion and waiting your turn to be smacked. The gentleman who was just speaking is next in line... That was you correct?"

With that said, Naereth blasts the hobgoblin to the right of the one who just spoke.

Ranged touch: [roll0]

KuramtheWicked
2015-12-16, 06:43 PM
Helli disgruntled that they didn't just disband at the leaders death moves over in front of the now pseudo-leader and says "If'n ya think tha ya abominations ken go toe ta toe wit us, ya are dumber than I thought. However, if ya feel ya truly can do it, I personally challenge all of ye."

Move to F10 and Total Defense.

Silverphantasm
2015-12-16, 10:49 PM
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L

O

O

O
O
O
O
O
O

O

O
O

O
O
O

Helli

Cylian

Neareth^30'

Helli

Cylian

Altanit(6)

Zytier

Initiative
Table

Player
Value

Zytier

Atlanit

Helli

Naerath

Badguys

Cylian

It was over, Zytier had just finished loosing the bolt as the enemy began their attack, at the same moment Cylian bounded forward slashing with fiery blades at the foul creature, it was lucky they had both attacked as it took both their blows to finish him. As his blade left the flesh of the goblins chest Cylian angled his blade towards the other hobgoblin next to him, the blade came to rest halfway thru his gut, the smell of burnt and rotted meat filled the air as the goblin fell backwards. The remaining army faltered, many looking uneasy, then Neareth's bolt of energy smote another hobgoblin straight in the chest. Every orc in the first 2 rows dropped their weapons scowling, they dared not move with the rebels directly in front of them, while the back rows turned and fled their weapons clattering to the ground as they scrambled into the darkness.

XP gained: 6200/person, new total should be 21200, just into level 7.
Treasure gained:

Edit: I previewed my post and screwed up the rolls again

Checks:
Search: 1/person

Automatically Found Items
Coded military communique
Iron Key + Faded note
Jeweled Potion Flask

black-jack
2015-12-17, 12:02 AM
Finally, it was over. Zytier sheathed his crossbow, satisfied with how combat ended. Many of the enemy escaped, but the important ones did not. He headed towards the commanders tent, wanting a break from the chaos outside, and searching for anything that looked important.

Search: [roll0]

KuramtheWicked
2015-12-17, 01:30 AM
Well that was rather...uneventful. "I figured tha second in chief woul' put up a lil' fight."

But since its over Helli sheathes his waraxe but keeping his shield always at the ready.

Searching...[roll0]

Macros
2015-12-18, 09:26 AM
"Whew. Well, that was easier than I thought."

Cylian sheathed his blade, surveying the battlefield. He had managed to come out of the engagement uninjured, and none of his companions seemed to have been seriously hit, so this night certainly was a success, although he suspected the engagement to be rather meaningless in the long term. The Resistance, as far as knew, wasn't ready to go toe to toe with the empire, and no doubt this batallion would be reformed sooner or later.

Then again, I'm rather new to all this. Perhaps I should leave the thinking to others.

Speaking of others, he was a bit curious about his newfound allies.

"Soooo... have you been doing this for long?"

Search check : [roll0]

KuramtheWicked
2015-12-18, 04:19 PM
Helli looking at Cylian. "Ya know I'd rather na talk about me own history. But lets say that this isn't ma' first time round tha mountain." Helli also curious about his newfound allies looks to the others for their own input.

bcool999
2015-12-18, 06:40 PM
Naereth floats down to his comrades and sits cross legged mid air and introduces himself. "I can't seem to recall if we even introduced ourselves to one another. I an Naereth the Spellbinder... Or was it Neareth the Bindspeller? My magic is a bit on the undisciplined side so it can have side effects. Today I am rather forgetful." Naereth looks at his goat legs in alarm for a moment before calming down and laughing, "Forgot about the legs, that is another side effect. However if you were hurt at all in the scuffle I can provide healing or track down the ones that ran off if we wish to pursue."

Silverphantasm
2015-12-20, 12:16 AM
The rebels searched the camp with varying degrees of intensity. Neareth seemed to search intensely but stopped often, his forgetful nature causing him to rapidly forget his task. Altanit seemed obsessed with his search going thru every pouch with expert focus, his attentions did not leave him wanting, after the others had gone thru the commanders tent and found a few items, he entered and discovered a small patch of earth that had been disturbed and quickly found a simple metal box, its contents he would discuss others later. Zytier seemed utterly disinterested with searching the camp, he walked along talking to air as he randomly rolled a body with his foot. Helli seemed eager to help, but was hindered in maneuvering due to the massive armor, and didn't find anything of note. Cylian found several things of note and on the commanders dead body a small box that contained a monocle with an iron frame upon which a phrase was inscribed.

The rebels met back up with their spoils, among them they had collected 2 wands, 9 gems, 3 potions, and collections of platinum, gold, silver and copper. Along with a few items that Neareth's spell had indicated were magical including: A great-sword taken from the commander, along with the jeweled flask he had drank from earlier, the lens Cylian had found was also magical, additionally the contents of the box Altanit had found contained several magical auras.

219 pp
1387 gp
35092 sp
410 cp
Gem value: Appraise Check 18: 1348 gp
Wand 1: UMD check 18: Hold person 34 charges
Wand 2: UMD check 18: Bear's Endurance 27 charges
Potion 1: Cure moderate wounds (labeled)
Potion 2: Bark-skin (labeled)
Oil 3: Magic Weapon 1 (labeled)

With Identify
+2 Berserker Great-sword
Magic flask of replenishment: 1/week consuming the liquid within this flask allows the drinker to gain the benefits of a full nights rest. This includes regaining HP, regaining use/per abilities, including spells/day (note wizards cleric etc must still pray for and prepare spells).
The monocle had an activation inscription allowing it to decode certain messages 1/day.

Inside the metal box was a scroll encoded with a spell of secrecy, an Iron key with a scrap of paper wrapped around the shaft, and a small mirror.

KuramtheWicked
2015-12-20, 04:40 AM
"I dinnae know much about gems and tha such but I did grow up wit them."

Appraise on gems: [roll0]

CozJa
2015-12-21, 02:35 PM
"Hey, we found a lot of interesting things! I'll take a look at the wands..."

[roll0]

[roll1]

"Ok, now I know what those things are!"

Reaching Helli that is intent on looking at the gems, Altanit starts to take a look at the documents found with the strange flask.

Coded military communique ???
Iron Key + Faded note Spellcraft check? [roll2]
Jeweled Potion Flask Another Spellcraft check??? [roll3]

He looks at the communique. "mmh... that seems... a strange language? Or a code? anyone has got an idea?"

Silverphantasm
2015-12-27, 05:36 PM
As Altanit examines the miriad of items, he notices that the Iron key has several traces of abjuration magic clinging to it, and upon examining the note he now knows why.

In faded writing, the small scroll reveals

Commander,

A chest containing a full months pay and several future plans was in a caravan that was lost due to the rockslide in between the mountains. Your garrison is the closest to the location, you and your men are entitled to all the contents of the chest, say the 3 scroll tubes, this key will dispel the protections upon chest, DO NOT attempt to open it without using the key. It has (writing is to faded to read) protective spells on it.

I've my personal squad also searching for it, so if you do not have to find the chest.

High Lady Ileriaz

Knowledge Geography Check to know where the area is: 16, for every 5 above base check, eliminate 1 day of searching.

It will take 2 days of travel to reach the location, and 3d4 days to find the chest.
An encounter will occur for every 5 days.

Although, he had examined the flask, the only thing Altanit could divine regarding it was that it contained conjuration magic.

KuramtheWicked
2015-12-29, 12:48 AM
Helli with a very unsatisfied yet disgruntled look asks Altanit.

"So Altanit whaddya think o' tha note and tiny drink? Tha gems here are inferior to tha ones a' home but they shoul' still get some money outta dem."

CozJa
2015-12-29, 02:52 AM
"The flask is magic, but I have not idea of what it does... This note, on the other hand, seems really interesting for a swift cash flow. If you're into that kind of things.

bcool999
2015-12-29, 12:08 PM
Naereth

Suddenly remembering that he can use magic to identify magic items, Naereth takes a moment to do so listing out what does what. "The Greatsword will sell for a lot I bet, but unless someone here likes fighting angry there are better weapons out there, the flask is pretty interesting, once a week it can give you the benefit of a whole nights rest after taking a swig, useful if your the type that can burn through all your magic in a day, and lastly we have a rather fancy looking... half-glasses?... thing, that allows you to read encoded messages... do we have any encoded messages? Can't remember... can someone tell me what all those orcs are standing around for?" Naereth seems even more forgetful than before as he suddenly notices the prisoners and how no one has done anything to restrain them but they seem to be just standing there anyway.

Silverphantasm
2015-12-29, 06:24 PM
The orcs overhearing Naereth's comment look suddenly fearful, they were heavily wounded, exhausted and in no condition to run or fight. The largest among them stepped forward, and in garbled common addressed the rebels, "You let orc go, we go, no fight, no trick we leave, go south, leave mountains." He stops and gestures at the other orcs, "I talk for all orc." He finishes with a loud grunt and raises his head and puffs his chest while looking among the rebels.

KuramtheWicked
2015-12-29, 11:15 PM
Helli looks to the group. "I kent see a reason why we need to kill tha group seeing tha they gave up."

Silverphantasm
2016-01-06, 11:51 AM
The orcs hearing Helli's comment, begin gathering their belongings, and once done, they begin to trot south.

(Provided the party doesn't stop them)

The morning sun begins to creep up from behind the eastern mountains, its pale light, illuminating the now nearly deserted battlefield. The rebels knew they had a few options before them, continue on wards towards the captured fort, search out the lost pay chest, enter the caverns and descend to the depths to find the Lost Forge, or attempt to decrypt the communique. They had been up for approximately 5 hrs and had the new day before them.